Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I hope after the reset there's still a good way to passively gain income that doesn't require betting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Are the San Fransisco Lovers a reference to the old-school SF-LOVERS mailing list? I'm not sure if this is too deep a cut for Blaseball.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

blastron posted:

Are the San Fransisco Lovers a reference to the old-school SF-LOVERS mailing list? I'm not sure if this is too deep a cut for Blaseball.

Maybe, but I'm guessing it's just due to San Francisco being known for being rather sex-positive.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Make sure to aid the Green Hill Hedgehogs, they gotta go fast.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

...did the Pies get deleted? not like, killed, just erased?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Patty Fox hit a ground out to Holden Stanton.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Carteret posted:

...did the Pies get deleted? not like, killed, just erased?

Black Hole(Black Hole) got really hungry.

The Coin is upset about this though, so it's probably good!(?)

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Pies waiting for everyone else at Blaseball3, or whatever comes next.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If the crabs pass through the event horizon, will all the teams become crabs?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1420933658161029124?s=20

poo poo's getting weirder

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Coin Melted
Black Hole expanding?
We need to escape?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
There go the Wings :(

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Well, we don't need to worry about coins anymore, as they've all disappeared. Hope nobody was holding on to a bunch of them

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

tinstaach posted:

Well, we don't need to worry about coins anymore, as they've all disappeared. Hope nobody was holding on to a bunch of them

I had a bunch, but I can still fuel other teams' escape with my Sunflower Seeds!

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

If there are any Spies here, we’re heading straight back to the Desert. Gonna be a close call.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

about half the league just went down the Black Hole, this is likely why there were so many "Warning: Things happening during the week are not going to be final" notices this week. I'm sure the really engaged Discord lore people are tearing their hair out.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

harperdc posted:

about half the league just went down the Black Hole, this is likely why there were so many "Warning: Things happening during the week are not going to be final" notices this week. I'm sure the really engaged Discord lore people are tearing their hair out.

Destroy it all.

He says from safe inside the Atlantean Vault.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

It will be interesting to see what the map looks like in the morning.

:black101:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/ilianaquorum/status/1420971151925268484?s=20

ye gods, they did it

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/blaseballpro/status/1420950275356045313?s=21

well ok then

I do like the dissonance of looking at this madness of cataclysmic world-changing events and thinking, “ok, but how does this affect my team’s chances at the trophy this season?”

Blaseball.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 30, 2021

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Uhhh

https://twitter.com/tacoblaseball/status/1420981927641718794?s=21

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The end is almost here...

The Anchor is feeling melancholy:

https://twitter.com/blaseround/status/1421186650357514240

It looks like the Jazz Hands, Moist Talkers, and Millenials aren't going to escape the Event Horizon. (Also the Hedgehogs... :smith:)

Stay tuned for 30ish minutes from now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pinwiz11 posted:

The end is almost here...

The Anchor is feeling melancholy:

https://twitter.com/blaseround/status/1421186650357514240

It looks like the Jazz Hands, Moist Talkers, and Millenials aren't going to escape the Event Horizon. (Also the Hedgehogs... :smith:)

Stay tuned for 30ish minutes from now.

Moist Talkers died as they lived, pulled in too many directions, with horrible base running. RIH (rest in hole)

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

This is fine.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

welp, it was a good run

we're out of beta!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Roll Credits

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Pinwiz11 posted:

I had a bunch, but I can still fuel other teams' escape with my Sunflower Seeds!

Apparently several teams were 'saved' (whatever the hell that means in this context) by players who had hoarded millions of peanuts, hoping they would eventually become useful. And they were!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The post credits scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdUWXf8jJk

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
wow so the talk of there possibly being a bit of a reset after this season seems like a bit of an understatement

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

From the announcements on Discord:

quote:

And that’s a wrap! Thank you to @everyone who made the Expansion Era possible and enjoyed it with us on the server. Before we enter Siesta, The Game Band wanted to pull back the curtain on the cliffhanger and give context for where Blaseball is heading.

With the Expansion Era, we wanted to tell a story of expansion and excess, the potential harm that comes from slapping new system upon new system onto something built to be unfair— the story of who benefits from that confusion and challenge. That said and story told, if we continued to pile on more features like we have been, Blaseball would become impenetrable to new and old players alike.

If we want Blaseball to grow, and we do, we need a blank slate. The Expansion Era and this story will allow us to do that— re-build Blaseball. The Expansion Era was a rare opportunity to stack mechanic after mechanic into the game in a way that drove both the narrative and our understanding of what appeals to Blaseball’s audience, and now it is time for something new to be built from the lessons of our year together.

Blaseball will return, as will the 24 teams on the Discord. They are not gone forever; they'll play Blaseball again. When we return, it will be with a more refined Blaseball formed from beloved mechanics and lessons from the past year. We want to pull from what worked and learn from what didn’t to make a more accessible experience. We hope to involve you in the process wherever possible. We are now in Siesta, and we hope to let you know when that Siesta will end as soon as we have that timeline.

This past year has been a wild, chaotic experiment full of great successes and many lessons learned. It’s been an unexpected and wonderful surprise to have so many people invested in the shape Blaseball will take. Thank you for playing. As we head into Siesta, we want everyone to rest easy knowing that this cliffhanger will not erase the energy put into your community. This is not the end; it is just the beginning.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

But what about the Paws and the Queens? WHAT ABOUT THE PAWS AND THE QUEENS?!?!?!?!?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Good to know that making the game unreasonably obtuse was intentional, and being scaled back in the future

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
If you click on the GAMMA it changes colour.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Entropic posted:

If you click on the GAMMA it changes colour.

BETA did this too

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
what a fuckin sendoff, i love this dumb game and im glad i got some friends roped into it by ranting nonstop so we all got to watch the ending together today. GO PIES!

doos
Jan 1, 2015

That was a great end to an era. Also appreciate them keeping the map and its history up, to show how nuts those last 50 games were.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I am, for the first time in several seasons, excited to see what happens in the future of baseball, not simple overwhelmed by it.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Garages went to the Hall, blasted towards the Coin to kill a god, and then were the only team to say "gently caress the Vault, gently caress the Desert, let's celebrate the end of the world in the Hall".

We just... barely didn't make it back. But I am proud, and frankly, getting close and failing is the main thing the Garages are good at doing.

Excited to see where they go with the reset.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm glad I decided to check in on Blaseball, because watching this era collapse in on itself -- and then the moment of charging the mound -- was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

To reiterate...

A Single Sphink posted:

This is so fuckin great, goddamn I love blaseball...