Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Steelion posted:

I'm at 100% on two islands and 98% on the third, and I'm missing 2 electroculi, I assume this implies that they're on that last island, but I feel like I've double checked every location. This is hell.
You'll get an electro anemoculus compass in a few weeks. You can't really do anything with your last two anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Tanreall posted:

If you want to look at some numbers for Yoimiya these are the two best spreadsheets I've seen for her. I haven't downloaded either of them to check different numbers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14JMkKiIJtMwbQJm2VogJrM-B_-x9MOeNhyPcpIlcjrY/edit#gid=1439312080

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MAmnq4eemNQLbTZ_IOSsav7soBZwV7Am/view

Yeah those numbers are not the most exciting thing to see gonna be honest. It's not that far off from phys DPS Fischl, who is not generally used as a phys DPS in endgame because it's just worse than other DPS options.

But whatever I'll prob roll her and mess around with it because it seems fun. FWIW the sheets show that R5 Rust does in fact outdo R1 of the new bow so if you're like me and managed to get an R5 Rust through (un)luck then that's already basically an optimal weapon.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

wow, you're right. That sheet looks comprehensive so I was just going off of something wrong.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Yoimiya has the option of spreading Beidou's burst aoe on top of triggering Overloads, which is something Fischl can't do.

Something I noticed in the one video I saw try this, but Beidou+XQ+Yoimiya had Overload and Electro Charges going off, but no Vapes. I'm not sure if having the ability to stack both Transformative Reactions at the same time is competitive with Vape or Melt, but it looked cool. Though I have no idea who is benefitting from EM in this scenario.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Trihugger posted:

Something I noticed in the one video I saw try this, but Beidou+XQ+Yoimiya had Overload and Electro Charges going off, but no Vapes. I'm not sure if having the ability to stack both Transformative Reactions at the same time is competitive with Vape or Melt, but it looked cool. Though I have no idea who is benefitting from EM in this scenario.

I think it'd be possible to vape, but only on a single enemy and the odds are extremely bad with C2+ Beidou lightning bouncing around. Someone linked me to some streamer doing this and it leaves out several critical points - you can't realistically run that team, your damage is still almost entirely Beidou, and you've got 10s on/8s off for reactions. It looked really cool when he did it because his Beidou was jacked and the enemies were weak little respawning bags of energy that just ran at you.

I keep trying to find a reason to go for Yoimiya and I can't. :/

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

HerraS posted:

just match in co-op and have some whale come in and solo azdaha with their c6 zhongli its what I do

ok which one of these were you...
https://i.imgur.com/WkWNu2H.mp4

Only c2 though

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Mailer posted:

I feel like this has been said about every character at this point.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mailer posted:

sayu lol

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Looking forward to getting Yoimiya before I get Sayu, happened last time with C1 Zhongli and Yanfei.

My pity is currently at 1 also so it'll be double hilarious.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm two wishes away from an event banner pity and the next 5* I want is two banners from now. I look forward to either caving miserably and then having to push through to hit another pity, or throwing an absurd number of wishes down on that double-electro banner.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I am firmly and was always firmly skipping Yoimiya before it was leaked that Sara is with Baal. Now it's 100%.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It doesn't help that my last 2 pulls were 2 Ningguangs in a row (taking her to c5), which is even more than I was hoping for (I wanted 1 more of her off the banner in general), and I'm terrified of what that's done to my luck for the future.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Sayu looks like a great budget Jean option and being able to check off VV Enabler & Healer with one slot seems like some great utility to have around.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I want to have all the 4* and sayu's mobility is cool but it's hard to justify going for a 4* on a meh banner. you can always roll them and you can be sure they'll have rate up again before w/e 5* you don't get because yoimiya eats your pity

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mailer posted:

She's cool

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

after the Yanfei banners i can't trust them to make a 4* lineup particularly appealing. like if i was "smart" i would've skipped her first one (didn't) but then she shows up with Ayaka who i only rolled on a whim (did not get cons anyway lol). anyway in the alternate world i just don't have Yanfei period and who knows how she comes back around after that, if it's a threepeat of banners that do anything for me.

