Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Strong Dana White energy

On a different note, the crowd was chanting something during Starks' promo that I couldn't quite make out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Strong Dana White energy

On a different note, the crowd was chanting something during Starks' promo that I couldn't quite make out

"we can't hear you"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I enjoyed the show but with some negative impressions:

-The entrance for the Dark Order and Elite Jam was one of the best I've ever seen. Shame that the finish was awful. I don't know how they're going to book and I'll give Big Biceps Tony the benefit of the doubt but it was a bummer. It set a negative mood at the start of the show, not a good thing. The match was good but the ending... having Adam Page vs three at the end was a clear sign of losing it.

-Nice promo between PAC and Andrade/Chavo.

-FTW Celebration. Ricky Starks promo throwing off 'what?' chants, changing the pace all the time. Dude is great on the mic. Cage coming out of face tunnel with a terminator theme. :nice:

-Tanahashi's promo. Oh well.

-PnP vs FTR. Was decent but sucks that Wheeler got injured. I hope it was just a cut and nothing worse.

-Britt Baker's promo: Whatever.

-Rampage, 20th August on Chicago. Crowd goes "CM PUNK", the crowd feels it.

-Darby promo: Jesus they aren't subtle at all about it already, aren't they? Excal was trying to not laugh at the obvious.

-IWGP tittle match: Archer vs Hikuleo. The crowd was dead with Hikuleo but Haku got a pop (does people know him better as Meng or Haku?. Hikuleo's hair is actually a handicap lol, if he moves his head a little, he can't see a thing. Archer trying to not use his right hand, Hikuleo... not impressive at all. Archer did all the heavy lifting for the finish. Nothing special for the first defense.

-We get to see Malakai Black kick Cody in the face in the EVP/Coach/BBT spot, come out, knee Cody in the face and then kill Fuego in front of the crowd. I'm liking this guy so far.

-Miro promo: he is pure gold right now. "vengeful god and double jointed wife" :lmao: He's gonna crush Lee Johnson and I'm all for it.

-Private Party+Angelico vs Jurassic Express+Christian. Jesus JR stop calling him Jungle Jack Perry. Fun match but JR STOP CALLING HIM JUNGLE JACK. The Blade comes in and punches Christian for another match.

-Nick Gage's promo. I didn't know much about this guy until last week and jesus, he looks like he can rob a bank, doesn't he?

-Thunder Rosa vs Julia Hart. First All Elite match for Thunder Rosa and was a decent considering how little experience Julia has. Rosa trying that leg sweep/ankle lock looked weird and the finish looked weird.

-Mox's promo: Not bad, I guess he wants to punch Tanahashi and other people.

-Main event: It was better than I expected it to be! People was on for Nick Gage and while the finish was 'eh' (I still think that Jericho's elbow finish is lame), the match was cool and Nick Gage having a second pizza cutter on his pockets was hilarious. loving Domino's ad while he was showing the bloody pizza cutter was pure gold. MJF on commentary is great.

Really looking forward on how they keep the narrative on Adam Page and Kenny. I hope they don't over extend Kenny+Bucks reign because I'm bored of the Bucks. Not heel heat but bored of them. They have good matches but I just don't care about their gimmick already. Again, the end of the match was a huge downer and I'm going to rate this week's show 2 pizza cutters out of failed slam dunk.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Dark Posse v Elite Squad: I am so loving over on Dark Order... was really shocked that Page and DO didn't pull it off. It honestly felt like Nick was supposed to be eliminated before Page and Kenny went at it, he was just staying outside of the ring while they brought it home.

This can't be over yet. That crowd jizzed their pants when Page came out in the purple and green gear.

PnP v FTR: I hope Cash is ok... that was a sudden finish. It was such a great match too, wonderful work by everyone. Belts would need to be involved but id love to see those 4 go at it for an hour.

[Footage Missing]: The patriot plants sent me into a quick nap, so I need to rewatch Christian Express v HFO and ThunderHart...

Jericho Labor 2: I'm an old hardcore guy but never got into deathmatches, so wasn't sure how this would go. Seems like they did as much as they possibly could given any and all constraints of performing on a major network... I enjoyed it! Plenty of "holy poo poo" moments without being too gruesome.

Number gon be good

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the Dark Order entrance was the coolest poo poo in the world and the video before lays out how it's gonna go.

when they get knocked in the dirt, bloody and trampled, a cowboy dusts themselves off and gets back up. and they'll stand by their partners and challenge those that have it all. and they'll keep riding 'til they find their peace.

