Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/smashmouth/status/1420411317765042193?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

smash mouth boof the eggs

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

La Trahison des images

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Megadestructo/status/1420410181372968965

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/evilrashida/status/1420771240722059269?s=21

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
https://twitter.com/KnockBrands/status/1420686814818541569

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That's not absolute black. That's moderately black at most.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Saddest Rhino posted:

thanks that explains a lot! also lol that you have systems where you must have a paid additional key fob to enter the apartment at certain hours wtf
Usually everyone on the lease gets one for free and you only have to pay for replacements. $100 is steeper than I've seen but the replacements are typically priced artificially high to prevent people from constantly losing them and bugging the apartment office about getting new ones.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Can you even see a single opera for $350 bucks? And I'd pay that much to not have to read proust

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
350$ buys you a lot of madeleines, there's your Proust right there.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can you even see a single opera for $350 bucks? And I'd pay that much to not have to read proust

You can see a show at the Met for like $50, though not a great seat, and theatre and opera tickets in Europe are MUCH cheaper than here because the governments actually support the arts.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

You can see a show at the Met for like $50, though not a great seat, and theatre and opera tickets in Europe are MUCH cheaper than here because the governments actually support the arts.

Yeah, I checked and the cheapest regular tickets at the Opéra Bastille are €15, though some of the seating is set up so you can't necessarily see what's happening on the stage. They also offer preshow tickets for €10 if you're under 28. A night at the opera can break the bank, but it doesn't have to - especially if you get rush tickets, or are eligible for student and/or young people discounts.

Hard agree about the Proust though

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
France also does a thing where if you're on unemployment, you can get into museums and cultural sites for free. "Hey, life is hard for you right now, go spend a day looking at art"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Funny, but Smash Mouth don’t get to take any moral high ground after playing that stupid Sturgis Motorcycle Rally concert last year.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

canyoneer posted:

France also does a thing where if you're on unemployment, you can get into museums and cultural sites for free. "Hey, life is hard for you right now, go spend a day looking at art"

God drat France is so much better than the USA

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Yeah, but France compensates for it by being comparatively turbo-racist.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yeah, and even the cultural initiatives tie into the turbo-racism. There's a reason the French government wants to promote classic French language and culture, you see.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

french "draw mohammad" program leads to teens drawing massive amount of islamic hentai

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Stexils posted:

french "draw mohammad" program leads to teens drawing massive amount of islamic hentai

Harem, haram what’s the difference!?

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

canyoneer posted:

*looks smug in British*

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Beastie posted:

Harem, haram what’s the difference!?
That is indeed the etymology of that word.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

britain musuems are non british culture though

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Stexils posted:

britain musuems are non british culture though

If you argue that stealing things from other people is British culture then actually, the museums are an excellent example.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That’s all fine and good but does the opera have Goku?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Warbird posted:

That’s all fine and good but does the opera have Goku?

I dunno, but Goku does have the opera at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQVov2BNIcw

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Yestermoment posted:

Yeah, but France compensates for it by being comparatively turbo-racist.

Comparatively to what exactly?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Pththya-lyi posted:

Yeah, I checked and the cheapest regular tickets at the Opéra Bastille are €15, though some of the seating is set up so you can't necessarily see what's happening on the stage. They also offer preshow tickets for €10 if you're under 28. A night at the opera can break the bank, but it doesn't have to - especially if you get rush tickets, or are eligible for student and/or young people discounts.

Hard agree about the Proust though

Uhhh, if I can choose between Rush and opera? I know what tickets I'm buying

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

I would assume because there's nothing more badass than being able to receive mail at the address:

*Name*
The Black House
*Town*

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

smh if you wouldnt call it the midnight mansion

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Ebony Edifice

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Dark Dwelling

Void Vessel

Hematite House

Magnetite Manor

Shadow Shack

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

The low-chroma home-a

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cthonic cabin

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/kyleayers/status/1420553199795073025

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MisterABK/status/1421045999083134976

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

This guy is one of my favourite internet people lately.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

This here is a deep cut. No one under the age of 40 will get this at all.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

jesus christ i actually felt those neurons resurrect themselves

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Everything this man does shows great competence and skill, and yet I find him to be supremely unfunny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Zetsubou-san posted:

jesus christ i actually felt those neurons resurrect themselves

I know right? I hadn't thought about that game in ages but as soon as I read that, I instantly pictured the arcade cabinet with that weird bike handlebar controller.