Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
goddamn commie mind ray made my wife leave me for her tennis instructor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I hate when the commie mind rays make me feel awful the morning after drinking whiskey by the bottle between lines of blow

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

goddamn commie mind ray, robbing my cuban grandparents of their slaves!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

That horrible thing I said on twitter wasn't my fault, the commie mind rays made me do it

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Not sure if this is the double or triple down.

https://twitter.com/MrDanZak/status/1421122133552476166

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1421143783996022794

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I don't know anything about Meijer but in this instance at least he isn't the idiot
https://twitter.com/RepMeijer/status/1421214612616359936?s=19

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

She’s a grifter who lies about everything, I’ll put $10 on her getting vaxd the loving second she could.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they all love to drop their sentences

a couple lines down

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/rhipratchett/status/1421250250019426305?s=19

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
"my employees or shut down my businesses. "

what workers or biz?

her bread and butter comes from being a token for regressives to go "see we have a black friend, a woman even."

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't hope this virus literally kills every anti-vaxxer, just the people using that ideology on their media platforms to spread fear.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm afraid to ask what "gcs" are.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

"Gender critical"

It's what terfs prefer to be called, which is why nobody should ever say it

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah not sure why neither of those two posts don’t just say terf. Tough poo poo that they hate being called that, maybe they shouldn’t be so terf-y.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

flavor.flv posted:

"Gender critical"

It's what terfs prefer to be called, which is why nobody should ever say it

England hates trans people so much they've now invented new acronyms to describe the asshattery.

teddust
Feb 27, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

P sure the current consensus is that some idiots blamed their headaches on EVIL COMMUNIST SONIC LASER SUPER WEAPON and the dumb fucks at the CIA were like: "yeah, that sounds about right" then turned down all help and data from the Cuban govt, did a loving terrible job of investigating, didn't retain any original records, and eventually threw up their hands and said "I guess the ECSLSW did it" and shrugged patted each other on the back.

So like the ~9000th stupidest thing the CIA has even done.

e: Symptoms of the ECSLSW include: head pain, eye pain, being a bit hungry, itchy skin, your kids not calling back, sunburn, constipation, STIs, and poor job performance. Oh, and it only targets Americans in poor health or with recent concussions.

Or maybe you could actually read actual news about it instead of spreading unsourced misinformation.
. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2020/12/6/22156988/havana-syndrome-micowave-weapons-report

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

teddust posted:

Or maybe you could actually read actual news about it instead of spreading unsourced misinformation.
. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2020/12/6/22156988/havana-syndrome-micowave-weapons-report

Lol. Yeah, why wouldn’t we just take US intelligence agencies, especially the CIA, at their word? Especially as it relates to an “unexplainable phenomenon” that just totally has to be a plot from our rivals.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah not sure why neither of those two posts don’t just say terf. Tough poo poo that they hate being called that, maybe they shouldn’t be so terf-y.

It might not be the intention, but I imagine it's a tad safer. A whole bunch of TERF assholes just constantly search 'TERF' on Twitter to get mad and harass people for calling them TERFs. 'GC' isn't exactly an SEO-friendly term in comparison.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
There are all sorts of words you could use, transphobes, bigots, asswipes to name a few. I'm not sure why people have started using the term the terfs themselves like to be called.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Wouldn't microwaves be extremely easy to detect? Like there's a lot of directed-energy weapons that would be harder to figure out but if you have months of microwave attacks happening isn't it pretty easy to bring in some pretty discreet equipment that can measure EM radiation?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

It was Yuri.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

teddust posted:

Lmfao how embarassing for you

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Beartaco posted:

There are all sorts of words you could use, transphobes, bigots, asswipes to name a few. I'm not sure why people have started using the term the terfs themselves like to be called.
Look above your post. Even innocuous posts can draw a pile-on if they get noticed.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
It makes sense but I feel like there are any number of new acronyms you can come up with that aren't the one terfs use to try to legitimise themselves.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Beartaco posted:

It makes sense but I feel like there are any number of new acronyms you can come up with that aren't the one terfs use to try to legitimise themselves.

Stupid Humans Against Recognising Transness SHARTs

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Inceltown posted:

Stupid Humans Against Recognising Transness SHARTs

Yeah, that's kinda the problem. All the acronyms pro-trans people come up with to shove onto TERFs are just kinda juvenile and require too much explanation to catch on.

Personally, I'm okay with just calling them TERFs, because they clearly hate it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also SWERF and TERF is an excellent and useful pun.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Where's the idiot? both of these people are correctly hating terfs

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Lmao if the TERFs read Monstrous Regiment

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Or any of the books with the dwarves, or even loving equal rites.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

It's a hell of a reach. I mean if you were desperately flailing around for a safely dead big name author to support your nonsense, how the gently caress do you land on Terry Pratchett for 'Truth telling gender essentialist'.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Deptfordx posted:

It's a hell of a reach. I mean if you were desperately flailing around for a safely dead big name author to support your nonsense, how the gently caress do you land on Terry Pratchett for 'Truth telling gender essentialist'.

These people are TERFs.

Thinking is not a thing they do.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
DID THOSE MORONS FORGET CHEERY LITTLEBOTTOM, A CHARACTER WHOSE ENTIRE ARC WAS COMING TO TERMS WITH BEING A WOMAN WHEN HER SOCIETY DEMANDED SHE BE MALE

HOLY gently caress THAT'S INFURIATING

Samovar posted:

These people are TERFs.

Thinking is not a thing they do.

True. I stand by my all-caps brain aneurysm.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I honestly don't understand what gender-critical even is cos I read the definition and it seems to be completely inline with what I've heard trans people tell me, that biological sex and gender are different.
Is there something I'm missing?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mega Comrade posted:

I honestly don't understand what gender-critical even is cos I read the definition and it seems to be completely inline with what I've heard trans people tell me, that biological sex and gender are different.

They play down gender in order to reduce everything to ‘produces sperm’ and ‘can get pregnant’

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

No, you're just putting more thought into it than terfs do.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Mega Comrade posted:

Gender-critical is 'Gender isn't a thing, only sex is a thing' - so you can only be a woman or a man, and only by being born as one. Hence why it's an anti-trans ideology. On top of that, it often gets furthered into 'only women who can get pregnant/men who can impregnate, women must be femme to count, etc.' sex as traditional behaviour that a 1950s TV show would blush at: that's why it's fits in neatly with the extreme right tradwife stuff and you often see tradwife TERFs. They don't believe in gender and sex as mutable concepts.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mega Comrade posted:

IIRC the argument goes something like "if gender is socially constructed and not biological then you can't be 'transgender' because gender's not real".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

grittyreboot posted:

I don't know anything about Meijer but in this instance at least he isn't the idiot
https://twitter.com/RepMeijer/status/1421214612616359936?s=19

Eh, he is still being dumb. It’s a bad statistic much like when republicans said “corona’s death rate is only 0.001%” because they were comparing the number of deaths vs the total population and not the total infected. Like, yes, the vaccine prevents infections and mitigates the effect of the disease for those who get it anyway, but he’s comparing the number of breakthrough infections vs the total vaccinated population