Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

I like how they have a pic from The Shining, but the quote from A Few Good Men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Rad-daddio posted:

I like how they have a pic from The Shining, but the quote from A Few Good Men.

Also a Shrek quote, used in the purest form of projection and gaslighting

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

This makes me wonder if there are christian women out there who are so crazy, they fantasize about Jesus being their husband and don't see anything wrong with this.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

This makes me wonder if there are christian women out there who are so crazy, they fantasize about Jesus being their husband and don't see anything wrong with this.

You are describing nuns

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Noblesse Obliged posted:

You are describing nuns

I meant in a more obsessive way like a teenage girl obsessed with the vampire boy from Twilight.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Yaldabaoth posted:

I meant in a more obsessive way like a teenage girl obsessed with the vampire boy from Twilight.

There is medieval poetry about kissing Jesus and marrying Jesus written by both men and women

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Ventral EggSac posted:

There is medieval poetry about kissing Jesus and marrying Jesus written by both men and women

Well drat, this is far deeper than I expected.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

They all really liked how Jesus washed that lady's feet.

Like really REALLY liked it.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Rule 34 is as old as the written word.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The abbot sighs as he has to reassign the third brother this week from illuminating manuscripts to scrubbing the latrines because they keep drawing pictures of Mary Magdalene in thigh-high black leather heels stepping on Jesus's nuts while Our Lord and Savior wears a gimp mask, but everyone can tell it's Jesus because of the halo.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Cthulu Carl posted:

The abbot sighs as he has to reassign the third brother this week from illuminating manuscripts to scrubbing the latrines because they keep drawing pictures of Mary Magdalene in thigh-high black leather heels stepping on Jesus's nuts while Our Lord and Savior wears a gimp mask, but everyone can tell it's Jesus because of the halo.

This is just the Preacher comics.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

A few translations:

"Don't complain; fight!"
"Strength through fine particulates"
"East Germany: harder than the rest"
"Stop animal experiments, use child molesters[1][2]!"

[1] Note that "Kinderschänder" is a Nazi-era term that survivors of child sexual abuse do not want people to use because it implies that they have become lesser for having been abused. Its closest English equivalent is if people referred to survivors of child abuse as having been dishonoured or defiled.

[2] Notable also in its rejection of fundamental constitutional values, starting at §1, so you can guess what these people think of the literal foundations of the state and its obligations to people

Antigravitas fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jul 30, 2021

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Also “Kraft Durch…” is a bit problematic, especially given what you just said. Also most of that stuff is written in the Frankfurt font which is also a little eyebrow raising

Edit: just noticed the “Viking” stave.
Also looked up “Böhse Onkelz” and saw it was a crypto fascist metal band. Yeah dude’s telegraphing “I’m a Neo-Nazi” super hard

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 30, 2021

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The Rammstein logo is fascinating because it really doesn't belong. But these people are usually extremely bad at media literacy so they don't realise how much Rammstein hate them.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Ooh, ooh, the stupid thing, the circle thing with all the pitchforks and stuff

O.K. Googling "circle of pitchforks symbol" I see that is not actually an overt fascist thing like I assumed it was when I randomly saw it on a car not long ago, but it is convoluted and confusing enough that I am sure some people use it as a replacement hate symbol

Also yeah has that guy ever actually seen a picture or video of Rammstein? I suppose you could probably cherry-pick them looking HARD instead of their usual "pretty obviously making fun of masculinity" but when the first page of image results has their members kissing on stage in Moscow to protest the anti-homosexuality movement...

Again, I have to remind myself knowledge of everything for these people is surface-level at best

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
That’s the stave I was talking about. They were invented in the 19th century supposedly as a rediscovery of an ancient pagan magical tradition but they almost certainly aren’t. Nowadays they’re very popular amongst Neo nazis because SUPER COOL BADASS CIKING MAGIC

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_magical_staves

Edit: sorry the 17th century

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Antigravitas posted:

The Rammstein logo is fascinating because it really doesn't belong. But these people are usually extremely bad at media literacy so they don't realise how much Rammstein hate them.

there's one segment like that, who can't detect the heaviest irony and only understand very short sentences (jan 6 morons rocking out to RATM because "gently caress you I won't do what you tell me" is their main emotion)

Then there's another segment that basically decided that being a villain is cool because it means you matter. Maga chuds were using images of Trump pasted on Thanatos snapping, because Thanatos was big and bad and powerful. So that type is totally ok blasting a Rammstein song about Nazis being evil, because they live in some sort of double-reverse-irony world. "Rammstein wrote a cool song about me!"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Rammstein has a bit of German culture and especially East German culture pride thing going on so they're probably invested between that and some of the anti-US/anti-1st world sentiments.

