Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

quote:

Tazz has been known to use his size to his advantage. He used his size and speed to his advantage

loving incredible :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

quote:

Eventual Lee
@RealKeithLee
I've decided. I am just going to tell you guys the story myself. Give me a week or two.
It will be the most beautifully written narrative I've ever told. It will be The Lord of The Rings story.

"What do you mean I can't see the maps?"

For decades, Lee has prepared for his legend. The legend he has lived for his entire career as a competitor. You see, he has spent his entire life with one purpose. He has worked to become the greatest fighter who has ever lived. And now he is about to accomplish this mission. He is about to become immortal.

Lee has spoken with the head of The

in the alternative

quote:

"I've decided. I am just going to tell you guys the story myself. Give me a week or two," said Keith Lee. "I'm working on a new project that I'm really excited about, so I'm going to go away to New York for a few months and do it and come back and get it out, I guess, at the end of the year. This is not a say anything, shout out to any fan out there. It's going to have a little rock 'n' roll, a little dubstep, a little something else. But it's not done yet. But yeah, it's going to be cool."

Once Lee announces a release date for a new EP, then we can all go back to waiting for the last member of

Oe best yet

quote:

"I've decided. I am just going to tell you guys the story myself. Give me a week or two," said Keith Lee.

That's when everyone in the crowd started to chant his name.

"What? Really?" he said. "I'm going to step out of my comfort zone. I'm going to keep going."

But things got off to a shaky start.

"It was nerve-wracking because the dress was, like, five feet long, so, like, I couldn't walk in it, couldn't turn, couldn't do anything. My beard was enormous. I was going to have to shave it off," said Lee.

The event will take place July 28 at the Seattle Public Library's Madison Branch in the

Lid fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 27, 2021

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
It seems like going with other promotions like AEW, NJPW, Impact, etc. lead to relatively normal events, and this one seemed to start out that way. However!

quote:

In what ended up leading to a full blown riot at the Showboat in Atlantic City, Nick Gage lost his GCW World Heavyweight Championship to Joey Janela.

Following the match, Janela locked Gage in a chainsaw car and drove it into the floor to end Gage's first year in GCW.

In January 2016, Gage resumed his rivalry with Janela over the title, and following a successful title defense against Janela at 30th Anniversary Show, Gage defeated Janela for the championship on March 15 in front of a sold out crowd in Atlantic City.

Gage began a feud with Dustin Rhodes on the August 25 episode of "GCW Ultra" when Rhodes, who had left GCW

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

quote:

Mustafa Ali and Mansoor needed a tag team name, so WWE came up with "The Real Americans", and the duo soon formed a successful tag team.

During a match, Mustafa knocked down his opponent with an electric chair drop onto a chair, but WWE deemed it too dangerous for a live broadcast, so the move was edited out of the video presentation.

The following week, Mike and Maria defeated The Real Americans.

On the February 6 episode of "SmackDown", Mustafa was attacked by The Uso Brothers after a match, leading him to injury and declaring he would no longer compete in

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s cheating to post actual results from the future / an alternate dimension

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

"Good news" said HHH, "Vince has come up with your new tag team name."

The crowd was glad to hear it.

"Brother Love and Chyna will now be known as the Brothers of Destruction."

The Brothers of Destruction were together at the moment.

They made their way down to the ring where The Rock was waiting.

The match began and the two men went at it.

"Ladies and gentlemen," HHH said into his megaphone.

"Brother Love and Chyna are already "anointed" as the second generation of Rock 'n Roll, here to take over the WWE Universe with their insane hairdos and cool dance

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

So I've heard they're bringing back Raw Underground

quote:

This week on WWE Raw Vince McMahon announced that they were bringing back Raw Underground with Sid Vicious as the inaugural champion.

The tournament begins on January 19th. Here is the updated bracket, in order, which means the last round of the finals will take place on January 26th.

