Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

Tony khan is a coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Tony Khan taunts WWE until they pull back their fist to beat him up and he goes "heyheyheyyy c'maahn I'm a little guy, I'm just a little guyy, noo, it's also my birthday, I'm a little birthday boyy"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Chris Jericho did blackface on July 28, 2021.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Actually it was just a mask but under the mask he was in yellowface. it was really hosed up, they cut away on TV.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Zwarte Jericho

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

He's been mentioned a few times and I know he's retired, but does Lance Storm have another match in him? If they're mining Jericho's early career for this next part of his run, either a Thrillseekers Reunite or a Thrillseekers Implode match would be fun.

I'm unaware of Storm's physical condition, though, so I don't know if his retirement was because he wanted to or because he needed to.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wardlow

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1306452234192875520

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Lance T. Storm

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This was the first episode of Dynamite that my 65 year old mother has ever watched. My dad roped her into watching it. She texted me at the end.

"Wow. Crazy is all I can say. I'll watch next week too."

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

A Fancy Hat posted:

This was the first episode of Dynamite that my 65 year old mother has ever watched. My dad roped her into watching it. She texted me at the end.

Mums love a good deathmatch.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

MDK.

Moms Death Kill gang

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Mums love a good deathmatch.

Have you heard the tragedy of the Stunt Granny?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Dark Order is also a huge hit with my mom. She only knew Colt Cabana (from taking us to indy shows back in the day) and asked my Dad why he's a cowboy now.

Hangman was described as "really good looking" and Kenny Omega is "a huge moron".

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I dunno how many times people are going to get upset about AEW booking that eventually turns good but I'm sure it's gonna happen with the Omega/Hangman story too just like always.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

trust the process

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

shiksa posted:

ive got a first date with a gorgeous girl who is apparently really big into wrestling on friday and i think i might ask them if they want to go to united center to go see cm punk for our second lol

edit: i'm not going to jinx this happy scenario with a joke, good luck!

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 29, 2021

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sticky Nate posted:

trust the process

Trade Ben Simmons

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I know the phrase "strong in defeat" gets thrown around jokingly, but that was the best way to make someone look strong in defeat. Not just for Hangman, Dark Order in general looked really good.

Reynolds lost cuz of a handful of tights.
Grayson got counted out cause he was kicking too much rear end to get back in time.
Uno took a One-Winged Angel.
Silver was taking on 3 guys at once for a while.
Hangman was kicking out of EVERYTHING until Kenny cheated.

The fun part will be to see how Hangman takes this. Realistically he should be fired up to get another shot, not angry at himself for losing.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I don't think there is any way for it to be Omega vs Danielson at All Out. It would be a massive stab in the back of AEW fans and kill the entire "wins and losses matter" narrative that has been in place since day one. He would have to come in now and beat people like Jungle Boy, Christian Cage, and Hangman to get to the #1 spot, which is not going to happen.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Oil! posted:

I don't think there is any way for it to be Omega vs Danielson at All Out. It would be a massive stab in the back of AEW fans

lol

i think they’d make an exception this one time

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
When it came down to 3-1 I figured the Elite was winning, but I really hoped that Hangman would have eliminated Kenny before the Bucks took him out.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The smile on Hangman's face during that entrance...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

When it came down to 3-1 I figured the Elite was winning, but I really hoped that Hangman would have eliminated Kenny before the Bucks took him out.

It got to 2 on 1. Page took out Nick.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I had an absolute blast last night. That’s my detailed trip report.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

kidcoelacanth posted:

the best moment of the show was the dark order entrance. the rest was good but that entrance was loving insane

Love me my cultist cowboys.

I loved the booking at the end of the elimination match. I thought Kenny would get caught (So Page only beats him by DQ) and then Page manages to beat Nick. Instead I'm just sad that Page lost :(

I hope he can get his title shot for September.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

xbilkis posted:

"The outcome of my matches is unimportant. We're all just having a good time out here"

i personally connect with this very much, but i understand that it is not the best theme for a wrestling tv show

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
why not throw him at Miro? haven't they even wrestled before?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CopywrightMMXI posted:

how to have Kenny beaten was the big problem with setting up that 5v5 in the first place, he's the pro wrestling god who hasn't been beaten, he can't really go down even in a multi man event until you pop that bubble

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wazzu posted:

Love me my cultist cowboys.

