Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wintermutant posted:

I'm probably reaching way too far here, but given that Bryan's first televised match in the fed was losing to Jericho, I wonder if he might be the last labor before MJF? Kind of a first roadblock/last roadblock mirror thing

YOU MUST BEAT YOUR NXT ROOKIE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

The extra spotlight. :(

Now I want this to all somehow ends with Hangman with the belt and a double turn just so they can recreate Brodie winning and all of the dark order loving up the Rhodes family. It wouldn't make sense but that scene was one of the coolest things ever

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Kunabomber posted:

also not as much smoke as i expected from the light tubes and they didn't explode like i expected, wonder if they were gimmicked

Oh yeah, those were definitely not normal light tubes. Which I’m fine with, Jericho doesn’t need to be breathing in that dust at his age

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh yeah, those were definitely not normal light tubes. Which I’m fine with, Jericho doesn’t need to be breathing in that dust at his age

The dust he breathes in on tour is bad enough for his health.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Jericho doing a worked mercury dust spit spot ruled.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Nobody needs to be breathing that stuff in at any age really.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Pylons posted:

gently caress

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gumball Gumption posted:

Now I want this to all somehow ends with Hangman with the belt and a double turn just so they can recreate Brodie winning and all of the dark order loving up the Rhodes family. It wouldn't make sense but that scene was one of the coolest things ever

ngl 'page and the dark order need to start fighting at least a little dirty' would be a worthwhile direction to go in

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/bio_bucks/status/1420593550295633924

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love the little touch to show you just where Kenny is in his title run - his still shot for his match promos has him clutching his belt. He is DESPERATE not to face Hangman for the title in a one on one match.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The final labor should be Jericho having to give up alcohol

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

StarkRavingMad posted:

tbh nick should stop breathing it in too lol

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Pylons posted:

:smith:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/stu_dos/status/1420591356968325121

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
im wrong about a ton of poo poo in aew but it was pretty obvious hangman was gonna lose tonight and he's not getting another shot any time soon. i called it weeks ago that christian would get a title shot before hangman would, and he'll get it at all out. hangman probably won't until maybe full gear if not revolution 2022

StarkRavingMad posted:

Britt said she’s bringing in someone else to watch her back. Guesses on this?

iiconics being part of team dmd would be loving awesome and as someone stated earlier itt, the start of the womens factions

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Brodie being the exalted one really cemented his legacy in a way I just now understand. He’s gone but there’s a huge group of can’t fail talent that carry on in his influence, not even mentioning his son who will probably wrestle someday. If there is a way for him to see our world I imagine he’s loving the hell out of what his legacy will be for a long, long time.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what they do in Rochester.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ya'll notice it doesn't say Adam Page and the Dark Order? It says The Dark Order. My boy is in!

https://twitter.com/raulisonline/status/1420588918471225344

Jesus Christ this might be my favorite entrance of all time. Him slowly walking out the dark is so cool!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Shard posted:

Ya'll notice it doesn't say Adam Page and the Dark Order? It says The Dark Order. My boy is in!

https://twitter.com/raulisonline/status/1420588918471225344

Jesus Christ this might be my favorite entrance of all time. Him slowly walking out the dark is so cool!

I get that you gotta milk this poo poo for another month, but how on Earth do you give these guys such a dope entrance and not have them win?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I would say the main problem with booking Hangman to lose that match is that they are going to have a really hard time coming up with anything as cool as that intro when it comes time to actually pull the trigger on him

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1420560358465433603

God drat do I love wrestling right now!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hangman had to lose the match because his fear is losing and disappointing his friends, one of the things that lead to his falling out with The Elite. Now he's lost and disappointed the Dark Order but the reaction will be different because they're actual good friends.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

graph posted:

im wrong about a ton of poo poo in aew but it was pretty obvious hangman was gonna lose tonight and he's not getting another shot any time soon. i called it weeks ago that christian would get a title shot before hangman would, and he'll get it at all out. hangman probably won't until maybe full gear if not revolution 2022

I love Kenny title matches and all but another 6-8 months of this angle would be real WCW NWO poo poo, and not in the good way.

