Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zamujasa posted:

Nevada just brought back the mask mandate, which is good considering we're basically the Delta hot spot.

Oceans365 :v:

:coronatoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There is absolutely *nothing* available in details about this, other than it happened:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1420274598487146499?s=19

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Even TMZ doesn’t have any real details.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/27/bob-odenkirk-hospitalized-after-collapsing-on-set-better-call-saul/

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Mask are required again in the building. Can confirm the 4 people not vaccinated are pissed. Coming from the DC so it's not a local mandate

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Melthir posted:

Mask are required again in the building. Can confirm the 4 people not vaccinated are pissed. Coming from the DC so it's not a local mandate

Our agency just got an immediate nationwide indoor mask mandate after removing it three months back and making the mil portion come in 4 times a week. I kept wearing mine, but it was just me, the cleaning staff, and couple others. they shouldn’t have removed it in the first place and I liked the auto thermometers they had at entrance.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I saw this last night and was confused... They want their customers to die off? Wouldn't that be grounds for closure from the health dept? Soooo confused by this.

RE Mask policy: I got the work email last night at 730 about masks. Based on where/when they send these emails, the VA was working til COB to draft this and send it out. There are going to be some salty people soon.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ASAPI posted:

I saw this last night and was confused... They want their customers to die off? Wouldn't that be grounds for closure from the health dept? Soooo confused by this.

They’re literally insane. Stop trying to make sense of what insane people do or you’ll become insane.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The 2nd dumbest thing to come out of Huntington Beach after Tito Wifebeater Ortiz.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Naturalization was up about 50% in 1Q21, compared to Trump admin.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I hate this stupid country.
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...861a1e5c52.html

quote:

The St. Louis County Council moved to end the county’s new mask mandate Tuesday, throwing the order into legal limbo.

After hearing dozens of people rail against the mandate and County Executive Sam Page, council members voted 5-2 to end the order and rebuke Page for failing to consult them before issuing it, which they say was required under a new state law.

“Too many American men and women have given the last full measure of devotion for us to be cavalier with the very liberty they fought and died to provide,” said Councilman Ernie Trakas, R-6th District. “I will not abide any measures that seek to compromise or erode our liberty and freedom.”

WHY AREN'T YOU IDIOTS DEAD YET?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The unironic use of "My Body My Choice" by people who I am 10000% certain are very very very anti-abortion is just incredible.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

That Works posted:

The unironic use of "My Body My Choice" by people who I am 10000% certain are very very very anti-abortion is just incredible.

I was going to say the same thing. That picture is pure irony.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ASAPI posted:

I was going to say the same thing. That picture is pure irony.

It's popping up all over whatever flavor of social media you choose as well. At first for like a few days it was ironic, now I see full on chuds just using it openly like it means something. Completely oblivious.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1420211594794049536

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dammit Eric!

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

That Works posted:

It's popping up all over whatever flavor of social media you choose as well. At first for like a few days it was ironic, now I see full on chuds just using it openly like it means something. Completely oblivious.

I think in this case it's malice being mistaken for ignorance. I guarentee you in their heads they're doing some sort of smug equation of wearing a mask to abortion rights to own the libs.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

MA-Horus posted:

The 2nd dumbest thing to come out of Huntington Beach after Tito Wifebeater Ortiz.

Hey, that’s former city councilman Tito wifebeater Ortiz to you bub!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I wish I could find a pithy meme to quickly explain my position on the Capitol Police testimony. I'm not against violence against police officers on principle, I'm against violence against police officers in order to halt a legitimate democratic election in order to install a fascist dictator.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

I wish I could find a pithy meme to quickly explain my position on the Capitol Police testimony. I'm not against violence against police officers on principle,I'm against violence against police officers in order to halt a legitimate democratic election in order to install a fascist dictator.

I mean, gently caress the police and all but my vote is always gonna go for the least violent solution for domestic American policies.

We don’t get to less violence and police killings with more violence and killing cops.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I mean, gently caress the police and all but my vote is always gonna go for the least violent solution for domestic American policies.

We don’t get to less violence and police killings with more violence and killing cops.

I'm not saying we should all just go out and kill cops. I'm saying that there are good reasons to assault a cop and bad reasons to assault a cop.

Anyway,
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1420062784285548557

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

VectorSigma posted:

SPC dropping the D-word and a Moderate Risk for my backyard:

SPC AC 280549

Day 1 Convective Outlook
NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK
1249 AM CDT Wed Jul 28 2021

Valid 281200Z - 291200Z

...THERE IS A MODERATE RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS FROM EXTREME
EAST-CENTRAL MINNESOTA INTO SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN THIS AFTERNOON INTO
TONIGHT...

...SUMMARY...
Severe thunderstorms, capable of widespread damaging wind gusts,
very large hail and several tornadoes, are forecast across portions
of Minnesota and Wisconsin late this afternoon into tonight.
Isolated strong storms also are possible across parts of the
Mid-Atlantic and may produce locally damaging wind gusts.

...Upper Midwest...

A favorable pattern will exist over MN/WI toward Lake Michigan
today, supporting intense severe thunderstorms and possible derecho
development
later this afternoon/evening. As a result, a Moderate
risk has been included from extreme east-central MN into southeast
WI with the initial Day 1 Outlook.

