Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
Yeah I guess the answer to "how could you?" is that he was raised by an extreme bigot in a culture where that was seen as acceptable. I don't think that means that he was owed the benefit of the doubt or forgiveness, but apparently despite them being so close neither of them realized he had genocidal tendencies. I do wonder if Siggy actually withheld that info or of it just never came up. Like did he change his opinion on that being okay? Or did he just think getting too radical would scare them off?

I don't believe any of this gets elaborated on. But the vision does really leave one to wonder what happened between that and adulthood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah even in historically super racist cultures you don't have a lot of examples of teenagers doing mass murders on their own as like, birthday presents. Even accepting he's like nobility. Lynchings were a community affair. Everyone was complicit.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I wonder whether Necro-Plant Lady is ever going to get tied into the main plot, or if she actually exists entirely for the purpose of stalling it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The whole reason she even exists is because Mookie had writer’s block, so you do the math

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I should have said "or will she remain entirely a distraction from it".

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Mookie did give her a plot purpose, Daxethar or whatever said her weird necro nature might interface in a weird and possibly destructive way with Maltak. I have zero expectation of that being delivered upon in any satisfying way, but it's there.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Ah, yes, that would be a convenient reason they have to leave and find another place to do their research.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

DamnitGannet posted:

maybe i missed it, but how do all of the werewolves know about jayden cheating on milov? did milov learn about it and then immediately tell everyone?

also wow, what more can i say about this chapter that hasnt already been said? i assumed that royal knights all have blood on their hands anyway, and siggy was openly racist so i don't know why a lynching is what finally turned everyone against him. also, not to devils advocate fictional child murder, but that was like.. when he was a kid, right? no benefit of the doubt for their friend? like maybe something about how being raised by a psychopath can result in some hosed up scenarios to win approval? everyone is okay with stonewater raping melna but killing a kid about the same age is too far??

Yeah, putting Stonewater and Siggy's stories side by side it's really strange how Mookie justifies those extreme reactions. Both committed a horrible crime as a young man. Both their crimes can be, definitely not excused but at least a bit explained by the horrible culture surrounding them. Both feel sorry for their crimes years later. But Stonewater's actions are retroactively justified, everybody immediately accepts that there was no other thing he could have done and the only way anybody could ever think Stonewater was anything less than a hero is demonic possession. Most memorable in light of the current story is Dejah saying that it's good news that not all people who have committed sins go to hell, because that means Szark and Stonewater can still be saved and Dominic immediately getting mad at the implication that the two are not already good people. Siggy on the other hand goes to hell and is immediately hated forever by his former friends once the truth is revealed. As a first reaction this is at least more realistic than what happened with Stonewater, but it doesn't look as if this is ever going to change.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Yeah, putting Stonewater and Siggy's stories side by side it's really strange how Mookie justifies those extreme reactions. Both committed a horrible crime as a young man. Both their crimes can be, definitely not excused but at least a bit explained by the horrible culture surrounding them. Both feel sorry for their crimes years later. But Stonewater's actions are retroactively justified, everybody immediately accepts that there was no other thing he could have done and the only way anybody could ever think Stonewater was anything less than a hero is demonic possession. Most memorable in light of the current story is Dejah saying that it's good news that not all people who have committed sins go to hell, because that means Szark and Stonewater can still be saved and Dominic immediately getting mad at the implication that the two are not already good people. Siggy on the other hand goes to hell and is immediately hated forever by his former friends once the truth is revealed. As a first reaction this is at least more realistic than what happened with Stonewater, but it doesn't look as if this is ever going to change.

You are overthinking it. It's literally just Siggy was evil on the D&D alignment chart and Stonewater was good. Therefore Siggy must be punished and vanquished and Stonewater must be forgiven. Context of their actions doesn't matter.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Ugh I just remembered that some of the other popular non-Deegan or non-honorary Deegan characters get the Siggy character assassination treatment in the future

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Roman Reigns posted:

Ugh I just remembered that some of the other popular non-Deegan or non-honorary Deegan characters get the Siggy character assassination treatment in the future

The WILD EDGE tour guides?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

The WILD EDGE tour guides?

Remind me what the hell that is

Was more thinking about sheriff football player

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Roman Reigns posted:

Remind me what the hell that is

Was more thinking about sheriff football player

Lol Dex? mookie turned on him too?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Facebath.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

I hate that I remember that name

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Stop being so clothes minded.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Lol Dex? mookie turned on him too?

Wife beater. Also I think his wife is a stripper/prostitute for added misogyny

And yeah, Facebath.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Roman Reigns posted:

Wife beater. Also I think his wife is a stripper/prostitute for added misogyny

And yeah, Facebath.

lmfao mookie what the gently caress

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

What Mookie promised: There may even be loving, consensual sex scenes if the story calls for them.