meanwhile 2.1 starts to feel skippable because Sara does like nothing except look cool, and Shogun has to run uphill on mechanics alone since she is otherwise so boring. and Kokomi is undergoing some split scaling upheaval on top of me thinking her burst just kinda sucks for what i was looking for in a support-leaning hydro.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Just got caught up with Yoimiya's quest. And while she's a precious cinnamon bun, I'm actually thinking of skipping her banner entirely even at the cost of passing up Sayu. I wasn't feeling her kit at all. Those test runs will have to be pretty convincing.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

A big chunk of ATK basically all the time is nothing now?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so like sure, lots of these Inazuma quests have some sort of depressing element. but i'm finding it especially entertaining that the two questlines where they entice you with respawning chests also just end horribly, as if to give you a little bad feeling about how you chased those chests/primos. moreso with Washizu, since the shrine gives you the guilt-trippy dialogue as you're doing your three final bows.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

dogsicle posted:

so like sure, lots of these Inazuma quests have some sort of depressing element. but i'm finding it especially entertaining that the two questlines where they entice you with respawning chests also just end horribly, as if to give you a little bad feeling about how you chased those chests/primos. moreso with Washizu, since the shrine gives you the guilt-trippy dialogue as you're doing your three final bows.

i mean, dude was sacrificing people, no guilt in putting him down

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

after the Yanfei banners i can't trust them to make a 4* lineup particularly appealing. like if i was "smart" i would've skipped her first one (didn't) but then she shows up with Ayaka who i only rolled on a whim (did not get cons anyway lol). anyway in the alternate world i just don't have Yanfei period and who knows how she comes back around after that, if it's a threepeat of banners that do anything for me.

meanwhile 2.1 starts to feel skippable because Sara does like nothing except look cool, and Shogun has to run uphill on mechanics alone since she is otherwise so boring. and Kokomi is undergoing some split scaling upheaval on top of me thinking her burst just kinda sucks for what i was looking for in a support-leaning hydro.

I could not disagree more lol. I feel that the Baal 2.1 banner will be one of the most successful. I've been saving since like April and I'm definately getting Sarah and Baal.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mirello posted:

I could not disagree more lol. I feel that the Baal 2.1 banner will be one of the most successful. I've been saving since like April and I'm definately getting Sarah and Baal.

This. Both characters have really cool designs and nice support buffs/effects. I only have about 5k primos right now and want to pull for Sayu but I might drop a little cash to make sure I get Baal and a couple Sara Cs.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

What does Sara do that's particularly worth noting? I glanced at her and saw a cool looking 4* bird themed Electro archer, but I already have Fischl, so I ding dig too deep. I don't know why, but I just don't find Baal that interesting. Maybe I'll feel differently after I meet her in the story.

Also :lol: at whoever accused me of being racist for teasing a gacha game's monetization mechanics. That is definitely possible for me to do, and a healthy and normal type of way for you to think of and interact with others, it's not weird at all actually,

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean yeah an archon banner will be successful

so far it just seems like Sara has more trade-offs than she really needs vs a competitor like Bennett. her element is worse, her atk share is smaller and clunky to apply while also only affecting a single ally. she's got a team battery passive but it seems low impact. i'm also not really a fan of the skill animation. her burst seems all around great but is expectedly saddled with 20s/80 cost.

Shogun it's just a design thing. she's got a new level of effort and flash in her animations but otherwise feels plain. it's hard to conceptualize how her benefits will feel in a team so i'm waiting on the trial and character quest for that.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

one of the main characters in neo twewy has the same english voice actor as childe and it legitimately keeps loving with me :shepface:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pull with your heart, not for mechanical power imo

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Slowly but surely getting my artifacts on Ayaka into better shape. I'm still stuck with a 4* Crit Damage Circlet and I have too much ER% given I'm running the Anemoma sword but we're shaping up nicely at least. Not Pictured: 61.6% Cryo Damage bonus.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

dogsicle posted:

i mean yeah an archon banner will be successful

so far it just seems like Sara has more trade-offs than she really needs vs a competitor like Bennett. her element is worse, her atk share is smaller and clunky to apply while also only affecting a single ally. she's got a team battery passive but it seems low impact. i'm also not really a fan of the skill animation. her burst seems all around great but is expectedly saddled with 20s/80 cost.