An upper shortwave impulse is forecast to migrate atop the Plains
upper ridge and amplify as it traverses the Upper Midwest/Great
Lakes region this afternoon into tonight. In response to midlevel
height falls, and low level cyclogenesis, 850-700 mb flow is
forecast to increase to 45-70 kt. At the surface, a reservoir of
substantial moisture is in place, with dewpoints from the mid 60s to
mid 70s F. While cloudiness and some early morning elevated
convection are possible across parts of MN/WI in a strong warm
advection regime, steepening midlevel lapse rates and at least
pockets of strong heating will result in strong to extreme
instability by afternoon. A surface low is forecast to shift
east/southeast from eastern ND into southeast MI by early Thursday
morning, sweeping a cold front southeast across the region. The cold
front is forecast to extend from northeast MN into northern SD late
this afternoon, while a warm front extends southeastward from
northeast MN into central Lower MI. Capping will limit convection
initially, however increasing large scale ascent associated with the
upper shortwave impulse as well as frontal forcing/low level
convergence should overcome inhibition.

Any initial semi-discrete convection is likely to be short-lived,
with rather fast upscale development anticipated. Nevertheless,
strong vertical shear and enlarged low-level hodographs within an
extremely unstable airmass will support supercell structures (both
initially and embedded within developing bow echo/derecho). Very
large hail (greater than 2 inches in diameter) will be possible
early in convective evolution. As upscale development occurs, a
transition toward intense, damaging wind gusts is expected, with a
corridor of 65+ kt wind gusts possible. Tornadoes also are possible
both early on near the triple point/warm front and once an organized
bow develops via mesovortex processes.

quote:

...Discussion...
The only change this outlook update is to upgrade severe-wind
probabilities from the southern half of Lake Michigan southeastward
into northwest OH. Recent runs of the HRRR indicate an intense rear
inflow jet late tonight as a bow moves southeastward across Lake
Michigan into the Michiana vicinity. Confidence in a widespread
severe-gust threat has increased and is depicted in the minor nudges
upwards in probabilities.

Derecho watch for WI, MN, MI, IN, and IL. Watch yourself tonight. The IA one from last year was no joke.

As a reminder, a Derecho did this to a huge swath of Iowa last year in only 30 minutes.

https://youtu.be/pBkPichBlt8

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 28, 2021

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Southpark dudes want to buy Casa Bonita

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/07/28/south-park-casa-bonita-denver-sale/

loving do it, it can only be an improvement

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Kesper North posted:

That includes changing the food, which has never been the restaurant’s strong suit.

This is like the understatement of the millennium. It was cat food.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Kesper North posted:

Totally for it.

Smells smoky as gently caress in the Springs today.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Laranzu posted:

That includes changing the food, which has never been the restaurant’s strong suit.

This is like the understatement of the millennium. It was cat food.
My mom used to buy me Mexican food tv dinners when i was a kid in the 80s. Case Bonita was worse.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

There is absolutely *nothing* available in details about this, other than it happened:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1420274598487146499?s=19

https://twitter.com/birthdaynate/status/1420515313943302151?s=19

:woop:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I've never heard of this place but suddenly I don't feel so bad about the existence of South of the Border anymore

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

stealie72 posted:

My mom used to buy me Mexican food tv dinners when i was a kid in the 80s. Case Bonita was worse.

I haven't thought about two enchilda, rice, and bean tv dinners in an age.

I remember eating the hell out of them as a kid. I think I'm gonna go pick one up for nostalgias sake

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

shame on an IGA posted:

I've never heard of this place but suddenly I don't feel so bad about the existence of South of the Border anymore

I almost purged that place from memory…. Thanks….

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

It's not a scamtweet:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/bob-odenkirk-better-call-saul-heart-attack-1234989892/

quote:

“We can confirm Bob is in stable condition after experiencing a heart-related incident,” reps for the actor said in a statement Wednesday afternoon. “He and his family would like to express gratitude for the incredible doctors and nurses looking after him, as well as his cast, crew and producers who have stayed by his side. The Odenkirks would also like to thank everyone for the outpouring of well wishes and ask for their privacy at this time as Bob works on his recovery.”

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

The sopaipilla at Casa Bonita weren't that bad but the rest of the food was definitely nothing to write home about. I took my family there once when they came and visited and it was so-so. The shows were pretty entertaining though.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

shame on an IGA posted:

You never sausage a place

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Everybody's a weiner at Pedros

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

The sopaipilla at Casa Bonita weren't that bad but the rest of the food was definitely nothing to write home about. I took my family there once when they came and visited and it was so-so. The shows were pretty entertaining though.

Exactly this. You don't go there for the food, you go for the cliff diving and the gunfights, and to eat in the mine.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

joat mon posted:

Exactly this. You don't go there for the food, you go for the cliff diving and the gunfights, and to eat in the mine.

I've heard that the advice is to take your own food, because they know theirs sucks. You still have to buy theirs, thats the price of admission, but they don't make you eat it

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Channel 5 (Andrew, formerly of All Gas No Brakes) goes to a Q Con.

https://youtu.be/KYKOLwt8pwo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

I've heard that the advice is to take your own food, because they know theirs sucks. You still have to buy theirs, thats the price of admission, but they don't make you eat it

I've been there twice. It's fine. It's like microwave tex-mex fare.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

shame on an IGA posted:

Everybody's a weiner at Pedros

I remember as a kid driving down to Florida from PA on 95 and I swear back then those signs started at the Mason Dixon Line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RIP Ron Popeil.
https://youtu.be/2GeF7A05zQ8