Another look at this week’s #RAW pit, right now, with a ferocious-looking Sid Vicious at the helm: https://t.co/k5HWwZTK1E pic.twitter.com/Y84qELiqaK — WWE (@WWE) January 5, 2018

The tournament is a bit of a disappointment. There are several veterans who should be involved, including Paul Heyman, Steve Austin, and Triple H. But WWE is

quote:

This week on WWE Raw Vince McMahon announced that they were bringing back Raw Underground with Sid Vicious as the inaugural champion. The catch? He will be the first entrant in the tournament and he will win it. I don’t know what to think of this.

It is hard for me to watch people try to build a little sense of legitimacy on a program that has to be watched first to actually enjoy, especially on WWE TV. Maybe I’m just being picky, but I don’t think WWE can call the show anything other than Raw Underground if Sid is supposed to be the face of it.

The match itself looks to be awesome, with both men pretty clearly wanting to

quote:

This week on WWE Raw Vince McMahon announced that they were bringing back Raw Underground with Sid Vicious as the inaugural champion.

I haven't had a chance to watch the show but from what I hear from a couple of my buddies who have, it was a complete embarrassment to the history of the company.

Hell, they had Sid Vicious put over some guy who just got the job and has only been a pro wrestler for five months.

Then Vince McMahon makes him get the company to put up the belt by having Seth Rollins say something about putting his family above his title.

Makes no sense to me.

Do the kids even watch wrestling any more?

I don

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 27, 2021

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Yeah bring back Sid.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Armitage posted:

It seems like going with other promotions like AEW, NJPW, Impact, etc. lead to relatively normal events, and this one seemed to start out that way. However!

Want to hear more about this chainsaw car.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Angry_Ed posted:

Want to hear more about this chainsaw car.

It helped him beat Miro! Then all hell broke loose.

quote:

Meanwhile, in AEW, the TNT Champion, Miro, issued an open challenge. To the shock of the crowd, Joey Janela answered the challenge and brought out his trademark chainsaw car. Janela won the match after a top rope senton.

Joey Janela defeated Miro, which is the new highlight of the week.

3. The NFL hosting the 2019 Pro Bowl was supposed to be a dream come true for the Nickelodeon couple, Spongebob Squarepants and Patrick.

Unfortunately, over 100 players withdrew from the Pro Bowl. Now, they’re both on the injured reserve.

HAPPENING NOW: A call for some help. Both @SpongeBob SquarePants and @Patrick_Sponge have been forced to withdraw from this Sunday's #ProBowl

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Numero6 posted:

Yeah bring back Sid.

It worked, Sid's a draw. Let's what the future holds for Raw Underground

quote:

After Raw Underground's realistic shoot-fights proved to be a big ratings draw it's been announced that it will now be its own show with Shane McMahon as general manager.

I was told that McMahon has been working on the creative team to come up with a new idea that will feature equally unrealistic sets and light show.

McMahon will be joined by Goldust (a.k.a. Dustin Rhodes) who's still signed to the company. This new show will be a super hero-style spoof show called Raw Underground: Black Hole.

The change-up could also mean that the live-show will be upgraded to a higher quality production as well.

The show has already started airing on the WWE Network as

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://app.inferkit.com/demo

Brand new talk to transformer. Now you can choose how many characters you want it to output.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

quote:

For his son-in-law HHH's birthday, Vince McMahon tweeted about some of the women he considers to be top female stars in WWE, and why they were so influential to the company.

"My personal favourite, one I thought we should have worked out in terms of the tease - you know, she comes out to a tease of 'let's go' and then she says 'no, no, no' and you're like, 'what the heck's she doing?' and then she comes out to 'I Am…' and you're like, 'She's still not going to say it, she's still not going to give it away,' and I'm like, 'Oh, I am!' and then she goes into, 'Dramatic pause, my name is Charlotte and I'm a three-time WWE champion," he said.