Cowboy is going to win. it's going to be good as hell and it will feel amazing.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Those light tubes used last night must have been gimmicked right? I assume you can make a tube with no mercury in it. I didn’t notice any dust flying when they hit.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

its great that BBT can have hangman lose and have everyone all deflated and worried and sad for their favorite guy who is still going to go beat up kenny omega one on one, but for like a week we will believe that that is not exactly what will happen

he's p good at this

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Eagerly awaiting a Hangman promo where he goes "people keep asking if I'm in the Dark Order. And I haven't really had an answer. But now yeah . . . I'm thinking I'm in the Dark Order!"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

boxcarhobo posted:

its great that BBT can have hangman lose and have everyone all deflated and worried and sad for their favorite guy who is still going to go beat up kenny omega one on one, but for like a week we will believe that that is not exactly what will happen

he's p good at this

He's gotten me before. Whenever he does something unexpected and I'm like oh I guess he's just dropping this or I think it's gonna be shuffled down - its trajectory is made quite clear by the next show. I think there is a 0 chance we don't see something to move the story forward next week.

Because come on, if Hangman isn't fighting Kenny at the next ppv what on earth do they do with him?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

kinetic77 posted:

Those light tubes used last night must have been gimmicked right? I assume you can make a tube with no mercury in it. I didn’t notice any dust flying when they hit.

Yeah they had Charlie remove all the white powder inside them unfortunately 10 thought it was all for a BTE skit.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Neither Punk nor Bryan are gonna face Kenny at All Out bc neither of them are gonna lose their first match/feud

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I just can't stop watching it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsfEiZ_IY2U

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Even if it was paint instead of a mask, it wouldnt have been Blackface. He obviously wasnt trying to mimic or mock the appearance of a black person, which is kinda a key factor for blackface

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i can't wait for Hangman to kick Kenny right in the dick

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

britishbornandbread posted:

My second Dynamite, and I quite enjoyed it. The opener was great fun, and because I haven't been following the storylines I didn't get down on it like everyone else here - Omega and Bucks did great heel work, Page did the babyface comeback but fell just short. It makes me want to see omega v Page for real.

yeah, that.

Hangman hasn't hit the babyface fire just yet. he's overcome wallowing in defeat and has learned to bounce back, he's overcome feeling like a loner and has friends to support him as he's supported them, and the last two weeks of the build before Charlotte showed her could do the fire, but they weren't It yet. after getting cheated on this one, Page gets to do the Man Possessed thing and hunt Omega like a dog to get his shot and his coronation, which will build him better than him getting the shot tonight and then... doing what for the next several Dynamites?

this one's all about the hunt, and the PPV cycle ain't finished yet. be cool to have him going full righteous badass to wring his shot out of Kenny after whooping the Elite instead of him winning the shot last night and kind of wheel spinning until the match. that ain't compelling TV. how often has AEW really had a challenger locked in for a month?

I'll take it all back if BBT delays too long, or if he loses the shot he gets, tho, but this one seems like straightforward storytelling that's a little hampered by the transition from Jacksonville to the road. fans want to see it now, but the narrative itself (rather than the subtext) has only started moving since they started touring again

it killed that loving crowd, tho

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Bard Maddox posted:

the Dark Order entrance was the coolest poo poo in the world and the video before lays out how it's gonna go.

when they get knocked in the dirt, bloody and trampled, a cowboy dusts themselves off and gets back up. and they'll stand by their partners and challenge those that have it all. and they'll keep riding 'til they find their peace.

Cowboy is going to win. it's going to be good as hell and it will feel amazing.

I really thought we'd get a Frankie appearance. I was watching the crowd for it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Does anybody have a link to the promo where Joey brings up Big Biceps Tony?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Maybe I'm misremembering how they've booked previous title matches but it seems a little early for Hangman to earn his title shot, no? There's a lot of big shows between now and All Out, they'd just be treading water for over a month.

Also the commentary in that match repeatedly stressed that Hangman's emotions were getting the best of him and undermining his teammates, seems like addressing that is the obvious next step.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

your friend wicka posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering how they've booked previous title matches but it seems a little early for Hangman to earn his title shot, no? There's a lot of big shows between now and All Out, they'd just be treading water for over a month.

Also the commentary in that match repeatedly stressed that Hangman's emotions were getting the best of him and undermining his teammates, seems like addressing that is the obvious next step.

The longest runway to a PPV title shot was Cody-Jericho which was announced before the first TV about 8 weeks out. Shortest was probably the triple threat at like two weeks out.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

kinetic77 posted:

The lack of spooky dust was very noticeable but it was till a cool visual. Our eyes went wide when then the glass pane came out.