What we got: Snout snuggling with his undead abuser, her hand lightly brushing his limp penis.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 28, 2021

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
We must show each instance of the characters napping

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

chesT hair

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The most baffling thing to me is, why is Ink Witch's relationship with Snout suddenly on hold for this? It kind of feels like Mookie just took their dynamic and copy/pasted it onto Corpsemommy. If there's some kind of love triangle there, show it. If they're ok with it and are forming a polycule, show it. Instead things just happen with no rhyme, reason, or consequences. Ink Witch continues to look at Snout with bedroom eyes and hold his hand, but then he's just naked in bed with Corpsemom. What exactly am I supposed to take from that?

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 28, 2021

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
This comic is absolutely dedicated to showing the reader every time a Snout eats or sleeps even if nothing eventful happens during it.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What Mookie promised: There may even be loving, consensual sex scenes if the story calls for them.

What we got: Snout snuggling with his undead abuser, her hand lightly brushing his limp penis.

Oh yes, I, too, sleep contorted so that both my rear end and tits point towards the ceiling and any unseen voyeurs.

God, that looks uncomfortable.

Also, while I'm here, I'm eternally unclear on what corpsemommy's skin... texture... is meant to convey.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

RoboRodent posted:

Also, while I'm here, I'm eternally unclear on what corpsemommy's skin... texture... is meant to convey.

Scars, from the "necromantic vines".

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This comic is gross.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Scars, from the "necromantic vines".

Well, it looks like tree bark or something.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
I can't help but to read the sequence of events here as, 'She tries to get him to help her pick out a name, but he yawns and can't be bothered, but he's such a good boy that they cuddle naked anyways.'

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

He was going to name her but Mookie read the post someone made about it happening next and decided to delay that because otherwise we'd be right, again.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

His chest hair is a T and she's destroying his dick with her hand and knee. A rhyme so good it could be in one of those library books about J. Deegan or whatever. I don't think I like this comic very much.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
There once was a man from Lynn's Brook

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That's also presumably another "Spiral Gate" opening. According to the infodump from the rear end in a top hat orc...I forget his name, the one with the mirror universe Spock beard who made Snout cry...when they came to Maltak through the last "Spiral Gate" they got knocked off course or something by Corpsewife's "aberrant mind". That looked like several days of someone trying to draw the cover of Axis: Bold as Love from memory, so I guess look forward to a couple days of that.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The bed in that panel is doing my nut in...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Seeing that in thumbnail first it genuinely looked like she was jerking him off and he cums ink

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
everyone in this comic has a perfectly flat pancake rear end

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I hate mookie using that splotchy inky brush for ALL plants as well as the ink effects, I didnt even know the necromantic vines were supposed to look like plants at first, and in that image. I wish he'd just draw on leaves or flowers at least for closeups or not always use pitch black

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Why is the spiral of crap emerging from a random point in the mattress between the two of them? Why is only the left half of the blanket drawn so it looks like they're hovering in the air 2 feet over to the right of where the bed actually is?

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Riot Bus posted:

This comic is absolutely dedicated to showing the reader every time a Snout eats or sleeps even if nothing eventful happens during it.
Could be worse. As far as I can remember, we haven't had to watch him use the toilet.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Good lord, does the "loyalty" thing with the werewolves suck rear end. Mookie came up with an idea for his imaginary race's culture but was too lazy to think the details through. Why is it so important that it became the cornerstone of their culture? Does it matter who or what you are loyal to? Who the gently caress knows, it's pretty much just a buzzword to push the plot along.

If Mookie wanted us to like Milov, then having the supposedly-progressive guy be the one to blow up the church to appease and fall back in line with the conservatives sure is something. If Mookie had any understanding of writing themes or characterization, then Milov could've been torn between being loyal to his people's traditions or loyal with his ideals. Maybe have the ordeal with Siggy give Milov the confidence to say gently caress you to the conservatives and protect the church because he's being loyal to his ideals. Or maybe he could find some clever third solution. There's a very low bar in coming up with satisfying story beats and Mookie fails it every time.

As an aside, I loving hate how Katya stopped mattering to the plot as soon as Mookie reveals that she has a mental disability.

GreenMetalSun posted:

I can't help but to read the sequence of events here as, 'She tries to get him to help her pick out a name, but he yawns and can't be bothered, but he's such a good boy that they cuddle naked anyways.'

Agreed. I guess the Watsonian reading is that they took a long time looking at various names and got too tired to continue. But we've seen how little Snout gives a poo poo about Corpsemomwife, like when he never asked for her well-being right after she got cured. It's way easier to believe that he couldn't be assed to help her out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
It's a small thing, but Snout's elbow spikes really bother me.

Also, I keep wanting to call Snout "Mookie." Not only because of the self-insert aspect, but because he looks like a "Mookie," if that makes any sense.

ScienceSeagull fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 28, 2021