Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
I a little bit wonder if doing Kenny/Hangman at All Out was a change from the original plan to begin with. Maybe with Kenny as banged up as he was they wanted to get the match in while the could, but now that he's had some different treatment and looking great they can shift back to doing the match at Full Gear or Revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So I see we've entered the part of the PPV cycle where the babyface has another obstacle put in his way and everyone goes "WHELP I GUESS HE'S JUST DEAD FOREVER AND AEW IS BAD NOW"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

MRT brought up Tyler Black. That was a multi-year title hunt that was left too late and it was only a couple of months between Final Battle and 8th anniversary. It did irreparable damage to Tyler's reign as champion. I hope I'm wrong but the crowd is never going to be hotter than this.

Tyler's title hunt was basically repeated failures in title matches though.

He lost 1 on 1 vs Nigel when he was the underdog to even get in the match and put on an incredible performance.

He lost in a 4 way in New York where he put in the same performance when it got down to the final two with Nigel.

Then in January of 09 he fails in a 49 minute 60 minute draw.

Then he loses another elimination match for the title the next month

Then he loses in another 4 way on an early ROH on HDNet.

Then he loses in a 3 way elimination where Aries wins the belt.

Then he loses in another 4 way.

In December of that year he has the draw with Aries where he fails to win the title.

Then in February of 2010 he finally wins it. The pay off was really good, but they clearly lost their way somewhere in the EIGHT title matches he failed in!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he probably should have won it in jan 09.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i will believe hangman isn't the all out title match when they announce a different match and not a moment sooner

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You don't want Daniel Bryan, actually. You want Sheamus.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i am very excited for how the main event unfolds between now and september 5th. this weirdly reminds me of the bad explosion ppv ending, where it was just agony waiting for the next canon step to air, but still having faith that recovery was well within reach.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

More worried about there not being a crowd for Full Gear than the crowd not being hot enough tbh.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

he probably should have won it in jan 09.

December of 09 was the perfect time. People were still with him and he was a little less bad on the mic. It did peak then, but they missed the peak. It's hard to tell when the peak is, AEW could miss it. But I don't think the situations are comparable. Could be a Luger situation where the hot star gets passed over for the new toys, but I also doubt that.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

blunt posted:

More worried about there not being a crowd for Full Gear than the crowd not being hot enough tbh.

i think staying in the midwest for two ppvs in a row was a mistake but i think it'll be fine.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Got Rampage tickets. Section 101 and only for $90.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

December of 09 was the perfect time. People were still with him and he was a little less bad on the mic. It did peak then, but they missed the peak. It's hard to tell when the peak is, AEW could miss it. But I don't think the situations are comparable. Could be a Luger situation where the hot star gets passed over for the new toys, but I also doubt that.

did we watch two completely different final battles?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

sick

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm less convinced that Page's title run is derailed than I am that P&P's loss means all the theorizing that they'd win the belts in Queens probably isn't true. That's a bummer.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Nice, you can probably scalp those for like 250.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I'm less convinced that Page's title run is derailed than I am that P&P's loss means all the theorizing that they'd win the belts in Queens probably isn't true. That's a bummer.

I don't think this is gonna be Santana and Ortiz & FTR's only match between now and All Out.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Sorry, Punk + Daniel are taking those belts too.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Does anyone know if Rampage is going to be shown on Fite.tv?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

did we watch two completely different final battles?

The crowd was pissed because there was a huge snowstorm and it was going to a draw. Like, people were really mad he wasn't going to win.

It's possible I'm remembering wrong but I definitely got texts from people in the building who figured out after like 20 minutes it was going to a draw and were pissed.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 30, 2021

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I just can’t believe aew has hosed up the adam the hangman page story.......

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
every good guy wrestler is ny friend and should never lose a match. they should hold the world title together and all sleep in a big bed with matching pajamas

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
do you all get mad at movies when you watch the first third and it doesn't make sense yet too?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

The crowd was pissed because there was a huge snowstorm and it was going to a draw. Like, people were really mad he wasn't going to win.

It's possible I'm remembering wrong but I definitely got texts from people in the building who figured out after like 20 minutes it was going to a draw and were pissed.

they were actively cheering aries

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's a misstep. You could get a time machine to give me peak DDP vs Kenny Omega right now and I'd still not give a poo poo. I'm not running away to the WWE or anything, but this dampens my interest in upcoming AEW events. Whether the Bucks drop the titles to FTR or not is irrelevant, neither team is particularly engaging to me. Omega isn't dropping the belt to anyone but Hangman, and dragging that out another four months feels like exactly that--dragging.

Miro is the only champion I'm pumped about, and currently he's scheduled to murder...some guy. Yeah it'll be cool to see Danielson and Punk again, but it's not going to fix the bigger issues I'm having with the show.

Regardless of how I feel about Omega/Page, I'm still just lost on FTR winning. PnP are too good to keep playing second fiddle to every other tag team in the division. It's frustrating.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm only mad about Hangman not getting the title shot at all out because I wanted to be there live when it happened.

If they do Kenny/Christian as the main event though they run the risk of people just leaving during the match which would be funny but not good.

Maybe they're gonna do Kenny/Switch title v title

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

do you all get mad at movies when you watch the first third and it doesn't make sense yet too?

I get mad when I'm 4 hours in and it hasn't started wrapping up yet.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Suddenly flashing back to watching the first Lord of the Rings movie in theaters with people who had not read the books.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

IcePhoenix posted:

I hadn't considered this, and this could work, actually.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

. PnP are too good to keep playing second fiddle to every other tag team in the division. It's frustrating.

They weren't midcarders over at other fed so they're bad and you're extremely stupid for thinking they were ever going to succeed

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

blunt posted:

Full Gear is in St. Louis and if there's anything I've learned about the state of Missouri in the past year or so it's that they don't give a poo poo about the virus

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

I hadn't considered this, and this could work, actually.

Heel vs Heel (even if Switchblade is working face in Impact) is a bold move for a PPV main event

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Also lol at the babies ITT who claim they won't watch All Out now since we won't get Kenny/Hangman for the belt. You guys are full of poo poo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pylons posted:

I don't think this is gonna be Santana and Ortiz & FTR's only match between now and All Out.

Yeah, perhaps. And the injury might have shortened that match. Its just a case of i wasn't really buying into the imminence of Santana and Ortiz's title win but I was kind of expecting a win there. So the loss surprised me and leaves me unconvinced its a sure thing. But I guess if you go by the "home town" theory maybe they get their win back in NY.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

projecthalaxy posted:

They weren't midcarders over at other fed so they're bad and you're extremely stupid for thinking they were ever going to succeed

Ah dang

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

IcePhoenix posted:

This would rule, actually, unlike a match involving Christian.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm only mad about Hangman not getting the title shot at all out because I wanted to be there live when it happened.

If they do Kenny/Christian as the main event though they run the risk of people just leaving during the match which would be funny but not good.

You debut Punk at Rampage and then you main event All Out with CM Punk vs Darby Allin and there you have your white hot send the crowd home happy match.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

blunt posted:

I get mad when I'm 4 hours in and it hasn't started wrapping up yet.

lmao

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

IcePhoenix posted:

Then you could have Kenny lose to Danielson for the NEVER Openweight Title

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

You debut Punk at Rampage and then you main event All Out with CM Punk vs Darby Allin and there you have your white hot send the crowd home happy match.

"Even when they gave me the title, they'd relegate the title match to semi-main" ~ CM Punk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Most movies aren't 23 months long