Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm ashamed to admit that I don't understand the criticism of AEW's Women's Roster. They're getting a solid ~8-10 minutes per show on a two hour program and most women on the roster are over as hell. I'm not being antagonistic but how much of the show should be women's wrestling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
2 matches out of 6 shouldn't be too hard.

There's a lot of hot men's angles though

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bigger problem is that unless it involves Britt, the women just don't get storylines on Dynamite. They'll get matches but there's rarely ever any plot

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DeathChicken posted:

Bigger problem is that unless it involves Britt, the women just don't get storylines on Dynamite. They'll get matches but there's rarely ever any plot

Statlander/Bunny, Bunny/Tay, Jade/Velvet, all in the last few months.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

mooseinfants posted:

2 matches out of 6 shouldn't be too hard.

There's a lot of hot men's angles though

yeah, it's not like Raw where I can easily identify bad matches or feuds that should just go away. I enjoy pretty much all of Dynamite, so it's hard to say what to cut for a women's match. They also have Rampage starting soon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They are slowly adding more. We're seeing more backstage segments with the women, promos, storylines, getting more involved with the overall show. Rampage will obviously help, but they seem to be taking a lot of care to do things slowly and not just put people out there in death spots. Can definitely understand it since some of their best pure babyfaces are still just hitting their stride. Last summer they started adding the talent, then the longer matches, then really forming the stars, and now we're seeing everyone doing a bit more.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

If anything, they could’ve swapped out Darby-Yuta for additional women’s segments, but otherwise id be hard pressed to swap anything out.

Hopefully Rosa and Britt both get matches at All Out, but I could also see he former in the Battle Royale instead (which I’m genuinely interested in seeing who they bring in for that, because there are only 17 women on the roster page that could plausibly be in that, and that doesn’t take into account whoever gets the title match and assumes Yuka’s excursion is longer than a month). If I were to guess non-roster, KiLynn King and Diamanté seem like near locks, plus maybe one or two other Dark regular’s from Daily’s and the joker (who I guess ends up being Ruby Soho).

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 28, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Statlander/Bunny, Bunny/Tay, Jade/Velvet, all in the last few months.

also diamante/swole

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRafTer posted:

but they seem to be taking a lot of care to do things slowly and not just put people out there in death spots.

This is AEW's approach to a lot of their booking. With the exception of the Nightmare Collective and maybe the Allie/Bunny transformations, AEW doesn't make abrupt changes. They try to organically move things in new directions if the current thing isn't working and pull the trigger on changes when they make sense.

I'd like to see more women's storylines too, but there are multiple acknowledged rivalries in the division now and that's definitely a step forward.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
Swole's ring gear looks cool from extreme close-ups but she looks like a jobber from any other angles. :(

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm hoping rampage gets some more momentum going for the women's division

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't understand the criticism of AEW's Women's Roster. They're getting a solid ~8-10 minutes per show on a two hour program and most women on the roster are over as hell. I'm not being antagonistic but how much of the show should be women's wrestling?

right after Britt won, it seemed like they did gently caress-all for a week or so. Rampage badly needs to showcase them more often because so many of them have improved over the pandemic, they need to strike while the iron is white-hot.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

This kinda popped into my head.

If you could have any 5 AEW wrestlers appear on a season of Taskmaster, who would it be?

Silver
Marko
Jericho
Nyla
Sonny

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Britt and Riho are demo goddesses but AEW didn't really have a lot to work with. The women's roster in AEW didn't have a Moxley or Jericho or Omega to work with.

If BBT could pull in someone like Kairi, Becky, or Rousey tho.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah I mean i wouldn't say that AEW isn't getting there w/ the women's division, and i think Rampage will be the turning point where everything starts to feel more cohesive and substantive for them, because it's going to be booked like an A-show, that extra hour divvied up right will be enough to get everything clicking

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah I mean i wouldn't say that AEW isn't getting there w/ the women's division, and i think Rampage will be the turning point where everything starts to feel more cohesive and substantive for them, because it's going to be booked like an A-show, that extra hour divvied up right will be enough to get everything clicking

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

RealFoxy posted:

Britt and Riho are demo goddesses but AEW didn't really have a lot to work with. The women's roster in AEW didn't have a Moxley or Jericho or Omega to work with.

If BBT could pull in someone like Kairi, Becky, or Rousey tho.

Rosa finally escaping NWA is also a positive development, she’s 100% a needle mover that can carry a feud that’s not title based.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Excited to see Rosa tomorrow

https://twitter.com/TheJuliaHart/status/1420191362553626626?s=19

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
RIP Julia

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

R 👏 I 👏 P 👏 👏👏 J 👏 U 👏 L 👏 I 👏 A 👏 !

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

RealFoxy posted:

The main problem is just that, since they only seem to be allowed to devote 10 minutes at most to the women any given week, the end result is that the only one that's super over gets 90% of the screentime. Rosa is the only other woman at this point whose been built even remotely as much, and she didn't even work at the company until last week.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Ryo Mizunami is currently hospitalized with covid

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
If Brandi comes back on screen they can have a women's program in the Codyverse block

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1420268353994768385

I can't believe Tony Khan paid off Simone Biles to withdraw right before Wednesday so that she wouldn't affect Dynamite's ratings.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hope everything is going ok with you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

beggar posted:

If Brandi comes back on screen

Please god no

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

This kinda popped into my head.

If you could have any 5 AEW wrestlers appear on a season of Taskmaster, who would it be?
Orange
Silver
Nyla
Bunny

... Chaos Project :colbert:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As long as it is the youtube thing "A shot with Brandi" is fine. There were a couple of hilarious ones. Ring return? Please no.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

If anything, they could’ve swapped out Darby-Yuta for additional women’s segments, but otherwise id be hard pressed to swap anything out.

What, and just have Sting and OC do their bit by the ringside of a Stat/undefined match?

Animale posted:

Swole's ring gear looks cool from extreme close-ups but she looks like a jobber from any other angles. :(

Stone Cold wrestled in all black trunks.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Guillermus posted:

As long as it is the youtube thing "A shot with Brandi" is fine. There were a couple of hilarious ones. Ring return? Please no.

Now that I know he trained as a chef, I'll accept nothing less than wholesale replacing the show with A Taste of Taz.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Now that I know he trained as a chef, I'll accept nothing less than wholesale replacing the show with A Taste of Taz.

A much better show even if only because of the name.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Eat dis if you can... Suhvive if I let you!"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Chefman Jones over here

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I would legit love Taz and guests cooking.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
the human souffle machine

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
How about Taz getting frustrated w/ Brandy as she makes, I guess, Duck a l'orange.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

little munchkin posted:

the human souffle machine

Lookit Gordon Solie over here

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I would legit love Taz and guests cooking.

Especially if he can get people like Babish or Brad Leone to guest on it and inevitably get choked out or Hookplexed.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Taz is great at cooking game fowl, of course, but rankles at the thought of having to work with chicken or turkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im excited for aew dynamite