Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ex Mods Poll Opinions (+current IK +current mod)
This poll is closed.
Relax or Die: i'll tell you what it is: posting theft 10 0.07%
ShallNoiseUpon: i have reported oddium for stealing posting valor i hope the moderators will sort this out post haste 14 0.09%
Cheetah7071: more like snoreson smells 18 0.12%
Oddium: no poll for solidarity with mobile users 36 0.24%
Metis: I promise never to interfere in poll results 15001 99.46%
Hmmmmmm. 4 0.03%
Total: 15083 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

homeless snail posted:

cant wait to crank it

We don't need to hear about your Steam hentai games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a gameboy for indies

Ignore the crank
Stux is still probed so that’s easy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

We don't need to hear about your Steam hentai games
are you sure, I could post about hashihime of the old book town

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
GBC Wormlight would be a good username

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

oddium posted:

they should have put a bespoke backlight for weirdos in

Be careful what you wish for or you’ll end up with a fluorescent tube backlight like the Game Gear.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

All these augmentations...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1420451554478460929

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

hatty posted:

Stux is still probed so that’s easy

Free Stux.

Why are they gone? I missed it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Walla posted:

Free Stux.

He's been a lot stuxier as of late, mostly in other threads than this one, and got over 50 reports in a 20 day period, despite spending half of it on sixers

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Walla posted:

Free Stux.

They hated him for speaking the truth

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Walla posted:

Free Stux.

posted "darks souls 2 is better" in the sekiro thread

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Somehow still not deleted yet.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/399386868547977216?s=19

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That all sounds plausible.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

mutata posted:

The Playdate dock with the Poolside FM app is primo, not gonna lie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltHAQ8gamHk

https://twitter.com/BDoodles/status/1420494048813486081

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Walla posted:

Free Stux.

peperony and chease

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

He probably doesn't see it as a big deal cause he seems to think people have a problem with name of the room and not everything else surrounding it

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/1420505317314420736

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/st...s1_c10&ref_url=

come the gently caress on

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Everyone I knew who worked at Blizzard has left Blizzard at this point. It's sad.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

With all the constant news coming out about all these huge video game companies (Riot, CDPR, now Blizzard, etc) my classmates have pretty much all stopping putting in applications for game dev jobs because they just sound like absolute poo poo

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

With all the constant news coming out about all these huge video game companies (Riot, CDPR, now Blizzard, etc) my classmates have pretty much all stopping putting in applications for game dev jobs because they just sound like absolute poo poo

This has been the common refrain I've seen, too. Blizzard is in the spotlight now, but it's fuckin' everywhere. The whole industry is thick with awful, awful people in leadership roles.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

are you sure, I could post about hashihime of the old book town

Please post about hashihime of the old book town because I thought the art style looked nice

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There's a lot of decent places in the industry, even places that work on relatively decent, well known stuff, but the superstars show their asses quite a bit and then they just... don't fix it.

We're definitely turning into a whisper network kind of industry.

Edit: More generally, that is. For the record, for women it already long has been.

mutata fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 29, 2021

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Erg posted:

Please post about hashihime of the old book town because I thought the art style looked nice
okay heres my hashihime of the old book town post. i only read the first route and then haven't read any more, but Its Good and I plan to continue. still waiting for it to get gay though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

He's been a lot stuxier as of late, mostly in other threads than this one, and got over 50 reports in a 20 day period, despite spending half of it on sixers

drat, sounds like a lot of people got owned. are they okay?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hello

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

okay heres my hashihime of the old book town post. i only read the first route and then haven't read any more, but Its Good and I plan to continue. still waiting for it to get gay though

perfect for my weekly bl quotient then. ty

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Khanstant posted:

drat, sounds like a lot of people got owned. are they okay?

don't go in the stadia thread, it's still airing out

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One small note, sometimes whenever a game company is revealed to be run by sex criminals / ardent racists / unabashed transphobes, there’s usually some form of “...and their games aren’t even good!!” on here, but I don’t think I’ve seen any this time! So, yay :)

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
that greg street fellow seems to just love digging holes for himself on twitter

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Should I play NEO: The World Ends with You using Japanese or English audio

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

He probably doesn't see it as a big deal cause he seems to think people have a problem with name of the room and not everything else surrounding it

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/1420505317314420736

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/st...s1_c10&ref_url=

come the gently caress on

Pretty much all of the men at Blizzard that have spoken out about this have proven themselves to be trash. When I say I support the employees at Blizzard, it's only the women. All of the men at Blizzard should still walk off the job, but they should find themselves in another industry while they are at it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

Pretty much all of the men at Blizzard that have spoken out about this have proven themselves to be trash. When I say I support the employees at Blizzard, it's only the women. All of the men at Blizzard should still walk off the job, but they should find themselves in another industry while they are at it.

