Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Puppy Doll posted:

the fourth labor of jericho WILL be against effy

aew rampage gets the goahead for TV-MA and they bring in drew parker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh shoot didn't realize we were doing a thing. I take back what I said earlier about it being a bad match while also being cool as hell.

My new opinion, if you liked that match you deserve to die, if you didn't like it you're already dead inside and just waiting for your body to catch up.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Main event kicked rear end, can't imagine people being down on it. I feel bad for them.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Except for the fact that the man, the king, Nick loving Gage did not bring a door into the area. WHERE WERE THE DOORS COWARD TONY

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
While I'm sure we'll see Juventud at the event next week I only got one question.

Who will be under the mask during the match?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Except for the fact that the man, the king, Nick loving Gage did not bring a door kenzan into the area. WHERE WERE THE DOORS KENZANS COWARD TONY

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Except for the fact that the man, the king, Nick loving Gage did not bring a door into the area. WHERE WERE THE DOORS COWARD TONY

Forbidden doors

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
labor four will be against hunter

hunter biden

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Not seeing much thoughts about FTR and PNP. Honestly expected PNP to win.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
"LABOUR NUMBER 4. HE'S ON THE PAYROLL. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BRYAN ALVAREZ."

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

nick gage should have put jericho through a door with FORBIDDEN written on it, and the moment the door breaks they cut to the tanahashi promo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

John Dudebro posted:

nick gage should have put jericho through a door with FORBIDDEN written on it, and the moment the door breaks they cut to the tanahashi promo

subtextisforcowards.gif

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shard posted:

1 of the guys arm fell off so the finish sucked there was probably gonna be some tomfoolery

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Shard posted:

pinnacle needs to get some wins over inner circle

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shard posted:

I kinda didn't.

Makes more sense for FTR to win now and for PnP to beat FTR for the belts later. Of these two teams, FTR is the one you should be pushing first, in my opinion.

And no, I have absolutely no idea who holds the belts between the Bucks and FTR now that Dark Order isn't getting a title shot. Lucha Bros?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Shard posted:

If they had more time they probably could have worked out a new finish but it was rather late in the match and they might not have known Cash was truly out or not.

If nothing else this accident sets up a hell of a feud for later.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm assuming they'll have more matches than this, probably a rubber match at All Out.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
looking forward to Tanahashi doing a month-long run on Elevation that ends with him putting over Fuego

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

looking forward to Tanahashi doing a month-long run on Elevation that ends with him putting over Fuego

Tana vs. Dustin: battle for custody of Fuego

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I probably would have been annoyed about FTR winning that match if Cash didn't get hurt but as it is I can't really hold the result against them. Hopefully they get to run it back and PnP win

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Booking aside I was honestly really blown away by all the actual wrestling tonight. It just feels good to watch a wrestling show and see good wrestling.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if the main event wasnt your cup of tea i get it but i was absolutely grinning ear from ear

also i just had a thought, idk if anyone has pitched this, jericho did the mist this week, keiji mutoh has appeared in aew before and is still an active wrestler winning belts in noah, feel like theres gotta be some decent odds on mutoh being one of the labors. juvi was a total surprise, i had no idea he was still going, and certainly never wouldve expected it but yea hell yea lets get some wcw cruiser nostalgia lol.

great show, aew is what wrestling should be, had a great time all throughout. might... might have to see if i can get those rampage tickets idk... gotta look in my eyes, what do i see

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

You are quickly becoming the empty quote master.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think it's pretty likely Lance Storm is gonna be the last labor.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

shiksa posted:

if the main event wasnt your cup of tea i get it but i was absolutely grinning ear from ear

also i just had a thought, idk if anyone has pitched this, jericho did the mist this week, keiji mutoh has appeared in aew before and is still an active wrestler winning belts in noah, feel like theres gotta be some decent odds on mutoh being one of the labors. juvi was a total surprise, i had no idea he was still going, and certainly never wouldve expected it but yea hell yea lets get some wcw cruiser nostalgia lol.

great show, aew is what wrestling should be, had a great time all throughout. might... might have to see if i can get those rampage tickets idk... gotta look in my eyes, what do i see

aewtix.com?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
As far as Nick Gage's matches go, it was pretty tame. I think the best part was the psychology on the crowd as the light tubes came out, and they were sitting there like Chekov's gun. Like a full 5-10 minutes of anticipating their use.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Sir Tonk posted:

labor four will be against hunter

hunter biden

No you got half of it right.

But it's going to be Hunter as in Triple H's shovel.

Bah gawd it's the shovel coming to bury Jericho.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
also not as much smoke as i expected from the light tubes and they didn't explode like i expected, wonder if they were gimmicked

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Please do not post bad tweets in this thread there is a thread for bad tweets that I don't read because I don't want to see bad tweets

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Penguin Patrol posted:

Knowing Tanahashi he is going to get obsessed with the Acclaimed and start doing his own raps.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The only upside to Hangman losing is that wrestling media might wring their hands about that for a week instead of freaking out about blood in an AEW main event.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Kunabomber posted:

As far as Nick Gage's matches go, it was pretty tame. I think the best part was the psychology on the crowd as the light tubes came out, and they were sitting there like Chekov's gun. Like a full 5-10 minutes of anticipating their use.

yeah. it was definitely paced way different from most death matches but it was well done and worked for the crowd and audience. with people who never seen this stuff you dont have to start off with light tube sword fights and end with dudes bumping through insane light tube structures.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Yaya posted:

Please do not post bad tweets in this thread there is a thread for bad tweets

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
You know why else I can't be mad at the ending of the elimination tag? Because the people who won are like the 3 greatest wrestlers alive today. I love Page. Love him. But I won't ever deny that I got into AEW because of the Bucks and Kenny. And they have only gotten better. They are the best kind of heels. I have legit heat with them but they also put on amazing matches.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I'm probably reaching way too far here, but given that Bryan's first televised match in the fed was losing to Jericho, I wonder if he might be the last labor before MJF? Kind of a first roadblock/last roadblock mirror thing

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My big takeaway from the elimination match is that I'm really happy the Bucks are heel so I no longer have to watch them spend an entire match clutching their back.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

my assumption immediately after the jungle boy match was that it would be kenny vs christian on TV and kenny vs hangman at all out. immediately jumping into the hangman vs kenny story the next week threw me off but it's definitely starting to look like, as always, i was right

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Given that this seems to be his victory lap, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jericho has been specifically training one high flying move that he DESPERATELY wants to show off. Tuning in to see a Jericho Phoenix Splash

Jericho's gonna hit the Salamander

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1021577407835328512

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The extra spotlight. :(