Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

GTO posted:

Little nugget at the bottom, there's a new collection filter, 'refund' that will show all fully dust refundable cards.

On that point, other than keywords and card text does anyone know the other filters? I know there's 'duplicate' or 'extra’ (can't remember which) and feel like there are a few other useful ones I've forgotten.

Oh nice, I've been wanting that functionality for a while.

Also, the collection search terms:
https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Collection_manager#Keywords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

GTO posted:

Little nugget at the bottom, there's a new collection filter, 'refund' that will show all fully dust refundable cards.

On that point, other than keywords and card text does anyone know the other filters? I know there's 'duplicate' or 'extra’ (can't remember which) and feel like there are a few other useful ones I've forgotten.

Missing is the one I like to use to see how I’m doing with accumulating rares/epics

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

mcbexx posted:

Maybe worth mentioning, watching Hearthstone streams for 2/4 hours will also give you 1/2 UiS packs, you will need to claim the first reward to start the clock on the second one).

Ends in ~7 hours.

Edit: Just noticed that they already removed the XP rewards for the Barrens achievements despite UiS not having released yet. Bug?

It's watch 2 hours for 1 pack, then watch 4 hours for the second pack. So you've got to watch 6 hours, and hope it all counts with streams dropping out etc. Basically impossible to get both packs with no prior communication on it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Also: I feel like I'm only interested in the Mage and Shaman stuff. Fire spell mage could be fun. Shaman overload too. I'll see what I pull and try and figure out what to do, but otherwise I'm not too fussed about the archetypes being pushed, especially knowing I won't have the epics or legendaries required for them to really work.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Amoeba102 posted:

It's watch 2 hours for 1 pack, then watch 4 hours for the second pack. So you've got to watch 6 hours, and hope it all counts with streams dropping out etc. Basically impossible to get both packs with no prior communication on it.

Yeah, just realized that it's 2+4 hours lol.
Asia and Europe can just get hosed, I guess.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ah yes, UiS quests are now in the pool. If only I had tradeable cards to play right now.
To reroll a 1K or to hold it a week. I'll probably hold, but w/e.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Just noticed that Elwynn Boar is the free golden Epic on the reward track. Kinda good and bad since if I don't open it on release it feels like I'm going to wait to unlock the free versions.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
nvm

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

New thread title

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Amoeba102 posted:

Ah yes, UiS quests are now in the pool. If only I had tradeable cards to play right now.
To reroll a 1K or to hold it a week. I'll probably hold, but w/e.

New cards are in Duels buckets (but not Arena) if you want to really grind it out. Also transfer student gets Tradable on the new board

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

big activision-blizzard employee walkout today. some player supporters of the employees are calling on fellow players to not cross the picket line and to donate to women's charities

https://twitter.com/canyoupetthedog/status/1420457558406533124

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Nobody play hearthstone today. Nobody even post about it. I’m warning you

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

We're sad to inform you that goofy David Kosak may have been one of the bad apples.

https://kotaku.com/inside-blizzard-developers-infamous-bill-cosby-suite-1847378762

quote:

Another image from the same Facebook album shows a screenshot of a 2013 group chat called the “Blizzcon Cosby Crew.” In it, former Blizzard designer David Kosak writes, “I am gathering the hot chixx for the Coz.”

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 28, 2021

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

mcbexx posted:

We're sad to inform you that goofy David Kosak may have been one of the bad apples.

https://kotaku.com/inside-blizzard-developers-infamous-bill-cosby-suite-1847378762

Noooo! Can't trust anybody I guess.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

A bunch of dogs. Who is David Kosak?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

As one who was blessed with an opportunity to win money from Blizzard, and even more blessed to actually do so, I figured it is appropriate to forward the remainder of the winnings to a better cause:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Good on you, HL.

Kosak being specifically named is disappointing. Was hoping the Hearthstone team would stay mainly out of it.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
This is in fact mentioned in the article, but I feel like I should point out that Cosby was kind of a meme at the time (2013), and the sexual assault stuff was only just beginning to come out (he was convicted in 2018). I'm not saying they definitely weren't intending it that way -- there's plenty of other gross behavior there which is bad no matter what. I'm only saying the Cosby thing might not have been a rape reference, just given the timing.

(Sorry, comedic Cosby references are a bit of a sore spot for me...)

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 28, 2021

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mayveena posted:

A bunch of dogs. Who is David Kosak?

Former Lead Designer for HS, who was heavily featured in expansion reveal videos after Ben Brode left.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

AnacondaHL posted:

As one who was blessed with an opportunity to win money from Blizzard, and even more blessed to actually do so, I figured it is appropriate to forward the remainder of the winnings to a better cause:

Good on you. gently caress, this sucks so much

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

mcbexx posted:

Former Lead Designer for HS, who was heavily featured in expansion reveal videos after Ben Brode left.

He was also originally in the WoW Creative Development team, landing the job after making a fairly popular fan webcomic.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm very much growing to dislike the unavoidable bullshit "GOTCHA" mechanics they're making par-for-the-course in this game.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm very much growing to dislike the unavoidable bullshit "GOTCHA" mechanics they're making par-for-the-course in this game.

Such as?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

L0cke17 posted:

Such as?

poo poo you can't defend against, like a 20+ whack to the face (or two) from a Silas/Switch/Shield Slam play. Or spell mage having tons of clears and a 10 damage Arcane Missiles card and ALL THE DRAW IN THE loving UNIVERSE.

I know there are simply some match-ups you can't win, but it feels like they've hosed the game to the point where there are several Tier 1 decks that have that horseshit "EXODIA" thing going on and it's just un-fun.

You're punished for keeping a board. You're punished for not keeping a board. You're punished for not keeping a big *enough* board. Everything's set up so some shitheel can scream whenever he pulls ~the perfect card~ on his Twitch stream.