e. I assume there's a ton of these and are the reason their last music video pretty explicitly told nazis to gently caress off and die.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Klyith posted:

there's one segment like that, who can't detect the heaviest irony and only understand very short sentences (jan 6 morons rocking out to RATM because "gently caress you I won't do what you tell me" is their main emotion)

Then there's another segment that basically decided that being a villain is cool because it means you matter. Maga chuds were using images of Trump pasted on Thanatos snapping, because Thanatos was big and bad and powerful. So that type is totally ok blasting a Rammstein song about Nazis being evil, because they live in some sort of double-reverse-irony world. "Rammstein wrote a cool song about me!"

I love the adoption of the Punisher logo. The Punisher who exists because he loving hates cops and think they are incompetent and corrupt.

edit: cops, of course, don't get it either

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I love the adoption of the Punisher logo. The Punisher who exists because he loving hates cops and think they are incompetent and corrupt.

edit: cops, of course, don't get it either

I saw a new lifted truck yesterday, all blacked out and the ford logo replaced with a skull with black background, and some militia sticker on the window, and I'm like, we literally have people driving around saying "hey I'm trying to be on that deathsquad and I'm armed." It's really lame.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I’m really into law and order but also vigilante justice :magemage:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love the people with the thin blue line sticker next to the AR-15 "Come and take it!" one.

Uh, hey buddy, guess who's gonna come and take it.

Obama Biden death squads

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

1redflag posted:

I’m really into law and order but also vigilante justice :magemage:

The joke is on you for expecting intellectual consistency in people who cover their cars with political speech

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I love the people with the thin blue line sticker next to the AR-15 "Come and take it!" one.

Uh, hey buddy, guess who's gonna come and take it.

Obama Biden death squads

Saw another truck today with "gently caress Gun Control" the gently caress is bullets font. A 3%er sticker. And some other antidemocracy poo poo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dude just wants to gently caress his guns, and you're trying to control him :mad:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

They should just retire the Punisher. I'm not even joking, it's not worth it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DicktheCat posted:

They should just retire the Punisher. I'm not even joking, it's not worth it.

:frogsiren: CANCEL CULTURE

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rude to doxx me like that

teen witch fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 1, 2021

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

teen witch posted:

Rude to doxx me like that

:wink:

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

Bottom text

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Aggressive internalized misogyny bottom text.

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

I'd say it was a clever wife trying to make sure her insecure husband never drives her car lest he be seen in it with those stickers, but then I saw it's a Hyundai and only an idiot would think their husband wants to drive it in the first place.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
If "bottom text" is intentional, and it probably is, I think I want to be friends with the driver

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

gently caress DARE

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

DARE grifters are showing up in front of supermarkets asking for donations which, to anyone who is old enough to remember the program, is laughable considering how bad it was and also it is definitely a fuckin scam.

https://www.journalinquirer.com/archives/police-warn-dare-solicitation-is-scam/article_7a32d5a4-2f3a-5f6f-b47f-657beab628fa.html

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
there's this jeep I always see around town and I just don't get it

the front is even more decked out with like 6 seperate woody woodpecker smoking a cigar heads and like it's well executed compared to the word salad cars but I just don't get it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I managed to avoid DARE and Washington state history for my entire k-12 schooling. At least only one of those required me to hastily complete a badly xeroxed packet in order to graduate high school.

In info cars, I saw both a Suck Toes or Die Trying car and ta Trump decked super stacked truck on my way home from work tonight. The toe one has a giant decal on the back window with the aformentioned declaration on it. The Trump Truck has giant Trump 2020 flags on all four corners of the truck bed and has crossed out the 2020 for 2024. It's the first time I've seen it but this is the 3rd or 4th time I've seen the suck toes car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Lol, we got to watch dudes do crazy bike stunts at a DARE thing once, and it was cool as poo poo. It's a lovely program, but more cool bike flips for the kids, if I have to deal with jncos again, bring back Xtreme Sports (tm).

But no DARE, just the dudes doing sick flips. Maybe lump it into the sex ed, instead. Like they do a 180 or whatever while putting a condom on a banana, use their bike chains as an example of why you keep things lubed up, etc.

Hell yeah.

What was this thread about, again? Cars? Sorry, I'm thinking about bikes.