Yeah, that tracks for Vince.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I felt weird about it at first, but I'm just going to steal some of your prompts and put them into GPT3. I'm bad at coming up with them, and this way we can compare the InferKit results to GPT3. If people are actually mad about it I'll stop.

At temperature 0.7:

quote:

For his son-in-law HHH's birthday, Vince McMahon tweeted a picture of him in a US Marines shirt. The caption read, "Happy Birthday to the real @WWERomanReigns! I love you! #ThankYouForYourService." HHH's real name is Paul Levesque, and he is a former WWE executive who married Stephanie McMahon in 2003. He was also a WWE wrestler for a short time in the early 1990s.

At temperature 1.0:

quote:

For his son-in-law HHH's birthday, Vince McMahon tweeted out the following musing: "Great ball of fire--would have made [American folk music legend] Jimmie Rodgers [1897-1933] proud...found his guitar pick up in the parking lot in front of RAW (written in red grease pencil on a slim credit card)--where's the question." The Savage-Hogan-Hornswoggle trifecta appears likely to present a long-term issue for WWE television ratings.

OK, yeah, turning that up definitely makes the output wackier.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Vince tweeting about Roman Reigns instead of HHH on his birthday is deeply hilarious god drat

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

But the logical progression here is not great.

Shawn Spears:

- Can hit Jericho with chairs, but Jericho will get DQd for doing the same.
- Is part of the Pinnacle
Association.

- Was promoted on Nitro and got a countout win. This was about when Brock Lesnar was being promoted through the ECW that year, in a similar way.

- Led a movement to get Lesnar to replace John Bradshaw Layfield, because he believed someone who was young and reckless should be in the ring. He put out a flier.

- Won a battle royal in ECW that was set up as a memorial to the late Taz, but in a very strange way.

- Gave Goldberg a bionic arm in 2001, which has become a punchline.

- Went into a feud with the Black Knight. This was meant to be a parody of Marvel Comics, but instead of he and the Knight fighting for superhero supremacy, they were fighting over control of a gang.

Mick Foley:

- Held the Hardcore Championship for like five years.

- Was the TNA World Champion for

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

On today's WWE investor call, the topic of AEW was brought up. Vince McMahon raised quite a few eyebrows when he said "I'm not so sure what their investments are, where their talent is concerned, perhaps we can give them a call."

This statement directly contradicts Vince McMahon's words to Investors in December during the WWE earnings call:

"AEW seems to be very interested in some of the talent we have, and they've also indicated that they may be interested in some of the talent we're looking to sign. And so, I think that is a great thing for all of us in the business. They're well-managed, smart guys. I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors, but I'm not certain what their investments are, where their talent is concerned, perhaps we can give them a call."

Are Vince McMahon's comments revealing his new plan? Will Vince call up All Elite Wrestling? Will Vince be shocked when he discovers that All Elite Wrestling isn't taking his calls? Let us know in the comments below.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Send us news tips at fightclub@sportskeeda.com

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
That makes it sound like Vince and Tony are gonna share belts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

reignofevil posted:

https://app.inferkit.com/demo

Brand new talk to transformer. Now you can choose how many characters you want it to output.

Oh this is quite neat, I like that tab allows you to continually generate so you don't get sentences ending midway anymore:

quote:

"Look," Vince McMahon said,"The fact is, we can't afford to pay our wrestlers, there is no money. We're broke. They have to work for free." Vince was wearing a suit made out of $1000 bills when he said this. And I did this sketch right after that."

It is true that Vince McMahon said these words in 1993. But he was talking about World Championship Wrestling, not World Wrestling Entertainment. And Vince McMahon did say, "that they have to work for free". The wrestlers weren't exactly getting paid to work then. They were getting paid only if they did the gig and the arena would sell tickets. When you look at the timing, it is clear that Vince McMahon was refering to World Championship Wrestling when he said these words.

But the point is that World Championship Wrestling doesn't exist any longer.

