Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Seems like more of an alit thing to do. They always struck me as having the potential to be cliffracers2.0 with their weird hitboxes and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

GorfZaplen posted:

There was an old mod called the Wilderness mod that allegedly did that, but what it actually did was add giant herds of hostile guar that would track you over long distances and gang up on you to maul you viciously

I still remember an old rear end mod ages ago that expanded on AOE arrows plugin. It made arrows have more varied effects, added them to loot table, made npcs use them, have specialized shops for them, make cliff racers have long range fireball attack, balanced price and weight of arrows, etc.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

gently caress off Batman posted:

I still remember an old rear end mod ages ago that expanded on AOE arrows plugin. It made arrows have more varied effects, added them to loot table, made npcs use them, have specialized shops for them, make cliff racers have long range fireball attack, balanced price and weight of arrows, etc.

Wait THAT was why cliff racers did traffic? That mod was one of my essentials so I just thought it was normal lmao

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

gently caress off Batman posted:

So all that poo poo for arrows and they randomly modded in buffed cliff racers?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

There seems to be roughly two types of people in the Mages Guild:
-Clueless ivory tower academics
-Petty vengeful sociopaths

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'd say that's accurate.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I just got a 3070ti and I now get 67fps in Balmora. 1080p. Mgxe is a magical FPS pit

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
So I've heard elsewhere on the internet that marksman is not that great a skill. I don't really get that. I'm sniping fools with my Witchhunter. It does both great damage and you can shoot from long distances or with levitation and easily kill anything.

Granted, I am using Conjuration and Bound Weapons are absurdly OP. I suppose it would suffer a lot as a skill without conjuration (or enchanting I guess) since there seems to be a lack of good bows around compared to the heaps of melee weapons you can find.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

So I've heard elsewhere on the internet that marksman is not that great a skill. I don't really get that. I'm sniping fools with my Witchhunter. It does both great damage and you can shoot from long distances or with levitation and easily kill anything.

Granted, I am using Conjuration and Bound Weapons are absurdly OP. I suppose it would suffer a lot as a skill without conjuration (or enchanting I guess) since there seems to be a lack of good bows around compared to the heaps of melee weapons you can find.

My last run I was using bound bows and with high acrobatics I would just jump somewhere, take a shot, jump again. It owned.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
marksman is strong af and even really weak poo poo like throwing stars can be strong as hell. It's punishing if you don't have enough skill to reliably land shots, just on the basis of you throwing away ammo. In one run i used crossbows to murder monsters that could have 1 or 2 shot me, you can piss damage once you get good enough.

Similar to how hand 2 hand sucks poo poo until you get strong enough in it that you can stunlock any enemy and they're powerless to stop you.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

chaosapiant posted:

So all that poo poo for arrows and they randomly modded in buffed cliff racers?

Yes. Completely out of the left field.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Marksman is basically destruction but with faster projectiles, no mana considerations, and high-tier enemies won't just reflect the damage back at you. Ammo isn't a problem either, you'll find so much everywhere.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gobblecoque posted:

Marksman is basically destruction but with faster projectiles, no mana considerations, and high-tier enemies won't just reflect the damage back at you. Ammo isn't a problem either, you'll find so much everywhere.
It doesn't have Destruction's potential for huge amounts of burst damage, and I find it too slow to use in close combat, but Marksman is definitely underrated. You can soften enemies up before they reach you, and it's great against mages who keep their distance and don't have armor.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Gobblecoque posted:

high-tier enemies won't just reflect the damage back at you.

unless you're using darts, in which case :rip:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Leal posted:

My last run I was using bound bows and with high acrobatics I would just jump somewhere, take a shot, jump again. It owned.

My Witchhunter is an Altmer so extremely unathletic or acrobatic but nothing I can't solve with enchants/alchemy.

Gobblecoque posted:

Yeah it's absolutely lethal against mages. They drop quickly.

