Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jerk McJerkface posted:

You can favorite a Pokeman and it starts the draft with him highlighted.
Does it? I favorited Slowbro but it keeps starting me on Charizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, I always start on charizard even with gengar favorited

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The game knows that Charizard is really everyone's favorite

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

If you hit X on the pre-game character select screen it'll open up a bigger menu that's faster to navigate through than scrolling across one Pokemon at a time, but this game randomly lags menus so sometimes it will just freeze your controls up.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
What are other fun characters with lots of CC? I'm having a blast getting kills with Snorlax (Block is a truly absurd move), and I'm curious who else fills this role.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

nrook posted:

What are other fun characters with lots of CC? I'm having a blast getting kills with Snorlax (Block is a truly absurd move), and I'm curious who else fills this role.

Ninetales has two or three stuns depending on your build and Slowbro's telekinesis has been hilarious everytime I land it.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
Slowbro with surf build and telekinesis along with his unite move is just CC city and hes a big thicc boi which i like in this game where its easy to get shredded instantly on the more damage focused people

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Between Slowbro's surf and telekinesis, you can be an absolute rear end in a top hat. Scald is pretty weak, and Amnesia is fine but doesn't help your team out so much. Between those and his Unite skill you can lock people down for forever.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Amnesia + Scald is decent if you want to poke your lane or your team comp is wack. Amnesia buffs your next surf or scald but yeah outside of that it's hard to think it has much utility compared to telekinesis

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

When you telekenesis someone, they’re immune to damage right? Basically just takes them out of the fighting completely?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Dunno if this counts as CC but Mr. Mime has walls and can use his psychic to slam people into them and stun them or use them to separate groups / prevent retreats and it's a whole lotta fun.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

When you telekenesis someone, they’re immune to damage right? Basically just takes them out of the fighting completely?

No it's just a channeled stun

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Tempura Wizard posted:

Dunno if this counts as CC but Mr. Mime has walls and can use his psychic to slam people into them and stun them or use them to separate groups / prevent retreats and it's a whole lotta fun.

I had a Mr Mime with me as Ninetails and having multiple ways to hurl people into his walls is very funny and makes people's health bars vanish.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

it's wild that they made a character with 3 moves that are all stuns and then they gave it to everyone for free. i always pick slowbro if i'm playing defender

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not only do they still take damage, slowbro's entire purpose as a character is to tk someone and then have everyone else wail on them

Tempura Wizard posted:

snorlax's block actually moves people around, so what you can do is heavy slam into the enemy team, activate block, and then push them all into your team

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Are you the teammates who have been just staring at the Pikachu I've got suspended in the air?!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’ve only been playing Eldegoss, but I’m definitely going to give my boy Gardevoir a shot.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, here I thought TK wasn’t that good. Lol I’m dumb

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Don't forget you can also press the button a second time before it expires to pull them in

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
bulbasaur feels like someone taped a gun to a wet paper bag

way to squishy for a game with so much blink strike burst damage

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

For anyone else who plays Gengar, how long do you stay in the jungle? I typically stay in at least until I evolve to Haunter, but I wonder if maybe I should stay in until I get my full Hex combo up

So you absolutely want to hit Haunter before leaving. There's generally a pattern you can follow with regards to jungling - start with the Lillipup, do Ludicolo and Bouffalant, hit the two Crawdaunt on the sides, use the pad to jump to the middle. From there, hit the creeps in the center jungle near the Zapdos pit until you notice the enemies in either lane start pushing into your team, enough so that you can completely loop around behind the and ambush them for a kill. If you can't get a kill, head to whichever lane seems like it's losing and help them secure the Vespiqueen spawn. TP back to base and re-do the loop until you evolve again, then run to either Rotom or Dreadnaw, kill them, then start killing every enemy

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

when can i play this on my phone or a computer

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

wolfs posted:

when can i play this on my phone or a computer

September for mobile, for computer you'll have to do Bluestacks or something

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The game needs more defensive/supporter Pokemon.