Well... can't argue with that!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
GPT3:

quote:

But the logical progression here is not great.

Shawn Spears:

- Can hit Jericho with chairs, but Jericho will get DQd for doing the same.
- Is part of the Pinnacle.

- Calls himself "The Pinnacle".
- Will run around the ring trying to get in the ring but the ref will not let him.
- Will then go to outside and climb into the ring over the ropes, and start fighting Jericho.
- Will then get DQ'd.
- Will then get beat up by everybody else.
- Will then get stretchered out.
- Will then come back in and hit Jericho with a chair.
- Will then get DQ'd.
- Will then hit Jericho with a chair again.
- Will then get DQ'd.
- Will then get beat up by everybody else.
- Will then get stretchered out.
- Will then come back in and hit Jericho with a chair.
- Will then get DQ'd.
- Will then hit Jericho with a chair again.
- Will then get DQ'd.

And it'll just keep going like that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This uhhh.... this did not go where I thought it was going to go.... :stare:

code:
			INT. TITAN TOWERS CEO OFFICE - NIGHT

VINCE MCMAHON - 48, powerfully built, runs his hands through his lustrous, naturally black hair.

Vince
This damned trial, Jerry they're trying to railroad me for something I didn't do!

JERRY JARRETT - 51, weak and small compared to the manly McMahon, sits across the table from him.

Jerry
Well gee, Vince, maybe you should put me in charge in case you go to jail for letting that doctor give the boys steroids?

Vince
Put YOU in charge? Jerry you have
code:
got to be kidding me.

Jerry
What are you talkin' about? We both know I'm the one who ordered the steroid investigation.

Vince
Let's not play this politically correct game. There's a major change of command in the works here.

Jerry
Oh yeah? What are you gonna do? Change the company name to Titan Towers from the legitimate Century?

Vince
I've got a better idea, I'm gonna fire you.

Jerry
Oh, thank God.

Vince exits.

INT. TITAN TOWERS STADIUM - NIGHT

VINCE MCMAHON - 50, and ADAM REYNOLDS - 22, are sitting at a table and joking with each other.

Vince
Man you're everywhere! I just got a restraining order against you from Oklahoma City!

Adam
Hey, that's my best friend's grandfather. He's got a beef with me.

Vince
You got any idea how much fun we could have had if you weren't always so goody-goody?

Adam
Well I guess that's the price you pay for fame.

Vince shakes his head and leans back in his chair.

Adam
Hey, Vince, how about a quickie while we're here?

Vince
Uh

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Vince took that quickie and landed his first televised wrestling contract.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

reignofevil posted:

Vince took that quickie and landed his first televised wrestling contract.

quote:

There were probably a hundred guys who could have been given a shot at any wrestling company, but Vince was given a shot with the most.

Then he ended up going to Japan.

A lot of people don't know

Edit: Also:

Vince McMahon looked at the message from his wife. Oh. It was Shane's birthday.

Vince told Shane he had a special surprise. She said he was to bring a box into the ring. Inside the box would be a box. She warned that if Shane didn't do it, she'd make him get a Superman tattoo on his birthday.

Our birthday boy was worried, but he had a cake waiting to be sung to. Vince sent in Shane. He pulled a blanket out of the box and announced that he would deliver the cake to the ring. The little ring boy shouted that he'd blow out the candles on his cake! I think the kid is a heel, but I don't know the rules in Canada.

Vince had to leave the ring to go eat dinner.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 30, 2021

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

Roman Reigns said John Cena was like the missionary position. John Cena responded that doing the missionary position for two decades and keeping it interesting was an underappreciated skill and that you would do well to keep such a skillful person around. Roman Reigns responded that he was the nerd in high school that people tried to pick on. Cena responded that he was the football player that did you last homework assignment.

