Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Stroker Ace posted:

Well I for one am wearing a drat mask tonight.

I'm going to see a movie tomorrow night and am going to be wearing a mask the whole time. I don't know if it's rational or not but I am hella scared of these variants even though I'm fully vaxxed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Yaya posted:

It's loving Wednesday MDK gang RIP Nate Hatred RIP Justice Pain

And you know what it is….

it’s MDK ALL loving DAY, my dudes

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm going to see a movie tomorrow night and am going to be wearing a mask the whole time. I don't know if it's rational or not but I am hella scared of these variants even though I'm fully vaxxed.

This is exactly how I feel. I’m still nervous about it but I’m trying to find a balance of fear and living.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Yaya posted:

It's loving Wednesday MDK gang RIP Nate Hatred RIP Justice Pain

I know it is an absolute pipe dream, but they should bring in Emil Jay or J-Rose to do the intro.

(for as packed as the show is, they do not have time, nor do they likely have the inclination. Just please don't let Justin Roberts do it.)

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

flashy_mcflash posted:

That's what I did when I saw Black Widow and it was totally fine (it helps that I don't get snacks or drinks at movies) and it's sure as poo poo what I'll be doing in September at Dynamite and Rampage.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
aww, i didn't know Nate Hatred had passed as well, :rip:

flashy_mcflash posted:

i'll be wearing one wherever i go for the foreseeable future and am vaxxed as well, i hardly notice it when it's on and it makes sense to me?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

Oh no not a "you people" promo

I'd argue that going from no audience to full audience is the only appropriate time to do a "you people" promo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://nypost.com/2021/07/28/aew-tony-khans-response-to-cm-punk-daniel-bryan-rumors/

Good interview, some interesting stuff here. Nick Gage seems like Tony's idea and he basically confirms Bryan and Punk by refusing to comment.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
please tell me punk still has that mustache

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Pylons posted:

https://nypost.com/2021/07/28/aew-tony-khans-response-to-cm-punk-daniel-bryan-rumors/

Good interview, some interesting stuff here. Nick Gage seems like Tony's idea and he basically confirms Bryan and Punk by refusing to comment.

I am happy to read about Sting being happy and excited and contributing ideas to his interactions with Orange. Wrestlers being enthusiastic about what they do is pleasant to see.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

explosivo posted:

I saw bix RT a story yesterday talking about AEW people internally discussing the possibility of pausing shows sooner than later, I have no idea if it's true or not but there don't necessarily have to be lockdowns for them to decide to stop doing shows again if they deem it a safety concern.

E:
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1420196970786967554

The Jacksonville Homecoming event has been renamed Homestaying.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TV Zombie posted:

I am happy to read about Sting being happy and excited and contributing ideas to his interactions with Orange. Wrestlers being enthusiastic about what they do is pleasant to see.

Yeah I was talking to a friend about this yesterday, it's really nice seeing all these wrestlers having fun what they do and getting rewarded for it. I still keep waiting for the curtain to fall and actually it's horrible and everyone's miserable and hates each other but other than Ivellise who actually just sucks nobody has said anything of the sort.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
we all know that the evps can't stand each other

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

TV Zombie posted:

Imagine a wrestling company people actually like to work at, instead of being one that treats everyone like absolute dogshit and they just kinda roll over and take it cause they've decided there's literally no other options.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Pylons posted:

quote:

Q: Was it Andrade’s idea to make the Guerrero connection or is that something you guys put in once he got there?

A: It was his idea to make the connection with the Guerreros and he had asked about using Vickie. It was my idea to bring in Chavo. I thought Chavo would really add something. I’d seen Chavo recently on an independent show. He was in great shape and we had talked about associating because Andrade El Idolo comes from a very famous wrestling family.

He wanted to be associated with that (the Guerreros) and Vickie was here. As we went on I wanted to add something to the presentation and I couldn’t put my finger on what, and then I saw Chavo on an independent show and I just had a light bulb moment.

Once again Tony fixed the bad decision.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

blunt posted:

Once again Tony fixed the bad decision.

The first time a problem has been fixed by adding Chavo.

Edit: More importantly, who came up with Tablet Guy?

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 28, 2021

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Drakkel posted:

Imagine a wrestling company people actually like to work at, instead of being one that treats everyone like absolute dogshit and they just kinda roll over and take it cause they've decided there's literally no other options.

I think the Sammy vlog is the best evidence that everyone just enjoys being there

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, I need the Tablet Guy lore.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Imagine a wrestling company run by a guy who actually likes wrestling and watches wrestling besides the stuff he personally writes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1420399161883512846?s=20

tony no, please keep doing what you're doing, DQ/Countouts should be used like once a year

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Pylons posted:

Yeah, I need the Tablet Guy lore.

The LORE OF TABLET GUY

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The problem with dqs and count outs is that wwe uses them all the time and most are dumb poo poo

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

The problem with dqs and count outs is that wwe uses them all the time and most are dumb poo poo

Yeah, on paper there's nothing wrong with having DQ's and Count-Outs if they make sense for the story that's being told. The problem is that WWE uses them CONSTANTLY as a cop-out to set up a rematch for next week because every single show is the same loving thing over and over and over again. On top of that, WWE will do a show that has 8 matches and 6 of them end in a DQ/CO because they're weird obsession with getting HEAT at all times means there can never, ever, EVER be a clean finish to anything.

AEW hasn't shown any signs of wanting to be like that, so it's not really a worry at this juncture.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It does get pretty egregious in AEW sometimes, like that time Orange Cassidy got orange juice thrown in his face, was laying unconscious in a giant puddle and somehow the ref didn't notice

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There's nothing wrong with someone getting their rear end beat so badly they can't get back into the ring

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Drakkel posted:

Imagine a wrestling company run by a guy who actually likes wrestling and watches wrestling besides the stuff he personally writes.
I loved listening to TK on Jericho's podcast. Dude was a legit die-hard wrestling fan growing up and it shows in the product.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

It does get pretty egregious in AEW sometimes, like that time Orange Cassidy got orange juice thrown in his face, was laying unconscious in a giant puddle and somehow the ref didn't notice

maybe in the time the ref was distracted oc pulled out a big bottle of tropicana, chugged it really fast, got a tummy ache and threw it back up and passed out, how could they possibly know

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

DLC Inc posted:

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1420399161883512846?s=20

tony no, please keep doing what you're doing, DQ/Countouts should be used like once a year

Or if you're going to start doing Countouts get someone on the mic like New Japan.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

explosivo posted:

Yeah I was talking to a friend about this yesterday, it's really nice seeing all these wrestlers having fun what they do and getting rewarded for it. I still keep waiting for the curtain to fall and actually it's horrible and everyone's miserable and hates each other but other than Ivellise who actually just sucks nobody has said anything of the sort.

I am pessimisticly waiting for future releases to say something bad but there hasn’t been anything said and not many releases made.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Fuego Del Sol is going to do a Reddit AMA, and I thought this was interesting:

quote:

In the interest of fairness (even though personally I think he's signed) I do want to bring up two things.

#1) Fuego and us got in contact last tuesday, before the Wednesday taping

and probably most important

#2) For Contracted AEW and WWE people we have to go through their PR people usually. We've actually had an AEW person in the past scheduled for an AMA that got canceled like one day before the announcement because they got signed and the pr thing wanted it now to go through them. Now that was within the first year of stuff so things might have changed but idk.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I want a DQ / count out finish just to indicate that it’s possible. Same reason I want them to do at least one overrun. As long as it’s been done once I am more likely to bite.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Someone on twitter dug this up. My how the turn tables...
https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/564241150547329025

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fuego has been All Elite since early pandemic and they've been hiding it from us.

They wanted him to hype people through Sammy's Vlog.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I think the only person to ever be DQed in AEW was Pac during the Iron Man match with Kenny

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Kunabomber posted:

we all know that the evps can't stand each other

"I do not like Kenny Omega"

- Cody Rhodes, 2019

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tommy End talkin about how he's been brainstorming stuff with Jake the Snake. Can't think of a better guy to ask for advice from, especially if Malakai Black can deliver anything even half as good as the "wallow in the muck of avarice" promo https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1246383-malakai-black-on-aew-creative-well-figure-it-out

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

DeathChicken posted:

I think the only person to ever be DQed in AEW was Pac during the Iron Man match with Kenny

Cutler and Avalon had a double-DQ finish leading up to their big Dark match.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
And Cutler was counted out earlier in his losing streak against Nakazawa. That's Dark for you.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mr. Squishy posted:

And Cutler was counted out earlier in his losing streak against Nakazawa. That's Dark for you.

If we're counting the women's title tournament, Aja Kong lost by countout. Clever finish, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

New Deeb shirt dropped, hope this is an indicator she’s going to be a factor on the show this week (tails end of the Julia/Rosa segment?).

Only registered members can see post attachments!