Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Morgan Freeman She's Right Meme | www.picswe.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
saga frontier remastered: all characters and all fuse chapters. absolutely stellar game, a really great port that keeps all the wonderful weirdness of one of my favorite kawazu games with enough quality of life improvements to make it better than just playing the original. hope they do saga frontier 2 next.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The Room 4: Old Sins

Latest in a myst-esque escape the room type thing, series. I'm a huge suck for anything that draws from Myst, so I was the perfect target. This one goes whole hog on the "going deeper and deeper in the miniatures" theme that 3 played with, which I thought was a great choice since that was my favourite part.

Anyways, easy recommendation for a short mysterious puzzling game.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bump_fn posted:

saga frontier remastered: all characters and all fuse chapters. absolutely stellar game, a really great port that keeps all the wonderful weirdness of one of my favorite kawazu games with enough quality of life improvements to make it better than just playing the original. hope they do saga frontier 2 next.

theyve confirmed that they are, and unlimited too. also theres a new SaGa coming. kawazu forever

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days

It's way too long and a lot of it isn't that good, but the last two days were suitably tragic.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
23. Azbu

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mamkute posted:

23. Azbu

Gesundheit

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Prototype 2, hard, all achievements. Second time I beat it, the two unfinished achievements were nagging at me. The tentacles power and bio bomb and on demand shield are great but I still think the first prototype is better, and some of the regressions like splitting the game into three areas are just bizarre.

Battlefield 3 campaign. Not sure what possessed me to replay this, it’s one of the most shameless modern warfare ripoffs. The Russians are so well characterized compared to the main character, I wish the game was just about them

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

Returnal (full ending)

And Return of the Obra Dinn in the last week and a half.

All good, but Obra Dinn was amazing. Would love more insurance investigator games.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Thought I was done with Picross S2 but it turns out the last clip puzzle is 60 puzzles big. Guess I'll be back in a week to claim 100%.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

28. Dragon Quest V.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Halo 4 co-op

Game's campaign is honestly just kind of dull

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Aliens: Colonial Marines (stock)

So this game wasn't as horrible as I expected. I couldn't get any of the Overhaul mods to work so I went with the version right out of the box. Story was laughable, dialogue and banter between the marines was eyerolling, and the Ai was non-existent most of the time, but the worst aspect was the terrible graphics in the cut scenes. They were horrible. Hicks looked like his eyes were ready to pop out and Bishop had a glowing halo around his face. The textures looked like they were pulled straight from a PS2 game. Sure, the enemies acted more as bullet sponges and did random stuff like run away from combat and seemingly disappear to never return to the battle, but I couldn stop laughing at the poo poo quality cut scenes. The actual in-game graphics were ok and the evinronments weren't bad. The only "good" part of the game was that the weapons were fun to use and the ones from the movies seemed authentic, although I spent most of the time just rushing and using the tactical shotgun. Everything else was just kind of there and not necessary to use.

I'm a fan of the franchise so that was what kept me playing otherwise I would've stopped a few hours in. I got 11 hours out of it so it was worth the $1.99 I paid.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ty garlic bread

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

ty garlic bread

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
legend of mana remaster carrier for the sega dreamcast robotrek ff4 and the ff14 base game and heavensward so far working on soul blazer atm

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

ty garlic bread

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
ty garlic bread

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fungah! posted:

ty garlic bread

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

ty garlic bread

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ty garlic bread

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ty garlic bread

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I can taste that delicious bread already.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD. True Demon Ending. Extremely good game, I think I'm going to really dive into SMT and Persona going forward, I got the same feeling from this game that I got while playing Yakuza 0 for the first time. I thought the story and lore was really cool, I'm a huge nerd for occult stuff and religion/spirituality so it was really neat to see all the different bosses and enemies pulled from all sorts of traditions from all over the world. The battle system was great too, I loved the press turn system and the way it really opened up tons of strategic options, made elemental strengths and weakness more than just a simple question of doing a little more or less damage, and could quickly turn the tide of a battle if used correctly.

