Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
So at the end of last wipe, bsg put out the stats regarding the percentage of bears vs usec, and it was like 2/3rds of players were usec.

I swear on aus servers its flipped this wipe, I'm still stuck on friend from the west part one after like 25 pmc kills since unlocking the quest. At this rate I'll have punisher part 5 half done before finishing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

what are these tech spawns?

https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Technical_supply_crate

These crates. They don't look like they would be lootable if you didn't know they were

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
What's going on when syncing with players goes hella slow? Someone's slow computer loading?

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Tarky on a mechanical HDD will do that, yes.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Copper For Lyfe posted:

So at the end of last wipe, bsg put out the stats regarding the percentage of bears vs usec, and it was like 2/3rds of players were usec.

I swear on aus servers its flipped this wipe, I'm still stuck on friend from the west part one after like 25 pmc kills since unlocking the quest. At this rate I'll have punisher part 5 half done before finishing it

Euro here, I couldn't finish this quest last wipe before I disabled all servers east of Germany because there were just no USECs.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Is RB-ST worth looting? I bought the key for the quests and the wiki mentions a bunch of high-end loot spawns, but I don't think i've ever found more than a vog and an AK in there.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Is RB-ST worth looting? I bought the key for the quests and the wiki mentions a bunch of high-end loot spawns, but I don't think i've ever found more than a vog and an AK in there.

What the hell man, that's like one of the most profitable loot location on Reserve :psyduck: Definately keep it.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

:siren: GOONS ONLY :siren:

I'm gonna let you guys in on my secret high yield rat hole on Customs, but we gotta keep it between us. I haven't seen this posted anywhere else and believe me I've looked. When I've killed TTVs, I'll hop on their stream afterwards and they have had zero clue about where they got shot from. I only found it because the 15 pmc shotgun kill quest forced me to, but since that's done I've decided to share.

Levels adjusted so it's a little easier to see. Starting with the long ground level weapon crate, hop onto the tech crate, then on top of the scale, then up onto the shelves. Stand in the corner above the door and people will always waltz right past you, letting you click on their heads at your leisure after they start looting. You're also almost always out of nade range up there, which I know because if you kill one member of a party they will often nade the poo poo out of the room before bursting in to clear it.

Sometimes it takes a while but the room is usually looted by PMCs at some point within the first 20 minutes. Tab out and listen for footsteps.

If you tell your friends it won't take long for the spot to be ruined!

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

It’s a nice key to find or sell but I’m not sure if buying expensive keys are worth it typically for loot

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

rap music posted:

I'm gonna let you guys in on my secret high yield rat hole on Customs, but we gotta keep it between us. I haven't seen this posted anywhere else and believe me I've looked. When I've killed TTVs, I'll hop on their stream afterwards and they have had zero clue about where they got shot from. I only found it because the 15 pmc shotgun kill quest forced me to, but since that's done I've decided to share.

Levels adjusted so it's a little easier to see. Starting with the long ground level weapon crate, hop onto the tech crate, then on top of the scale, then up onto the shelves. Stand in the corner above the door and people will always waltz right past you, letting you click on their heads at your leisure after they start looting. You're also almost always out of nade range up there, which I know because if you kill one member of a party they will often nade the poo poo out of the room before bursting in to clear it.

Sometimes it takes a while but the room is usually looted by PMCs at some point within the first 20 minutes. Tab out and listen for footsteps.

this rules, can't wait to try it. i'll keep it in this thread

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

hello internet posted:

It’s a nice key to find or sell but I’m not sure if buying expensive keys are worth it typically for loot

Depends. Key with blue tape is def worth it for LedEx. It is almost never open when i go there. Dorm's marked room is too competative for me to to get out alive consistantly. The red keycard spawn rooms are not worth it unless you want to do weeks of runs or happen to do well at roulette.

There's supposed to be two AESA and two mil battery spawns in RB-ST but i've been there four times and found literally no loose loot three times and think i found a pack of BT once. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but i feel like those two items should be hard to miss because of their size.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

Did you get any reaction clips? Did they think you were cheating?

