Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I still love the Matisyahu bit where Carl ended up doing the entire rap after the bit where he’d only do the first line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

- Season 2 - Lauren Lapkus (Good Grief with Home Economics) - (53 minutes in) Bill Cravey saying that the worst thought he ever had during a school day was that he was happy that 9/11 happened.e you put it stuff was busting up my whole rear end.

@MrsSmuckersButtFuckers.org

The Senator Giroux posted:

I still love the Matisyahu bit where Carl ended up doing the entire rap after the bit where he’d only do the first line.

See-my-my-yoooooooo?

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

JethroMcB posted:

@MrsSmuckersButtFuckers.org

See-my-my-yoooooooo?

I can confirm that this twitter page does NOT exist.

But I'd really like to take this post to champion Matt Gourley. Anything that he gets to play a character is great. Superego is at its best when Gourley is in the picture. Andy Daly rules...obviously. Paired with Gourley?....gems. The Pilot Project and Bananas For Bonanza wouldn't have ever been as good without this guy. The Perfect Woman cracks up my whole rear end, obviously that has a lot to do with his wife, Amanda Lund, but Gourley is all over it.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Man I wish the Flagrant Ones worked for me. I love these dudes they're smart funny people but they're so dumb about basketball and get so caught up in Twitter opinions I just can't support it anymore. I like them less the more they talk on this one topic.

There was an episode where they were just reading a random Reddit thread out loud and talking about it and I was like wtf am I listening to? Most of my podcast listening has generally been for when I'm driving or working out or something, but TFO works better for me as something closer to background noise when I'm doing something relatively mindless in a game, since it doesn't matter much if I miss something, which isn't really ideal for a subscription podcast.

On the other hand, the fact that the podcast rarely feels particularly timely means listening to old episodes works pretty well if you let your subscription lapse for a while. It's not like a news podcast where it loses all value a week later.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 28, 2021

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The reddit stuff was a game where they were trying to identify what player/team was being discussed based on the discourse. I thought it was funny, but I don't know anything about basketball.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I really know nothing about basketball either, I just steal Carl's opinions. Good show

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Consummate Professional posted:

I really know nothing about basketball either, I just steal Carl's opinions. Good show

Hayes definitely seems to be the most knowledgeable of the bunch. Honestly.....I think Carl has the worst takes of the three.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The stitcher rss feeds thing appears to be working again after being busted for most of the year.

https://v2.unofficialrss.com/

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I almost had a real out of body moment during the last 5 minutes of the latest HH Pro Version (Studio Prep) where I was like really contemplating why I was listening to these two guys just barely even be able to get random thoughts out without even trying to make a joke. Just wasting my time listening to complete nonsense with no value at all.

And then it ended and I have the new Tom Scharpling one to listen to and I think that will be good rehab

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Crazyweasel posted:

I almost had a real out of body moment during the last 5 minutes of the latest HH Pro Version (Studio Prep) where I was like really contemplating why I was listening to these two guys just barely even be able to get random thoughts out without even trying to make a joke. Just wasting my time listening to complete nonsense with no value at all.

And then it ended and I have the new Tom Scharpling one to listen to and I think that will be good rehab

The intro of "I DON'T DO SMALL TALK! Tell me about your trauma" had me lollin. I still love the Pro Version

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Wow. Wiger finally called one of his co-hosts "Mitch" on today's HDTGP.

Also Contra Rogue Corps is an absolute dogshit game and I'm glad they recognized it as such

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wow, it finally happened. My stitcher premium subscription ended.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Consummate Professional posted:

Wow, it finally happened. My stitcher premium subscription ended.

Congratulations

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Just do what I did:

- Subscribe to Stitcher Premium through Google Play
- At the end of the trial period, receive an email notification that your credit card has been charged; Within 30 minutes, use the Google Play refund option to cancel the subscription
- Enjoy a year of Stitcher Premium for free because, despite being owned by a multibillion-dollar subscription-based broadcasting corporation, they are not equipped to deal with this

With the exodus of talent from Earwolf over the past year, I don't think I'll have to try this again when my subscription runs out again

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
The video is a key component of today's Hollywood Handbook.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

JethroMcB posted:

Just do what I did:

- Subscribe to Stitcher Premium through Google Play
- At the end of the trial period, receive an email notification that your credit card has been charged; Within 30 minutes, use the Google Play refund option to cancel the subscription
- Enjoy a year of Stitcher Premium for free because, despite being owned by a multibillion-dollar subscription-based broadcasting corporation, they are not equipped to deal with this

With the exodus of talent from Earwolf over the past year, I don't think I'll have to try this again when my subscription runs out again

Does it have to be 30 min? I might try this but I'm not always ready to cancel at such short notice

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Flaskraven posted:

Does it have to be 30 min? I might try this but I'm not always ready to cancel at such short notice

Just double-checked and looks like Google Play's refund window is 48 hours after the transaction goes through, including subscriptions through Google, so looks like you've got a more forgiving window.

