Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I'm pretty sure Impreza wagons are usually shorter than the sedan. Maybe Mazda 3 also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Yeah, it's not so much that it's longer (or shorter), but that it's so close. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an inch longer or shorter, but 1 freaking millimeter? That's some crazy engineering.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Maybe it was just hotter that day and the tape measure stretched.

Edit:I'm glad I didn't say which day.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I can completely understand not wanting a wagon if most everyone else has one since I myself have a terminal case of 'they have one, now it is not cool anymore :colbert:' BUT I can't come up with a reason why, practically, you wouldn't choose the form of wagon over sedan every time.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Charles posted:

Maybe Mazda 3 also

That's a hatch, not wagon.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

opengl128 posted:

That's a hatch, not wagon.
I had to pick one of these options when inputting info about my car for a pickup order at Target, and it got me thinking - what's the real difference? Significant greenhouse behind the rear seats?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Too cowardly to say you drive a wagon

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

9n the subject of Wagons, my dream car is a 2007 Volvo V70 R

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

KakerMix posted:

I can completely understand not wanting a wagon if most everyone else has one since I myself have a terminal case of 'they have one, now it is not cool anymore :colbert:' BUT I can't come up with a reason why, practically, you wouldn't choose the form of wagon over sedan every time.

A lot of it probably has to do with wagons being more expensive, even when they were more common. If you're buying a budget car and the wagon is 10% more, that's a substantial increase when you're probably already stretching your budget.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Eric Cantonese posted:

How have you found the infotainment? That's been a big complaint I've seen for recent Jags, although it was supposedly worse pre-2016. Even the most sympathetic British journalists seem to take issue with how JLR implements it.

Didn't like it. The upgraded technologies pack has an update to get carplay/Android auto but I don't have that, so I had this OVERNIGHTED FROM JAPAN England to get wireless Carplay/Android Auto. Came in today, I'll report back once it's installed.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Re: Wagon vs Hatch,

Probably the same difference between a "CUV" and a "SUV". Marketing. Which is why the new Lamborghini Family Truckster is NOT a wagon, it's a SUV

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Mustache Ride posted:

Didn't like it. The upgraded technologies pack has an update to get carplay/Android auto but I don't have that, so I had this OVERNIGHTED FROM JAPAN England to get wireless Carplay/Android Auto. Came in today, I'll report back once it's installed.

"Touch control and button control" does this mean you can use your steering wheel buttons (I think you have them anyway)?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Krakkles posted:

I had to pick one of these options when inputting info about my car for a pickup order at Target, and it got me thinking - what's the real difference? Significant greenhouse behind the rear seats?

Thanks to the focus sold here in all 3 forms its easy to visualize

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Probably should have used the five door hatch in the example.

Re Mazda the current (or guess soon to be previous) gen sedan is significantly longer than the wagon. I think this is mostly because the sedan got Americanised but because the wagon was never sold in that market it remained a more sensible size.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Krakkles posted:

Yeah, basically. A wagon tends to have more cargo space than a hatchback. Usually, but not always a bit more squared off in the rear as well.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Kilonum posted:

Same. I got to test drive one for a friend, once. He was shopping for his next ride and he has excellent taste and wanted something special. There was one for sale in his budget that was fairly close to me but quite far from him, so he asked if I'd be willing to check it out and take lots of pictures for him. I rowed through the 6 speeds with the turbo making itself felt while the owner encouraged me to go faster. Glorious car. But my friend decided against it because of the corrosion at the trailer wires and a few small spots of rust/bubbly paint. The car was right at the top of what he was willing to spend (the flight and drive home over 3000 km notwithstanding) and he was searching for something that would be more likely to not have fiddly electrical gremlins nor more serious rust issues hidden somewhere.

I can absolutely understand preferring a sedan over a wagon for any number of reasons. Personal taste is the big obvious one, but sometimes you need to carry something somewhere that really should not share the same air as you. Jerry cans of gasoline, vented ultra-low-temperature containers (e.g. Liquid Nitrogen or dry ice - and yes, I've driven with these dangerous goods in my car before), bags of manure, and you don't have a pickup or ute.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

Kilonum posted:

I had a 98 V70R and a 06 V70R. Both were very nice cars, though the turning radius on the 04-07 Rs was rather wide which made tight parking a pain but was very nice on the highway for sure. Currently have a 16 V60 Polestar and it's basically the updated 06 R but a lot stiffer in the suspension and updated electronics. Better turn radius, but you do lose a bit of trunk space being a 60 vs a 70. At 350hp awd turbo, it takes off like a rocket. I was just at the dealer getting some work done and they rented me a 2021 S60 T5. Not gonna lie, the 8 speed trans was butter smooth and the updated interior/electronics were nice...but I still prefer my polestar instead. Something about sport wagons I've always liked. I even had a hitch put on it so I can tow a small trailer for bigger outdoor projects and getting equipment in to be serviced. I like having that kind of versatility without dealing with truck fuel consumptions..