If they don't pull the trigger now, the most I can see is the gauntlet of Hangman vs the other guys he's lost to, like folks here have mentioned, and finishing the angle at the following PPV. They have too many new guys being built now and more coming in soon, and AEW is more of a breath of fresh air vs the competition with a real face champ.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I kinda want to go back and watch the Brody Lee Tribute now.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

That crowd was HOT for Dark Order. After the loss, it didn't really seem like "oh next week, we'll figure out a way to claw back from this" it just kind of happened and the show moved on. If they go into Christian vs Kenny now I think that would be a disappointment for some people.

edit: VVV I missed that because my kid wouldn't stop asking where Boom Boom was

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 29, 2021

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The announcers tried to soften it by saying this definitely wasn't over between Kenny and Hangman but meh.

Edit- this kinda reminds me of when SCU did the 'we win the titles or we disband' angle and they didn't win the titles so they disbanded.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hangman had to lose the match because his fear is losing and disappointing his friends, one of the things that lead to his falling out with The Elite. Now he's lost and disappointed the Dark Order but the reaction will be different because they're actual good friends.

poo poo that's a pretty good point

xbilkis posted:

I would say the main problem with booking Hangman to lose that match is that they are going to have a really hard time coming up with anything as cool as that intro when it comes time to actually pull the trigger on him

I'm not too worried about it being topped, Hangman/Dark Order are so over that they could figure it out pretty easily. On another note, Dark Order REALLY needs a theme music change; the spooky JOIN US music needs an update to go with their face turn, possibly something a little more fiery.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shard posted:

I kinda want to go back and watch the Brody Lee Tribute now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9iOUm489pU

Here, cry.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JR specifically said that Hangman/Kenny was far from over, so I don’t think Hangman is necessarily getting cooled back off. It’s not like Kenny isn’t behaving in increasingly erratic ways and wouldn’t do something like challenge Page anyway even if the latter followed the stip and walked away from his current #1 ranking.

Obviously don’t know what the plan is, but I don’t see Hangman going all the way to the back of the line immediately.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the most surprising thing about that tag match was actually the absence of Kazarian, who I'd have thought would be a lock to cause chaos, or hell even 5/10/Colt sticking around.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

They already did this bit and its why Hangman realized he needed the Dark Order and manned up to challenge Omega finally. I'd rather the guys not taking the match serious and pretending its Space Jam 3 would lose to the team dead set on winning after finally uniting after weeks of teasing it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I think the Christian match happens before the PPV and they still go with Hangman. Another reason this loss is different for Hangman - all his big hangups were loses he just lost legit. Jericho, FTR, Omega in the finals. They were just better than him. Tonight was he got hosed over by the uber cheaters.

But all the pieces are there. The Dark Order can stop and and all Elite cheating if that's how you decide to book it. AEW isn't a company that just swerves for swervings sake. And I don't think the keep heating this angle up this long without paying it off at the next ppv.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Juvi has some antivax/antimask stuff on his twitter from 2020. o well. at least he's losing.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

this isn't WWE, AEW isn't going to drop their long term star in Hangman for Christian Cage, CM Punk or Bryan Danielson. next week the Elite will come out and gloat and the story will continue. you're getting worked

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

JR specifically said that Hangman/Kenny was far from over, so I don’t think Hangman is necessarily getting cooled back off. It’s not like Kenny isn’t behaving in increasingly erratic ways and wouldn’t do something like challenge Page anyway even if the latter followed the stip and walked away from his current #1 ranking.

Obviously don’t know what the plan is, but I don’t see Hangman going all the way to the back of the line immediately.

Then they shouldn't have added the stipulation.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hefty Leftist posted:

this isn't WWE, AEW isn't going to drop their long term star in Hangman for Christian Cage, CM Punk or Bryan Danielson. next week the Elite will come out and gloat and the story will continue. you're getting worked

They would be fools to not drop Hangman like an old toy and instead hot shot the belt onto one of the old men who've already retired once.

3 way for the belt, winner gets it and the 2 losers have to retire again.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the hangman story was fun but i guess it's over. we're not gonna see him for 6 months until he shows up on elevation to get squashed by bear boulder

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's not like Hangman's Shida, he'll be here next week.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pamela Springstein posted:

Juvi has some antivax/antimask stuff on his twitter from 2020. o well. at least he's losing.

"oh well I'm sure Juventud Guerrera became a good person at some point in the last 25 years" -absolutely nobody who knows who juventud guerrera is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
can't believe chris jericho would lower himself to working with someone who has questionable opinions about covid