I'm excited for Gardevoir tomorrow but it really should have been a defensive 'mon and not an attacker.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Man, i thought tk was kinda lame but then i slowbro'd with two other people chilling with me and dang, thats pretty fun to just make them not move while my teammates wail on them

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Cinderace is the best character in the game by a massive margin, only followed by Gengar because of his dumb Hex stuff

There's a funny test I was trying out the other day, and it was to see who could solo Electrode before they exploded in the Shivre City quickmatch. Sure enough, it's only Cinderace and Gengar

I literally just did all of the electrodes for the mission solo with zeraora. Required the unite move without +'s, able to without with + moves.

Edit: Moves were spark and wild charge, both had to be + variants to be able to beat electrode without plasma gale. That's a lot easier to type out when you're not rushing before a match starts.

Edit edit: My first real interaction with Zapdos was one where my team basically ignored him while the opposing team dunked on our lead, we backdoored in while they were dunking on our base, and we still won. Read the general reaction to Zapdos here with some confusion, but after several more games I totally get how it can swing the game.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 28, 2021

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Playing solo queue makes my heart hurt, normally I just go support because the times I don't we lose. Is there a discord by chance? If not my trainer code is 8PLAKQX.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Sirbloody posted:

Playing solo queue makes my heart hurt, normally I just go support because the times I don't we lose. Is there a discord by chance? If not my trainer code is 8PLAKQX.

We've got a channel for Unite in the Pokegoons server.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I downloaded this on a whim since I saw it when my wife and I were playing Zelda and 1 game in, it seemed super fun. I picked Slowpoke and harassed the 2 enemy heroes while my lane jungled except I killed them so much I was 2 levels ahead of the next closest person and 9 levels ahead of the lowest person at the end of the match. I played plenty of Dota in my day so I definitely have a head start and probably can't play that aggressive for long. It's much simpler (which is great, 10 min matches hell yeah) but definitely seems to still carry the MOBA burden of knowledge. The only hero on the enemy team worth a drat was Gengar and I wasn't sure exactly what he was doing to me when we 1v1'd. Didn't matter since I could ult him and let my team kill him (and once one of the big creeps, ha).

My skills were auto upgrading... need to figure that part out.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ultrachrist posted:

My skills were auto upgrading... need to figure that part out.
They auto upgrade after a couple seconds if you don't pick one with the dpad. But also you can choose which auto upgrades you want in the pokemon menu or the battle prep menu.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

New datamined playable Pokemon: Blissey

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

homeless snail posted:

They auto upgrade after a couple seconds if you don't pick one with the dpad. But also you can choose which auto upgrades you want in the pokemon menu or the battle prep menu.

Ah thanks, must’ve missed it. Ability descriptions/selections was the biggest thing I missed not having m/kb for.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

New datamined playable Pokemon: Blissey

Oh please no. :negative:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It’s very frustrating that there is no way to communicate basic thoughts. I would feel a lot better about things if I could at least spam “DO NOT FIGHT ZAPADOS” or something equivalent in chat.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

toxapex or ferrovine would make good defender mons imo

My #1 wanted pokemon is Torterra though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

It’s very frustrating that there is no way to communicate basic thoughts. I would feel a lot better about things if I could at least spam “DO NOT FIGHT ZAPADOS” or something equivalent in chat.
You can spam 'i need assistance' while not anywhere near zapdos

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

One thing I mentioned in the Unite survey was the ability to ping teammates directly because I feel like the system right now is so vague that a certain person wouldn't realize I'm talking to them. Like, once again, when I want to grab the middle Audino from the lane, and I ping "Requesting Backup!" my laning partner ignores it 100% of the time and maybe sometimes my jungler will react to it. If I had the ability to say "Hey, Charmander, I'm talking to you, get over here" the odds of them actually doing it would be much higher

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
They are probably not going to do that to limit toxicity.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Is there a list of who's a special attacker yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Going off of mainline game rules, I think it's a safe bet to say that Mr. Mime, Venusaur, Greninja, Ninetails, Cramorant, Gengar, and Slowbro are Special Attack based. Pikachu skirts the line since it's kinda poo poo in general, Wigglytuff seems like it would be physical based, Eldegoss might be Special but I don't wanna say definite yes, Lucario seems physical based if I take the move names as anything worth speculating from, Charizard is an in betweener.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 28, 2021