John Cena said that when Roman Reigns has to go out there and be the bully all the time, he doesn't get to be a star because he's a bully. He got to watch Reigns and think, "I'm the boss and I'm in charge." Cena said Roman Reigns needed to stop this jealousy and live in the moment, be grateful, appreciate the platform, and he needs to stop thinking about how to be "the man." Cena said he was the man and he never even thought about being the best.

John Cena challenged Roman Reigns to a match at WWE Fastlane and said he would be doing the Superman punch. John Cena will sign his entire hair for that match.

quote:

Baron Corbin's dick doesn't work and he decided John Cena was the person to go talk to about this and he decided to do it on live television in the ring. No major scars, no hypnotherapy sessions, just John Cena. Then we see the guy that John Cena asks about him, Baron Corbin having his balls pulled in a tire iron. The ring is filled with a couple of jacked up wrestler wannabes including a couple guys that clearly never came into the WWE because they had no business there in the first place and a guy from the NXT crew. Baron Corbin gets beat up because this is how things work. The fans boo the heels, the heels get beat up by the guys that shouldn't have been there. Basically, that's a pretty good video version of one of my favorite movies, Old School. Just so we're all on the same page.

Now, since I've given you a good synopsis of what happened during the segment, we are going to assume that Baron Corbin probably works better as a heel than a babyface. Also, his cock doesn't work either so we're assuming it's either broken or he uses it as a mop. Baron Corbin's issue is that he is big and strong, but doesn't work as a babyface and we could get him to the point of adding a cape or something because he needs something to help him stand out as a bad guy.

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 31, 2021

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Lol we had a similar idea

quote:

John Cena was in the ring, cutting a promo and insulting Roman Reigns. Instead of Reigns coming out, the down on his luck Baron Corbin came out. Corbin entered the ring and asked for help, and Cena gave him 20 bucks. Corbin was not happy and begged Cena for a role in his new movie, "The Jumanji Project." Cena thought for a second and said he'd think about it. Later on, Corbin ran down to his locker room and came back with a trailer, promising to help the Lone Wolf defeat Reigns at the Royal Rumble, on the condition he wins his Money in the Bank briefcase. Corbin placed his briefcase on the mat.

After a commercial break, Corbin attacked Cena from behind and worked over the face until The Shield made the save. This was a good segment, albeit a bit choppy at times. While Corbin is technically the leader of the CorbinCorbinCorp as he's in charge of the Money in the Bank briefcase, he'll have to compete in a match at some point, presumably next month. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

-Commercial Break-

Backstage, Dean Ambrose is looking for Sami Zayn

Armitage fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 31, 2021

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

:russo::hf::goodshit:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

reignofevil posted:

Baron Corbin gets beat up because this is how things work.

The fans boo the heels, the heels get beat up by the guys that shouldn't have been there.

we are going to assume that Baron Corbin probably works better as a heel than a babyface.

Baron Corbin's issue is that he is big and strong, but doesn't work as a babyface and we could get him to the point of adding a cape or something because he needs something to help him stand out as a bad guy.

Holy poo poo, the transformer understands basic booking better than Vince McMahon :stare:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

The Money In The Bank Briefcase holder, Big E, cut a promo backstage. He decided that he is going to bring back his last name, and is now going to be called Big E Big E. This was strange, but he plans on making history. Next week, he wants to face a former champion, with the promise of that money from the briefcase.

Dolph Ziggler is also desperate for a win, but with another title opportunity, “I think if I was to win, it would definitely be a big statement.” He later announced that he will call out The Miz, next week.

Bobby Roode vs. Mojo Rawley

It looked like a wrestling match from the mid-90’s as The Glorious One found the power and the speed of Mojo Rawley to his advantage in their short match. Roode was the one to hit his finisher, Glorious End, to win the match.

AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens

“The Phenomenal One” and the U.S. Champion were the most talked about feud of this year. It looks like these two have gotten along after exchanging witty banter in the weeks before. Their match was a good one, with AJ trying to get an early win, which they later confirmed on Twitter. They will face off in a handicap match for the title, next week.

