Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Also, it seems obvious that every win Kenny gets over Hangman gets more harried and full of Kenny reaching for desperate things to log that W. This one needed Nick grabbing Hangman’s leg to stop the Buckshot from happening, a belt shot that wasn’t enough for the pin, and a pair of V triggers before Hangman could get back to his feet followed by the OWA. It was a win for Kenny, but he’s clearly scared shitless of Hangman in a fair fight at this point. The commentary after the match was putting Hangman over while noting that the leg grab was how his friendship with the Bucks finally crumbled. Because they’ll run some form of Hangman versus the Bucks, because he has to deal with the unfinished business there before he can really get to Kenny. It’s pretty straightforward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Long term storytelling was Always Bad

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

both AAA and Impact currently pitching ideas for Kenny to wrestle Hangman on their show for their title.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

both AAA and Impact currently pitching ideas for Kenny to wrestle Hangman on their show for their title.

AAA Champion Hangman Page is a good ceiling for him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cerebral Bore posted:

You debut Punk at Rampage and then you main event All Out with CM Punk vs Darby Allin and there you have your white hot send the crowd home happy match.

I'd do Mox/Tana but that works too. I suppose Jericho/MJF is also a possibility (especially if they add the stip of Jericho's career being on the line)

Mainly I just remember an interview where "the World Title should always be the main event" was a thing so I'm just hoping they have the sense to make an exception if it's actually Christian because at the moment I honestly can't fathom a way for me to care about it very much compared to a lot of other (probable) matches on the card.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Gaz-L posted:

Most movies aren't 23 months long

lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Cameo posted:

Also, it seems obvious that every win Kenny gets over Hangman gets more harried and full of Kenny reaching for desperate things to log that W. This one needed Nick grabbing Hangman’s leg to stop the Buckshot from happening, a belt shot that wasn’t enough for the pin, and a pair of V triggers before Hangman could get back to his feet followed by the OWA. It was a win for Kenny, but he’s clearly scared shitless of Hangman in a fair fight at this point. The commentary after the match was putting Hangman over while noting that the leg grab was how his friendship with the Bucks finally crumbled. Because they’ll run some form of Hangman versus the Bucks, because he has to deal with the unfinished business there before he can really get to Kenny. It’s pretty straightforward.

I think it has been pretty conclusively established as of now that if Hangman can just get a clean title match against Kenny he's more likely than not to win it, the struggle is simply getting there.

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd do Mox/Tana but that works too. I suppose Jericho/MJF is also a possibility (especially if they add the stip of Jericho's career being on the line)

Mainly I just remember an interview where "the World Title should always be the main event" was a thing so I'm just hoping they have the sense to make an exception if it's actually Christian because at the moment I honestly can't fathom a way for me to care about it very much compared to a lot of other (probable) matches on the card.

If they have CM Punk wrestle and they run the show in Chicago then that's more than enough justification to move the world title away from the main event.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So, assuming it isn't Kenny because he isn't getting in a world title feud right away (and Hangman ideally has the belt by this point), who does Punk eat his first loss to?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i hope hangman loses for another 18 months

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think christians match will be in pittsburgh

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The long term story is Kenny and Ibushi kissing on live tv, these are just chapters along the way.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

IcePhoenix posted:

The most recent PPV had Stadium Stampede go last didnt it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Loses to Darby then goes on a journey to rediscover his love of prowrestling on Dark, eventually defeating PPA on a Dark Elevation main

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Suddenly flashing back to watching the first Lord of the Rings movie in theaters with people who had not read the books.

Pretty apt considering Return of the King looked like it was about to end and then went on for another 45 minutes

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i hope hangman loses for another 18 months
I hope they job him out on Elevation while Cody does Triple H's shovel dance

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tweak posted:

The most recent PPV had Stadium Stampede go last didnt it

Yeah, and the same thing happened with last year's Stadium Stampede. Also Full Gear 2019 had Kenny vs Mox go after the world title match, so there's ample precedent to put another match on last if it's special enough.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Christian will fight Kenny every Dynamite and Rampage and PPV for the next 3 months. Each will be a 5 star match.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I hope they job him out on Elevation while Cody does Triple H's shovel dance

gonna make it feel real good when he wins

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pylons posted:

So, assuming it isn't Kenny because he isn't getting in a world title feud right away (and Hangman ideally has the belt by this point), who does Punk eat his first loss to?

fuego

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

coconono posted:

It's a three stages of hell match where they start in Florida , fight their way onto a bus that drops them off in Nashville, then walk and brawl onto a plane to Mexico

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don’t really care when Hangman gets a title shot, it’ll be a big moment either way. I just don’t think Christian vs anyone is a main event, not even like an Omega or Shingo or even a Roman Reigns or Bobby Lashley. I don’t mind Christian and respect his work and the Jungle boy stuffs pretty solid, he’s just not compelling to me at all outside of midcard.

I did not see any of his TNA run, he did have from my memory one truly awesome match at Summerslam against Del Rio I believe

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

I think it has been pretty conclusively established as of now that if Hangman can just get a clean title match against Kenny he's more likely than not to win it, the struggle is simply getting there.

Very much so. This is, like, basic wrestling booking and it’s insane to see people freaking out over it, although I suppose that means that it still works.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Is there any sign whatsoever that Christian is the one getting the title shot or are people just doomposting because they just assume AEW is gonna do the worst possible option?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You think punk is taking losses lmao? He definitely has that part timer protected contract.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Pylons posted:

Cassidy or Andrade. Both would really benefit from the rub in different ways. It either cements OC as a main eventer or gets Andrade that next push he needs to get over as a heel

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Is there any sign whatsoever that Christian is the one getting the title shot or are people just doomposting because they just assume AEW is gonna do the worst possible option?

He’s 3rd in line behind hangman who lost his shot and JB who had his shot and failed

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Remember that Eddie promo on one of the Road To packages about how The Elite holding all the belts by constantly cheating is just the people at the top of the corporate ladder doing whatever the gently caress they want and maybe the rest of the locker room need to think about what it means if they just accept that about the company they work for?

It was cool that Hangman was finally together with The Dark Order and they got to face down their nemeses. But it wasn't a fair fight. Not against 3 EVPs who have the ref in their pocket and all the power. History tells us that for the common man to overthrow the elite it takes numerical advantage and unity. And history has a name for that.

Revolution

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

He’s 3rd in line behind hangman who lost his shot and JB who had his shot and failed

I mean there's also 9 episodes of AEW TV between now and the PPV so they could literally have someone else push him down the rankings at any point.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Cameo posted:

Very much so. This is, like, basic wrestling booking and it’s insane to see people freaking out over it, although I suppose that means that it still works.

Not if everyone boycotts buying All Out like they say they’re gonna!!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The first thing I see this morning opening the aew thread:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Drakkel posted:

I mean there's also 9 episodes of AEW TV between now and the PPV so they could literally have someone else push him down the rankings at any point.

yea true but I think him being 3rd in line right now along with his very first appearance being him holding up the belt is why people are assuming

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Ah geez, did WWE do more layoffs?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah, and the same thing happened with last year's Stadium Stampede. Also Full Gear 2019 had Kenny vs Mox go after the world title match, so there's ample precedent to put another match on last if it's special enough.

good points it turns out my memory is just actually trash

I guess they've never done a "normal" match last (Kenny/Mox was lights out so it had to be last anyway) but I still trust them to figure it out even if I'm bummed by it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1421146593680633857?s=19

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

NienNunb posted:

New Performance Center class is looking pretty solid

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Turn on your monitor

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

kinetic77 posted:

I’m going to trust Big Biceps because of the track record, but this does make me a little sad.

https://twitter.com/fightful/status/1421106071666450439?s=21

Uhh. If they're genuinely doing that, then wtf. The Hangman story was handled perfectly until now, and if trying to press pause on it for a few months while Kenny wrestlers Bryan or CM Punk or something just feels like a huge gently caress up.

They haven't made too many of those so far so I want to believe, but god drat.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
You think you want to see the resolution to the good story fans are into that's been building for 18+ months? You fool. You absolutely worked buffoon. You actually want to see that story pushed off for an indefinite amount of time so a 47 year old midcarder can have four weeks of build to a borderline **** match. It's simple storytelling

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
The problem is now that Hangman recovered from his losses, overcame his demons, got the support of friends who believe in him and it turns out that after doing all that he's still a loser.

It's a huge mistake to me and the new signings make it even more so because Punk vs. Hangman is an absolute money feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted: