Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is extremely goofy that they brought in Chris Pine to play Rod Stewart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Chris Pine is actually a pretty talented voice actor.

This isn't even the first time he was on American Dad. He was Alistair Covax in Rabbit Ears.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bull3964 posted:

Chris Pine is actually a pretty talented voice actor.

This isn't even the first time he was on American Dad. He was Alistair Covax in Rabbit Ears.

Chris Pine has fantastic range as a voice character:

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Chris-Pine/#:~:text=Chris%20Pine%20is%20a%20voice,clips%20that%20showcase%20his%20performances.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

His work in SuperMansion is what really threw me. I was like "That is Chris Pine?"

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Yeah Chris Pine is in this show a lot as some random throw away character. I'm pretty sure he was someone in "Thank God for Falling Rocks."

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think he just enjoys doing the show.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I love Paget Brewster just randomly popping up.

I mean, she's been a recurring guest voice on the show for 16 years.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1420103445168758787

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

As much as I love this show and love Steve and Roger as characters, they did NOT deserve to win this award. No relationship involving Roger is worthy of an award, he's a dangerous immoral sociopath and any time spent around him is time spent risking a massive amount harm or even death.

Heck, in the episode this clip is from Roger first fakes his own death sending the Smith family into a grief spiral, then traps the entire family in a computer where they end up dying multiple times, and he then decides he no longer cares if the family lives or dies. It was all hilarious, but not exactly ride or die behavior.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

As much as I love this show and love Steve and Roger as characters, they did NOT deserve to win this award. No relationship involving Roger is worthy of an award, he's a dangerous immoral sociopath and any time spent around him is time spent risking a massive amount harm or even death.

Heck, in the episode this clip is from Roger first fakes his own death sending the Smith family into a grief spiral, then traps the entire family in a computer where they end up dying multiple times, and he then decides he no longer cares if the family lives or dies. It was all hilarious, but not exactly ride or die behavior.

it's gonna be okay

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

They ride and they die. what is hard to understand about this

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

sexpig by night posted:

it's gonna be okay

Just so we're clear, the post which you quoted was meant as a joke in which a silly thing is taken overly seriously in a way that is meant to appear humorous. I am not experiencing any genuine discomfort or distress.

I recognize that it can be hard to judge tone on the internet, I appreciate your concern and apologize for the confusion.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

They ride and they die. what is hard to understand about this

That is true, American dad has a remarkably high ratio of both riding and dying.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

The_Doctor posted:

I’m picturing a gang tag of picture Florida, it zooms in on Tampa, and then ‘Klaus’s boys’ comes up.

I would legit shell out for that

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Gotta disagree with them this is the real ride or die pair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlZk3GLqSXo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

I’m picturing a gang tag of picture Florida, it zooms in on Tampa, and then ‘Klaus’s boys’ comes up.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Ah my favorite scooby doo spin-off

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The different art styles in Flush After Reading kind of reminded me of the episode of Family Guy where Brian & Stewie keep winding up in parallel universes.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

:perfect:

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Just so we're clear, the post which you quoted was meant as a joke in which a silly thing is taken overly seriously in a way that is meant to appear humorous. I am not experiencing any genuine discomfort or distress.

Settle down Beavis.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheFattestPat posted:

Settle down Beavis.

Man, I wish I had bothered to watch Beavis and Butthead so I would know how to respond to this quote...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Shut up, fartknocker!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

If that's the gang tag I'm down.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hell yeah I wanna be a Klaus's boy

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Brawnfire posted:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Brawnfire posted:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Klaus usually says "bros"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'll take a gangtang that just says francine on it

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I'll take a gangtang that just says francine on it

Good ol' Francine!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Looks like Hobby Lobby was trying to wake Humbaba: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hobby-lobby-epic-of-gilgamesh-dream-tablet-forfeited-justice-department/

Francine, noted expert on the Binderman translation of The Epic of Gilgamesh, probably saw this coming.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

OK so I read that article and I gotta ask; why did they plan on putting part of the Epic of Gilgamesh in a bible museum? Wouldn't that count as sacrilege considering it talks about other gods? Or hell, wouldn't it contradict with their views on how old the Earth is? I mean, I doubt anyone who would go to a place like that would really know or care about what it was, but still.

Dark477
Oct 15, 2018
If it’s the flood part then they may use it as proof of the story of noah

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Thundersword238 posted:

OK so I read that article and I gotta ask; why did they plan on putting part of the Epic of Gilgamesh in a bible museum? Wouldn't that count as sacrilege considering it talks about other gods? Or hell, wouldn't it contradict with their views on how old the Earth is? I mean, I doubt anyone who would go to a place like that would really know or care about what it was, but still.

No clue, but this isn't the first time Hobby Lobby has done something like this: https://www.npr.org/2018/06/28/623537440/hobby-lobbys-illegal-antiquities-shed-light-on-a-lost-looted-ancient-city-in-ira

If I had to guess their thought process based on their actions I would say they pretty much just grab any old thing they can find for their bible museum, regardless of whether it has anything to do with the bible or not.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dark477 posted:

If it’s the flood part then they may use it as proof of the story of noah

This is almost certainly the point. YEC thought is that if other myths are similar to tye Bible then that's proof science is all wrong and God is real.

Though floods are a thing and it's not really surprising that many ancient civilizations have myths about floods. Do they also have them about fire?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

twistedmentat posted:

This is almost certainly the point. YEC thought is that if other myths are similar to tye Bible then that's proof science is all wrong and God is real.

Though floods are a thing and it's not really surprising that many ancient civilizations have myths about floods. Do they also have them about fire?

Nor is it surprising that cultures in geographical proximity would end up sharing story elements.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Was there an episode where Stan is riding a mechanical elephant ride like they have at a grocery store? Like one of the coin operate ones? Maybe it's not an elephant

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was there an episode where Stan is riding a mechanical elephant ride like they have at a grocery store? Like one of the coin operate ones? Maybe it's not an elephant

Man in the Moonbounce.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Help I think about “It’s me Barry. I’m the rear end in a top hat she’s talking about. My body can’t digest natural milks.” at least once a day and I can’t stop.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Help I think about “It’s me Barry. I’m the rear end in a top hat she’s talking about. My body can’t digest natural milks.” at least once a day and I can’t stop.

For me its "Don't throw factual statements at me like they are insults!"

How does someone add a gang tag? I'm serious about the Klaus's Boyz one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

limp_cheese posted:

For me its "Don't throw factual statements at me like they are insults!"

How does someone add a gang tag? I'm serious about the Klaus's Boyz one.

I've used that line in real life a few times.

I would also like a gang tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Definitely for real this time

Plot Heavy
Season 18, Episode 16
After Stan sells off the coveted family plot, the family opens their own cemetery in the backyard with the help of basketball Hall-of-Famer Scottie Pippen.