Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Larryb posted:

Also Brooding Bunny (or the pin it evolves from anyway) is a pretty good pin for Nagi. It takes a bit to charge but you can wrack up some extra damage by switching to another character while the boomerangs are tearing into your target.

The enemy damage reduction you get from playing on Easy can have its advantages despite what others said before (for example, I was able to clear a Noise chain about 6 levels above where I was at the time without much difficulty and I’m on the end of Week 1 with zero deaths).

Speaking of, to save me some time searching where’s the boss of Week 1 Day 7 hiding (in fact is there just a complete walkthrough of this game somewhere so I don’t have to keep asking these questions)?

It's linear, you'll find it eventually.

I want a vague answer to something that's bugging me plot wise (I'm Week 2 Day 2) just looking for a W1D3 kinda way but I'm legit asking When does Rindo finally talk to Swallow. I'm at the point where I just mash through whatever the gently caress they're talking about because it's quite literally "Hey Swallow I have a question..." "Yea :)?" "Nevermind." then him monologing to himself if he should really ask and WHAT IF THEY'RE ON ANOTHER TEAM.

Like I want to know who they are but this plot thread has now spun it's wheels to the point I'm actively annoyed and just want them to stop bringing it up 3 times a day. I don't think I can last all of week 2 suffering this slog. I don't want to know details or anything but I long since stopped caring and just want to know what day I'll be free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want a vague answer to something that's bugging me plot wise (I'm Week 2 Day 2) just looking for a W1D3 kinda way but I'm legit asking When does Rindo finally talk to Swallow. I'm at the point where I just mash through whatever the gently caress they're talking about because it's quite literally "Hey Swallow I have a question..." "Yea :)?" "Nevermind." then him monologing to himself if he should really ask and WHAT IF THEY'RE ON ANOTHER TEAM.

Like I want to know who they are but this plot thread has now spun it's wheels to the point I'm actively annoyed and just want them to stop bringing it up 3 times a day. I don't think I can last all of week 2 suffering this slog. I don't want to know details or anything but I long since stopped caring and just want to know what day I'll be free.

Literally the day after where you're at is where Rindo finally breaks the question. :v:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
my preorder got delayed by another two days. extremely cool, very glad i decided to go physical.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Thing I learned: your VIP level goes up a bit by using pins (and maybe clothes) of a given brand. Was enough to push ConyxCony to level 2 when I was really close to it.

I'm still all the way back at W1D4.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rea posted:

Literally the day after where you're at is where Rindo finally breaks the question. :v:

Perfect! :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
God I love Fret.

GALAXY BRAIN, ACTIVATE

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

He also keeps moving around constantly so if someone could just list all the locations his selfies are in that’d be appreciated.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If you're looking for a walkthrough just type that into google. There's already full playthroughs of the game up so you'll probably find something.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Current thoughts having finished W1D5-

I like all of the characters. Rindo could be more open with his team about stuff (Swallow, time powers, etc) but he’s still a decent dude overall I think. Could also be a little more proactive, but also he’s not actively hostile like early Neku was. I don’t feel angry playing as him.
I love Fret and we would all die for him. Actually HE could be a little more hostile, he keeps letting Kanon walk all over him. The little cartoons he makes when he Reminds people are adorable.
I like what I’ve seen of Nagi so far but also I kinda think her unending thirst for Minaminoto is a gimmick that’s going to get old. Honestly I thought she was going to be revealed to be Swallow right until we saw all her dating sim poo poo.
Minamimoto! Honestly I was annoyed when he first showed up in the bonus chapter in Final Remix but then I remembered that he’s great. He’s basically a feral cat, he appears whenever I’m about to start a fight, and every time I buy food, and otherwise he just vanishes whenever it would be helpful to have a guy nearby who knows what’s going on. The question of the hour is not “Will this man betray me?” it’s “Will he simply peace out when we need him the most or will he actively throw us under the bus?” Many folks might have a character arc where they become less of an rear end in a top hat and actually like this rag-tag team of misfits but I think Minamimoto’s shot at that character arc would have been sometime back in the last game before he violated the laws of heaven and died. I better get his pants if I kick his rear end again.
Glad to see Kariya again, he’s cool. Hope Uzuki is kicking around. Maybe she finally got that promotion. I haven’t seen all of the available brands yet, I’m very curious which ones survived between games and which ones didn’t. Are Shiki and Eri running Gatto Nero???

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

YggiDee posted:

Are Shiki and Eri running Gatto Nero???

Yup! In a fun bit of continuity with the first game, Shiki starting up Gatto Nero is exactly what Hanekoma said happens to Players who get reincarnated: they go on to produce wonderful things, and stir the masses' Imagination.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Neat, didn’t catch on that that was Shiki at first.