I'd be really curious to see the breakdown of the main event rating. Doing a Texas death match and a toned down for TV GCW death match in back to back weeks is something that really appeals to me, but I respect that it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

all out is memorial day a worked holiday weekend this year, sept. 5th, so we have exactly 5 dynamites and 4 rampages until then

i fully agree with you, i figured tony was going to keep this build going until then but i wasn't sure how, and when kenny hit the OWA i literally stood up and thought oh my god is hanger gonna kick out??? and then he didn't and i was absolutely stunned/gutted

it was cool to feel like that from a wrestling show

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 29, 2021

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

El Gallinero Gros posted:

"There's no place for trombones in wrestling ".

https://twitter.com/austincreedwins/status/1420555724099358725?s=21

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Akileese posted:

The lack of spooky dust was very noticeable but it was till a cool visual. Our eyes went wide when then the glass pane came out.

I'd be really curious to see the breakdown of the main event rating. Doing a Texas death match and a toned down for TV GCW death match in back to back weeks is something that really appeals to me, but I respect that it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

if the number turns out to have gone down, it will be the final proof that wheeler yuta is a draw.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Number can’t possibly go down because deathmatches are objectively the best kind of matches.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

When the Hangman storyline really kicked into gear about a month ago I said at the time that he almost needs a bump in the road halfway through because that is a lot of time to build to a title match in the modern day. We'll see if this is a bump on the road to All Out or if he might get bumped to Grand Slam or Full Gear.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Akileese posted:

Light tubes were gimmicked - they didn't explode the way they typically do either, they just kinda shattered and dropped.

Gage didn't even drag broken light tube pieces across Jericho's eyes either. Just did some worked stabs into the forehead.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
double post

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

History Comes Inside! posted:

Number can’t possibly go down because deathmatches are objectively the best kind of matches.

*calls it a deathmatch*
*lives anyway*

:smug:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

boxcarhobo posted:

all out is memorial day weekend this year
labor day weekend

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
I wonder how many takes it took for Nick Gage to cut a promo without explicatives. Also Justin's delivery of Nick's intro was pretty much TV perfect, squeek included.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

boxcarhobo posted:

all out is memorial day weekend this year, sept. 5th, so we have exactly 5 dynamites and 4 rampages until then

Is the All Out card booked at this point? Likely. Do we know what it is yet? No. They've been moving the pieces into place, now they can lock things down over the next month.

What do we really know about All Out right now?

Title Holders/Events:
- Hangman v Omega - Likely, but currently in doubt
- Bucks v ???
- Miro v ???
- Britt v ???
- Women's Battle Royale

Other matches:
- Jericho v MJF?
- Mox v Tanahashi?
- Andrade's squad v Death Triangle?

All Out is going to come into shape very soon, and I can't wait to see it happen.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Has Jericho ever done deathmatches before? Major props if his first deathmatch was Nick Fuckin' Gage and he didn't freak out like Arquette did. That's an incredible amount of trust.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Nick Jr. Face posted:

labor day weekend

i always forget which is which

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

When the Hangman storyline really kicked into gear about a month ago I said at the time that he almost needs a bump in the road halfway through because that is a lot of time to build to a title match in the modern day. We'll see if this is a bump on the road to All Out or if he might get bumped to Grand Slam or Full Gear.

Ah man, I didn't even think of them bumping it to Grand Slam. That makes a lot of sense, Full Gear seems way too far off.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Sticky Nate posted:

trust the process

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

The audio inside the arena was absolutely terrible, at least where I was sitting, couldn’t hear anything that was said during the backstage segments or the FTW bit. Good reason to watch it at home this weekend.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really think Hangman wins at Grand Slam because Tony wants to do Christian Cage vs. Omega first.

btw theres rumors that a certain next big thing has signed with somebody that ain't New York.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MJeff posted:

I really think Hangman wins at Grand Slam because Tony wants to do Christian Cage vs. Omega first.

btw theres rumors that a certain next big thing has signed with somebody that ain't New York.

its gonna be triller fight or some poo poo, brock aint comin

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Someone posted that it was a missing spot light but also that the spotlight was paired by tag team (Uno and Dos, Silver and Reynolds) and Colt was paired to Brodie which is also kinda sad but nice at the same time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Kunabomber posted:

Has Jericho ever done deathmatches before? Major props if his first deathmatch was Nick Fuckin' Gage and he didn't freak out like Arquette did. That's an incredible amount of trust.

He's lifelong friends with DEAHMATCH LEGEND LUTHER