Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

are you telling me a pineapple fried that rice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

the korean is a straight calque of the english, "secret cowboy bones"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the korean is a straight calque of the english, "secret cowboy bones"

so is the chinese

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

dinner status:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

fart simpson posted:

dinner status:

i feel there was room for more sprinkled sesame

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage posted:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

dinner status:

is this the boneless cowboy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

is this the boneless cowboy

turn your monitor on

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suBwjvls24Q

:yum:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
fuuuuck

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the actual cut looks 100% like cross cut rib portions introduced to korean peeps by mexican butchers in LA (called LA kalbi) so maybe they just wanted to avoid mentioning an american location

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

dinner status:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mediaphage posted:

that was a whole rooster deep fried and then stir fried with seven thousand dried chiles, and a pound each of sichuan peppercorns and sesame seeds, and also lotus root and french fries mixed in

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

served with sides of sweet dill pickles, cold fried chicken offal & onions, and spicy chicken blood

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah just put all that in me thanks

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I think I may have asked this before but do you all have a favorite BBQ sauce/sauce recipe? All the ones I find at the supermarket always end up being too sweet.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think I may have asked this before but do you all have a favorite BBQ sauce

montgomery inn is the best tomato-based imo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
honestly i dont put bbq sauce on anything but ribs, and when i do ribs i do them dry rub and maybe throw some low-sugar cheap stuff on at the end

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

stubb's original is good and not super sweet. i mostly use mustard sauce with pulled pork, though, so bbq sauce is mostly just for ribs and grilled chicken. my friend mixed some apple cider vinegar and hot sauce to put on pulled pork this last weekend and that was great. i don't gently caress with sauce on beef

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think I may have asked this before but do you all have a favorite BBQ sauce/sauce recipe? All the ones I find at the supermarket always end up being too sweet.

almost all storebought sauces are garbage imo, especially the ones that use hfcs which has a different flavour profile

the mc books have a good one that i like for memphis style sauces. i tend to add extra mustard to mine. i'll use something like this for pulled meat dishes or ribs (i only ever do salt and pepper on ribs or other smoked meats, i'm not a fan of rubs at all)

the base recipe is as follows:

100 % canned tomatoes
27 % apple cider vinegar
13 % lemon juice
13 % unsalted butter
11.5 % brown sugar
10 % worcestershire sauce
0.85 % chili powder (mccormick brand)
0.5 % ground black pepper (fresh)
0.5 % onion powder
0.3 % tabasco sauce
0.25 % mustard powder
0.15 % cayenne pepper

combine all ingredients in a pot, simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced by roughly half. season with salt and lemon to taste.

this is a good base to start from, and then you can modify it to suit, by adding more smoky flavours, premade mustards and ketchups, molasses, other spices, etc. if you don't like it to be sweet, you can sub some of the brown sugar for polydextrose. if you're avoiding carbs, you can sub it and then add sucralose or erythritol (or better, a combination) until you get to where you want it.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3bbcqOAlzA

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:tipshat:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Went with this one because Zuck seems like a man I can trust.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

AnimeIsTrash posted:

if you're interested in western north carolina style, these are my grandmother's bbq sauce and bbq slaw recipes. she lived in lexington her entire life, and these are both pretty spot on, although definitely on the sweet side. cutting sugar and upping hot sauce are the main adjustments i make, although i just make it as written if the kids are gonna be eating it.

quote:

Sauce:
  • 4 cups (946mL) white vinegar
  • 2/3 cups (142mL) sugar
  • 1 1/2cups (355mL) Heinz ketchup (any ketchup is fine, Heinz is best)
  • Juice, pulp and rinds of one lemon
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Black pepper and Texas Pete to taste

Mix all the ingredients and simmer 2-3 hours until desired thickness.
Keeps forever so if you want to double the recipe go for it.

Slaw:
  • 1 head of cabbage, grated
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 cup (118mL) sugar
  • Texas Pete to taste

Add those to a mixing bowl and mash them together with your hands.

To this add:
  • 1/4 cup (60mL) white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup (118mL) Heinz ketchup

Mix again and you're done, add any of the ingredients you feel might be lacking to taste.

Will keep almost indefinitely in the refrigerator.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it's this one right here you want op https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/bourbon-brown-sugar-barbecue-sauce/

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i fried some rice

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

PokeJoe posted:

i fried some rice

shrimp fried rice confirmed

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Was going to make some pizza dough today but realized I am out of yeast. :doh:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

shrimp fried rice confirmed
you mean to tell me tori fried this rice

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Was going to make some pizza dough today but realized I am out of yeast. :doh:

make a starter

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
do you have a beard, op?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

President Beep posted:

do you have a beard, op?
Eww

mystes
May 31, 2006

President Beep posted:

do you have a beard, op?
Beard awards are a dime a dozen, at least ask for a michelin star.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Made some stir fry for lunch today. Used this lady's sauce substituting the oyster sauce with some salty mushroom based stir fry sauce and using some vegan fish sauce.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Made some stir fry for lunch today. Used this lady's sauce substituting the oyster sauce with some salty mushroom based stir fry sauce and using some vegan fish sauce.
"drunken" noodle dishes are always worth a shot imo, thanks for posting it

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i used some shaoxing wine instead of white wine in some gigantes beans the other day and it might've been the best thing I've cooked in months

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Corla Plankun posted:

i used some shaoxing wine instead of white wine in some gigantes beans the other day and it might've been the best thing I've cooked in months

i have shaoxing and also a clear cooking wine that i got at POM and they have very different but both intensely useful flavors.

and yeah they're not just for chinese or even asian food. Basically its the best deglazing splash i've found. SCRAPE THAT FOND

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5UyKUI5U67k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

made some cobbler aw yea