Reminds me of random counterstrike spots

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

poe meater posted:

Nah of the couple I saw they were convinced I was hiding by the stove

I actually just killed a guy that walked in and went to hide in the stove corner lol

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

rap music posted:

Finally, a strategy that matches my skill level.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

rap music posted:

For what it's worth, yes this is obviously an insane spot but I've been checking that spot every time I enter that room for months ever since I saw a streamer get popped by someone sitting up there. So it's known by at least a few people, including dumb and bad players like me.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

rap music posted:

I hit this spot in a scav run, didn't find anyone, so started heading to my extract, instead saw a 3 man running by sniper checkpoint, a fellow player scav was near me, I yelled at him, we pushed the 3 man and got at least one kill and I got a team wendy off him

So while the spot wasn't rat worthy, it pivoted to a chad run lol

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

rap music posted:

THIS is a loving rat move. Nice job.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

poe meater posted:

here's one lol

https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingTenaciousPicklesBCWarrior-t9VeIGS8LutPnpUj

e: and another of me getting caught

https://clips.twitch.tv/CourageousOriginalMilkDatSheffy-qBTn7LtKGZUdBjix

rap music fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 29, 2021

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
loving lol, nice shot by that guy

That was a funny console keyboard mash

That's a deep rear end angle

poe meater fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 29, 2021

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1420694247703990277

New pointless event increasing dehydration and water related prices

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

While the execution of these events hasn't been top notch all around, I like the concept of adding variety via time limited events.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
I'd like to see an event where traders buy high end ammo at inflated prices. There is already so much M61 and 7.62BP flying around.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

So that's why I got very dehydrated fast. Shame I didn't play a ton the first few weeks to get metabolism up...

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

hello internet posted:

New pointless event increasing dehydration and water related prices

ohhh that explains a lot lol

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

yeah what the gently caress is the point of this other than to be deliberately obnoxious

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

rap music posted:

yeah what the gently caress is the point of this other than to be deliberately obnoxious

Welcome to Tarkov!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

rap music posted:

if you saw this completely unforecasted and not hinted at event coming i guess you could have made a shitton of money selling water?

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

rap music posted:

Changes poo poo up and forces people to prep for raids differently or change up their goals in raid ("get in get out" vs. "sit on rear end and wait for sniper shots" or "wait and rat"). Also it drives pushing players to food heavy locations which is going to affect play.

I can't imagine I'm alone in finding tarkov a fun game to play partly because of how it incorporates various survival elements into the gameplay.

sinburger fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 29, 2021

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

as someone who has been stockpiling water :yeshaha:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

sinburger posted:

Changes poo poo up and forces people to prep for raids differently or change up their goals in raid ("get in get out" vs. "sit on rear end and wait for sniper shots" or "wait and rat"). Also it drives pushing players to food heavy locations which is going to affect play.

I can't imagine I'm alone in finding tarkov a fun game to play partly because of how it incorporates various survival elements into the gameplay.

I think you're right about "get in and get out," because almost all loot outside of keyed rooms and quest items seems to be going untouched by PMCs

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

tokenbrownguy posted:

as someone who has been stockpiling water :yeshaha:

Yeah same. I've been leveling up metabolism super fast. Trying to drink those NRG drinks for immunity skill too

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

pretty wild how often i hear rounds shredding the other side of the wall I'm standing next to on reserve

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

sinburger posted:

I was thinking that the end of last wipe, with the news and new event every day, was basically a week of tests for how this wipe will go. Always something happening in Tarkov.
I hope we get more, this seems fun.

EDIT: Also funny how it directly counters the "camp on shelf" strat someone posted yesterday :v:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

rap music posted:

pretty wild how often i hear rounds shredding the other side of the wall I'm standing next to on reserve
reserve and resort on shoreline are the two places I most often have people sprinting towards the location that I'm hiding at(crouched in a corner in a spot with no loot, not making any sound and waiting for people to leave) and throwing grenades at my hiding spot. these gamers must have really good intuition

Kikas posted:

EDIT: Also funny how it directly counters the "camp on shelf" strat someone posted yesterday :v:
you just put an aquamari in your secure container

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I can’t think of any reason for this “event” other than testing permanent changes to hydration mechanics

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

They should have an event where counterfeit AP ammo makes its way into Tarkov and there is a random chance that the AP ammo you find is on par with the starter ammos and there is no way of telling if its good or not.

Really gently caress with people. Let chaos reign.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

hello internet posted:

I can’t think of any reason for this “event” other than testing permanent changes to hydration mechanics

Yeah seems likely.

Maybe they have some internal metrics that people were hoarding drinks and never using them so they're tweaking dehydration to make more use of the items?

I have like two Pilgrim backpacks completely full of water/kvass/aquamari so far this wipe and I've never actually needed any of them in raid until yesterday.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
The vanilla dehydration/hunger rate does feel a little pointless tbh. I rarely get to zero if i start a raid at 100 and if i can just top up in the menu why bother having food and drink in the game.

It only really becomes a factor if your abdomen gets blacked out.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
If they start playing around with ambient heat as a mechanic, it should also affect your choice of clothing and amount of gear you can wear without penalties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I love quenching my thirst on a hot day with a carton of milk I found on a barrel in the woods