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just some fresh shoes on the arguably ugly but undeniably exceedingly comfortable and useful truck.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
someone followed my partner home to offer us this '92 740 wagon for a couple hundred bux because they'd seen us driving around the neighborhood in our other 740s.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Racing car. And an M3. Hehe

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

stone soup posted:

someone followed my partner home to offer us this '92 740 wagon for a couple hundred bux because they'd seen us driving around the neighborhood in our other 740s.

lol gently caress you got me with those spoiler tags, forgot what thread I was in for a minute

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

Oxphocker posted:

I had a 98 V70R and a 06 V70R. Both were very nice cars, though the turning radius on the 04-07 Rs was rather wide which made tight parking a pain but was very nice on the highway for sure. Currently have a 16 V60 Polestar and it's basically the updated 06 R but a lot stiffer in the suspension and updated electronics. Better turn radius, but you do lose a bit of trunk space being a 60 vs a 70. At 350hp awd turbo, it takes off like a rocket. I was just at the dealer getting some work done and they rented me a 2021 S60 T5. Not gonna lie, the 8 speed trans was butter smooth and the updated interior/electronics were nice...but I still prefer my polestar instead. Something about sport wagons I've always liked. I even had a hitch put on it so I can tow a small trailer for bigger outdoor projects and getting equipment in to be serviced. I like having that kind of versatility without dealing with truck fuel consumptions..

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-volvo-v70r-30/

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Here's an F150:

And here's a goat:

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Waxed it yesterday, treating it like a work truck today. Are the roof bars rated for the weight? You bet they aren't!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

dema posted:

Here's an F150:

And here's a goat:

Mt. Evans?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I just like looking at my car and the hundred shades of yellow it becomes in the sun.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I approve of yellow cars with the MD flag.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

davebo posted:

same

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

davebo posted:

I used to have MD flag inserts in the ST emblems but it got faded and peeled. I should look into getting the gel set someday, it was a small thing but I liked it.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Correct

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Night Danger Moose posted:

I just like looking at my car and the hundred shades of yellow it becomes in the sun.

gently caress this is so good

Aleks_r
May 13, 2005

Fili Dilecti Sanctae Barbarae
Oh lord. There's two of them!

I need two, since i never know which one will start in the morning when i'm off to work.

2003 Alfa Romeo 156 GTA

2010 Alfa Romeo 159 TI SportWagon

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Just because

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Applesnots posted:

Just because

Stupid ly perfect :swoon:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I haven't taken possession yet, but I the deposit was sent and I have a flight booked for Friday, one of the Hyperblue 2016 BRZs. Daily driver / backup TT car.

Tail lights need to be replaced with some Tom's red ones, but it seems like a pretty solid base and has been well kept.

Engine/Power/Exhaust
CSG Spec - NA Power Package - Subaru BRZ
o ACE Header 350 Type-A - Equal Length 4-2-1 Header
o Jet Hot 2500°F Ceremic Coating
o Catted Front Pipe
o Tune (91 and 93 Octane maps)
o Should be around 190ish WHP
Perrin Intake Inlet Hose - 2013-2016 FR-S / BRZ
HKS Air Intake Duct - 2013+ FR-S / BRZ
CSG Spec - TOURING 86 Competition Exhaust by MXP
Braille AGM 11lb Battery Kit
Perrin Engine Mount (Poly Bush’d new version)
Whiteline Poly Transmission Insert
Whiteline Poly Differential insert
GReddy Magdrain Magnetic Oil Drain Plug M16x1.5
Jackson Racing Dual Radiator / Oil Cooler V2

Suspension
ProParts USA Custom Megan Racing STX Package (400lb F/R springs)
Racer X BRZ Rear Upper Control Arms
RacerX Front Lower Control Arm Ball Joints
SuperPro Front Lower Control Arm Bushings
Whiteline Rear Essential Kit Poly Bushings
Whiteline Steering Rack and Pinion bushings
Perrin 22mm Front Sway Bar

Wheels/Tires/Brakes
WedSport TC105n Circuit White 17x9+35
o Yokohama A052 - 245/40R17
Carbone Lorraine (CL) - RC5+ - Front
Carbotech AX6 - Rear
Racer X Master Cylinder Brace
Stoptech Slotted Front/Rear Rotors

dema
Aug 13, 2006

That sure looks rad.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

dema posted:

That sure looks rad.

:same:

Always liked those cars but FFS I wish Toyota/Subaru would put a 2.0 turbo in it and it'd be perfect. I don't even think I'd care to add much power to it if it were around 10lb/hp.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Thanks, the seller is being over the top communicative so I don't really expect any surprises.

Going to try and ironman Oklahoma City to Phoenix since it was really difficult to fit this into my schedule, we will see how that goes.

As for power, dream motor in the thing to me is a 230whp K24, but I have zero intentions of this replacing the Miata as a track tool so it'll stay as it is. :D

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Miata satiates my need to a nimble sports car. What role does the 86 fill for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

BlackMK4 posted:

Going to try and ironman Oklahoma City to Phoenix…

Just make sure to make it out of Oklahoma. That’s 90% of the battle.