Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dj Meow Mix posted:

this is the best and worst possible push notification i've ever gotten

truly there's no word for the whiplash from 'oooh new E1 Patreon episode' and 'oh no...not like this...'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think I can handle an E2 of that episode. They got exactly the reaction they wanted from me, but I don't think I can take the mental strain of listening to another hour of that content.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I wish this show had the clipping community that Cumtown does, because I really want a supercut of Branson putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Or how many times Charles' lovely writing uses HOWEVER

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Gripweed posted:

I wish this show had the clipping community that Cumtown does, because I really want a supercut of Branson putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable.

Given the format of E1, I'm genuinely suprised there aren't ANY E1 animated things

Probably says something about the community

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jestery posted:

Given the format of E1, I'm genuinely suprised there aren't ANY E1 animated things

Probably says something about the community

And the size. E1 is a $9000 a month podcast, Cumtown earns over ten times that I think?

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
This episode should have been called Charles: They Get His rear end.

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

Springfield Fatts posted:

This episode should have been called Charles: They Get His rear end.

Now that’s funny.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I've been trying to catch up on older episodes and Terre Haute Emergency Services is a gem.

"Fuckin' with my Timbs on! I got my Lieutenant Dans on! I'm ready to gently caress!"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

goddamn that was an amazing cold open

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

"One thing Satan likes to do is sit crisscross applesauce on the floor and we'll all sit behind him and watch him play Breath of the Wild on the big TV"
"Is that fun?"
"For him"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

E1 please release a rpg sourcebook

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Gripweed posted:

E1 please release a rpg sourcebook

Hell yeah

coathat
May 21, 2007

Charles is going to enslave Branson and make him write kindle unlimited adaptations of the dungeons&deagles episodes

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/andrewhaas20/status/746023369770835968?t=RgWQhNgzWlT4az9XTYMg1g&s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I wonder why the account he's responding to was suspended.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
That's my go-to episode I play when I just want to chuckle at some stupid poo poo for an hour while I work.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I'm going through old episodes and love it when for no apparent reason Dr Yinz pretends to be Sam Elliot calling into the flat earther podcast despite being in the room with the hosts like it's an agreed upon thing between them. It's so absurd.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

snoremac posted:

I'm going through old episodes and love it when for no apparent reason Dr Yinz pretends to be Sam Elliot calling into the flat earther podcast despite being in the room with the hosts like it's an agreed upon thing between them. It's so absurd.

That’s actually the famous cowboy actor Sam Elliot though? :confused:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
No one tell Andrew Haas about this https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1434284386912903168?s=12

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

We have those all over the place in the Midwest. They’re called testicle festivals.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Charles this one just says "BUGS BUNNY IS SERB!!!!"

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I've very much enjoyed early E1 but Take Me To Your Dealer was the first stinker.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

That doesn't sound right at all

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

snoremac posted:

I've very much enjoyed early E1 but Take Me To Your Dealer was the first stinker.

...:kstare:

Take me to your dealer is one of an all timer for me

I love loosely connected storytelling so the cash Kia lead in was awesome, and I love the idea is of weed smoking aliens that are more exhausting than anything

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I liked the joke of there being a place at Burning Man to have your gender removed and a rival place to have it put back in and they're at war mostly stealing toilet paper off each other.

But I didn't click with the guest and it felt like a weaker Paragons of Truth setup.

I loved E2 of the anime guys (Charles' debut I think) and Aphrodite's Labyrinth with Felix spouting off podcast ads while the other two have a mental breakdown.

Paradigm Shift was excellent, especially Branson's line that was something like "This isn't the Soviet Union or Soviet China. This is Soviet America."

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Wait I also liked Branson saying he went to Burning Man before Burning Man when it was just desert.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Hm. Please keep posting more of this.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Just enjoying the podcast, gently caress off.

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

I like to call it Episode Fun on account of all the quotable goofs and gags they put out that make me chuckle.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

big fan of the long running phantom menace podcast, real good stuff from the hosts

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Is there an easy way to scroll through the Patreon eps? The app sucks.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

snoremac posted:

Just enjoying the podcast, gently caress off.

if that other poster was being ironic, i'm not, it's genuinely interesting and reminding me to re-listen to those eps it's been a couple years at this point.

:justpost:

snoremac posted:

Is there an easy way to scroll through the Patreon eps? The app sucks.

i just use the apple podcast app

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

export the rss feed to whatever your podcast app of choice is and save yourself some pain

also i'm very happy to have more walt things to think about

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

^^Thanks.

I don't understand the Black Flanders joke. I mean before it became a thing, when Felix says it in his Two Weeks Paid Leave rant and Branson loses it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

snoremac posted:

^^Thanks.

I don't understand the Black Flanders joke. I mean before it became a thing, when Felix says it in his Two Weeks Paid Leave rant and Branson loses it.

"Black Flanders by NBA Stupid A$$" is a fake rap song and artist name playing off White Iverson by Post Malone in which he sings about feeling like a white version of professional basketball player Allen Iverson, and the artist NBA YoungBoy. The idea being that Felix's character, Officer Joey Prezbosiac, doesn't know about rap so mixed up the artist and got the names wrong to a humorously absurd result.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Gripweed posted:

"Black Flanders by NBA Stupid A$$" is a fake rap song and artist name playing off White Iverson by Post Malone in which he sings about feeling like a white version of professional basketball player Allen Iverson, and the artist NBA YoungBoy. The idea being that Felix's character, Officer Joey Prezbosiac, doesn't know about rap so mixed up the artist and got the names wrong to a humorously absurd result.
Thanks. Out of my depth on that one.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Wow, I didn't connect it to post Malone and just thought it was a funny joke.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah I don't have terminal online disease so a lot of the web personality jokes go over my head like Uncle's Houseboat (or anything Felix does really) or those god-awful What Would You Do episodes which are to date the only ones I gave up on 5 minutes in because I couldn't stand that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

EAT ME!