Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i do hope she gets a chance

coconono posted:

Agreement. She got a raw deal out of ROH and has been doing every odd job out there to try and get back into TV wrestling again. She even has/had a podcast on Russo's podcast network, which was the only thing worth listening to. Also a babe.

Thirding. I like her a bunch and she kind of got hosed by ROH.

She's written a few children's books, I do kind of wonder if they're any good. They look cute and my niece has a second birthday coming up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1420965062232190976

People were definitely deflated by that ending, but if you're gonna do it, that was the right time to do it, I think.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Zombie Lemur posted:

I guess it shouldn't surprise me due to the general state of the world, but it's funny that they keep harping on "violence is chasing fans away" when it's demonstrably false. At least find something more subjective to be disingenuous about.
Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead were tame compared to the disgusting amount of violence that AEW broadcasted.

What's that? Those were the most popular TV shows of the last decade? Well, nevertheless.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

If stupid boring Christian gets the match with Kenny at All Out probe me for a month so I can laugh/cry at how lovely the Unprettier looks without posting my month-long disappointment

:toxx:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Pylons posted:

People were definitely deflated by that ending, but if you're gonna do it, that was the right time to do it, I think.

The viewers dropped because 1.2 million people saw Tanahashi and hundreds of thousands of them started furiously googling him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i cried during the dark order hangman entrance and then turned off teh show. it was the best show i've seen

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Nick Jr. Face posted:

The question of "who knows how much longer we'll have live crowds this time around" has me concerned that we might end up rolling back to the small crowds at Daily's Place because of a handful of pieces of poo poo who still aren't taking the virus seriously enough to get vaccinated.

Yeah I mean outside of my (admittedly maybe too much) umbrage towards anything about this, can you imagine AEW trying to stretch Kenny/Hangman out for 3 more months only to have to go back to Daily's Place before November.

I mean, I know what's up with me. This is absolutely true. I can get way too emotionally invested and absorbed in any media I consume which means that sometimes I have difficulty looking at it objectively. If you want primo heeling The Elite is doing an amazing job of it. I just personally don't. Kinda sick of watching bad guys winning you know? Not in wrestling, just in general.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 30, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would suggest watching something other than the one thing where bad guys absolutely must win at least 50% of the time if not more or else the whole system falls apart and becomes uninteresting

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Nearly 100k people tuned in for nick gage. 50k in the demo. I think fans like blood and guts wrestling

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I think this is going to be the final coda on Hangman's character growth, and Kenny's going to flip his lid when he sees Hangman tearing poo poo up instead of getting discouraged and sulking away. This could be a misstep, but I think its going to feel like a solid step when the dust settles.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was an uncalled for post. i apologize

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It would be funny and in character if Kenny DEMANDS a rematch with Hangman because this recent loss didn’t send Page into an alcohol-fueled depression spiral.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Seams posted:

It would be funny and in character if Kenny DEMANDS a rematch with Hangman because this recent loss didn’t send Page into an alcohol-fueled depression spiral.

It would be the actual, very good conclusion. Like Hangman on BTE/Dynamite is taking the loss relatively well (does the, "you've got to get back on that horse" metaphor and everything) and Kenny just loses his loving poo poo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The quarters seem to indicate more that people tune out during the all-talk-no-wrestling block that Dynamite often has after their openers. The first hour's pacing is usually pretty talk-heavy, which is one of my very few regular complaints about the show overall. Keeping the pace consistent keeps viewers engaged throughout.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

The quarters seem to indicate more that people tune out during the all-talk-no-wrestling block that Dynamite often has after their openers. The first hour's pacing is usually pretty talk-heavy, which is one of my very few regular complaints about the show overall. Keeping the pace consistent keeps viewers engaged throughout.

Are you implying people tune in to see pro wrestling on the pro wrestling show? hosed up thought to have floating in your brain, dude. What the hell

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

a cyborg mug posted:

Are you implying people tune in to see pro wrestling on the pro wrestling show? hosed up thought to have floating in your brain, dude. What the hell

You've got to have a little bit of talking to help promote future matches, and because you have amazing talkers and it'd be a shame if you didn't use them, but if they could spread it out a little better that'd be good.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Totally, just shitposting.

That quarter might’ve also gone differently if the PnP/FTR match had gone as planned instead of getting rushed to the end due to the injury. Who knows how long the match would’ve gone on, it felt like it never really got going properly.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

a cyborg mug posted:

Totally, just shitposting.