Everything in this game is seemingly being geared towards OTK mechanics because Blizzard knows that's the fuckhead dream. The "BOOM, HEADSHOT" of the CCG world.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 29, 2021

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

poo poo you can't defend against, like a 20+ whack to the face (or two) from a Silas/Switch/Shield Slam play. Or spell mage having tons of clears and a 10 damage Arcane Missiles card and ALL THE DRAW IN THE loving UNIVERSE.

I know there are simply some match-ups you can't win, but it feels like they've hosed the game to the point where there are several Tier 1 decks that have that horseshit "EXODIA" thing going on and it's just un-fun.

You're punished for keeping a board. You're punished for not keeping a board. You're punished for not keeping a big *enough* board. Everything's set up so some shitheel can scream whenever he pulls ~the perfect card~ on his Twitch stream.

Everything in this game is seemingly being geared towards OTK mechanics because Blizzard knows that's the fuckhead dream. The "BOOM, HEADSHOT" of the CCG world.

I feel like a lot of these issues would be fixed if there was more hand or deck interaction. Only being able to impact the board for the most part is obnoxious. Pretty much only demon hunter has the tools to interact with the hand in standard and they never do because their other cards are just so much better.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Warlock is going to be the go to class to poo poo on everyone's dreams.
Tickatus, the burn 3 cards each A'lar(?) card and good old Mutanus will have time to shine.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Double post, but I wanted to separate this.

Oh, it's so much worse.

Also, "Jesse McCree"? Really? They named an OW character after this sex pest? Guess I'll never High Noon again.

Edit: Replies to the most recent tweets from Kosak are merciless.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 29, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
A+++ Facebook post, would post again. I guess it was posted for the likes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W21FwAAfq0Y

You already know what's #1 but some of the others will surprise you. Of course this is all opinion but it's from playing some of the set already.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Another alternative to HS is a game called Summoner Wars. It's a card game that now has an online implementation, complete with tournaments. There's a single player demo mode if you'd like to try it out, and you get all the cards for $3 a month.

https://summonerwars.plaidhatgames.com/

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the single player front, Chrono Ark has been pretty cool, though it IS early access and I have some complaints about it that as per usual for EA games, may or may not get addressed.

It's a deck builder roguelike, but with a party of characters. The combat's got a lot going on, which could be a plus or minus.

Flayer posted:

A+++ Facebook post, would post again. I guess it was posted for the likes.

I saw the group chat and wondered who leaked it :lol: jesus christ

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 29, 2021

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Also on a different note, Dominion has a good online version. It's one of the classic deck building card games and the online version is browser based and reasonably priced.

https://www.dominion.games/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_(card_game)

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Hearthstone Alternative chat: I recently started playing Legends of Runeterra. It's a CCG from Riot games. Key points:

• Much more F2P friendly. They hand out a bit less than Hearthstone's core set, but are much more generous after that. If you start playing now, switch your region reward track when you hit 12, win 3 PvP games a day, 3 matches of their StS clone, 3 matches of their Dungeon Run-alike, and reroll your 1000 xp dailies you'll get about ~250 cards/week for your first few weeks, including many "wild cards" that you can trade in for any card of a certain rarity.
  • If you want to buy cards you can just directly buy wildcards to get the card you want vs buying packs.
  • Mana works like Hearthstone, but you can float up to three mana per turn to the next turn, except floated mana can only be spent on spells.
  • Complex and interactive turns. You'll generally have a chance to respond to every card your opponent plays.
  • Unsolved meta. There's a lot more deck variety at every level of play than there is in Hearthstone.
  • Stingier on cosmetics. Their priority is selling cosmetics, not cards, so you won't get many cosmetics for free.
  • lovely gold cards. Hearthstone's gold cards are beautiful works of art, LoR's have a shiny border and a little background animation.
  • Tournaments integrated into the client.
  • There are 10 "regions" which are more like M:tG colors. You can have cards from two regions in your deck which adds a lot of variety.

edit: hit post way too early

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 30, 2021

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah Runeterra's really good. I got sick of the meta during a particularly rough patch and haven't played in months but I know I'm going to eventually pick it up again

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

There's a thread for Runeterra somewhere around here, noting that Riot has had issues with sexual harassment as well.
https://www.latimes.com/business/technology/story/2019-12-02/riot-games-gender-discrimination-settlement

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay, no ethical consumption under capitalism and poo poo but please please please stop suggesting legends of runeterra, the game made by the other California games company getting sued for sex pestery, as a better choice.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Anyone want to pointlessly min-max starting out on the new Tavern Pass on August 3rd and swap the challenge a friend quest? EU server Flayer#2411

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I just hit legend in wild for the first time in forever :toot:

Climbed to rank 1 diamond with reno tickatus warlock, then hit a wall of secret mages and bounced back to rank 2 twice, and I ultimately broke through by checking the top deck on hsreplay which was some kind of galakrond shudderwock deck and used that to beat the final boss, which was a razakus priest.

Ultimately this achievement speaks more of my boredom and procrastination, I'm very much ready for the expansion to drop

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Oenis posted:

I just hit legend in wild for the first time in forever :toot:

Climbed to rank 1 diamond with reno tickatus warlock, then hit a wall of secret mages and bounced back to rank 2 twice, and I ultimately broke through by checking the top deck on hsreplay which was some kind of galakrond shudderwock deck and used that to beat the final boss, which was a razakus priest.

Ultimately this achievement speaks more of my boredom and procrastination, I'm very much ready for the expansion to drop

Congrats! I was going to try and climb wild but spent time theorycrafting terrible mage decks instead. I just want to play quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I just give up once I hit Diamond lol