Back on the topic of Earwolf shedding talent/programming, Questions for Lennon is back as a monthly series on the Sloppy Boys' Patreon. Not exactly a marquee show but still, I think it's down to Bonanas for Bonanza and Neighborhood Listen in terms of non-CBB stuff I listen to on Earwolf/Stitcher Premium now (and Bonanas is not currently producing new episodes, so...)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is there an ad free version of HH on the patreon feed

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

bump_fn posted:

is there an ad free version of HH on the patreon feed

no it has ads on the patreon feed i think because of whatever deal they signed with stitcher

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The video versions don't have ads at least

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

Back on the topic of Earwolf shedding talent/programming, Questions for Lennon is back as a monthly series on the Sloppy Boys' Patreon. Not exactly a marquee show but still, I think it's down to Bonanas for Bonanza and Neighborhood Listen in terms of non-CBB stuff I listen to on Earwolf/Stitcher Premium now (and Bonanas is not currently producing new episodes, so...)

Gino season 3 is supposed to be back... soon?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Does anyone know if there's another "get stitcher premium for a year for 5 bucks" code this year? Mine is up soon and no way am I paying 35 bucks for it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm just done. Sorry Andy Daly, I'll do a Patreon for you but I'm over Stitcher.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

feedmyleg posted:

I'm just done. Sorry Andy Daly, I'll do a Patreon for you but I'm over Stitcher.

No longer bonanas for bonanza

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Earwolf was an awesome network that was a great incubator for comedy, and it sucks that it got bought up a bunch of times and ignored/dismantled by corporate overlords who didn't give a poo poo about it. There's no way I'm subscribing to a dozen patreons to follow as much poo poo as I had access to before.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Yeah that's sort of my problem. There's still some decent stuff on there, but it's not really worth it for what hasn't jumped ship. And there's really only so many individual podcast Patreons I can support at once. Whatever, I'll see what happens once it comes due.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
:filez:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's so loving funny when Earwolf had that giant hole in their paywall where you could download episodes for over a year.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yes, the wolf dead.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i liked paying for the (widow) howl app, because i got hundreds and hundreds of hours of comedy funtimes from the hosts and it felt like i was directly supporting them. then stitcher happened.

oh well, a necessary step along the way to allowing me to send $10 a month directly to sean, hayes, and carl for fun podcasts.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

cams posted:

i liked paying for the (widow) howl app, because i got hundreds and hundreds of hours of comedy funtimes from the hosts and it felt like i was directly supporting them. then stitcher happened.

oh well, a necessary step along the way to allowing me to send $10 a month directly to sean, hayes, and carl for fun podcasts.

this and also buy whatever big grande does every single time

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I liked getting a free trial of the widow howl app that led to me accidentally being given a free stitcher subscription for about 3 years.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/hayesdavenport/status/1419768986808446982

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

we don't deserve hayes

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

we don't deserve hayes

I do actually. I earned Hayes.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Hayes is for horses.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

In Earwolf-adjacent news, the fourth season of Newcomers just started, focusing on Fast & the Furious. However, Gabrus has replaced Lapkus as Nicole Byers' cohost. I definitely missed her, but the first episode still had good energy and Gabrus was a good fit for it, and it's also a good change to follow a series that Nicole actually is already a fan of.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Lauren had her baby, I hope she and Mike get a lot of postpartum bonding time.

Jon gabrus is the perfect replacement for this run of films.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Speaking of Gabrus, crazy story on Action Boyz, glad Stanger made it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Did he finally tell his AFib story? Nancy shared it on a recent Dumbbells so I guess he finally felt comfortable enough to put it out there

My first reaction was "I'm glad he's apparently doing well now" and my second was "poo poo, I gotta get married or that's how I'm going to go out"