Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m still holding out hope for a Cobra prequel called Marion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They should do a die hard where he is even more a fanfic character and an old fat guy like the novel

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ruddiger posted:

I’m still holding out hope for a Cobra prequel called Marion.
“Like, the story of why I eat pizza with scissors, it’s a sad one”

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm glad they won't be able to poo poo on the Die Hard franchise with that at least

How much do you want to bet that it would just be a younger John in a similar hostage situation, because these people are hacks

Definitely would include a scene of Young McClane considering crawling through a vent but shaking his head and saying "no that's crazy."

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Gatts posted:

Well if we look at Stargate SG1 we see that Vancouver (if it is being filmed there) is like every single alien world there is. So it could be on another world too!

I want an Aliens vs Predator movie as good as the side scrolling beat em up.

they're filming it near calgary so I'm afraid we're limited to coniferous forest world, possibly gravel pit world. no sand dune world or simon fraser university world.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

In the 80s when Claremont introduced that character element, he was like a resistance fighter in his teens, and by 2000 he had to be basically a toddler to make the timeline kind of fit. I can imagine that after another cycle of movies we'll get people wondering why this guy cares about something that happened 100 years ago.

This is the same thing as Captain America, who in the 60s was just a young guy who had the same attitudes as guys in their 40s because he was only frozen for like 18 years but now has to be a total alien because he missed 80 years of history. Or the Punisher, who has to be in his mid 70s if he's a vietnam veteran.

I think Frank's been updated to an American soldier in the middle east? He's at least been killed and brought back to like twice. Once when he came back as an angel and once as a Frankenstein monster. I think he's got cosmic powers now?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Nobody should want anything to do with Die Hard after that loving terrible car battery commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7kFGGFI9Xo

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

A Predator movie that's also a period piece does seem like it could be pretty great though. Maybe it'll be set in like, 15th century South America or something like that.

Apocalypto plus Predator

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dinosaurs! posted:

Apocalypto plus Predator

Do we get Mel Gibson to make a Predator movie?

Also gently caress Mel Gibson too.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Predator can hunt at will because of diplomatic immunity

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rageaholic posted:

Nobody should want anything to do with Die Hard after that loving terrible car battery commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7kFGGFI9Xo
If you pay him, Bruce will do anything

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

If you pay him, Bruce will do anything

For a day or two of shooting, anyway.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Flying Zamboni posted:

Definitely would include a scene of Young McClane considering crawling through a vent but shaking his head and saying "no that's crazy."

Young John McClane walks through an empty lot

Young boy: “One day, I’m going to build a big plaza right here! It’ll have my name on it!”

McClane: “Yeah, sure kid. Dream big.” [Shakes head and keeps walking]

Mother [offscreen]: “Johnny? Johnny Nakatomi? You come back here right now!”

Young boy: Aw, ma! I wasn’t doin’ nothin’.

[Boy runs off, disappointed. Shot lingers portentously on the empty lot]

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Dinosaurs! posted:

Apocalypto plus Predator

Apocalypto is the only Mel Gibson thing I still value. I so didn't want to like that movie, but it was too awesome to ignore.

I want to see this now and I'm sad that's definitely not what they're going to make. A Predator fighting some kind of Aztec jaguar warrior for 90 minutes sounds excellent. A Nahuatl-language scifi-actioner set in 15th-century Mexico sounds excellent. Nobody's ever going to make that and I'm sad.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Dinosaurs! posted:

Apocalypto plus Predator

No, Aguirre, Wrath of Predator

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Flying Zamboni posted:

Young McClane, while high: "You ever wonder what a TV dinner feels like?"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Young John McClane walks through an empty lot

Young boy: “One day, I’m going to build a big plaza right here! It’ll have my name on it!”

McClane: “Yeah, sure kid. Dream big.” [Shakes head and keeps walking]

Mother [offscreen]: “Johnny? Johnny Nakatomi? You come back here right now!”

Young boy: Aw, ma! I wasn’t doin’ nothin’.

[Boy runs off, disappointed. Shot lingers portentously on the empty lot]

But the twist is that the post credit scene is the naming ceremony for Nakatomi Tower where we learn that young Johnny Nakatomi was the kid that Carl Winslow shot and they built the tower will settlement money from the city.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Unironically excited for this.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1420511952435044355

Pinball used to be banned as it was considered a game of chance that took money to play, i. e., gambling. Roger Sharpe played in front of legislators and called his shots, proving to them that it was a game of skill and convincing them to overturn the ban.

He's the founder of the International Flipper Pinball Association, which will be returning to sanctioning competitive pinball events again starting in August.
https://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/

Why yes I do play competitive pinball, and I'm currently ranked 1,599th in the world. I was shooting to break into the top 1,000 last year until the pandemic put a kibosh on sanctioned events. :argh:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Doggles posted:

Pinball used to be banned as it was considered a game of chance that took money to play, i. e., gambling. Roger Sharpe played in front of legislators and called his shots, proving to them that it was a game of skill and convincing them to overturn the ban.

He's the founder of the International Flipper Pinball Association, which will be returning to sanctioning competitive pinball events again starting in August.

