Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Potsticker posted:

Ame moved on to superchats after 20 mins so she didn't seem too thrilled with it.
It's not a fun game, it's the worst MOBA I've ever played and I played League of Legends for 10 years. There's no balance to the game, you spam buttons on a less than one second cooldown and anyone who's been playing nonstop or paid to win will just beat you because there's no actual skill in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
a moba is still a moba even if it has a pokemon skin on it, which is to say not fun to play unless you're ten million percent down the moba hole

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

RealFoxy posted:

It's not a fun game, it's the worst MOBA I've ever played and I played League of Legends for 10 years. There's no balance to the game, you spam buttons on a less than one second cooldown and anyone who's been playing nonstop or paid to win will just beat you because there's no actual skill in it.

The game itself reeks of a cash in and it shows. The IP as a whole is worse of having it exist. Ame seemed like she really wanted to enjoy it because of Pokemon but game be bad.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Unite is made by Tencent so it being a shameless cash in isn't surprising in the least

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RealFoxy posted:

The Pokemon MOBA is so pay to win that streamers are dropping hundreds of dollars just to solo pub stomp for content, and it probably doesn't hurt that most players are just kids.

Critikal showcased a 50-3 kill game where he was 49 kills and the other team's 3 kills happened in the first minute or two.

Literally the only pay for power mechanic in the game is item upgrades. Items level from 1-30, and get their last major upgrade at level 20, which is trivial to reach as a f2p player - I have like 5 level 20 items after finishing my daily quests for a week and a half or so(you only need 3 to fully equip a pokemon and several items are good across most of the cast), and I haven't dropped a cent on item upgrades. 20-30 is hosed up idiotic levels of investment(it's ~580 item upgrade things to go 1-20, and 2000 to go 20-30), but the difference in power between a level 20 item and a level 30 item is absolutely miniscule.

As an example, the Float Stone item's stats at level 20 are +18 attack and +80 movement speed, and at level 30 it's....+24 attack and +120 movement speed. In a game where a Pokemon's base movement speed is measured in the low thousands and attack is pushing 100 at level 1. Is it a tiny increase in strength if you're a turbo whale? Yeah, I guess. Does it actually affect the outcome of anything? Not really, no.

The game is balanced like instagib rocket tag, with hugely damaging abilities and ludicrously powerful crowd control options that make it incredibly easy to snowball all over people. The titanic majority of what people think is P2W is just a team setting up a snowball and rolling on the enemy team constantly. Winning a couple of crucial fights/stealing some neutral pokemon gives you a level or two advantage, which means you have a much easier time winning the next fight, which continues the cycle until the losing team is 3-4 levels down and basically has no chance.

Thankfully the games are a whopping 10 minutes long at absolute most and have a surrender function so the common problem in the moba genre of being trapped in an awful game for 30 minutes to an hour simply does not exist.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 30, 2021

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.
Settle in with your baja blast and nacho fries because Gura bardcore tavern karaoke starts in 5 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7pJeLsAj50

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

I'm incredibly shocked that Gura both knows the meaning of defenestrate and used it correctly in a sentence.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

antisocial democrat posted:

Settle in with your baja blast and nacho fries because Gura bardcore tavern karaoke starts in 5 minutes:

don't miss this

gwambis the travelling shark bard is going to sing us some songs as soon as she finishes mediating on the nature of mana and evaluating the risk that the chef will poison the entire village

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

nvm.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

antisocial democrat posted:

Oh lordy, she's singing "I need a hero" in bard form.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Come for the Shark singing, stay for the bard RP Improv

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Gura was already great with folky acoustic stuff so this is great, I Need a Hero on lute with silly bard lyrics is cute as hell.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I like when Gura interacts with props like her mug but because she can't actually make her model hold it, it just sort of Homestar Runner-style floats around

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

Oh lordy, she's singing "I need a hero" in bard form.

Well, of course she does. Someone has to fight that oversized wizard.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

This strange half-roleplay is endearing.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Kiara and Ame having off-stream minecraft adventures

https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1420899991367913477

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Rubellavator posted:

Kiara and Ame having off-stream minecraft adventures

https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1420899991367913477

Been a lot of Ame and Kiara teetee lately. Not that I'm complaining.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.
Sir Brightside of the small kingdom Las Vegas

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ok gently caress I missed the beginning of this, I will find the archive and post it this shouldnt be missed

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Jerkface posted:

Ok gently caress I missed the beginning of this, I will find the archive and post it this shouldnt be missed

It really is a shame that its unarchived. Gura clearly put in a ton of work rewriting all the songs to be bard friendly and fit her theme. I hope Gura does more of this because all of its has been great.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

This stream is very fu

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
gura cant do alejandro at all and it doesnt matter she's loving it

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

hardcore bard roleplay gura is so powerful

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
RIP Gura attacked by bug

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Don't write to me

Don't write to me

Alejandro

My shadow 'tis but my only companion

Log082 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 30, 2021

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Also that is literally the RuneScape Beer

https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Beer_tankard

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Oh my god this Boulevard of Broken Dreams cover.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Amidst the thoroughfare of unkept dreams

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

This is the worst cover of I will Survive Ive ever heard I'm dying

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
This is the only correct cover of I Will Survive I've ever heard, it's incredible

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Wudz posted:

This is the only correct cover of I Will Survive I've ever heard, it's incredible

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Unite is made by Tencent so it being a shameless cash in isn't surprising in the least

Haha yeah, not like Nintendo hasn't been known for that with their F2P stuff, like Animal Crossing Pocket Camp or Pokemon Masters or FE Heroes or the Kirby hunting game on Switch haha

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Wudz posted:

I will surViiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive as bijdgkmgm gkjsdgkl fmlfma mfmalfalfmaf - Gura

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

MORE SKA, AME!

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
This is also the most unending cover of I Will Survive I've ever heard?????

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Wudz posted:

the only way this song is meant to be performed:

just got dumped, completely hammer drunk at the karaoke bar

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

Tavernkeeper, bring me another ale

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I am ... GWOMBUS the Simple... a traveling bard, I - Don't know - about - all that" - Gawr Ghwombus, the Bard

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
That's Sir Brightside to you ma'am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
This is all good but she needs to do the ballad of sir MONTERO