Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
simpsons road rage is one of the only games I've ever sold

not because I hated it, I just played it to death and didn't feel like I'd ever want to play it again

I got about $6 for it and used that to buy Jet Set Radio Future for about $2
the clerk looked at me like I was out of my mind when I told him what I wanted. I hope he looks back on that day and realizes he was in the presence of a game purchasing genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
road rage was so good at copying crazy taxi that sega sued the developers over it lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Sub-Actuality posted:

I sincerely miss nintendo power. Even reading about games I never played was completely enthralling

I had one of those collected hints-and-cheats books for the Genesis and Game Gear, and I spent way more time just reading about and imagining Genesis games I would never play than using it for games I did.

It's really wild to think about how obscure and precious video-game information felt in the pre-Internet world. I have a very distinct memory of my family buying some brand of instant oatmeal packets that had hints for Mega Drive/Game Gear Sonic on them for a promotion, and my trying very hard one morning to memorize its hint about how to get the Chaos Emerald on the second stage, which I couldn't figure out how to do. A goddamn oatmeal packet was going to teach me a secret of the universe!

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

This was…extremely disappointing

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I always forget how much bizarre garbage Rockstar made before GTA

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bouillon Rube posted:

This was…extremely disappointing

i had the other one. the oh behave one with austin powers. i thought it was neat, it was like a little toy computer

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
When I was a kid I would have loved that poo poo.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the hosed up thing about those is there were supposed to be two more that nobody knew about until that huge nintendo leak last year, because i guess rockstar originally thought the world needed four austin powers themed game boy color fake computer applications for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlV49sxBK4c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRsIZY-d4R0

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Wow when the sound clips get played... quality.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

elf help book posted:

Austin Powers Says "gently caress"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
Pac 2 on the sega genesis

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Cheese Thief posted:

Pac 2 on the sega genesis

i spent way more time with this game than i should have because i just loved pissing pac-man off or getting him high and watching him do stupid poo poo lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Meloncholric posted:

i spent way more time with this game than i should have because i just loved pissing pac-man off or getting him high and watching him do stupid poo poo lol

pacman 2 owns. its weird they billed it as a sequel in the us though

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

mycophobia posted:

pacman 2 owns. its weird they billed it as a sequel in the us though

i had thought until recently that it was a sequel to pac-in-time but it looks like that game came out a few months later. weird lol

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Pac Man 2 was amazing as a kid. It was a weird departure from games I played up to that point. Plus the animations ruled

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Meloncholric posted:

i had thought until recently that it was a sequel to pac-in-time but it looks like that game came out a few months later. weird lol
pac-in-time was based on an unrelated amiga game

the pc, mac and gameboy versions are basically just a reskin of the amiga game, while the snes version is basically a remake with much bigger sprites

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
one time i went to the grocery store and rented super mario bros 3 but when i got home it turned out I accidentally grabbed the wrong tag or something because in the case was goddamn total recall.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
oh, and I actually bought gex 64. fail.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

complete with Pete Postlethwaite lovingly rendered in four shades of green:

why? because I was a 10-year-old dork who was way into dragons

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Looked up Dragonheart on speedrun.com to see a gameplay video, and I like the speedrun checkpoint names

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Martman posted:

Looked up Dragonheart on speedrun.com to see a gameplay video, and I like the speedrun checkpoint names

So is that where all the dragons I had action figures of came from? Because there were so many dragons in that toyline and there was one in the movie. My favorite was either the one with a detachable snake head or the one the bad guy rode.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

look at how chill and content that loving dragon is

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jesus i wish that was me

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

President Beep posted:

jesus i wish that was me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'd swagger around all day in those scales if i could

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

tail as old as time

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I bought this with my birthday money instead of Vice City one year.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

NienNunb posted:

Gee I wonder why

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

Gee I wonder why

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Duke Nukem to GameStop employee: Do you have any copies of Freaky Flyers? You know, the game with the *glances around store and starts talking louder* girl with big tits on the cover

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004