A letter from Vince McMahon to Ted Turner!

quote:

Dear Ted,

Since there's been no response to my repeated requests that you and your pro wrasslin' company stop the practice of
operating the Quizbet, an online casino that masquerades as a job search site, and don't even bother responding to this last request that I make to you (see what I did there?), I have, since you weren't going to give me a response at all to what I sent you (see what I did there, too?), I'm now going to go to court.

I've got a paper on the shelf that I started before this Quizbet venture ever came to be that I've been thinking about giving to you, but since you still have not responded to what I sent you, and since you're not going to give me a response to it, and since it doesn't really give me the satisfaction of finally getting a reaction from you to what I sent you to begin with, I am taking it to court.

And I don't want you to expect to get anything from me in exchange for anything I do with this paper.

I won't even consider giving you the satisfaction of paying me for it because, considering how you've treated me thus far, your demand that I do something for you in return for what you've done for me is clearly a just demand

Armitage fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 31, 2021

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Now that Dr Bray has been barred from continuing to practice medicine somebody needs to generate up some really funny and absurd poo poo so we can have a new thread title.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Nucleus sampling top p: .75

Sampling temperature: .84

quote:

They're going to print big fake novelty paychecks made out to Colt for Punk to steal, to appease him.

Then, they'll go to Punk and threaten him, and he'll be forced to pay them, to keep his mouth shut."

"So what?

He can't pay them."

"No, he can't.

But they can.

They have connections.

They can make it so he can't get a job for a year, can't get food stamps, can't get a job with any company that has to do with food.

They can make him homeless.

And he'll never be able to tell anyone what he knows, because he'll be on the run, and he'll be in hiding."

"He's not homeless."

"No, but he's living in a hotel.

He's got a room in a cheap motel.

And they'll go after him, they'll put a GPS tracker on his car, and they'll follow him.

And if he's going to pay them off, they'll threaten to kill his family."

"He's got a family."

"He doesn't.

He's got a wife, but he's a cheater

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Transformer just straight up lifting transcripts from Vince and Dunn discussions about CM Punk now, sad to see.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Dialing in precisely what transformer settings directly tap into vince mcmahon's brain shall be my greatest work to date.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

Despite putting all she can into her gimmick to make it work, it's not connecting with the fans. Nikki Cross' gimmick, Nikki A.S.H. "Almost There" and "Honey Badger" are the best that could be done with her. She is a babyface, but her gimmick doesn't allow her to be one. It's not a good gimmick, and it's not working.

1 / 10 NEXT

Advertisement

2019 WWE Royal Rumble matches

Royal Rumble 2019 takes place on Sunday, Jan. 27, 2019, at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona. This is the first time that the Royal Rumble event will take place in Arizona. The show airs on pay-per-view (PPV) and WWE Network. It's the first time that the Royal Rumble event takes place in the state of Arizona.

Royal Rumble 2019 match card

Men's Royal Rumble match:

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Rusev (C)

John Cena vs. Kevin Owens (United States Championship)

Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Braun Strowman (Steel Cage Match)

Women's Royal Rumble match:

Asuka (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss (Tables Match)

SmackDown Women's Championship:

Asuka (c) vs. Becky Lynch (Steel Cage Match)

Raw Women's Championship:

Nia Jax (c) vs. Ronda Rousey (Tables Match)

Universal Championship:

Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Finn Balor (Tables Match)

WWE Championship:

AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe (Steel Cage Match)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's cage matches and tables matches all the way down.

I can't imagine how the rules work for the 2-man Royal Rumble for two belts.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I feel sorry for Nikki, the A.S.H. gimmick isn't even over with Talk To Transformer

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drat, Asuka put in the work at the first ever Royal Rumble to take place in the State of Arizona.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

Not even Friday night can stop Nick Khan from cutting people from the WWE payroll. Earlier tonight he took an axe to the NXT roster, releasing several names such as Jon Bolen, Justin Gabriel, Sin Cara, and more.