Why yes I do play competitive pinball, and I'm currently ranked 1,599th in the world. I was shooting to break into the top 1,000 last year until the pandemic put a kibosh on sanctioned events. :argh:

They should bring back that law and apply it to all the legal gambling aimed at kids we have now.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Master and Commander: Only this time a Predator

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Awesome pinball post, ever see this pinball movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04cdULw1fo4

Not recommending, just wondering.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Awesome pinball post, ever see this pinball movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04cdULw1fo4

Not recommending, just wondering.

Had never heard of it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHy4jW6ChB8

I feel like I need to make and wear some "pinball champ" pants for a tournament though.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Doggles posted:

How does high ranked Pinball work? Is it like Pro Bowling where everyone is so good they basically all play a perfect game and the winner is decided by whoever makes that one mistake? Or is it something like each of you are all trying to come up with some route/rhythm that scores more points than each others?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Tars Tarkas posted:

When I was a kid I wanted a movie about the Predator that got the gun from the 1700s in Predator 2, this is probably centuries earlier but I'll still watch it

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1420449333946818560
He's an orphan with no last name and he goes to join the police and they ask him what's your name and he says "John McAlone" and they mishear him and say "Alrighty! John McClane!"

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Didn't they already make a Die Hard prequel with Frank Sinatra?

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
The terror is a good predator series

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What turned Bruce into such a cynical sellout? Unless he owes money to the IRS I don't know what keeps driving him to do one-day movie-shoots.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

He's an orphan with no last name and he goes to join the police and they ask him what's your name and he says "John McAlone" and they mishear him and say "Alrighty! John McClane!"

'You must have a last name. What about your people?'
'Honestly the only guy I know in town is a dickhead called Mark Lane'
'John Mark Lane...John Mark Lane...John McClean, I like it'

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The only time i’ve ever heard Bruce Willis enjoyed making a movie and got along with the people on set was The Fifth Element. He apparently even threw a huge wrap party for everyone at the villa he had been renting during the production.

He’s been a grumpy rear end in a top hat for a long time.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What turned Bruce into such a cynical sellout? Unless he owes money to the IRS I don't know what keeps driving him to do one-day movie-shoots.

Judging by everything I hear about his behavior on sets and even people who just run into him on the street, it looks like he hit the “stopped giving a poo poo” phase of his life a long time ago.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tars Tarkas posted:

Predator can hunt at will because of diplomatic immunity

Look Murtaugh isn't the only one who can revoke diplomatic immunity.

Pretty sure the pope can do it as well. So yeah Pope v Predator should be a thing.

I did actually google this just to check if it was actually a thing. Anyway just got a whole bunch of stuff about all the catholic sexual abuse stuff and now I'm sad. :(

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

He used to go by just "John Lane" until he took a job at a fastfood restaurant.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Might have mentioned this before waaaay upthread, but I know a screenwriter, a massive Die Hard fan to the point that the name of his production company is a reference to something from the first film, who was commissioned to write a draft of the Die Hard prequel. He thought it was a terrible idea for the same reasons as everyone else bar apparently the producers, but took the job because $$$. Willis would have been in it as part of a framing story, but it was mostly "young cop McClane's first big shooty-bang-bang adventure".

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

He's been on it for awhile, and if I'm not mistaken he's one of the first people to discover the gold egg - laying goose of making adverts for Japanese companies. Bill Murray 's character in lost in translation doing whiskey adverts in Tokyo was a reference to that

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

He's been on it for awhile, and if I'm not mistaken he's one of the first people to discover the gold egg - laying goose of making adverts for Japanese companies. Bill Murray 's character in lost in translation doing whiskey adverts in Tokyo was a reference to that
He's old, he likes being rich and famous, but he doesn't want to do any more work than absolutely necessary. Unless he's really fired-up about the material, which I don't think he has been for a long time (The Sixth Sense), he's happy to drone out his lines and glower at people for a week of shooting in return for a few million dollars before going back to his mansion.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Post your favorite Bruce Willis Movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdDEtEZWi88

Oh and bonus question, where did he stop giving a poo poo?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Who on earth was clamoring for McClane: A Die Hard Story

:confused:

McU: McClane Universe

There's no action. It turns out McClane and Holly's marriage was kind of abusive. Also he's a corrupt cop and Zeus was right about him. Culture Warriors get mad

John is played by present day Bruce Willis with no de-aging

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Xealot posted:

Apocalypto is the only Mel Gibson thing I still value. I so didn't want to like that movie, but it was too awesome to ignore.

I want to see this now and I'm sad that's definitely not what they're going to make. A Predator fighting some kind of Aztec jaguar warrior for 90 minutes sounds excellent. A Nahuatl-language scifi-actioner set in 15th-century Mexico sounds excellent. Nobody's ever going to make that and I'm sad.

For some reason Apocalypto is about the mayans, even though they mostly resembles the aztec. The mayan empire was mostly gone by the time the europeans arrived and the aztec was the only ones still sacrificing humans at that time.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Funny that he's surrounded by dudes in nearly all of those covers. Baldie's just not a sex icon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Start at 1:42:

https://youtu.be/Q26Ls6tdeMA

Talk about a gag that aged like fine wine.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jul 29, 2021