Eh, you gotta remember how massive a company they are

https://twitter.com/JonnyPeltz/status/1420487978946752516?s=20

Plenty of men on the picket lines just as furious about what has happened.

Men in leadership positions though... I generally am want to agree with you.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

People who play the Anno games, which do you figure is the better modern/future one, 2070 or 2205?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yardbomb posted:

People who play the Anno games, which do you figure is the better modern/future one, 2070 or 2205?

That's very hard to say. They're both really good and they're pretty different. Maybe I can help you figure out which style you prefer.

Anno 2070: There are two divergent tech trees, the eco-hippies and the pollution-capitalists. They each have a different tileset and economy. If you get the expansion (these days there's probably a gold or complete bundle that includes it) then you can build underwater cities kinda like Bioshock which are full of nerds. Its straightforward Anno style if you've played any of the other games in the series.

Anno 2205: This one tried to change things up. You end up building multiple towns across different biomes and having them trade against each other. Kinda like how in other anno games you build settlements on different islands with different resources and build trade routes, only now you're building trade routes between the tundra and orbit in space and on the moon, which have completely different tech trees and economies exclusive to those regions. This makes for what feels like a more complicated game, since you'll need to keep popping back from the moon to check on your tundra base in order to train more astronauts so those astronauts can go to your space base and then become space mechanics to get you to the next moon tier. The big downside is you have to do a pretty hefty load screen to get between your towns, so its not as snappy as just managing islands in other anno games, but it also has more depth and strategy since the biomes are more different than islands are.

I think I enjoyed 2070 more for the simplicity, but that isn't to say I didn't enjoy 2205. It did feel a bit more tedious to me, but it also had more variety. If you're looking for more of a Sim City experience, go 2070. If you want something more like Factorio, 2205.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 29, 2021

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I’ve only tried English but it seems pretty solid, also there’s a lot of pre/post battle lines that aren’t subtitled if that helps.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well I just met Nagi and that cemented me sticking with ENG, her VA owns

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Zaphod42 posted:

That's very hard to say. They're both really good and they're pretty different. Maybe I can help you figure out which style you prefer.

Anno 2070: There are two divergent tech trees, the eco-hippies and the pollution-capitalists. They each have a different tileset and economy. If you get the expansion (these days there's probably a gold or complete bundle that includes it) then you can build underwater cities kinda like Bioshock which are full of nerds. Its straightforward Anno style if you've played any of the other games in the series.

Anno 2205: This one tried to change things up. You end up building multiple towns across different biomes and having them trade against each other. Kinda like how in other anno games you build settlements on different islands with different resources and build trade routes, only now you're building trade routes between the tundra and orbit in space and on the moon, which have completely different tech trees and economies exclusive to those regions. This makes for what feels like a more complicated game, since you'll need to keep popping back from the moon to check on your tundra base in order to train more astronauts so those astronauts can go to your space base and then become space mechanics to get you to the next moon tier. The big downside is you have to do a pretty hefty load screen to get between your towns, so its not as snappy as just managing islands in other anno games, but it also has more depth and strategy since the biomes are more different than islands are.

I think I enjoyed 2070 more for the simplicity, but that isn't to say I didn't enjoy 2205. It did feel a bit more tedious to me, but it also had more variety. If you're looking for more of a Sim City experience, go 2070. If you want something more like Factorio, 2205.

Pretty good descriptions, I think 2070 sounds better for what I want it for.

(Also I wish they'd put 1800 on steam again cause it looks cool)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the wrestling crowd JRPG sign wars continue:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Previously sighted signs:

Not technically video games but Amelia Watson is cool and good too:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Never thought Id be stepping back into the ring, but sign holder, life only has one save slot and Im about to go Castle Riovanes on your rear end