On Week 2 now, Beat looks weird without his hat (also on closer inspection it’s pretty easy to tell that the hooded guy wasn’t Neku, his hair’s the wrong color for one thing)

So much for this game not being as tedious as its predecessor but the story and characters are fun at least and the combat system is much better this time.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 29, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm continually impressed by how well they managed to make the usages of modern slang not sound awful. I could totally imagine a worse version of this story and characters where Fret used words like "Yeet" and "thot" and "twerk" and so forth way too much, but no, they keep it restrained.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Lotus Aura posted:

Jeez, (D6) getting Scramble Slam points is awful. Nearly cleared the map entirely and I have barely 10k despite hitting reduction 4 chains and getting a 5x combo bonus regularly. How are you supposed to even get close to 60k?

My strategy was chaining 4 elephant noises into a turf noise/other player since they have a ridiculous amount of HP and can be comboed a ton once you learn how to deal with them, and are using a pin setup that triggers beat drops easily. Hell you can even do this on easy or normal to take way less damage. You're apparently penalized a bit on scramble slam points on lower difficulties, but I barely noticed a difference. Especially if you get lucky where the elephants are the noise with the triple point bonus.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Scramble Slam is the worst thing they could of come up with because I have a feeling those pins are only gettable from them, and as much as I enjoy the combat having nothing but fight fight fight fight is draining. Got to it on Week 2 and just put the game down for the night because I wanna see more but not in the mood for that.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Scramble Slam is the worst thing they could of come up with because I have a feeling those pins are only gettable from them, and as much as I enjoy the combat having nothing but fight fight fight fight is draining. Got to it on Week 2 and just put the game down for the night because I wanna see more but not in the mood for that.

The Stop-and-Go Ensemble pins can only be obtained from the Scramble Slam first prizes, yes.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah, I got halfway through that one myself before deciding to give up and leave it for post-game because I wanted to actually continue the story.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It feels like there's a lot more puzzles and riddles than there was in the original. How do y'all feel about that?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I remember the original also being filled with puzzles and riddles.

I feel like there's a lot more combat.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I just feel like there's a lot more game in general!

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Game is good. Just finished up W1D4. Looking forward to cracking into it more. Luckily my vacation starts after this Friday!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
In regards to Scramble Slam. I got up to 30k points on day six with some effort, and the announcer gave me some special lance pin that isn't as good as Sacrifice and Honor. But, it also said it was Scramble Slam 1 on the score board. S0 I'm guessing the fat number for the gold is becuase that score will carry over to the next slam.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

In regards to Scramble Slam, honestly, just do them when you get Ultimate difficulty. It ups the point gain modifier to be "annoying" rather than "Haha you better do the maximum number of chains every single time and also get perfect combos on Hard or you ain't getting these rewards."

Honestly they're just a HORRENDOUSLY balanced mechanic. If you slashed the requirements in half it'd still be annoying but at least it wouldn't be a nightmare.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Topscoring in Scramble Slam is certainly possible on the first go, but it does require some planning. You'll want pins that can easily initiate beat drops, as you want to trigger as many of those as possible. Damage over time pins are also great depending on what strategy you want to use to farm scramble points. The burst healing pin is also great for scramble slam, as it guarantees 2 beat drop opportunities per battle since it doesn't deal damage. If you trigger a special attack on high HP enemies, you can actually combo a rapid damage pin with some of the specials to get several beat drop points and build up scramble points pretty fast. I had the uber laser and the poison bubbles in my setup for that strategy and I just constantly triggered beat drops whenever I activated a groove. Try to save any 3x enemies for last, since scoring on them does scale off of your combo, though it isn't a huge deal if the 3x enemy happens to be a weak noise.

You'll also want to make sure to chain as many high HP noises in the battles as possible. So sharks, t-rexes, elephants, and scorpions. You can actually get a chain of 6 with a rival player if you time the 5th noise hitting you right as you get into a player's line of sight, but this is frame perfect and I haven't been able to replicate this after pulling it off by accident. If you do pull it off, enjoy the extra opportunity for more points.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 29, 2021

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

How much do you keep when going back to previous days? Cause it feels like it's better to wait until you get plenty of upgrades such as more chain battle cap and (Week 2 D7 spoilers) the fifth party member and the ability to use multiple pins of the same button before trying the high scores.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also can you just go back to a certain day, do the side quest or whatever you need, and then bail out and still have it count or do you have to finish the entire day again?

