Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sagebrush posted:

https://twitter.com/andyjayhawk/status/1316038292769566723

it's one of the ugliest cars i've ever seen

curb weight 5800 lb

it’s the perfect vehicle for a cyberpunk dystopia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

back end looks like a hearse

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

FAUXTON posted:

back end looks like a hearse

but enough about your mom

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol i've been threatening to get an escalade if we form 3rd babby because it's got a third row

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1420822651442921472?s=20

Zamujasa posted:

i like the juxtaposition that there's all this poo poo drivers are supposed to remember for answers and then later on "yeah they can't remember the speed limits"

but also an immense yikes at everything inside the cars being recorded and saved for two weeks, that sounds like an incredible opportunity for some juicy details given the kinds of idiots that would take the musktube to the convention center

take this with a grain of salt but I'd believe it

https://twitter.com/passthebeano/status/1420873540157407232?s=20

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Also

https://twitter.com/Paul91701736/status/1420939454022230017?s=20

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Weird Nerd Defense Force out again (and immediately proven wrong)

https://twitter.com/vipertrades/status/1420944994215645189

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

gschmidl posted:

Weird Nerd Defense Force out again (and immediately proven wrong)

https://twitter.com/vipertrades/status/1420944994215645189

[Senator Collins:] It’s a great pleasure, thank you.

[Interviewer:] This Tesla Megapack that was involved in the incident in Moorabool this week…

[Senator Collins:] Yeah, the one on fire?

[Interviewer:] Yeah

[Senator Collins:] That’s not very typical, I’d like to make that point.

[Interviewer:] Well, how is it untypical?

[Senator Collins:] Well, there are a lot of these battery packs being built around the world all the time, and very seldom does anything like this happen … I just don’t want people thinking that Tesla Megabatteries aren’t safe.

[Interviewer:] Was this battery safe?

[Senator Collins:] Well I was thinking more about the other ones…

[Interviewer:] The ones that are safe,,,

[Senator Collins:] Yeah,,, the ones aren't on fire.

[Interviewer:] Well, if this wasn’t safe, why did it have 80,000 MAmps of electricity in it?

[Senator Collins:] Well, I’m not saying it wasn’t safe, it’s just perhaps not quite as safe as some of the other ones.

[Interviewer:] Why?

[Senator Collins:] Well, some of them are built so they don't catch fire at all.

[Interviewer:] Wasn’t this built so it wouldn't catch fire?

[Senator Collins:] Well, obviously not.

[Interviewer:] “How do you know?”

[Senator Collins:] Well, ‘cause it caught fire, and 20,000 square meters of brush land caught fire. It’s a bit of a give-away.” I would just like to make the point that that is not normal.

[Interviewer:] Well, what sort of standards are these batteries built to?

[Senator Collins:] Oh, very rigorous … electrical engineering standards.

[Interviewer:] What sort of things?

[Senator Collins:] Well it's not supposed to catch fire, for a start.

[Interviewer:] And what other things?

[Senator Collins:] Well, there are … regulations governing the materials they can be made of

[Interviewer:] What materials?

[Senator Collins:] Well, Aluminium Foams’s out

[Interviewer:] And?

[Senator Collins:] …No combustible aluminium derivatives…

[Interviewer:] Like combustible aluminium cladding?

[Senator Collins:]. … No combustible aluminium cladding, no aluminium foam, no plates of aluminium. …

[Interviewer:] Magnesium?

[Senator Collins:] No, magnesium’s out .. Um, They’ve got to have a fire alarm. There’s a minimum fire suppression crew requirement.”

[Interviewer:] What’s the minimum crew?

[Senator Collins:] Oh,… one, I suppose.

[Interviewer:] So, the allegations that they are just designed to be built as quickly as possible to milk taxpayers and to hell with the consequences, I mean that’s ludicrous…

[Senator Collins:] Ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous. These are very, very strong batteries

[Interviewer:] So what happened in this case?

[Senator Collins:] Well, it caught on fire in this case by all means, but that’s very unusual.

[Interviewer:] But Senator Collins, why did it catch fire?

[Senator Collins:] Well, a droplet hit it.

[Interviewer:] A droplet hit it?

[Senator Collins:] A rain droplet hit the battery.

[Interviewer:] Is that unusual?

[Senator Collins:] Oh, yeah… In Victoria? …Chance in a million.

[Interviewer:] So what do you do to protect the environment in cases like this?

[Senator Collins:] Well, the battery was built outside the environment.

[Interviewer:] Into another environment….

[Senator Collins:] No, no, no. it’s been built beyond the environment, it’s not in the environment

[Interviewer:] Yeah, but from one environment to another environment.

[Senator Collins:] No, it’s beyond the environment, it’s not in an environment. It has been built beyond the environment.

