Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Raffles posted:

Hangman is 100% going to win the title, but there is money in a Bryan and Punk title match with Kenny. AEW are going to make that money and then make Hangman a big(ger) star.

Neither of those people are going to wrestle Kenny Omega at All Out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Orange Cassidy..... I think he's ready for a singles match title shot

edit: it's probably gonna be Christian tho

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drakkel posted:

Is there any sign whatsoever that Christian is the one getting the title shot or are people just doomposting because they just assume AEW is gonna do the worst possible option?

Tony Khan didn't sign his favorite wrestler in a heavily hyped debut and then immediately have him stare down Omega for them to not do the match.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They’re doing like 5 shows in chicago and I don’t know which is which anymore

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
It would be kind of silly for Hangman to get a title shot at All Out when he just lost a match where his opportunity was on the line.

I get it, I'd be just as mad if I saw a headline that said "Beaver Boys vs Young Bucks No Longer All Out" but thems the breaks

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jungle Boy is the number one contender now.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

Jungle Boy is the number one contender now.

More and more people are saying this

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

StarkRavingMad posted:

When he was getting the first title shot, people were calling him AEW’s Roman Reigns, just some friend of the EVPs that was going to be overpushed and rammed down everyone’s throats but was actually mid-card unremarkable

Yeah, I wasn't watching WWE so I wouldn't have made the Roman comparison but it definitely had an air of "this is the guy you'll like" about it. The way they separated him from the EVPs was essential to the hard working underdog story and they've handled it beautifully.

Maybe the fact that I didn't watch Roman-era WWE is why I'm more optimistic about how this will all play out. I've yet to have my faith destroyed by wrestling.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

More and more people are saying this

Good luck at All Out.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

the hangman thing is good because whatever happened its good to see people having emotions about wrestling that arent apathy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
JB had his shot, if we're looking at rankings/build possibilities, it's gotta be Christian or OC, and you could argue OC already had his shot too sooooooo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

We don't know who's just outside of the top 5 either.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

9 TV shows before All Out. So much can happen

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Pylons posted:

We don't know who's just outside of the top 5 either.

It’s gonna be Cody after he squashes Black in five minutes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Christian/Kenny would be an unbelievably good match. Christian hasn’t had a bad match since joining AEW

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Jungle Boy vs. Christian in a No. 1 contender's match
Jungle Boy wins; Christian turns heel and beats JB down afterwards, rendering him unable to compete for the title
Darby is too focused on Punk to challenge Kenny
Kenny pulls rank on Orange to deny him the shot, says he's already had his chance

Kenny Omega vs. Colten Gunn headlines All Out

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

smarxist posted:

JB had his shot, if we're looking at rankings/build possibilities, it's gotta be Christian or OC, and you could argue OC already had his shot too sooooooo

OC said "this isnt over." after DoN and the way that match went down he does have a valid claim to another shot.

OC/Kenny is also a good main event for All Out. Personally I would prefer OC on TV (I was thinking First Dance but clearly that card doesnt need more juice) and Christian at All Out but either way is fine.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

OC had 2 visual pins and only lost to a roll up after he had Kenny pinned for 3 but Aubrey was still running to the ring.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also btw Punk/Darby isn't main eventing over the title. That's not happening, not in a million years, if anything it should OPEN the show.

Now, MJF/Jericho for Jericho's career?

Thaaaaaaat might main event over the title.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

xbilkis posted:

Jungle Boy vs. Christian in a No. 1 contender's match
Jungle Boy wins; Christian turns heel and beats JB down afterwards, rendering him unable to compete for the title
Darby is too focused on Punk to challenge Kenny
Kenny pulls rank on Orange to deny him the shot, says he's already had his chance

Kenny Omega vs. Colten Gunn headlines All Out

Finally, someone in this thread knows how to book a dream match

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Everyone keeps talking about Jungle Boy, Christian, Orange Cassidy, and Hangman, but Japanese Death Match Legend Luthor is RIGHT THERE

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I can't believe AEW is dying

Well listen they had a chance to follow my head canon and by not doing so they’ve made A Mistake.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
When you've been building a long-term story between a massively over fiery babyface and an incredibly popular heel champ, you pounce on the opportunity to make that title match the main event of your PPV, which is why Thunder Rosa-Britt Baker should headline All Out

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

ASenileAnimal posted:

the hangman thing is good because whatever happened its good to see people having emotions about wrestling that arent apathy

Yeah to be fair, I'm annoyed at the story because I think it's a misstep but it's good to actually give a poo poo again rather than just laughing because all is dust.

tao of lmao posted:

Well listen they had a chance to follow my head canon and by not doing so they’ve made A Mistake.

Oh stop being disingenuous.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Deep Dish Deathmatch
Scottie Pippen Streetfight
Evil Unos™

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hangman won't win until literally the Dark Order, SCU, Eddie Kingston, Mox, The Death Triangle all surround the Elite and beat the poo poo out of them

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Natural 20 posted:

Oh stop being disingenuous.

They won't.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Weird, I was just recently assured that AEW had botched everything and was going to lose all its momentum and a massive part of its audience.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
LOL I was re-watching the Nick Gage match, and I see what you guys meant about JR being pissed off.

JR: "Oh this is fun. THIS IS FUUUUN."

And then deafening silence as Schiavone tries to salvage it by saying AEW is the home to heart pounding excitement :lol:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

JR was unusually cantankerous this wednesday and it was starting to get kind of annoying by the end of the show but it seems like he has good night and bad nights :shrug:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Some of y'all get way too upset over a couple of people having different opinions on wrestling than you do.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JR vs Nick Gage at All Out

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I NEED Nick Gage on JR's podcast.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JT Smiley posted:

Some of y'all get way too upset over a couple of people having different opinions on wrestling than you do.

I agree, it's really unbecoming and to be clear the upset people are the ones that disagree with me.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

him yelling "for the love of god stop it!" during the pizza cutter spot sounded like a mix of genuine disgust and him being one of the best play-by-play guys ever. it was great, even if he actually hated it.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

coconono posted:

I NEED Nick Gage on Sammy's vlog trying out for the boy band.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
The obvious solution here is Hangman vs. Nick Gage at All Out

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

I agree, it's really unbecoming and to be clear the upset people are the ones that disagree with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I would like to see Kenny vs. Serpentico because I want to see Snakem'n sell for all of Kenny's moves. I will accept this at any of the three Chicago TV tapings.