Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/02/06/ed-buck-political-donations/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I had to buy mine, mods wouldn't even replace the JOE tags with it.

back when i was an ik there was a point they told us that we weren't allowed to give them out for free anymore.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

back when i was an ik there was a point they told us that we weren't allowed to give them out for free anymore.

was it right after the joe tag was put in? lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ArmZ posted:

was it right after the joe tag was put in? lol

it was a bit after i think. i was removing people's joe tags for free when they asked in the original nojoe thread

e: actually i think what it was was that it was before they changed nojoe to joe but they decided nojoe would be grandfathered in that you could still get it for free by doing the nojoe toxx

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 23:57 on Jul 27, 2021

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
lol the currency of Joe Biden gang tags sounds dumb as gently caress to me

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Biden - free this man!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

gh0stpinballa posted:

I'm trying to make Lombardi type network maps, I will share some when I finish. I thought I would start w Manson but it is way too hard, think I'll start with something simpler.

finally this thread gets to the photos & red string on a corkboard stage

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Ograbme posted:

Who did Elsagate: the Yankees or the cowboys?

elsagate was the work of a guy named ama amon who is, i'm told, well-known to the goth scene in portland

he's a pretty cool guy, despite what his encyclopedia dramatica entry says

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

https://twitter.com/KBULTRA0/status/1420181143555559427?s=20
"His brother, Allen, had met Hitler. One biographer described how Allen had met Hitler on an official visit to discuss Germany's massive, outstanding World War I debt reparations, at Nazi party headquarters in the early thirties. Allen cracked a joke with the Fuhrer about the British and the French. And at first Hitler didn't get it, but then when someone explained the joke to him, he broke out into loud guffaws. Allen said later that, quote, "Hitler had a laugh louder than Foster's. I always thought my brother brayed like a donkey when he laughed, but now I know he sounds like a turtle dove compared with Hitler."

if you wanna fun, read this christian think tank guy try to square the swastika circle with the "misunderstood" christian and family man John Foster Dulles lol: https://www.acton.org/publications/transatlantic/2020/03/10/john-foster-dulles-cold-war-architect

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it's a picture of hitler talking to a guy whose back is turned.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

lol if you didn't learn 100x more about the Dulles brothers from Ghost Stories For The End Of The World than you ever did in school

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

lol if you didn't learn 100x more about the Dulles brothers from Ghost Stories For The End Of The World than you ever did in school

👁️ if you went to a school where they somehow taught you more about the Dulles brothers than that

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

GWBBQ posted:

For me it was Killing Hope that first put these fuckers on my radar.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

you have to put mp4 in url tags for some reason

https://i.imgur.com/Opn6vLe.mp4

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

you have to put mp4 in url tags for some reason

https://i.imgur.com/Opn6vLe.mp4

Oh, ok, thanks for the heads up.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

hot date tonight! posted:

Re: warhol

There is that whole thing about modern art being a cia op. https://daily.jstor.org/was-modern-art-really-a-cia-psy-op/

I don't know how much that implicates warhol personally, there's definitely connections here though.

Oh, modern art and the CIA was just the start. They got most of the art community to start sniffing their own farts, develop their own language and ideas about art that excluded the general population, and bred animosity between the art community and the common man. Art has started riots and revolutions, so if we depersonalize art, and form animosity between the art world and common man, we lessen the chance for change.

See the co-opting of the "hippie" (leftist) movement vs the rest of America and the Vietnam war. What was most effective against the war? The nightly news showing what was really going on. Walter Cronkite, for the first time, hosed his handlers on air when it came to the idea of the war against communism, and that has never been forgotten. Since the war in Granada, the only way you can imbed with the US Military is if they can control where you go and what you see.

I know this has been stated before, but MLK was starting to tackle poverty and the unfairness of the capitalist system, and that is why he had to go. The same really happened quite a bit when anyone started to link labor with institutionalized racism, because that is the one thing that can cross the racial divide and unite enough of the minority community with blue collar workers, who if they formed a coalition, could enact actual change.

The CIA used the mob to infiltrate and destroy labor's good name among many people who normally were not hostile to the idea of unions. Have a big show trial that criminals are working with labor, and also use different warring factions of the mob to control unions so they won't cooperate, and boom, no general strike is possible. Also, the CIA and mob really encouraged racism and racists to be high up in labor unions. Lots of city unions were almost run by a single nationality, who were openly hostile to the idea that say Irish or Italians would work with or be equal to blacks.

Now, labor in the 1800s and early to mid 1900s did shoot itself in the foot by institutional racism within the platform, but by the late 1940s, things were changing, even within coal country. That is when we start to see Hoffa (who was a Republican, and bailed out of jail by Nixon) like people take control with the help of the CIA supported mob.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
As for Laurel Canyon, it was definitely a shitshow well into the 1980s.. and I have a real hard time seeing the spooks or spook allies successfully setting up shop there.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

elsagate was the work of a guy named ama amon who is, i'm told, well-known to the goth scene in portland

he's a pretty cool guy, despite what his encyclopedia dramatica entry says

encyclopedia dramatics was/is ran by feds

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

GWBBQ posted:

lmao i got a bachelors degree in political science and the dulles's names were never mentioned in any of my classes

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

“Elites” was probably not precise enough, as the distinction between the old-guard like the Rockefellers and the new guard like the Texas oil elite, and in fact their struggle for power shaped a lot of the course of our history.

Makes sense. John Birch society was started by a candy mogul along with several other b-tier oligarchs. Since WWII, you can kind of describe intelligence as “Gets more diffuse as smaller, dumber oligarchs want a piece of the action so they make their own intelligence outfits or coax others to go private.”

