Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Drakkel posted:

Similar to how after Eddie Kingston's first appearance on Dynamite, WWE called him up and wanted to give him a job as a trainer.

I believe the story is that they'd always wanted to have him as a trainer, but absolutely no chance as an on-screen talent. After his Dynamite appearance, he got offered a job as a wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Legit am waiting to hear that WWE called Nick Gage mysteriously out of the blue this week and asked if he wanted a job as... uhh... iunno.... the timekeeper?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Watching the main event on a crowded train in the morning was not one of my most humble moves

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

My Lovely Horse posted:

Watching the main event on a crowded train in the morning was not one of my most humble moves

You were just doing your fellow passengers a service by introducing them to MDK all day.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Oh my God I just realized that if Page/Omega is still the plan then Tanahashi will be present for Hangman overcoming Kenny and rising to the top. Just like Tanahashi said he was capable of during the 2018 G1

I want this now more than ever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BTE segment where Tanahashi sits down and looks Hangman directly in the eye and tells him everything is going to be alright :shobon:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I trust AEW to do right by this story but I think Dark Order losing was a mistake.

Narratively, I feel like Kenny and Hangman eliminating each other and the DO going on to carry Hangman over the line would have been a better option.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

WON ratings for Dynamite:

Dark Order vs. The Elite: 4.5

Gage vs. Jericho: Meltzer said he hated it but really it's 4 'or even more'

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Seems fair enough.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I thought Frankie Kazarian would interfere to assist the Dark Order. This seemed like the perfect time for him to do something meaningful

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I said it before: the day Christopher Daniels shows up again, it'll the end for The Elite's run.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

graph posted:

not to veer but it's a lot more than a handful compadre
fair enough, compadre

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I’m sad the dark order didn’t win, but people calling it a mistake is just silly.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

if nothing else, the elite are a draw brother

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

tao of lmao posted:

I’m sad the dark order didn’t win, but people calling it a mistake is just silly.

I think it was a mistake but only in the sense that hangman forgot to kick out so its all his fault

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

STONE COLD 64 posted:

they brought her to a tryout and directly told her they are only interested in using her as a referee for NXT

No she said on Jericho’s podcast she was in between gigs and needed work and a friend of hers let her know that wwe were looking for refs. She ended up taking an mma contract a few days later.

E: timeframe was off it wasn’t a few days but you get the gist

quote:

“The only time that I was going to get a tryout, this was when I was transitioning from Lucha Underground,” Rosa recalled. “I didn’t really feel like I was doing anything. I was getting tired of just like doing the indies and just grinding because it gets tiring, very very tiring because you have to constantly be traveling. Some of the matches don’t make sense and you’re doing it because that’s how you make a living, and I call one of my referee friends like, ‘hey, are they hiring like refs? I’ll ref. I don’t care. I just need a job,’ and then he was like, ‘yeah, let me ask them.’ He asked.

“I was contacted. They told me how much they paid, and they were like we’re going to send you the information. Here’s your stuff. They sent me the flight and everything. Then Hurricane Dorian happened. My stuff started getting backed up. Back then, I was already toying with the idea of doing MMA. Combate Americas contacted me, and I started training in June.

“By the time WWE called me, it was the last week of August, and Combate Americas were like, ‘you need to sign the contract now because we need to start announcing that you’re gonna fight.’ And then I was like, ‘OK, I don’t know what to do’ and then that start happening, and I was like maybe this is a sign that I probably should not go to WWE for refereeing. So I told them that I was not interested anymore. Thank you for the opportunity. I signed a contract with Combate Americas for my first MMA fight, and then NWA called me like two days after. They’re like, ‘you want to be in here?’ Like, ‘sure, why not?'”