FactsAreUseless posted:

It doesn't have Destruction's potential for huge amounts of burst damage, and I find it too slow to use in close combat, but Marksman is definitely underrated. You can soften enemies up before they reach you, and it's great against mages who keep their distance and don't have armor.

Against armored enemies it can be tough to finish them before they close the distance but by the time they close in on me they're usually weakened enough that I can go toe to toe and finish them before they get me. The only time that equation really changes is if it's an enemy with a two hander. Against those I still have to be careful as I can get one shot since I'm a little fragile as a Witchunter.

But also for those types of enemies I'll usually summon some cannon fodder and keep plinking at them

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I love it when some trash smuggler squatting in a cave stops my death bolt spell with an iron throwing knife.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is there an oblivion modding thread? Or a guide? I just realize I never did any of the DLC in the original game.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
The general elder scrolls thread just had a discussion about it on the last 2-3 pages I think

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I have programmed since Lego Mindstorm in '99 but my lordy if I ain't gonna learn lua so that npcs turn hostile on each other.

e: i'm talking a guard accidently hits a civilian and suddenly its civilians vs. guards. I'm sure there is a way to do this. I'm thinking a rough way would be to make it so as soon as an npc takes damage from another npc its a companion. of course, that would rely on you already being part of the fray.

one step less rough would be to have it so when an npc damages another it checks if they are different classes. if so, it becomes a class war.

Lampsacus fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 28, 2021

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Now I remembered a detail I told myself for my "next playthrough" all those years ago. It was "don't hold off joining a great house". Got a pile of poo poo ceiling high I just dumped in my new stronghold from my various stolen propertyhideouts through-out Morrowind. I really gotta cull some of this junk, I think.

Going to clear out the ambient junk they gave me and start populating my place with all the rare and expensive artifacts I've collected. Might just end up using console to get myself more red lights. Once the walls are made I think I'll put the brightest ones on top of the spires to acts as a beacon.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

FreudianSlippers posted:

This is mostly accurate to real-life academic institutions.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

One of my favorite things to do back when was summon 30 dremora using the soul trap glitch that made spells permanent, then smacking a guard and watching the wave of death spread through the city culling everyone

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lampsacus posted:

I have programmed since Lego Mindstorm in '99 but my lordy if I ain't gonna learn lua so that npcs turn hostile on each other.

e: i'm talking a guard accidently hits a civilian and suddenly its civilians vs. guards. I'm sure there is a way to do this. I'm thinking a rough way would be to make it so as soon as an npc takes damage from another npc its a companion. of course, that would rely on you already being part of the fray.

one step less rough would be to have it so when an npc damages another it checks if they are different classes. if so, it becomes a class war.

Lua lets you iterate over every entity in a cell, so you would make an event on "damage" if attacker is class guard and target is class not guard, iterate over every npc and startcombat each other

Guard will wipe the floor with the NPCs though lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
man, been getting a shitload of tes vids in my youtube rec-

(breasts not Bethesda official -- link in the discription)

:thunk: hmm... thanks for the clarification.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Wait are they not venom sacks, like in X-Com 2?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The three theories are that they provide milk, hist sap, or are just fat reserves.

They started off deciding if argonians lay eggs and rolling ESO footage and seemed to be heading towards some kind of "eggs make milk irrelevant" argument but that's not any kinda reason to have or not have Bob's in and of itself imo

I was like well that's probably enough I already don't care and clicked off in case someone walked by me inspecting boob diagrams, but I did notice they're headed towards a million views

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Hist know that the other bipedal sentient races love Bobe and wanted Argonians to be able to integrate and seduce their way through society's ranks.

That's probably the least stupid explanation actually

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I think the simplest lore explanation if you absolutely needed one would be a less lewd version of that; the Hist created the Argonians in the general model of the other races of Man and Mer and since those all have sexual dimorphism that includes breasts, the Hist saw fit to do the same for the Argonians, even if they're wholly vestigial and serve no practical function. Cargo cult creationism.
Could argue the less dimorphic and flat Argonians in Oblivion and poo poo are just newer 'models' or variant ones made by Hist that realized 'wait... why the gently caress are we giving reptiles non-functional tits?'