Shogun it's just a design thing. she's got a new level of effort and flash in her animations but otherwise feels plain. it's hard to conceptualize how her benefits will feel in a team so i'm waiting on the trial and character quest for that.

I actually like how understated Baal's look is. Literally everyone in Inazuma knows who she is, she doesn't need to dress lavishly, or at least more lavishly than the other Inazuma nobility. Which makes whipping out the impressive looking boob-sword a better contrast.

As far as Sara goes, I'm willing to lose a (albeit pretty big) chunk of the ATK Bennett gives in exchange for not being tied to his circle even if it's pretty large. Some of the newer bosses like to move around a bit much and can wander far enough away that it's kind of a problem. Obviously not for every team, and Bennett is still king of stripping any shield weak to pyro, but she seems like she'll be handy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Still don't know how to take videos out of reddit or if it's possible

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/os6zay/my_game_glitched_and_the_fog_went_off_and_i_could/

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andrast posted:

Man, I wish I could pull with my heart, but instead it reaches into my wallet (just occasionally, though) ;3

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So there's a good chance I can't get my account back especially if whoever has it now made purchases with it since I won't have those purchase records.

Thinking of starting up a new account while I wait just to mess around with and become my actual account when I can't get my stolen one back. I hear that crossplay/saves with Playstation are in now. If I make my account there can I still log in to my PC?

Also are new purchases still blocked to the platform you originally made the account with? I remember my first account was created on mobile so if I wanted to purchase anything it had to be on my phone, I couldn't do it on my PC.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So there's a good chance I can't get my account back especially if whoever has it now made purchases with it since I won't have those purchase records.

Depending how far you were, go to the genshin goon discord and ask for an account. There's a few that are only used as resource gates from players that quit, even as far as beating everything right after liyue's story ended.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Quite the tone setter with the depressing Koto music coming off the boat into Ritou harbor. Really sets the tone of just oppressed nation and people. Ritou seems to be based off of the real life Dutch settlment port of Dejima or Exit Island which would receive and house foreigners (basically only Dutch traders who were the only ones Japan seemed to like much) who were not allowed to leave into the mainland without a special pass/seal of the Shoguns authority. This was of course during Japans real life isolation period as ordered by the Tokugawa Shogunate. Already get some interesting IRL lore mixed in.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

Tae posted:

Depending how far you were, go to the genshin goon discord and ask for an account. There's a few that are only used as resource gates from players that quit, even as far as beating everything right after liyue's story ended.

Really? That would be cool. I think I just didn't finish the liyue story but I wouldn't mind if I missed a bit of that. Why would people use multiple accounts for resources? Is there a way to trade it?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You can co-op and take ascension materials that spawn on a 2 day timer. Relevant for Ayaka's release most notably when you need 168 sakura blossoms but there are only 75 on the map.

Also lets you do a full ore farm twice every 3 days instead of once every 3 days.

Most of this isnt really relevant to people who buy BP and are AR56 because if you've been farming ores regularly you should have quite a buffer unless you're a big whale. But for the first six months of play ore is a huge bottleneck.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Oh also Dejima which I'm pretty sure Ritou is based on would eventually go by another name by the 20th century. Nagasaki.....

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Sara's going to be great because you need two abyss teams.

Her +80% attack boost is huge especially if you have a 5* weapon/dps, and probably equivalent to Bennet's if you have him with like festering. Plus she also gives free energy while being off the field. I think she'll be real good with Eula, and she'll also be real good with Raiden which is why I'm shocked the leaks have them on the same banner

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sara's buff is 2/3s bennett's no matter how you look at it and crowfeathers will also be bound by aoe. Bennett is the best character in the game by a massive margin so this doesnt mean she's bad.

The only team I can see both her and raiden fitting on is Eula/Diona/Sara/Raiden. They're both supports with long cooldown Es that arent healers or on field attackers in an element that only phys wants so it's hard to find space for both.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Andrast posted:

Absolutely. Pull for the character you want whether it’s because you like their style or story or game play ... even if it is Qiqi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

pulled ayaka's banner and came away with a new cryo unit.

Welcome, big Chongus