Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A Fancy Hat posted:

My opinion of Cody swings wildly depending on how much his rear end is being kicked.

Brodie murdering him? drat Cody rules.

Cody beats Ogogo while dressed as a flag? I dunno, maybe Cody's just dumb.

Cody gets kicked in the face? This dude gets it, he's the greatest mind in wrestling.

There may be something to this. I was getting tired of Cody's championship run, then Eddie Kingston showed up and power bombed him onto thumb tacks and I was like I LOVE CODY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Hoping the suck-rear end Olympics don't cut into this week's number

Considering how loving difficult it is to figure out how to watch anything but the standard NBC network coverage... I wouldn't be too concerned.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They literally went up against the NBA Finals last week, I'm not worried.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I get the appeal of MDK, but honestly, he's coming off to me as a white New Jack with a better work rate.

E: cutting up David Arquette and the follow up to that was funny tho.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Why yes, Austin Creed vs Marko Stunt IS a dream match I have only just discovered I want.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Still feel like I got punched in the gut re: Hangman

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Forceholy posted:

I get the appeal of MDK, but honestly, he's coming off to me as a white New Jack with a better work rate.

Well, Nick has something over New Jack: he came back from death.

Oh god sorry if it's a lovely joke

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I always forget that Woods has a Golden Girls shrine in his house

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
We need a gif of homer at the burrito truck chanting "Where's my number!? Where my number!?"

Also where is my number I need both to gauge how much olympics hurt them and serotonin.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I wanna see that last quarter hour

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Forceholy posted:

Yes, he's awesome.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also New Jack was a terrible human being, Nick Gage goes to bat for all sorts of good causes while in the course of being Nick Gage

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Waffleopolis posted:

We need a gif of homer at the burrito truck chanting "Where's my number!? Where my number!?"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nick Gage is Stone Cold Steve Austin is he was a real person and not a gimmick and also had a pizza cutter

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

zimbomonkey posted:

embarrassed but certainly not surprised. also saw a lot of people in line who were proudly wearing shirts about how not woke they were.

BDawg posted:

Watching Dynamite now and embarrassed that someone in my state in the front row is wearing a rebel flag t-shirt for the world to see.

I dunno if it showed up on TV (I'd doubt it) but the worst part of the night was easily the assholes on the upper level who had a huge TRUMP 2020 flag.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm so glad AEW celebrates deathmatch wrestling instead of derisively dismissing it and then signing dudes that blew up because of their hardwork in the genre.

I really should go into a deep death dive and figure out when exactly bloody spectacles really started in wrestling. Most historians point at the Tupelo Concession Stand brawl as the first "hardcore" wrestling but that kind of stuff had been going on since the 60s in isolated areas.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The only way I can enjoy this match is if I tell myself the pane of glass and the light tubes were gimmicked and there was no glass at all.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Hellblazer187 posted:

The only way I can enjoy this match is if I tell myself the pane of glass and the light tubes were gimmicked and there was no glass at all.

the opposite of this

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Hellblazer187 posted:

If it helps, the glass is safety glass, like the type of glass they make glass doors out of. It's designed to break into small pieces. It'll still superficially cut a person up, but it's not going to break into big jagged shards that could impale someone badly.

The light tubes were gimmicked to some degree, there was no explosive pop or the cloud of horrible chemicals.

I mean, there's still plenty of blood, but they did their best to be sure no one took any long term damage.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Vandar posted:

I dunno if it showed up on TV (I'd doubt it) but the worst part of the night was easily the assholes on the upper level who had a huge TRUMP 2020 flag.

I'm glad I didn't see any of that last night. I'm surprised the flag wasn't confiscated.

I also didn't see any hateful or non-woke shirts. In fact, I saw quite a few of the rainbow shirts.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the main event was good but david arquette should of interfered

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hellblazer187 posted:

Nick Gage and Jericho both trained extensively in the art of mime for this match. Congrats - you just got worked into believing there was glass due to their high level of skill.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

If it helps, the glass is safety glass, like the type of glass they make glass doors out of. It's designed to break into small pieces. It'll still superficially cut a person up, but it's not going to break into big jagged shards that could impale someone badly.

The light tubes were gimmicked to some degree, there was no explosive pop or the cloud of horrible chemicals.

I mean, there's still plenty of blood, but they did their best to be sure no one took any long term damage.

Yeah. It was cool. I get squeemish at death match stuff but I think they did a perfect job of not pissing off Nick Gage fans but also not making normies like me quit watching forever.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah, they gimmicked everything and did it as safe as you can. Stu Grayson jumping to the outside and smashing his head was probably more dangerous than anything Gage and Jericho did but everything they did obviously looks more dangerous and more visceral.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Very glad I missed the Trump flag.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Stu Grayson jumping to the outside and smashing his head was probably more dangerous than anything Gage and Jericho did but everything they did obviously looks more dangerous and more visceral.
this bump scared the poo poo out of me because nobody caught him at all and you could see his head bounce

thankfully he immediately got up, brawled into the crowd, and did a flip off a balcony. blessings of ibushi upon him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
According to Fightful Select, AEW and Shaq tried to bring in Kurt Angle and Impact tried to bring him in for a one shot. He was flattered and specifically said he has a soft spot for Impact but considers himself not physically able to perform anymore so he never seriously considered either offer.

Too bad. Would still like to see Kurt as a manager in AEW.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The balcony spot was scary too because he lost his footing to start. I think he meant to do something more impressive and ended up with kind of a Flying Nothing (which is fine if it means he's safe)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

The balcony spot was scary too because he lost his footing to start. I think he meant to do something more impressive and ended up with kind of a Flying Nothing (which is fine if it means he's safe)
yeah i remember going "ooo careful!" when he slipped, i was so worried about stu. luckily he seems to have come out unscathed.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
SHAQ

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I really want the last labor before MJF for Jericho to be either Fandango or Sugar Dunkerton[as Pineapple Pete].

I won't get that wish, but that's what I want.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 29, 2021

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://www.ticketmaster.com/aew-rampage-chicago-illinois-08-20-2021/event/04005AF0C3EE2205

So how do I get presale codes to this event? Rampage First Dance starts tomorrow

I missed the All Out presale and it was a poo poo show trying to get tickets.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Forceholy posted:

New Jack kicked rear end tho

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Disco Inferno, coming for vengeance for Jericho burying him for 25 years.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/aew-rampage-chicago-illinois-08-20-2021/event/04005AF0C3EE2205

So how do I get presale codes to this event? Rampage First Dance starts tomorrow

PWTees just emailed them out.

Code: PWTUC

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Astro7x posted:

Dave Meltzer normally tweets it out, probably the other notable hacks do too

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

Dave Meltzer normally tweets it out, probably the other notable hacks do too

Notable hacks such as forums user Pylons.

Pylons posted:

PWTees just emailed them out.

Code: PWTUC

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Defenestrategy posted:

I really want the last labor before MJF for Jericho to be either Fandango or Sugar Dunkerton[as Pineapple Pete].

I won't get that wish, but that's what I want.

Dango would make sense but I don't know if 90 days are up yet.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

MJeff posted:

Too bad. Would still like to see Kurt as a manager in AEW.

Would very much like to see Team Angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Waffleopolis posted:

Dango would make sense but I don't know if 90 days are up yet.

He's booked for Wrestlepro in October, presumably he's free then