Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

The GCW shows this weekend were my intro to Drew Parker.
Can anybody tell me anything more about him or suggest matches of his to track down because he really seems like he's going to be the future face of death matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Cart Mountain posted:

Can anybody tell me anything more about him or suggest matches of his to track down because he really seems like he's going to be the future face of death matches

If you can get a hold of it without FCP profiting, the Death House match from Project Mayhem VII is incredible.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cart Mountain posted:

he's a regular for BJW in japan, which has their own streaming service that I've never used. I think the Puro thread has all the details. He did Miyacoco's birthday show which is an absolute must to track down if you wanna see Jun Kasai do karaoke.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

coconono posted:

he's a regular for BJW in japan, which has their own streaming service that I've never used. I think the Puro thread has all the details. He did Miyacoco's birthday show which is an absolute must to track down if you wanna see Jun Kasai do karaoke.

BJWCore is pretty terrible and way behind on current events last time I checked but it's cheap so vOv Drew's been getting a big-time push in BJW finally after years of putting in the work and they've pretty much gone whole hog in on him in a way they haven't done with a gaijin wrestler in a while, which is cool. He had a very-good-maybe-not-spectacular showing in Ikkitousen Deathmatch Survivor this year, so that's not a bad place to start with him.

edit: just checked and they've actually gotten their poo poo together it seems, the most recent event on BJW Core is from 22nd of this month, so it finally might be worth a sub

Bushmeister fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 30, 2021

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The Zona 23 ring looks like the stiffest mat in history. Back bumps look more painful than all of the glass bumps and slams have a dull thud rather than a crack that you hear in a ring with give. gently caress these matches are brutal

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

beggar posted:

The Zona 23 ring looks like the stiffest mat in history. Back bumps look more painful than all of the glass bumps and slams have a dull thud rather than a crack that you hear in a ring with give. gently caress these matches are brutal

its probably a lovely old lucha ring/boxing ring that has like no give

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

I am now a big drew parker fan.

Watch the Big Japan tournament final I posted in the MOTYC thread. Drew is insane

BJW is hard to follow because stuff gets uploaded everywhere, one show will be on Twitcasting, another on NicoNico, another on LineLive, and then another on SamuraiTV.

Follow the puro thread imo, I post the schedule with links on how and where to watch stuff (except this week where my keyboard isn't working)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

(except this week where my keyboard isn't working)

https://www.speechtexter.com

No excuse to shirk your duties

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The AIW show from last night was fun.The crowd was really into it.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MDK

ALL DAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TTKXMD4bV0

plus proof that some maniac did throw an actual pizza cutter in the ring

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

MLW's Battle Riot 3 is tomorrow night. It's a 40-Man Royal Rumble where pinfalls count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO2wznPGsM8

For some reason I had this match in my recommendations today, decided to give MLW a shot and now I gotta ask: Is the product always that bad, or was it because it was a battle royal? So many missed spots by the camera, people blatantly waiting and getting themselves into position, an excessive amount of weapons used, multiple people entering the ring under different gimmicks. Plus the entirely pointless entry by 'Kim Chee', whoever that was.

Not gonna say that everything was bad, there certainly a few people I had not seen before that I was pretty impressed by (mainly Alex Hart and Zenshi), but the whole thing felt very badly produced.

Also, when did Hammerstone turn into such a blatant Hogan copy?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Germansimp posted:

Also, when did Hammerstone turn into such a blatant Hogan copy?

When he finally achieved Hogan levels of steroid use

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It was weirdly booked. I'm not sure why they decided to not eliminate anyone for so long, but that definitely contributed to the odd camera work.

A better intro to MLW is probably the previous Fusion episode with Rush/Reed headlining, though there's no crowd for that one.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
Any guesses on who shows up at PWG tonight?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

Any guesses on who shows up at PWG tonight?

I’m thinking either Moxley (as he’s probably wanted to work PWG since he left WWE) or Brian Cage

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

janela seems like a good bet

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

darby as well

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

STONE COLD 64 posted:

darby as well

Obviously, planes exist, but Darby’s been at a Comic Con in Connecticut.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Is Bandido not allowed to show up?

I guess Trey Miguel to either take over as tag champs or forfeit them

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
is posting just the matches that happened so far, no results, OK? looking at past mystery vortex stuff and the card is no longer a secret after it happens

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

is posting just the matches that happened so far, no results, OK? looking at past mystery vortex stuff and the card is no longer a secret after it happens

I'm ok with it since I'll forget the results by the time the DVD comes out

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I don't see a huge problem with it, personally. I assume that when the show actually comes out they are not going to hide what matches happened. (for example the preview video)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Man, I missed the PWG preview videos so much.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So Far At the Mystery Vortex

Jack Cartwheel vs. Tony Deppen
JD Drake vs. Brody King
Demonic Flamita vs. Arez
Lee Moriarty vs. Jonathan Gresham
Myron Reed & Trey Miguel vs. Aramis & Rey Horus
EVIL UNO VS. ORANGE CASSIDY

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hell yeah, Myron Reed on PWG.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

JD Drake vs. Brody King

:stare:
Well that's an instant purchase

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

So Far At the Mystery Vortex

Jack Cartwheel vs. Tony Deppen
JD Drake vs. Brody King
Demonic Flamita vs. Arez
Lee Moriarty vs. Jonathan Gresham
EVIL UNO VS. ORANGE CASSIDY

Main Event: Bandido defends the PWG World Title he won back in Dec, 20, 2019 vs. Black Taurus

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Main Event: Bandido defends the PWG World Title he won back in Dec, 20, 2019 vs. Black Taurus

loving sick

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Okay, the Crazy poo poo is the post match and i'm gonna put it in spoiler tags;

Bandido defeats Taurus, is jumped by Demonic Flamita. Light go out, SUPER DRAGON has returned, joins with Taurus & Flamita in beating down Bandido. Brody King tries to save Bandido but is laid out. Lights go out again and Tommy End is there to save Bandido and Brody. Tommy End will be back for the next show. SUPER DRAGON VS. BANDIDO AT THE NEXT SHOW.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Aug 2, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WHAT?

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

what the gently caress

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/1419824862403649538

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i was just watching my best of generico in pwg dvd and wanting some more dope pwg and now im so happy

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

KungFu Grip posted:

Oh drat, that match probably ruled. All those guys are great.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

KungFu Grip posted:

Okay, the Crazy poo poo is the post match and i'm gonna put it in spoiler tags;

Bandido defeats Taurus, is jumped by Demonic Flamita. Light go out, SUPER DRAGON has returned, joins with Taurus & Flamita in beating down Bandido. Brody King tries to save Bandido but is laid out. Lights go out again and Tommy End is there to save Bandido and Brody. Tommy End will be back for the next show. SUPER DRAGON VS. BANDIDO AT THE NEXT SHOW.

holy loving what?!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Also, Tony Khan and Regal were not at the show.

*eyes KFG*

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jubs posted:

*eyes KFG*

that was me trolling im sorry

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jubs posted:

*eyes KFG*

jubs i saw that jesus christ himself was walking amongst the people backstage from the hashtags on twitter, are you telling me i was bamboozled and fooled by them?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So I assume the pop for Super Dragon was nuclear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So I assume the pop for Super Dragon was nuclear

it was definitely a top pop. Tommy loving End and Freshly Squeezed got bigger ones IMO.