Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tanahashi should wrestle on dynamite and he should lose. They should do this to remind NJPW that the weak serve the strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

And getting his moment ruined by KENTA

I’m ok with this because we get more KENTA

Dark Order isnt gonna show up to save Hangman until 5 meekly wanders out when the beatdown is already over and I'm going to turn into the Joker.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

A Fancy Hat posted:

Considering their cost-saving ideas right now, I'm more inclined to think they'll announce their version of a death match for next week's Raw.

Drew McIntyre vs Jinder Mahal in a "Butt-kicking Match" where the most "violent" spot is Jinder spraying Drew with a fire extinguisher.

Hindu Drum Fight

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

It's going to be amazing when Hangman finally does get his title shot and Kenny hits him with the exact same belt shot, V-Trigger, OWA combo and Page kicks out.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Hangman should have won and should get to win at all out
push orange cassidy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CM Hogan already invoking the creativity clause, poor dead company.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

projecthalaxy posted:

Tanahashi should wrestle on dynamite and he should lose. They should do this to remind NJPW that the weak serve the strong.

Ahem. Go ACE! :colbert:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Between Punk/Darby and Mox/Tanahashi, the world title is really going to be overshadowed at All Out now it’s not Hangman

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

I just caught up with thread and man, y'all are gonna be real mad when Christian gets the All Out title shot

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Scoopsgal I'm already real mad because I know he's not winning. :mad:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

I think he's making a mistake. Not a fatal one, but the Naito comparison does feel apt

Naito ended up doing tremendous business when he won the belt.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raffles posted:

It's going to be amazing when Hangman finally does get his title shot and Kenny hits him with the exact same belt shot, V-Trigger, OWA combo and Page kicks out.

Kenny is very protective of that move but it would be so bad rear end if Hangman kicks out at 1 and fires up after the first OWA, and then kicks out of a second one after cheating at 2.99. I'd be jumping up and down screaming.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Oh Tanahashi's great. That's why he and his matches should be on the show that matters instead of the one that doesnt.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also I don't really feel the Naito comparison is apt at all. Hangman is winning the belt at, absolute latest, Full Gear, four months from now. Naito's journey start to finish took like seven years.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Also I don't really feel the Naito comparison is apt at all. Hangman is winning the belt at, absolute latest, Full Gear, four months from now. Naito's journey start to finish took like seven years.

Some sort of horrible event will happen in 2 months that will turn us all off from cowboys and Hangman will end up working in Mexico until he finds a new gimmick.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I feel like if they’re changing opponents, you REALLY need to make sure it’s not going to be against someone who the crowd are going to poo poo on for not being Hangman. Christian is a BIG risk in that department. Eddie or OC would be more sensible

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

Please. Who has Tanahashi ever beat?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Something on the Christian as contender thought: on Wednesday, Christian was ranked #3, not #2. Jungle Boy was #2 (behind Hangman). Now they could fix that by having JB take a big loss or Christian a big win — maybe that’s what Blade attacking Christian is going to lead to. But the idea of the two of them having a number one contenders’ match when they’ve been allies lately is interesting.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
First Dance presale starting now, let's go!

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

MassRafTer posted:

Naito ended up doing tremendous business when he won the belt.

this only matters if he would not have done tremendous business if he had won the belt on the previous attempt. which i think is very very hard to prove.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Astro7x posted:

First Dance presale starting now, let's go!

733 people ahead of me. AEW might be kinda popular-ish.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Procrastinator posted:

this only matters if he would not have done tremendous business if he had won the belt on the previous attempt. which i think is very very hard to prove.

Or you could just compare WK12's tickets to WK14's.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Procrastinator posted:

If he had won on the previous attempt you don't get the later business nor do you get the other champions in between who did good business? The point is Naito ended up working when he won the title. This isn't a case like Sting or Tyler Black who did not win when they were at their hottest and cooled off. (Sting kind of winning and being stripped right after.)

Hangman ending up like one of them wouldn't be so good!

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

If AEW can have the story peak at Full Gear that would be great as I am planning on going.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Got my Chicago Rampage ticket. I have a feeling scalpers are out in force.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

The Cowboy is fine and will be fine. He has friends now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rantmo posted:

733 people ahead of me. AEW might be kinda popular-ish.

I logged in with my and my wife's accounts on two devices.

My device - 1042 in queue
Her device - 402 in queue

I swear... same thing happened for All Out. Manged to get a nice lower bowl seat in Row 5, kind of center with the ring. My favorite type of seat! Was $113 with fees

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm gonna be really mad about Adam not getting his shot until Tanahashi beats Lance at the LA show and Kenny challenges belt for belt at All Out

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Whew, nabbed Rampage tickets. Now to decide if I want to go right from work but have to come back to the office to retrieve my backpack or take a halfday.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wrap it up Hangmanailures.

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1421126227650285569

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

kinetic77 posted:

I’m going to trust Big Biceps because of the track record, but this does make me a little sad.

https://twitter.com/fightful/status/1421106071666450439?s=21

I'm not buying this loving ppv unless it has hangman vs kenny.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I'm in section 334 for Rampage, not ideal, but good enough. I used AEWUC and it seems like the better seat-people might have been on PWTUC?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Deathlove posted:

I'm in section 334 for Rampage, not ideal, but good enough. I used AEWUC and it seems like the better seat-people might have been on PWTUC?

I don't think it matters.

Makes me wonder what is going to be on sale on Monday, looked like drat near the whole arena went up today. 200 level are suites, so it makes sense those were not opened up

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The best alternative to Hangman at All Out is simply hotshotting Bryan Danielson to a title shot

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MJeff posted:

Naito's arc ended with them literally selling out the Tokyo Dome.
Still think there was a vast opportunity cost for not having him win the title again sooner

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Crapple! posted:

I'm not buying this loving ppv unless it has hangman vs kenny.

Be content with a part timer like Punk like a good little mark. It's what's expected of you.

(I am in a similar boat)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lmao they’re gonna sell out the loving United Center for a Friday show on 3 weeks notice

Why’d they sign this CM Punk feller anyways

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

I think he's making a mistake. Not a fatal one, but the Naito comparison does feel apt

So what you're saying is that Hangman is going to become the clear top draw and merch mover in the whole country and stay that way for years until he wins the belt in a 5+ snowflake instant classic?

In fact, Naito is probably the best modern example of someone who doesn't actually need the belt to be a top guy.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Even if Hangman isn't in the main event AEW PPVs are pretty much always great shows. If you like that style of wrestling, why would Hangman's inevitable title win being pushed back a few months stop you from buying the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I’ll still get it but it’s probably no longer a “stay up until 4am on a Sunday” kind of show for me anymore