Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Sister's big tits ruined everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

SnowblindFatal posted:

Sister's big tits ruined everything.

He chose to go to school with big (tits) sister instead of ghost girl and pretends that's what he was assigned.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Did she ever let him get his grope on, this is important

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

ALFbrot posted:

Únfortunately this comic is going to answer this question, Im sure.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

ALFbrot posted:

Yes, but only through a sheet so they could pretend it was research.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I found something that is kinda sorta relevant to the thread. I found it fun at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AtA4SJicsE

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Smash crackle now: rejected rice krispies slogan

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Haha you haven't been cheating on me right haha

But seriously

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, she really sucks. You know perfectly well that he's not cheating on you!

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

looking toward to the cuck arc

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lodin posted:

Man, she really sucks. You know perfectly well that he's not cheating on you!

i imagine it's not for a lack of trying

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Everyone keeps thinking he’s a new janitor, which finally ties this back to the arc

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jul 27, 2021

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

W-we're hitting respect levels that shouldn't be possible...!?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

When the (F)ucking bar fills up does it trigger an on-screen orgy? :ohdear:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
https://kotaku.com/man-kills-elderly-parents-because-they-always-interrupt-1847368076

our boy is at it again

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

F

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

F: 1325, you say?

don't mind if I do! posted:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Checks out

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Vic posted:

Checks out

thabk you for bugtesting

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

End of Page 84

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 27, 2021

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

You can have a little flirting. As a treat

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

The way her eyes are drawn is really impressive, at least from my not-an-artist perspective. This comic looks very doofy quite often but the artist can definitely flex from time to time.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Space Kablooey posted:

You can have a little a flirting. As a treat

ftfy :tipshat:

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Translator's notes:

What Yoriko says is a little ambiguous in Japanese and I feel I might have made the meaning a little too explicit in English.

Yoriko says 「浮気してもいいけど」(uwaki shite mo ii kedo). 浮気 (uwaki) means "cheating, infidelity, unfaithfulness, an affair", and due to the jokey way she's using it with Enami I've translated it as "fooling around" in one comic and "flirting" in another.

So "uwaki shite mo ii kedo" might literally be translated as "cheating is fine though". Now, I don't think Yoriko is honestly giving Enami permission to cheat on her. What I THINK she really means is that she recognizes that Enami goes to a different school and there's the possibility that girls there might hit on him. She’s encouraging him to be friendly and return light flirtations, but to take it no farther than that, "letting them down gently", if you will. I think that’s what’s implied by the particle kedo here, which implies a little vagueness or contradiction.

Yoriko expects Enami to read between the lines and understand what her ambiguous statement means, but we all know this is asking a lot because Enami is as dense as a rock. It's one of the reasons he's freaked out by her statement; he doesn't understand what she means.

At least that's my reading. I'm not an expert on the subtleties of Japanese or anything.

Finally, I don't think I've thanked any of you for contributing to my Patreon. The response I've gotten has been amazing. If I had been told a year ago I'd be translating the NEET comic in a strange new arc involving teenagers wanting to become psychics I would have never believed it. Thank you all for your generosity and encouragement. It means a lot to me.

Your Friend
Aug 21, 2019
Thanks for the regular, reliable updates. These nuanced translation notes are not only appreciated, but getting into the pedantic minutia of lingual vagaries and obsessing over the potential implications of any given ambiguity seems very much in the spirit of NEET.

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Primo av material

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
In at the deep end!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Take them to Spirit Court

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I did NOT expect a glorantha crossover

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Toshiyuki Enami: Paranormal Attorney

I would make a Phoenix Wright joke, but he's a been a paranormal attorney since the first game

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Code Lyoko vibes here.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

RETURN TO THE PAST [flashback to neet's childhood for three months]

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Showstopper identified. Tohru is now the most powerful tester on the room.