[Interviewer:] Well, what’s out there?

[Senator Collins:] Nothing’s out there…

[Interviewer:] Well there must be something out there

[Senator Collins:] There is nothing out there… all there is …. is brush land …and birds ….and mammals

[Senator Collins:] And 20,000 tons of Bolivian lithium

[Interviewer:] And what else?

[Senator Collins:] And a fire

[Interviewer:] And anything else?

[Senator Collins:] And the part of the battery that caught on fire, but there’s nothing else out there.

[Interviewer:] Senator Collins thanks for joining us.

[Senator Collins:] It’s a complete void

[Interviewer:] Yeah, We’re out time

[Senator Collins:] The environment’s perfectly safe. …. We’re out of time?.. Can you book me a cab?

[Interviewer:] But didn’t you come in a Tesla?

[Senator Collins:] Yes, I did, but

[Interviewer:] What happened?

[Senator Collins:] Caught on fire

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Silver Alicorn posted:

American trucks are a blight

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i can't believe that building a ton of energy infrastructure with rare earth metals that infamously like to explode into uncontrollable fires might have been a bad idea

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

lmao

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i mean, i know it's probably just lol tesla build quality, but still

mystes
May 31, 2006

champagne posting posted:

[Senator Collins:] It’s a great pleasure, thank you.

[Interviewer:] This Tesla Megapack that was involved in the incident in Moorabool this week…

[Senator Collins:] Yeah, the one on fire?

[Interviewer:] Yeah

[Senator Collins:] That’s not very typical, I’d like to make that point.

[Interviewer:] Well, how is it untypical?

[Senator Collins:] Well, there are a lot of these battery packs being built around the world all the time, and very seldom does anything like this happen … I just don’t want people thinking that Tesla Megabatteries aren’t safe.

[Interviewer:] Was this battery safe?

[Senator Collins:] Well I was thinking more about the other ones…

[Interviewer:] The ones that are safe,,,

[Senator Collins:] Yeah,,, the ones aren't on fire.

[Interviewer:] Well, if this wasn’t safe, why did it have 80,000 MAmps of electricity in it?

[Senator Collins:] Well, I’m not saying it wasn’t safe, it’s just perhaps not quite as safe as some of the other ones.

[Interviewer:] Why?

[Senator Collins:] Well, some of them are built so they don't catch fire at all.

[Interviewer:] Wasn’t this built so it wouldn't catch fire?

[Senator Collins:] Well, obviously not.

[Interviewer:] “How do you know?”

[Senator Collins:] Well, ‘cause it caught fire, and 20,000 square meters of brush land caught fire. It’s a bit of a give-away.” I would just like to make the point that that is not normal.

[Interviewer:] Well, what sort of standards are these batteries built to?

[Senator Collins:] Oh, very rigorous … electrical engineering standards.

[Interviewer:] What sort of things?

[Senator Collins:] Well it's not supposed to catch fire, for a start.

[Interviewer:] And what other things?

[Senator Collins:] Well, there are … regulations governing the materials they can be made of

[Interviewer:] What materials?

[Senator Collins:] Well, Aluminium Foams’s out

[Senator Collins:] …No combustible aluminium derivatives…

[Interviewer:] Like combustible aluminium cladding?

[Senator Collins:]. … No combustible aluminium cladding, no aluminium foam, no plates of aluminium. …

[Interviewer:] Magnesium?

[Senator Collins:] No, magnesium’s out .. Um, They’ve got to have a fire alarm. There’s a minimum fire suppression crew requirement.”

[Interviewer:] What’s the minimum crew?

[Senator Collins:] Oh,… one, I suppose.

[Interviewer:] So, the allegations that they are just designed to be built as quickly as possible to milk taxpayers and to hell with the consequences, I mean that’s ludicrous…

[Senator Collins:] Ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous. These are very, very strong batteries

[Interviewer:] So what happened in this case?

[Senator Collins:] Well, it caught on fire in this case by all means, but that’s very unusual.

[Interviewer:] But Senator Collins, why did it catch fire?

[Senator Collins:] Well, a droplet hit it.

[Interviewer:] A droplet hit it?

[Senator Collins:] A rain droplet hit the battery.

[Interviewer:] Is that unusual?

[Senator Collins:] Oh, yeah… In Victoria? …Chance in a million.

[Interviewer:] So what do you do to protect the environment in cases like this?

[Senator Collins:] Well, the battery was built outside the environment.

[Interviewer:] Into another environment….

[Senator Collins:] No, no, no. it’s been built beyond the environment, it’s not in the environment

[Interviewer:] Yeah, but from one environment to another environment.

[Senator Collins:] No, it’s beyond the environment, it’s not in an environment. It has been built beyond the environment.

