Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

I think she's just saying that AEW is trying to dominate the headlines of that weekend by having Punk debut the day before SummerSlam.

Which, y'know.

The rumors of Punk and Bryan signing just so happened to show up right after Money in the Bank happened and Cena and Goldberg returned. :shrug:

aye. thank you for helping me through this, sincerely. i felt like a true dip poo poo trying to figure out how stealing thunder , etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
AEW do have the plausible deniability of their new TV show needing to be hyped, and they've got a Chicago based PPV a few weeks later that having Punk booked on and a match built would make sense for.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
How many people fit the united center and will they be able to sell it out with a 10pm showtime. I think they have to announce punk in a match to have a shot at doing so.

poo poo book Punk Vs. Danielson, I have no doubt that will sell out an arena

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I do wonder if trying to do it via implication is too cute. I mean, MJF, JR and Darby all all but said "CM PUNK WILL BE THERE DUMMIES" but still

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Eat My Fuc posted:

How many people fit the united center and will they be able to sell it out with a 10pm showtime. I think they have to announce punk in a match to have a shot at doing so.

poo poo book Punk Vs. Danielson, I have no doubt that will sell out an arena

Theyll start it at 9 central, but Dark or Elevation will be taping at 8, so they should get a good crowd.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Orange Carlisle posted:

that jericho vs gage match is probably gonna give this thread enough content for a few days

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I was one of the ones mad about the GCW fans at the weekend but... yes, Nick Gage definitely snuck into the arena, planted light tubes and gimmicked glass and Jericho definitely had no clue about any of it. That's definitely what happened. :rolleyes:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
remember that that was posted before the match happened.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I love how so many dummies are convinced Nick Gage does not understand that death matches are not a shoot.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I love how so many dummies are convinced Nick Gage does not understand that death matches are not a shoot.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It's not that they don't think they're a shoot, it's that they think they're the most dangerous kind of wrestling because of all the blood and stuff when that's not the dangerous part of being a pro wrestler.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
But you can't see the visceral dangers of concussions and repeated trauma like superficial wounds. And superficial has the prefix "super" so it must big huge.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

People also still get worked about the weapons and stuff because they're a mix of real, fake, and somewhere in-between. I mean, look at the reaction a dull pizza cutter pushing some blood around gets.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Benne posted:

Let's just say they're not booking the Bulls arena for their Friday night B-show if there wasn't a certain Chicago-made man showing up that night

colt vs. hangman dark order title eliminator

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I'd absolutely get in the ring with Nick Gage before peak Steiner Bros or something, but I get worked more by Gage. The Thumbtack Jack and Arquette matches alone are enough to make me believe there's a tiny sliver of a chance the match could go sideways in a gory way. I know he's not going to kill Jericho on national TV, but that somehow still seems more likely than a Perro Aguayo Jr. freak accident in my mind.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's kind of funny if you think about how gore works in popular media. The bloodiest horror movies get regularly toned down by ratings boards, and that's all models and corn syrup and CGI. You don't see real blood even in the most violent movies, unless it's some weird exception. Fake depictions of suicide and self-harm get censored like crazy on TV as well. But it's fine to have two people cutting each other for real on free TV between ads for chicken sandwiches, just because it's wrestling. Imagine if a drama series had two actors legit slicing each other up in a scene. Standards & Practices would go nuts.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

sticklefifer posted:

Imagine if a drama series had two actors legit slicing each other up in a scene. Standards & Practices would go nuts.

That would be loving awesome. Jerry Orbach says gently caress this and pulls a knife on Dianne Weist. Patton Oswalt starts pistol whipping Kevin James. John Lithgow hits Wayne Knight with a light tube.

Goddamn, that universe sounds amazing.

edit I realize this isn't exactly what you're describing but my brain latched onto the idea and wouldn't shut up until I posted about it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Summerslam is in Vegas, I believe

you wouldn't know it locally. There's been virtually zero advertising push for the show out here, no billboards, no local commercials, no taxi wraps or hotel side ads.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's not that they don't think they're a shoot, it's that they think they're the most dangerous kind of wrestling because of all the blood and stuff when that's not the dangerous part of being a pro wrestler.

If you've never had an injury that couldn't be fixed with a bandaid then deathmatches probably scare the poo poo out of you.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all deathmatch injuries can be fixed with antibiotic ointment and a band-aid of appropriate size

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

all deathmatch injuries can be fixed with antibiotic ointment and a band-aid of appropriate size

Hello Chelsea

bartok
May 10, 2006

luchadornado posted:

I'd absolutely get in the ring with Nick Gage before peak Steiner Bros or something, but I get worked more by Gage. The Thumbtack Jack and Arquette matches alone are enough to make me believe there's a tiny sliver of a chance the match could go sideways in a gory way. I know he's not going to kill Jericho on national TV, but that somehow still seems more likely than a Perro Aguayo Jr. freak accident in my mind.

I think it is Mick Foley's third autobiography he mentions how he is terrified of taking German Suplexes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
1.2 million views after what, like three years? Fortnite montages do better numbers than that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I genuinely forgot Enzo existed.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Is that the one where he talks about his consensual penis?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
No that's, gently caress me for knowing this, "Phoenix".

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The gem of real1's catalog is the gently caress You Covid One Nine anthem that starts like Lullaby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw91De2WUDA

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 29, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MUST. NOT. COMPROMISE.

https://twitter.com/sukhy_singh/status/1420706273528586244?s=20

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

MJeff posted:

No that's, gently caress me for knowing this, "Phoenix".

consensual phoenix

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/carlousrichard/status/1420721787508334600

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
If Turner execs knew about Nick Gage they'd go "Hell yeah, MDK all loving day!"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Networks hate druggie redemption stories.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

IGgy IGsen posted:

If Turner execs knew about Nick Gage they'd go "Hell yeah, MDK all loving day!"

on WOR last night, Meltzer said Tony cleared everything with TNT beforehand, so yeah

or specifically, I think they're going "Hell yeah, with the ratings you've been pulling, MDK all loving day or whatever it is you've been doing that works"

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s almost like Tony Khan isn’t a huge moron or something

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow the guy that's been around TV his entire life because of sports knows to talk to TV execs about what's going to be on their TV network?

Wow.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

a cyborg mug posted:

It’s almost like Tony Khan isn’t a huge moron or something
The only criticism I've heard TNT have against him is "Hey, please tell us about huge surprises so we can promote them" which I guess is exactly what they're doing with the CM Punk tease in a round-about way

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

The only criticism I've heard TNT have against him is "Hey, please tell us about huge surprises so we can promote them" which I guess is exactly what they're doing with the CM Punk tease in a round-about way

The only way they could make it more obvious CM Punk was showing up is to just drop the graphic one Friday afternoon with his twitter account misspelled.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
TNT Executive: Well Mr. Khan. once again you are massively exceeding expectations, however we do have one major concern. Your show is too cool and filled with surprises. We want time and forewarning to promote those surprises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

The only way they could make it more obvious CM Punk was showing up is to just drop the graphic one Friday afternoon with his twitter account misspelled.

Welcome to the team, @CPMunk.