I assume like the last game, your current level and equipment also carry over when you replay a previous mission. Does that apply to your fourth party member as well (like could you potentially take Beat into Week 1 with you or would you be back to Minamimoto)?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
According to the popup about going back to previous days when you first get the option, yes, you take all your pins/levels/stats/clothes/party members with you.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kantesu posted:

According to the popup about going back to previous days when you first get the option, yes, you take all your pins/levels/stats/clothes/party members with you.

Ah missed that somehow, so just like the first game then. Does a sidequest still count as complete if you bail out before the day is over though (and I assume if you have to still play each day right from beginning)?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Larryb posted:

Ah missed that somehow, so just like the first game then. Does a sidequest still count as complete if you bail out before the day is over though (and I assume if you have to still play each day right from beginning)?

Yes, you can hop into a day to do a sidequest, and as soon as it's done, go back to where you were in the story. You don't have to complete the day for sidequests to be recorded as complete.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Larryb posted:

It still counts insofar as that you don't lose the direct benefits (social links etc.), but if it unlocks things on later days like the curry restaurant events it won't count anymore if you skip it on replay (didn't test this myself, but read about it).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

fezball posted:

It still counts insofar as that you don't lose the direct benefits (social links etc.), but if it unlocks things on later days like the curry restaurant events it won't count anymore if you skip it on replay (didn't test this myself, but read about it).

Good to know, thanks. Also when you go back to where you were in the story afterwards do you have to start the whole day over again?

From looking it up it doesn’t appear that NEO has much of a postgame, there’s an unlockable secret ending for doing everything like the first game had and Another Day which gameplay wise seems to mostly just be a boss rush (it’s still an AU like the last one except this time it actually has its own ending and credits)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rea posted:

Yes, you can hop into a day to do a sidequest, and as soon as it's done, go back to where you were in the story. You don't have to complete the day for sidequests to be recorded as complete.

oh sweet, i'll do that soon.

I'm around halfway through W2D1 and I find it very hard to believe that we'll actually get Neku to join us lol, but clearly I'm close to a new 4th party member. in regards to money I'm guessing I can go over 99,999 soon? Just saw a store selling stuff for 100,000 and I can probably sell my dupes to shoot way past that when the cap is lifted

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

oh sweet, i'll do that soon.

I'm around halfway through W2D1 and I find it very hard to believe that we'll actually get Neku to join us lol, but clearly I'm close to a new 4th party member. in regards to money I'm guessing I can go over 99,999 soon? Just saw a store selling stuff for 100,000 and I can probably sell my dupes to shoot way past that when the cap is lifted

That ain’t Neku, yo (look closely at the hair color) but to be fair I was fooled at first too

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 29, 2021

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

MorningMoon posted:

in regards to money I'm guessing I can go over 99,999 soon? Just saw a store selling stuff for 100,000 and I can probably sell my dupes to shoot way past that when the cap is lifted

Yeah. First wallet cap raise is from a sidequest early on W2D2.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Finally got a copy of this the other day, starting to play it now, and I'm already facing a tough decision.

Ramen, or Indian?

On the one hand, ramen was a staple of the first The World Ends With You, and not going with ramen almost feels sacrilegious.

On the other hand, one of the main recurring themes of the first game was expanding your horizons and opening yourself up to new experiences, so going Indian feels like it would be taking that to heart.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Is there some kind of trick to Fret’s ability? It feels like I’m going to accidentally break my control sticks trying to put these puzzle pieces together.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Which day has Garage Sale

I have so many duplicate pins and I'm annoyed manually selling them lol

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it's totally normal to put the game on hold every time you get a new pin and grind until that pin and all its evolutions are mastered, right

this is a normal thing to do

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It’s unlocked via a social link during the first week but I forget which one exactly

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

Is there some kind of trick to Fret’s ability? It feels like I’m going to accidentally break my control sticks trying to put these puzzle pieces together.

Nope. It's basically akin to adjusting the antenna on an analog TV. Just rotate them slowly. One at a time if you have to.

Terper posted:

I just feel like there's a lot more game in general!

Days are definitely considerably longer than they were in TWEWY. I wish each day had like a chapter select or something on replays, cause replaying entire days can end up being a huge pain in the butt if you missed something late in a long day.

Oxxidation posted:

it's totally normal to put the game on hold every time you get a new pin and grind until that pin and all its evolutions are mastered, right

this is a normal thing to do

Yes. If these games didn't have leveling down as an option I would have been overleveled for everything. Granted with how levels work, you just get more room for mistakes instead of curbstomping battles in a few seconds.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

W1D5. The client is at Scramble Crossing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also if you have some decent pins, levels are relative anyway (for example, I just took down a recommended Level 24 Dive battle with a Level 17 team without a whole lot of difficulty)