The list of NXT roster cuts include:

Jon Bolen

Justin Gabriel

Sin Cara

Justin Roberts

Lio Rush

Jonny V

Samoa Joe

Alberto Del Rio

Nick Adonis

Aiden English

Kenny Dykstra

Tyler Breeze

JTG

Jason Albert

Leroy Cruz

And more

Khan explained his reasoning behind the cuts on Twitter.

Cutting some people from the roster today. Some that have been on the roster for years. Some that have potential. Some that I feel aren't what they should be. — Nicholas Khan (@NickKhanWWE) February 23, 2017

Khan has been a huge supporter of the developmental brand since it’s inception in 2013. As a former member of the NXT roster, Khan has been in the ring with some of the most notable names in the company including Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, and Bobby Roode.

Due to his own background in the business, Khan has been a big advocate of the NXT brand, and has been one of the biggest supporters of the NXT roster.

As of now, it is unclear if the WWE will re-hire any of the talent that was released.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

quote:

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com
@SeanRossSapp
In all, WWE released

-Bobby Fish
-Bronson Reed
-Jake Atlas
-Ari Sterling
-Kona Reeves
-Leon Ruff
-Stephon Smith
-Tyler Rust
-Zechariah Smith
-Asher Hale
-Giant Zanjeer
-Mercedes Martinez.

The names of wrestlers working for WWE at the time the alleged talent exodus are worth noting as well. Sean Ross Sapp, a writer for the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, pointed out on Twitter that ROH was without several wrestlers who had been on their roster at the time of the alleged talent exodus.

So I just ran a database of TNA's entire roster and literally 3% is still there ???? Where is everybody else? https://t.co/vjKzBnsQq8 — Sean Ross Sapp (@SeanRossSapp) June 5, 2018

Jimmy Jacobs of Ring of Honor

Another name in the speculation was former Ring of Honor star Jimmy Jacobs. He was, at the time, under contract to TNA but left the promotion without having signed a new contract. Ring of Honor has denied the accusations, which Jacobs has denied, that they cut him loose to make room for wrestlers who were contracted to WWE.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold Schwarzenegger has recently weighed in on the talent exodus. The former California governor tweeted on May 24 that the "effect of the WWE invasion of TNA Wrestling has been calamitous."

According to Arnold, he went to TNA to see the Ultimate X match between Eddie Edwards and James Storm and the crowd's reaction

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Nucleus sampling top p: 0.9
Sampling Temperature: 1

quote:

Drew Mcintyre explained that his sword was named after the mom who wanted to abort him when he was just a fetus. The sword's name is Angela.

The fight between Peter Griffin and Jabba The Hutt had Bobcat Goldthwait as Jabba and a man in a Hutt costume who was supposed to be Bobcat's character's father.

While the Griffin character could have easily survived, they said that's not how Bobcat would have done it.

Jamie Lee Curtis returned to the series to reprise her role as Lisa Turtle. The two shared a kiss as well.

The two were given a puppy during the episode as a gift from Peter.

J.J. Abrams has already been confirmed to direct the first Star Wars episode that will be part of the series. He has signed on to pen and executive produce the show, which he will co-write with his Bad Robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love the idea of Arnie going to an Impact show to see Eddie Edwards, having it ruined by a WWE hiring spree and going on an angry tweet tirade about it.

Edit: Apparently the Transformer disagrees:

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger ordered the execution of Vince McMahon for ruining his wrestling night out. Aides and legal experts are divided on whether Schwarzenegger has this authority as Governor, especially since he's not actually the Governor anymore. "Suck my Austrian dick, and Vince McMahon can burn in hell," Schwarzenegger responded when queried on this.

As part of his move to save the New York Jets franchise, Woody Johnson said he has traded a box of Hersey's Chocolate Toffee to former San Francisco 49er quarterback Steve Young for 1 billion

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 10, 2021