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

i'm so sick of these horny trees giving non-mammals juicy tits

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Can I goad the Arch-Mage into attack me after he has issued his duel challenge? He's not showing up in the arena and every time I talk to him he tells me to meet him in the arena.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Jimbot posted:

Can I goad the Arch-Mage into attack me after he has issued his duel challenge? He's not showing up in the arena and every time I talk to him he tells me to meet him in the arena.

Have you done all of Skink-in-Tree-Shade's quests in Sadrith Mora? Should be able to get Trebonius to promote you to co-Arch-Mage. Then you can taunt and kill him for his gear.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Have you done all of Skink-in-Tree-Shade's quests in Sadrith Mora? Should be able to get Trebonius to promote you to co-Arch-Mage. Then you can taunt and kill him for his gear.

Oh that's right. I forgot you could give him his pink slip. I'll reload and try that instead.

Edit: Great, it's just a general arena bug. Bolvyn Venim isn't even showing up either. This is gamebreaking now. Anyone else have this issue? Are there console commands to remedy this? The only thing that I installed that majorly effects the game is the Patch for Purists. Unless the code patch can break the game too. Google results mainly just show up with people answering the person like they're a complete idiot despite saying they were challenged and can't talk to them anymore.

Nevermind, found a reddit post that solved my issues. Still, I wonder what the hell broke the arena script.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 31, 2021

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

FreudianSlippers posted:

I just made 30k at level 1 by making the Lord's Mail dude drown himself and then making a trip to Mournhold for the sole purpose of selling it to the museum.
I tried that but couldnt figure out how to enter the correct part of mournhold. Entering on foot seems to be impossible.

Dont you have to progress in one of the main quests fairly far to get in there?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Nah, just get attacked by the Dark Brotherhood.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Pretty deep into the Telvanni and getting ready to build a stronghold.

Should I get that Ulvriths legacy mod or is it already too late?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Pretty deep into the Telvanni and getting ready to build a stronghold.

Should I get that Ulvriths legacy mod or is it already too late?

You're probably fine, I would suggest Building Up Uvirith's Grave too but I suspect that might be tougher to start now since I remember it having more external stuff

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
So long as the Telvanni stronghold hasn't been built yet it should be safe to install all of the shebang? I installed it midway through on my first playthrogh with it and it was fine. https://stuporstar.sarahdimento.com/ I strongly recommend it, it basically doubles the length of the Telvanni questline and is better than anything in the original game. Get the mod from the website link for the Building Up Uvirith's Legacy to get to build your own town too.

I'm ALMOST so nearly close to getting my install working again after like, a year. I'm only getting bad FPS in cities I've put way too many mods in and I can tweak that that's FINE. YES Sadrith Mora needs three vertical layers and fifty shops, that's where I live I refuse to live in a boring town anymore.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I installed Ulvrith's legacy and it seems to be working fine. I´m only at the earliest stages of construction so far but the new Telvanni teleport system is amazing and makes being Telvanni, which is a bit of a slog sometimes with all of them being spread out across islands with a somewhat loose transportation system, much easier and it feels very true to lore and not just a cheap fast travel system since it seems you actually need to earn the key to each teleport node.

I also love how it's implemented with a magical door to the new location appearing behind you. Though it confused the hell out of me at first when I was standing in the Sadrith Mora teleport chamber spamming Tel Fyr confused why I wasn't instantly transported there like with the mages guild guides.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I'm guessing Stuporstar did it that way so it would work with companions. Which is a good idea because scripted teleports can't account for conpanions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Does Uvirith’s Legacy have updated patches for Rise of House Telvanni or Tamriel Rebuilt? Are they still needed? All the TR patches seem out of date and the RoHT patch appears to be gone entirely.