Flash forward to today where instead of the Bay of Pigs you get “PMC idiots get owned by some fishermen”

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the next level up from "domestic Gladio" is when you finish reading Doug Valentine's "The CIA as Organized Crime" and start going off about DOMESTIC PHOENIX! DOMESTIC PHOENIX! BRUCE LAWLOR! BOB KERREY! ROB SIMMONS!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I just posted about it briefly in the Latin America thread but is there a good read and some of the global knock on effects of the JFK assassination like with Sukarno in Indonesia?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Even less well remembered is one mission in the CIA's Phoenix Program in Vietnam in July of 1968. A team of CIA psychologists set up shop at Bien Hoa Prison outside Saigon, where NLF suspects were being held after Phoenix Program round-ups. The psychologists performed a variety of experiments on the prisoners. In one, three prisoners were anaesthetized; their skulls were opened and electrodes implanted by CIA doctors into different parts of their brains. The prisoners were revived, placed in a room with knives and the electrodes in the brains activated by the psychiatrists, who were covertly observing them. The hope was that they could be prompted in this manner to attack each other. The experiments failed. The electrodes were removed, the patients were shot and their bodies burned.

:staredog:

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Danger posted:

there’s so much of the Manson story ingrained as accepted narrative that is on its face ridiculous. it’s a great intro because “ well, where did a bunch of out of work hippies actually get all that acid” is a totally reasonable question that just sends you over Niagara in a barrel.
See also:

(click through to read the whole thing)

I didn't get around to finishing Chaos but this thread has reminded me that doing so would be worthwhile.

Modern day psychedelia is also shady AF in a lot of ways that don't get talked about much.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Although I've never seen a name attached to this horrible experiment, it either directly or indirectly comes from Jose Delgado, who invented wireless "stimoceiver" brain electrodes. At the apex of his work, he happily admitted that brain stimulation as he performed it could not so much control behaviour as just stimulate/inhibit aggression.

Delgado also wrote a book about a dream future of using wireless brain stimulation in all the poor inner city neighbourhoods to shock everyone into being "civilized". Of course, primarily funded by the Office of Naval Research.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

https://twitter.com/shootcivilians/status/1419980006571352085?s=21

https://twitter.com/shootcivilians/status/1420003479259684868?s=21

https://twitter.com/shootcivilians/status/1420182636501348354?s=21

”New Scientist” posted:

Most of the one million visitors who visit Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain every year believe they are looking at untouched 4,000-year-old remains. But virtually every stone was re-erected, straightened or embedded in concrete between 1901 and 1964, says a British doctoral student.

More drastic renovations were carried out in the 1920s. Under the direction of Colonel William Hawley, a member of the Stonehenge Society, six stones were moved and re-erected.”

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
what the gently caress

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lazy rear end stonehenge creators got nothing on the easter island head statue makers

here is the english heritage article from 2018 on the restoration https://blog.english-heritage.org.uk/excavation-restoration-stonehenge-1950s-60s/

Jose has issued a correction as of 13:38 on Jul 28, 2021

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
lol who is supposed to "control" stonehenge? like what's the conspiracy here? is this mudflood poo poo?

stonehenge has been thoroughly hosed with for all of its 5000 years, and has likely meant completely different things to different people through history and pre-history. we're just the latest

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Mola Yam posted:

stonehenge has been thoroughly hosed with for all of its 5000 years, and has likely meant completely different things to different people through history and pre-history. we're just the latest

i think the implication is that most people don't think what ur saying, I certainly didn't

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Mola Yam posted:

lol who is supposed to "control" stonehenge?

Silver Shamrock

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
right but it's not exactly a secret. like you can go back and look at photos of the various attempts at "reconstruction" from the 1870s onward, I think there's a plaque that covers it at the actual site iirc. which is why I said it smells like mudflood poo poo; ie people who seem to live in a world where pre-1900 is unknowable antiquity and books don't exist or are entirely fabricated.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Mola Yam posted:

right but it's not exactly a secret. like you can go back and look at photos of the various attempts at "reconstruction" from the 1870s onward, I think there's a plaque that covers it at the actual site iirc. which is why I said it smells like mudflood poo poo; ie people who seem to live in a world where pre-1900 is unknowable antiquity and books don't exist or are entirely fabricated.

lol that’s fair, though I’d say it’s probably overly presumptuous of the posters, and the opportunity to shape prehistory through contemporary reconstruction is worth recognizing, even though you already knew

e: tho ur right, it def seems overblown beyond just wanting it to be a bigger point of national pride

https://twitter.com/briochewindows/status/1420362834022748161?s=21

nut has issued a correction as of 14:24 on Jul 28, 2021

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mola Yam posted:

I have never heard the phrase "mudflood". By context I think I understand it, but could you explain?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

The Sausages posted:

Modern day psychedelia is also shady AF in a lot of ways that don't get talked about much.

also would love to hear more on this if possible!

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Mola Yam posted:

I think it's pretty obviously a jokey post, I took it that way w the phrase "Stonehenge pilled"

gh0stpinballa has issued a correction as of 15:13 on Jul 28, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
okay, to pump the brakes for a second, yes, "Stonehenge has been jerry-rigged to look the way it does" is at best a kind of cool bit of trivia that falls under "things they didn't teach you at school", and it doesn't have to imply any kind of deeper conspiracy

but this is the Epstein thread, and you can let your freak flag fly a little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah, it's always fun to broaden your understanding of things you've never really thought about much. i've never thought stonehenge was anything but how they found it and it had stood that way for thousands of years, but of course it has been maintained and preserved since being "rediscovered", and sometimes there are changes or agendas involved with that type of work