Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Bizarre that a football club is tweeting this. What's the significance? I assume they're gonna start taking loans.

They already took a huge loan and are supporting some of their debt with the sale of bonds. This is either an advertisement that they are selling bonds that somehow weren’t rated as junk or their bonds were actually downgraded and they’re trying to get out in front of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/04/galatasaray-wesley-sneijder-tweets-knife-set-anniversary-fatal-leeds-stabbings

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The tweet has lots of people asking questions already answered by the tweet

Shroud
May 11, 2009
From the article linked in the tweet:

"The Club has received a stable triple B negative rating from credit rating agency Fitch"

Someone chime in, but I'm pretty sure that, at least in finance, this is considered below investment grade. If not, it's the lowest rating you can have without being considered "junk". Not a good look either way.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Shroud posted:

From the article linked in the tweet:

"The Club has received a stable triple B negative rating from credit rating agency Fitch"

Someone chime in, but I'm pretty sure that, at least in finance, this is considered below investment grade. If not, it's the lowest rating you can have without being considered "junk". Not a good look either way.

It's is indeed the lowest rating you can have before being considered a junk bond.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The Adidas jabulani, more specifically every goalie in the world complaining that it was unsaveable and even if you got it on the ground it would just spin out of your hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQPiqeMBU_Q

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The ball that was too round and made Diego Forlan look like the best player in the world because he was the only one who bothered to practice with it beforehand.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I remember being so disappointed that Atletico Mineiro had signed Ronaldinho instead of Forlan... And then Forlan did nothing post Jabulani.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Wasn't Forlan amazing for Atletico after that

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Nah, his career kinda petered out after the 2010 WC.

He didn't actually retire until 2018.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

He was amazing for Atletico Madrid before that. But 10-11 she was poo poo, and was let go. He signed with Inter Milan and was poo poo, and was released before his contract was over. He then signed with Internacional in Brazil, where he would frequently be sat because Internacional had too many international players, and after that I think he went to some second division team in Japan or South Korea or something like that.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Diego Forlan, taking six months to score his first United goal despite running himself into the ground

then when he finally did, tearing his shirt off and being unable to get it back on, so just accepting this fact and playing shirtless

https://youtu.be/RZfCfaBxXnc

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

the sex ghost posted:

The Adidas jabulani, more specifically every goalie in the world complaining that it was unsaveable and even if you got it on the ground it would just spin out of your hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQPiqeMBU_Q

Underrated in this video is the constant hum of the vuvuzela

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ilmucche posted:

Underrated in this video is the constant hum of the vuvuzela

I think we use the word underrated differently OP

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/elliottsoraff/status/1422298322048532482?s=21

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Henning berg resigning as Blackburn manager because the hired entertainer at their Christmas party didn't realise he was the manager, made him do a dance, made fun of his baldy head and forced a Michael Jackson wig on him

Actually while writing this party post just remembered the FA booking reginald d hunter for their Christmas do and getting upset when he made those kind of jokes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
post funny stuff you just learned

https://twitter.com/jeremywhorebyn/status/1423688824841019399?s=20

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Having a space in your password does make it harder to crack

Using a popular beer name does not.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Harry redknapps defence in his fraud trial was centered around him being too stupid to use a computer

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

the sex ghost posted:

Harry redknapps defence in his fraud trial was centered around him being too stupid to use a computer

Ferguson's defence for getting a speeding ticket being that he might poo poo himself.

Edit: Tony Pulis successfully arguing that he shouldn't get a driving ban because if he had a driver, they might be a spy for another club.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

What's yours then?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

What's yours then?

Chairman deals with all that

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

the sex ghost posted:

Harry Redknapp’s dog’s offshore bank account

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Poor old Rosie, she's dead now

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Had Redknapp got the England job in 2012 ahead of the Euros, I was going to get an England top with ROSIE 47 printed on the back. Would have got a few laughs down the pub.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

britishbornandbread posted:

Had Redknapp got the England job in 2012 ahead of the Euros, I was going to get an England top with ROSIE 47 printed on the back. Would have got a few laughs down the pub.

I posted about it earlier in the thread but he was so ready for that job and then they gave it to Hodgson and I lol every time

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Kane on corners

England losing to Iceland and everyone dunking on them

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Ronaldo es triste

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Man, I totally forgot about that one.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Weaponized Cum posted:

Kane on corners

England losing to Iceland and everyone dunking on them

England players mid-match, possibly one of the group stage games but I can't remember, deciding amongst themselves to mutiny against the coaching staff and replacing Kane with Rooney on corners.

Roy Hodgson glancing at the stadium big screen midway through the second half of the Iceland game, noticing everyone was watching him, and putting his hand to his face to make it look like he was deep in thought about how to resolve the conundrum his side had found itself in.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV6EP9bBbac

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

britishbornandbread posted:

Roy Hodgson glancing at the stadium big screen midway through the second half of the Iceland game, noticing everyone was watching him, and putting his hand to his face to make it look like he was deep in thought about how to resolve the conundrum his side had found itself in.

Roy Hodgson going on a boat trip down the Seine with Ray Lewington instead of going to watch Iceland play. His reasoning was sound, though...Lewington had never been to Paris.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Mickolution posted:

Roy Hodgson going on a boat trip down the Seine with Ray Lewington instead of going to watch Iceland play. His reasoning was sound, though...Lewington had never been to Paris.

I didn't personally mind this one all that much. Its looks really bad, and I'd probably prefer Hodgson to scout the game personally, but I believe G Neville and the scouting team were at the game to watch Iceland.

Ray Lewington having never seen Paris was a fantastic reason mind you.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, it's not terrible, it's just funny considering how terrible England were in that game.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Ungratek posted:

Ronaldo es triste

lol. no idea why but this pops into my head like weekly. also someone here asking what's wrong with ronaldo and another just replying "he's triste"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
just remembered that wijnaldum gets to play with messi after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

vyelkin posted:

just remembered that wijnaldum gets to play with messi after all

The real reason Messi went to PSG