I actually didn't want True Demon Ending at first, I wanted to do one of the Reasons for story purposes but accidentally locked myself of out Musubi (and purposely locked myself out of the others). But I'm glad I got it, the final boss that's exclusive to this route was intense and made for a great capstone to 99 hours of play. I'll get Musubi and maybe the others on the inevitable NG+ at some point in the future. The final team I brought into the endgame was my Demi-Fiend as damage-dealer, Metatron as damage-dealer and debuffer, Pixie as the healer, and Mother Harlot who was useful against the first boss in the final boss run but basically just stood there during the last one.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Got the final plat for mass effect legendary. Basically been playing this for two months and finally finished. Looking forward to going switch only for a couple of months.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

ty garlic bread

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Finished Portrait of Ruin last night, didn’t quite get 100% (or I guess 1000% in this case) but beat the game and I’m pretty done with it. Order of Ecclesia is next

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

legend of mana. i liked it a lot, but its definitely got problems. the systems are all really badass and i like the writng and world but i feel like it doesnt add up to be as cool as it shodul have been. also my game crashed halfway through the ending fuuuuuuu

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
i beat evolution: the world of the sacred device last year but there is post game content where you get to beat a ruins you missed out on and collect the last artifact so i did that today maybe later ill go back and pay off the 200,000 dollar debt mag has and 100% it :coolslime:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza Kiwami 2

:eyepop:

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

1. Bloodstained
2. Bioshock
3. Bravely Default 2
4. Bioshock Infinite

5. Dragon Quest

Every game should have a post end boss victory lap. Really enjoyed this, lots of character and fun gameplay mechanics. Sick phone game as well, casually grinding for metal slimes one handed. Probably going to get dq2 and just carry on.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Bragon Buest

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
24. Battlefield 5 (All War Stories, Normal)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mamkute posted:

Bragon Buest

Get his rear end

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
iconoclasts: all over the place. it doesnt really commit to any of its ideas in gameplay, the plot seems to go into interesting places at first but ultimately doesnt feel like it means much or does anything with any of the interesting parts, the pace is killed by a boring tower level full of elevators and slow crawling sections. sprite work is godly, as expected of a konjak joint, and some of the bosses were very fun. i dont think ill 100% it even if it means missing out on a cool extra boss. i feel bad slamming it cause konjak is an unsung indie hero, with noitu love being one of the first paid solo indie games using multimedia fusion, and he spent like 9 years working on this, but its mostly just ok.

dead space 2: great re4 clone. there a bit of lull in the middle section, and isaac sounds a bit too confident at times, and rarely frightened. ellie was cool though, the ending was great, the final boss battle is unbelievably stupid, and the game controls super smoothly. idk i cant really say anything that hasnt been said or anyone doesnt know about this one already. fantastic game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mamkute posted:

Bragon Buest

Shut tha gently caress up.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

iconoclasts: all over the place. it doesnt really commit to any of its ideas in gameplay, the plot seems to go into interesting places at first but ultimately doesnt feel like it means much or does anything with any of the interesting parts, the pace is killed by a boring tower level full of elevators and slow crawling sections. sprite work is godly, as expected of a konjak joint, and some of the bosses were very fun. i dont think ill 100% it even if it means missing out on a cool extra boss. i feel bad slamming it cause konjak is an unsung indie hero, with noitu love being one of the first paid solo indie games using multimedia fusion, and he spent like 9 years working on this, but its mostly just ok.

dead space 2: great re4 clone. there a bit of lull in the middle section, and isaac sounds a bit too confident at times, and rarely frightened. ellie was cool though, the ending was great, the final boss battle is unbelievably stupid, and the game controls super smoothly. idk i cant really say anything that hasnt been said or anyone doesnt know about this one already. fantastic game

i started dead space 1 from your post a couple of weeks ago but i hit some 0g section where I'd get insta killed by a physics bug if I hit the floor at the wrong angle and it basically killed my motivation dead lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i started dead space 1 from your post a couple of weeks ago but i hit some 0g section where I'd get insta killed by a physics bug if I hit the floor at the wrong angle and it basically killed my motivation dead lol

i heard that happens if you play with uncapped framerate. i alt tabbed into amds control pannel and limited the framerate to 60 and it worked flawlessly. just dont use in game vsync. port is notoriously bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

I liked Iconoclasts a lot but that tower section was kind of assy