That quarter might’ve also gone differently if the PnP/FTR match had gone as planned instead of getting rushed to the end due to the injury. Who knows how long the match would’ve gone on, it felt like it never really got going properly.

it's a shame because that build was incredible but i feel like people weren't talking about it as much as they should, it was more compelling and true to contemporary life than wrestling stories usually are, all four guys are good promos, not even counting their managers who are still high level promos too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I gotta be honest, I was having a hard time paying attention to it even before the injury because of its spot on the card. Following that 10-man tag and directly following the Tanahashi promo....not a great spot.

Same thing with the First Dance announcement and the Hikuleo/Archer match. Just couldn't even pretend to actually be watching that match.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Nick Jr. Face posted:

The question of "who knows how much longer we'll have live crowds this time around" has me concerned that we might end up rolling back to the small crowds at Daily's Place because of a handful of pieces of poo poo who still aren't taking the virus seriously enough to get vaccinated.

not to veer but it's a lot more than a handful compadre

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Now part of me is wondering if the elite winning was a change of direction because they’re no longer sure that they’re going to have fans at All Out and they absolutely must have that match be at a live show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

zimbomonkey posted:

Now part of me is wondering if the elite winning was a change of direction because they’re no longer sure that they’re going to have fans at All Out and they absolutely must have that match be at a live show.

World Champion Adam Page 2024

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'd be surprised if it were panic booking. I feel like they've had something in mind for a while and they're moving towards it.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Pylons posted:

No, viewership went down a lot during that quarter because the feed died on TNT for a bunch of people for about five minutes.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Also Thunder Rosa is a draw.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The FTW segment fell pretty flat for me and it wasn't just sound issues so them hemorrhaging viewers there doesn't shock me at all

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Also Thunder Rosa is a draw.

a Latina badass with crossover appeal across all demographics that is proud of her heritage and allowed to be a face?

it's unthinkable

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Lid posted:

a Latina badass with crossover appeal across all demographics that is proud of her heritage and allowed to be a face?

it's unthinkable

She's got an awesome look, promo, charisma, toughness, workrate, she comes across as genuine and can express sincere emotions on camera.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

El Generico posted:

She's got an awesome look, promo, charisma, toughness, workrate, she comes across as genuine and can express sincere emotions on camera.

Think of all that, and remember that the only value WWE could see in her was being a referee

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Drakkel posted:

Think of all that, and remember that the only value WWE could see in her was being a referee

It’s so bizarre. I guess WWE are just looking for people to fill predetermined slots, instead of hiring talented people to do their thing and carve out that slot for themselves.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The honest roar Thunder Rosa gets from the crowd is one of my favourite things in wrestling.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wasn’t the deal with TR and WWE more that they were looking for women refs and a friend passed her name on rather than them actively trying to recruit her specifically as a ref?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Wasn’t the deal with TR and WWE more that they were looking for women refs and a friend passed her name on rather than them actively trying to recruit her specifically as a ref?

they brought her to a tryout and directly told her they are only interested in using her as a referee for NXT

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh my fuckin go... Hahahahahahahaha

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I watch it again every time it's quoted.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If you were given the prompt "Come up with six words Cody Rhodes has to say at the beginning of a promo before he suddenly gets kicked in the face," I think that "So much happening in our world..." might literally be the best possible answer. A beautiful perfect moment

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A Fancy Hat posted:

Hangman was described as "really good looking"

Well... her story checks out :hmmyes:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

a cyborg mug posted:

It’s so bizarre. I guess WWE are just looking for people to fill predetermined slots, instead of hiring talented people to do their thing and carve out that slot for themselves.

Similar to how after Eddie Kingston's first appearance on Dynamite, WWE called him up and wanted to give him a job as a trainer.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Oh my God I just realized that if Page/Omega is still the plan then Tanahashi will be present for Hangman overcoming Kenny and rising to the top. Just like Tanahashi said he was capable of during the 2018 G1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Oh my God I just realized that if Page/Omega is still the plan then Tanahashi will be present for Hangman overcoming Kenny and rising to the top. Just like Tanahashi said he was capable of during the 2018 G1

Tanahashi is gonna join the Dark Order, thus creating the most wholesome stable in all of pro wrestling history.