I loved the booking at the end of the elimination match. I thought Kenny would get caught (So Page only beats him by DQ) and then Page manages to beat Nick. Instead I'm just sad that Page lost :(

I hope he can get his title shot for September.

I thought Knox was gonna DQ him when Kenny grabbed him off of one of the near falls

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Oh, and other dynathoughts:

- welcome back, kinda bored crowds! (I think they may have been deflated by Page losing, IMO)

- Julia Hart is not TV ready. Thunder Rosa is a weird mix of really good and sometimes comes off sloppy (her lifts for that driver the last few times I've seen it.....)

- Main event had no music between the notes, the wrestling itself just wasn't there. The classic criticism is that deathmatch guys can't work a straight match, and that certaintly was what came across here.

- PnP did not impress me at all tonight, I came out of that match liking them less. Lucha Bros, Best Friends, SSB, all teams I want to be champs before them. Or FTR again, they are great.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i thought PnP looked great in that match until they had to rush the finish, i think they even debuted 2 new team attacks

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lamuella posted:

2) FTR vs P&P. This is such incredible Big Fight Feel. poo poo, Santana is over as gently caress. Match is a little slow to start, but they slowly bring the heat. This is a good match, but the ending just felt weird. Not quite what I was hoping for.

For what it’s worth, Cash cut his arm pretty seriously so they had to skip straight to the finish, which I assume wasn’t planned to be Ortiz is pinned by a brain buster while Santana watches calmly from the floor.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Kirios posted:

AEW crowds are so loving hot it is amazing to watch on TV.

The biggest pops of the night weren't even on TV (yet).

Biggest pop of the night was Miro showing up on Dark Elevation to threaten Lee Johnson.

Second biggest pop of the night (but longer than the first) was Dobby and Sting on Dark Elevation.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I don't know how badly his arm was messed up but if it heals by the time All Out rolls around I hope they can run the match back at the PPV

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

For what it’s worth, Cash cut his arm pretty seriously so they had to skip straight to the finish, which I assume wasn’t planned to be Ortiz is pinned by a brain buster while Santana watches calmly from the floor.

In the game day thread, we were talking about a compound fracture that had broken through the skin. Doesn't seem entirely impossible, given how Cash rushes around out there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A Fancy Hat posted:

The Dark Order is also a huge hit with my mom. She only knew Colt Cabana (from taking us to indy shows back in the day) and asked my Dad why he's a cowboy now.

Hangman was described as "really good looking" and Kenny Omega is "a huge moron".

Wow, AEW truly is stealing WWE's audience

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

smarxist posted:

how to have Kenny beaten was the big problem with setting up that 5v5 in the first place, he's the pro wrestling god who hasn't been beaten, he can't really go down even in a multi man event until you pop that bubble

DQ was the answer, but alas, Rick Knox is on the payroll

Oh, and now I'm wondering how much the tepid audience reaction I heard was the weird audio Fite TV overseas viewers get

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Wazzu posted:

- welcome back, kinda bored crowds! (I think they may have been deflated by Page losing, IMO)

Thought they were quite into the show? But someone here did say that 75% of the show had audio issues at the venue itself (hence the "We can't hear you" chant during Starks' fantastic promo), that could have contributed to their not reacting as hot as you expected.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

smarxist posted:

No it's really simple actually, Kenny gets DQ'd for using the belt as The Elite's arrogance starts to become their downfall.

DO should have won that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

In the game day thread, we were talking about a compound fracture that had broken through the skin. Doesn't seem entirely impossible, given how Cash rushes around out there.

Dave is saying that it was a big cut and he was stitched up backstage.

Speaking of Dave, he's saying that there's a decent chance Tanahashi sticks around for the PPV and him coming over was a Moxley request.