Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm pretty sure the last few posts were the prototype concept for Disco Elysium ITT.

But I digress.

webmaster77 posted:

Here is the challenge I lay out for everyone. You must post a video of you taking a bro-shot. What exactly is a bro-shot? It's you taking a shot in a creative manner with the rest of your bros.

For it to be considered a Bro-Shot, you have to have more then just yourself in the video. So that means at least two bro's have to be in the video or you obviously aren't a bro. You can take the shot in any way shape or form, but you have to do more then just take a normal shot, otherwise it wouldn't be funny or even creative.

Also once you have completed the Bro-Shot you have to look at the camera and shout out what you and your bros are repping. If that means you are just repping somethingawful.com, then you do the bro-shot, look at the camera and say "Somethingawful.com". Then once you do the shot, to prove yourself you must then do it again.

For example my bro-shot is like this....

I snort a line of salt
Take a shot
Get punched in the face
Then I say bro-juice.com
Then I do it all one more time

Here is my shot, I hope people come up with some good stuff.

http://bro-juice.com/?p=109

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Free webmaster77

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

And DM worth their salt would absolutely allow that to work ..... but then immediately throw in a hidden trap where they have to roll a charisma saving throw

why would the DM allow a completely unrelated skill to work? you can't math a door open, no matter how complex the equations.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

It's a "yes and?" approach. If a player wants to math open a door, give me an explanation why it would work. If what they say is entertaining, fun, or advances the story, I say go for it. Granted, I say that as someone who quit playing tabletop more than 20 years ago because of a bad railroad GM (and a furry GM who tried to sexually assault my character with his DMPC faerie dragon; great way to find out that furries exist).

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

they worked out the precise details of how the door works. they're just too inept to actually do anything with this knowledge.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

they worked out the precise details of how the door works. they're just too inept to actually do anything with this knowledge.

this is the ideal solution.

maybe even let them diagram it to give the rogue with actual lockpicking skills advantage

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Player offers to do wizard's math homework in exchange for wizard blowing up the door. Party synergy

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RFC2324 posted:

why would the DM allow a completely unrelated skill to work? you can't math a door open, no matter how complex the equations.

If the DM already allowed the player to roll up an Engineer class character with a Calculus ability then they'll have also written up an entire skilltree that allows them to math their way out of any situation. :colbert:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!
what if the door is locked by zenos paradox?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Hodgepodge posted:

what if the door is locked by zenos paradox?

Barbarian says "I refute it thusly" and kicks it down

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

engineering skill points out where the contractors half assed the door installation

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!
your mathematician deduces the resonant frequency of the door

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

we have a 99 percent chance of kicking the door down *barbarian breaks his leg* well i did say 99 percent

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I can't find this stupid quote that's rattling around in my skull. It was about how goons all performatively pretend to know nothing about pop culture, and it was like, three goons talking about Ed Sheeran's new song, then "who is eaud sheerhan" and then "I've never even heard of music" or something similarly stupid. Please help :shobon:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I can't find this stupid quote that's rattling around in my skull. It was about how goons all performatively pretend to know nothing about pop culture, and it was like, three goons talking about Ed Sheeran's new song, then "who is eaud sheerhan" and then "I've never even heard of music" or something similarly stupid. Please help :shobon:

As an out of touch old, I can tell you it's not always performative. I mean it was 20 years ago when I pretended not to know pop music to seem cool, but now I legit don't know anything about pop music because I'm a loving fossil who should be Logan Runned.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

As an out of touch old, I can tell you it's not always performative. I mean it was 20 years ago when I pretended not to know pop music to seem cool, but now I legit don't know anything about pop music because I'm a loving fossil who should be Logan Runned.

Ed Sheerunned

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The trick is to have never been in touch in the first place

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Problem

God dammit, it cannot be. A disgrace! That door on the coast... you remember the one, right? The one that leads to the abandoned supply depot? Why, in the name of all that's holy, does it not open? *Why*?! There *has* to be a way to get through that unopenable door. By gods, you're the police -- all doors are supposed to open before you. What will the others at the precinct think if you can't open a goddamn door? There must be a way.

Solution

There is no way to open the supply depot door. Accept it. You cannot open *all the doors*. You have to integrate this into your character. Some doors will forever remain closed. Even if every single other door will open at one time or another, maybe to a key, or maybe to some sort of tool meant for opening doors... But this one will never accede to such commands. A realization crucial to personal growth. Crucial.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The trick to being out of touch is to have a partner who's out of time. Unfortunately they'll be out of their head when you're not around

edit: ^ jokes on you I passed that check

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Heath posted:

The trick is to have never been in touch in the first place

that's my secret, Cap... i'm always baffled and irked by contemporary popular culture

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

sebmojo posted:

that's my secret, Cap... i'm always baffled and irked by contemporary popular culture

Is that a reference to something?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

oh I know it's very definitely not, because they changed what "it" is on me too

Just the esoteric phrasing on "who is eaud sheerhan" or whatever had me chuckling earlier today and I was hoping someone could find it!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's a got actor

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

RFC2324 posted:

this is the ideal solution.

maybe even let them diagram it to give the rogue with actual lockpicking skills advantage

Yeah, this is probably how I would do it too. They can’t do it themselves with that skill, but the specific instructions let the rogue do it easier

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

He's a got actor

Did you mean a good actor

Because I have trouble believing that

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

When that lady did a covid PR thing with Biden and I didn't know who the lady was, that was when I knew I really was just old and done.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

tangy yet delightful posted:

When that lady did a covid PR thing with Biden and I didn't know who the lady was, that was when I knew I really was just old and done.

guarantee biden also didnt know

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

some plague rats posted:

Did you mean a good actor

Because I have trouble believing that

He was an actor in the TV series Game of Thrones, commonly shorted to GoT or got.

His character was killed and eaten by Arya's direwolf.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

jetz0r posted:

He was an actor in the TV series Game of Thrones, commonly shorted to GoT or got.

His character was killed and eaten by Arya's direwolf.

Oh, okay. I wouldn't know, you see I

never watched it. :smuggo:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

When I was younger I interacted with people with different enough musical taste I'd at least hear the names of the big artists. But these days literally all my friends listen to various forms of weird poo poo, whether that's death metal or chiptunes where the notes somehow have neckbeards. I've literally heard more metal covers of Stan Rogers songs than pop songs over the last decade. I might be the least cool person on planet earth, but at least I'm fat and single.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

EorayMel posted:

I'm pretty sure the last few posts were the prototype concept for Disco Elysium ITT.

The one where if you minmax your skills, your highest skills start popping up all the time and railroading you into even dumber decisions.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

I think the first stage of life is you know the names of famous people and you know why they're famous, the second stage of life is that you know their names but you have no idea what they've done or why their names are floating around, and the third stage of life is you don't know any currently famous people at all not even just names.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Is pop music even that much of a thing anymore? Feels like the internet kinda blew the doors off that, at least you very rarely have anything as omnipresent as 90s and 00s pop hits used to be.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is pop music even that much of a thing anymore? Feels like the internet kinda blew the doors off that, at least you very rarely have anything as omnipresent as 90s and 00s pop hits used to be.

The top 40 have been the same handful of songs since 2014

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I guess there was Despacito.
I personally only listen to indie alt-folk so I wouldn't know.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Heath posted:

Yeah, that sounds about right.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ENCYCLOPEDIA: [trivial: failure]:

Heath posted:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pop music is always the most popular music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

flavor.flv posted:

The trick to being out of touch is to have a partner who's out of time. Unfortunately they'll be out of their head when you're not around

wow and this was even posted on a thursday!