A talking coyote fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jul 30, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wild.

https://twitter.com/DannyDiaz60/status/1421044846215655425

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BBT to be renamed to Big Numbers Tony.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Crapple! posted:

I thought Frankie Kazarian would interfere to assist the Dark Order. This seemed like the perfect time for him to do something meaningful

The Elite wasn't using their numbers advantage and didn't cheat until the very end when Omega started pulling out belts. Kazarian only comes out as an equalizer.

graph posted:

not to veer but it's a lot more than a handful compadre

Not to veer and shanky.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Tanahashi is gonna join the Dark Order, thus creating the most wholesome stable in all of pro wrestling history.

Reynolds position as Pretty Hair Boy in serious jeopardy if that happens.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jerusalem posted:

Legit am waiting to hear that WWE called Nick Gage mysteriously out of the blue this week and asked if he wanted a job as... uhh... iunno.... the timekeeper?

Considering their cost-saving ideas right now, I'm more inclined to think they'll announce their version of a death match for next week's Raw.

Drew McIntyre vs Jinder Mahal in a "Butt-kicking Match" where the most "violent" spot is Jinder spraying Drew with a fire extinguisher.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

BuT wOmEn DoNt LiKe ThE vIoLeNt StUfF

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

dromal phrenia posted:

Reynolds position as Pretty Hair Boy in serious jeopardy if that happens.

Alan V Angels is Pretty Hair Boy.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

Entertainment is subjective, all opinions are valid.

jesus WEP posted:

https://twitter.com/DannyDiaz60/status/1421053241329029122?s=20

Women peaked with the first match, men peaked with the last one.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Hangman is a really handsome boy.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Lol this is all from Dave asking two friends.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

blunt posted:

Entertainment is subjective, all opinions are valid.

https://twitter.com/DannyDiaz60/status/1421053241329029122?s=20

Women peaked with the first match, men peaked with the last one.

Haha they let Gage on tv with a shirt that said gently caress on it

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

A Fancy Hat posted:

Drew McIntyre vs Jinder Mahal in a "Butt-kicking Match" where the most "violent" spot is Jinder spraying Drew with a fire extinguisher.
They're in a war here, Jinder will break out not one but TWO drip sticks to viciously assault the Scottish Warrior

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Considering their cost-saving ideas right now, I'm more inclined to think they'll announce their version of a death match for next week's Raw.

They're gonna do a Highlander Match where Drew beheads Jinder with his sword with some Nostalgia Critic level CGI effects.

Jinder will be on TV again in like 2 weeks without explanation.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

I’m going to trust Big Biceps because of the track record, but this does make me a little sad.

https://twitter.com/fightful/status/1421106071666450439?s=21

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

ahahahahaha

gently caress.

I guess they do need more top heels.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

kinetic77 posted:

I’m going to trust Big Biceps because of the track record, but this does make me a little sad.

https://twitter.com/fightful/status/1421106071666450439?s=21

is this all because of punk and Danielson

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think he's making a mistake. Not a fatal one, but the Naito comparison does feel apt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hangman winning at Arthur Ashe has always made more sense. I spent a long time trying to figure out the alchemy of that with him winning this 10 man tag, instead of realizing it just made more sense for him to lose the tag.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Welp, AEW had a good run. But was maybe always bad

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Hangman winning at Arthur Ashe has always made more sense. I spent a long time trying to figure out the alchemy of that with him winning this 10 man tag, instead of realizing it just made more sense for him to lose the tag.

I dunno about doing two AEW title changes in a row on free tv.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

I think he's making a mistake. Not a fatal one, but the Naito comparison does feel apt

Naito's arc ended with them literally selling out the Tokyo Dome.

Gaz-L posted:

I dunno about doing two AEW title changes in a row on free tv.

55 million a year.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

MJeff posted:

Hangman winning at Arthur Ashe has always made more sense.

Not unless Tony wants to run that dynamite Ad Free. Hangman's story shouldn't culminate in picture-in-picture.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I still think it's probably gonna be Hangman and they're working the dirtsheets, that said, I wouldn't hate Kenny vs. Eddie at All Out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

Naito's arc ended with them literally selling out the Tokyo Dome.

And getting his moment ruined by KENTA

I’m ok with this because we get more KENTA