[Interviewer:] Well, what’s out there?

[Senator Collins:] Nothing’s out there…

[Interviewer:] Well there must be something out there

[Senator Collins:] There is nothing out there… all there is …. is brush land …and birds ….and mammals

[Senator Collins:] And 20,000 tons of Bolivian lithium

[Interviewer:] And what else?

[Senator Collins:] And a fire

[Interviewer:] And anything else?

[Senator Collins:] And the part of the battery that caught on fire, but there’s nothing else out there.

[Interviewer:] Senator Collins thanks for joining us.

[Senator Collins:] It’s a complete void

[Interviewer:] Yeah, We’re out time

[Senator Collins:] The environment’s perfectly safe. …. We’re out of time?.. Can you book me a cab?

[Interviewer:] But didn’t you come in a Tesla?

[Senator Collins:] Yes, I did, but

[Interviewer:] What happened?

[Senator Collins:] Caught on fire
Lol

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

for a while there I'm pretty sure every tesla came with a vanity plate application already filled out. you almost never saw one without something smug on it like "0 OIL" or "CLN PWR"

watt power!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oneiros posted:

i can't believe that building a ton of energy infrastructure with rare earth metals that infamously like to explode into uncontrollable fires might have been a bad idea

it would be less of a problem if it was just a ton!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

they're gonna have to dump half the ocean on that to put it out

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Endless Mike posted:

they're gonna have to dump half the ocean on that to put it out

i have some bad news about that piece of the ocean

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

lmao

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

im gonna go ahead and say yes, that is bad you complete loving idiot

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

elon musk

lemon suk

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ahahahahaha

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
excerpts from the new Tesla book coming out next week are hitting the stands:

quote:

As they pushed toward the end of the quarter, it became clear that the team had failed to anticipate how many trucks it would require to deliver an ever-increasing volume of cars to delivery centers that would then distribute them to customers. Third-party car carriers didn’t have enough space for them. Managers, with little automotive industry experience, had just assumed they could keep upping and upping their shipments as cars rolled off the line.

During one nightly call, a manager who had recently been hired as head of customer experience and operations spoke up. She’d spent years overseeing supply chains for the Army National Guard and joined Tesla from Walmart Inc. She was deeply experienced in operations, and looking at the numbers, she had bad news for Mr. Musk: The company couldn’t meet his goal of 100,000 deliveries this quarter. They were on pace for around 80,000

Mr. Musk didn’t accept that. He said he needed those deliveries to occur. Within days the manager was ousted. Mr. Musk told the nightly conference call of sales leaders that it wasn’t because she wasn’t enough of a sycophant, but was rather about her “fundamental inability to perform.” In reality, she had given him an answer he didn’t want to hear. He wanted to hear: We’ll do our best. The managers had been conditioned against telling him the unvarnished truth.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

excerpts from the new Tesla book coming out next week are hitting the stands:

it's always interesting to have it confirmed but i feel like this has been very obvious for quite some time. on the other hand, tesla is worth more than every automaker on earth and indeed most of them combined, so clearly it's a good strategy

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

infernal machines posted:

it's always interesting to have it confirmed but i feel like this has been very obvious for quite some time. on the other hand, tesla is worth more than every automaker on earth and indeed most of them combined, so clearly it's a good strategy

I'm very curious if this will have the same effect as the Theranos book once all of the madness is made clear (and once journalists can just quote the book/interview its author, which is much easier for them than doing the actual investigative reporting they have abandoned).

You know what, gently caress it. Grimes is still cool.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
imagine if your boss was an internet addicted moron who claimed to have aspergers syndrome on SNL

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
love the boss though

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
https://twitter.com/markgurman/status/1421134953782251525

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

LanceHunter posted:

You know what, gently caress it. Grimes is still cool.

She was never cool, but I'll grant you that whatever she is, she's authentic about it

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Oh man, Elon running Apple into the ground would be too good.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

infernal machines posted:

at least sentiment has started to turn (probably not, but it feels like theres been an uptick in the last month or two)

ah well nevertheless

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

e: comedy option, back when elon briefly surpassed him, bezos put aside a 10 mil pocket change slush fund to boost negative tesla stories & its startin to work

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lmao

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

LanceHunter posted:

I'm very curious if this will have the same effect as the Theranos book once all of the madness is made clear (and once journalists can just quote the book/interview its author, which is much easier for them than doing the actual investigative reporting they have abandoned).

John Carreuyrou had already written a bunch of articles for WSJ before the book...

ive said it before, it will be something completely stupid and seemingly in-consequential that will tip the whole thing over...

plenty of good poo poo coming out of the delaware solar city suit... probably also an SEC investigation going on like with Milton..

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

e: