Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Does anyone else get the feeling that some people are like, extremely hypersensitive to all the things that bad wrestling companies have done over the years and so any time there's even a remote whiff of something that might vaguely remind them of something WCW or TNA or WWE did the immediate response is to go into full on "Oh no ITS HAPPENING AGAIN" mode?

This is 100% what is happening. Anyone who watched WWE since like 2005 - 2014 or beyond basically has ptsd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

I mean Darby's promo on Dynamite was pretty much "I'm calling out Punk in Chicago in every way I can without saying the word Punk", I don't know about Bryan

American Dragon is going to fight Chuck Taylor to avenge the last loss Bryan Danielson took.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
That's right, Heel Bryan Danielson.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

STAC Goat posted:

People who care deeply about something have big reactions to it. I personally like the decision and think there's lots of great room for stuff with Page here that still keeps him on track to beat Kenny. But I also came at it as someone who felt like his story wasn't complete. For people who did feel his story was complete they're upset and worried that things might have gotten delayed. That's understandable and reasonable. So let people voice their thoughts and vent their concerns. I don't get why this place is s resistant to that and prefers to just insult people and act above it all.

Agreed and just to be clear the ones being resistant, insulting and above it all are the ones that disagree with me.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Shard posted:

This is 100% what is happening. Anyone who watched WWE since like 2005 - 2014 or beyond basically has ptsd.

You mean WWE since April 1, 2001

“You’re right Steve, we should turn you heel. In Houston. This is a smart idea and will entirely work.”

And so, the slow decline began.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Agreed and just to be clear the ones being resistant, insulting and above it all are the ones that disagree with me.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

MJeff posted:

Those fuckers let’s kill em!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Basically when you watch enough WWE there manifests a Judas In Your Mind and some of us are much closer to becoming it and it makes my posts bad because my pattern recognition skills are extremely misaligned with the actual product.

Also I'm having a minor manic episode but hey whos counting

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nah, it's pretty funny when people post about how the Hangman program is dead and Punks getting the title when the actual TV show very obviously shows that's not what's going to happen.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The Belt Collector Wrestling God was not going to have a reign shorter than Mox's

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

The Belt Collector Wrestling God was not going to have a reign shorter than Mox's

But yeah, that don't matter Matt Cardona doesn't have the belt yet.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The progenitor seed that birthed the online wrestling fandom was the idea of who was and was not the good kind of wrestling fan and the taint of that original sin cannot be lifted until the one true world champion Bob Backlund holds the AEW title

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
never seen a taint i can't lift

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"It's a misstep"

"Wow I can't believe you think AEW is cancelled."

Swirling around in a toilet bowl, forever

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

post saying i'm above the ppl who are posting that they're above it

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

post saying i'm above the ppl who are posting that they're above it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I touched the ceiling first

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1421186712525582341?s=20

Feel bad for Upper Deck, getting into business on AEW on the day the company died but I look forward to their Memento Mori line of cards anyway.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Can’t believe they hosed up the Rocky story when Apollo beat him. Real misstep.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rantmo posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1421186712525582341?s=20

Feel bad for Upper Deck, getting into business on AEW on the day the company died but I look forward to their Memento Mori line of cards anyway.

Cards of wrestlers making GBS threads into toilet reservoirs is going to sell really well with the freaks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
"You're disappointed the guy you like lost"

"I cannot express myself emotionally so I'm going to invent a logical reason this was bad"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shinjobi posted:

"It's a misstep"

"Wow I can't believe you think AEW is cancelled."

Swirling around in a toilet bowl, forever

I cant believe people on SomethingAwful used hyperbole. :qq:

(also, for the record, it wasnt a misstep at all)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
christ someone open some windows and air this thread out, it's getting suffocating in here

*goes to window, there's a SICKOS guy watching and saying "yes yes!!!!"*

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
The poll for next week's dynamite should be asking whether or not you're eager to see ratings decline in the lead up to all out because of hangman losing

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Please stop being loving got to.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

karmicknight posted:

I was doing fine until this post. This got me!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/KillLutherKill/status/1421190437801496583

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Can't wait for Danielson and Punk to debut and go right into a program against each other.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

MJeff posted:

I cant believe people on SomethingAwful used hyperbole. :qq:

(also, for the record, it wasnt a misstep at all)

(Totally was)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Dragonshirt posted:

Can't wait for Danielson and Punk to debut and go right into a program against each other.

Punk is gonna come out on Rampage and roll up Kenny for the title in 3 minutes, but before he can cut a victory promo Bryan Danielson debuts and challenges him next week.

Danielson then rolls up Punk in 3 minutes and his victory celebration is cut off by Brock Lesnar, etc

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Deep Dish Deathmatch
Scottie Pippen Streetfight
Evil Unos™
Lightfoot On A Pole

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It is not the end of the world to be called a dipshit

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

People who care deeply about something have big reactions to it. I personally like the decision and think there's lots of great room for stuff with Page here that still keeps him on track to beat Kenny. But I also came at it as someone who felt like his story wasn't complete. For people who did feel his story was complete they're upset and worried that things might have gotten delayed. That's understandable and reasonable. So let people voice their thoughts and vent their concerns. I don't get why this place is s resistant to that and prefers to just insult people and act above it all.

its because im better than everyone on this sub and they know it

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Lightfoot On A Pole

But they leave her up there and we can just get a new mayor, right?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I think Chickie T is good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

its because im better than everyone on this sub and they know it

I enjoyed your commentary this week, Mr Friedman.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Marvez is just the greatest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

I mean Darby's promo on Dynamite was pretty much "I'm calling out Punk in Chicago in every way I can without saying the word Punk", I don't know about Bryan

I think you'll find Darby was actually calling out Scorpio Sky via his old theme song. THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST