Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

G1-1 YES HE SAID THE THING HE DID THE POINT IT'S ACE ATTORNEY I'M BACK HOME

AAAH THE OTHER THING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the aesthetic of this game kicks rear end

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I like that the transition between poses in this game is smooth. It looks really nice.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
1-1 general I like how Naruhodo's desk slams starts off like baby slaps while he's uneasy but commands attention once his confidence rises

1-1 ending Oh goddamn it not more diplomatic immunity poo poo

1-2 start Getting Maya'd two cases in a row, Ryu's luck sucks

Level Seven fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 27, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is a long case.

E: HELL YEAH THE PURSUIT

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Man I sure got hung up on a red herring in the first case that drat water glass in the purse, I figured the glass was poisoned and not the bottle

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dogen posted:

Man I sure got hung up on a red herring in the first case that drat water glass in the purse, I figured the glass was poisoned and not the bottle

Saaaaaaame

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/aceattorneygame/status/1420112904649543681?s=20

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That fish and chips look quite delicious and now i am hungry.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I adore how these anime intros look.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Playing this, only did the original trilogy before and like 2 cases of investigations (which i need to get back to so i can play 2)
I love these 3d animations, they look great and have a ton of life. The soundtrack has been topnotch already too.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
For people who are buying physical, make sure to redeem your codes for the preorder bonus sooner rather than later. They expire really soon!!!

Just under 800 years from now, on 12/31/2799

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Random thought that struck me early on 2nd portion of trial 1:
If our hero doesn't know his student badge number, there is a chance it's actually not his, so presenting it would matter.
Not that I can think of when they would have gotten switched

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Finished the first case and loving the story and characters so far. A 100% original setting and cast is cool for a long running series like this.

Crazy to have 10 new cases to play after half a decade of waiting.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

When Ryunosuke finally does his first desk slam I cackled. :)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

1-2: Man, what a weird one that was!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Holy poo poo the Dance of Deduction

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
am i the only one who thinks the DGS1 suspense theme is a fuckin jam?? i didn’t expect that song to be as good as it is

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Finished the first case, love that it jump ins and immediately plays around with stuff like with the English. The shut up interjection was great
Strong start.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Man G1-1 is long for an intro case

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The torturous logic makes me happy, I've missed having new AA games.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Carlosologist posted:

Man G1-1 is long for an intro case

Every time I think the case is solved a new wrench is thrown into the works :newlol:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I've done two Dances of Deduction now and I like the mechanic, but will I ever get to "free roam" the logic chain to find the error? It'd be a lot more compelling if I had to find out which of Herlock's statements is wrong, instead of being told by the game that it's wrong and just being asked to find out why.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

wocobob posted:

am i the only one who thinks the DGS1 suspense theme is a fuckin jam?? i didn’t expect that song to be as good as it is

DGS/GAA might have one of the, if not the best, OSTs in the entire series. There's one court theme I'm particularly fond of, introduced in Episode 3 (very mild spoilers)Closing Argument is an absolute banger. And just in general Episode 3 introduces a bunch of new themes and they're all great

I ended up watching playthroughs of both games on YT last year since I was convinced Capcom would never translate it. Really happy I was wrong about that, and I'm looking forward to everyone's posts as they go through the games

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Oh man the first case is so silly in so many ways. Could they not have confirmed that the professor’s gun wasn’t missing a bullet?

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 28, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Argue posted:

I've done two Dances of Deduction now and I like the mechanic, but will I ever get to "free roam" the logic chain to find the error? It'd be a lot more compelling if I had to find out which of Herlock's statements is wrong, instead of being told by the game that it's wrong and just being asked to find out why.

Not in the first game if I recall correctly, can't speak for the second. Keep in mind that my interpretation of the mechanic is that Sherlock* is loving up his deductions deliberately to train Ryunosuke so I'm holding hope for a dance where Sherlock is actually stumped and it's a proper collaborative effort instead of just a wonderfully cute vignette.

*I understand why it's a thing and it's not the game's fault but I refuse to call him Herlock

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

ZeeBoi posted:

Oh man the first case is so silly in so many ways.

Can't believe Brett destroying evidence is dealt with so casually.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Argue posted:

as far as i know, no. every point is always wrong and you always replace them in order.

however, in some cases by the time you get to later parts of the deduction it'll have completely changed because you're on a different train of thought entirely

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Just finished case 2, and maybe this will be addressed later but there seems to be a pretty major plot hole--the murder was an unexpected and spur of the moment incident, but to do the locked room trick, everyone would have had to have been drugged hours before it happened. Although the Shanghai connection has not escaped me; maybe we find out later that it has something to do with that.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

i think you just misunderstood. the drugging was to allow the ship to pick up nikolina without anyone being the wiser, it was entirely coincidental that a murder also happened on the night everyone was drugged.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I just checked out the special content and noticed that the "voice recitals" section has readings of several lines that have already happened in the two cases I've done... did I miss some kind of option to enable voice acting? Because those lines were not voiced when they happened ingame.

Morphogenic96
Oct 30, 2013

Just finished 1-2 and these deduction segments are just incredibly stylish. Also for some reason I kinda expected Herlock to be a bumbling fool but he's actually got a talent in ploys and reading people and is just generally charismatic and complements well with Naruhodo providing the logic.

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Dogen posted:

Yeah me too haha, I was waiting and waiting for the opportunity. The actual payoff was great though and exactly what I love about these games.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Dances of Deduction are super cool, but I can’t help but giggle at Wright and Gumshoe doing one

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What the gently caress

derra
Dec 29, 2012
I get the sense that Sholmes knows, if not exactly what is going on, what is critical, and he's guiding you to work through it yourself.

A better Layton, essentially.

He also loves this poo poo.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

derra posted:

I get the sense that Sholmes knows, if not exactly what is going on, what is critical, and he's guiding you to work through it yourself.

A better Layton, essentially.

He also loves this poo poo.

He's both annoying and great. I hated him until the first deduction dance and then I was like, oh. I get it!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mark out every time I move the camera to reveal Sholmes doing some weird bullshit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Herlock definitely feels like Takumi was inspired by working on Layton Vs and gave him the old AA twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
It wasn't remotely an equal pair-up as well, I'm fairly sure Layton had the entire case solved the instant he had a glance at the area, he was just enjoying stringing poor clueless Phoenix along.