Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, they need her. Admit it.

Woah hey, woah, hey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, God. I still don't hate this yet.

WHAT ELSE COULD STILL BE COMING?

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
For the record, the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjzIBI3jkKY

My call: The Gang says "yes, Oh Mighty Worm Queen, we need you, please help us", and she looks down and whispers "No", leading to another imperfect binding.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Considering

1. Dave personally asked for her help a few pages ago, and
2. the rest of the group is in formation

I don't understand what Gog is trying to prove here. Her question is already implicitly and explicitly answered?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

bees x1000 posted:

Considering

1. Dave personally asked for her help a few pages ago, and
2. the rest of the group is in formation

I don't understand what Gog is trying to prove here. Her question is already implicitly and explicitly answered?

That's not quite what she means. She has a very serious bone to pick with Solomon and the rest of the demiurges, and there's no time like the present! This isn't about asking if they need her help to win. This is about her, at best, rubbing it in their faces, at worst, ending this attempt because they made her angry enough to do it.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I just noticed the red seat next to Jadis there. Is that Jagganoth's? It looks way too small for him.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ahhh its chekovs worm
Its turned

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So which of these ridiculous dumbasses will be the one who just can't help themselves and tells Gog-agog to gently caress off?

Not that it matters too much in the grand scheme of things. After a drop like that there's a 100% chance that somebody is going to mess this up!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh it’s absolutely going to be Mottom. She’s riding that insult high.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What's going on in the fourth panel? It doesn't look like Jadis.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

IUG posted:

What's going on in the fourth panel? It doesn't look like Jadis.

Jadis rising from the ground/teleporting maybe? You can see her block in the 8th panel with the same blast of energy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The thing we all hate is Gog pulling a Mannfred Carstein and ruining everything?

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Oh gently caress it's GOG

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

It was exquisite seeing Salami Dave as a part of the n-Cubit Spear conga line and if Good Old Games here causes that to have been for naught I'm not sure if I'll like her anymore :mad:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dammerung posted:

That's not quite what she means. She has a very serious bone to pick with Solomon and the rest of the demiurges, and there's no time like the present! This isn't about asking if they need her help to win. This is about her, at best, rubbing it in their faces, at worst, ending this attempt because they made her angry enough to do it.

Yeah, I feel like this is a rhetorical question. She is terrified that everybody else can do the cool thing to save the world without her and this pisses her off so much that she would rather gently caress it up so that nobody gets to save the world.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i love that jagganog called gog out about this on the last page, "consumptive queen, you cling to your carousel passions, it weakens you" and she's still doing it. gently caress the multiverse, gently caress jagganog, gently caress everyone, its time for ME now! its a show and i'm the star!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's not about betrayal; It's that right here and now is her moment. Her one chance to force them to recognize her and respect her as a Queen among peers and not treat her as a joke. The Demiurges have a choice between letting their egos reign supreme and failing, and treating her with a shred of decency, and it could go either way.

I suspect the response will be a chorus of "YES! FINE! WHATEVER!" just to get her in line and supercharge that spear all by her lonesome.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Gog isn't a person, but a ravening, insane beast in the shape of a person.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
So a person then.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

thechosenone posted:

So a person then.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's not about betrayal; It's that right here and now is her moment. Her one chance to force them to recognize her and respect her as a Queen among peers and not treat her as a joke. The Demiurges have a choice between letting their egos reign supreme and failing, and treating her with a shred of decency, and it could go either way.

I suspect the response will be a chorus of "YES! FINE! WHATEVER!" just to get her in line and supercharge that spear all by her lonesome.

that’s kind of a fakeout. probably they’ll all go “what are you crazy come on” and she’ll say “wow I guess not lmao bye”

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The point of a protest is to cause inconvenience and disruption. Gog just timing it right

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

They throw it anyway.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

After that foreshadowing, they are screwed

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
it's an echo of Mottom's words in the last page, isn't it

Gog is the ultimate mass which outnumbers

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

packetmantis posted:

I just noticed the red seat next to Jadis there. Is that Jagganoth's? It looks way too small for him.

Jaggie is a growing boy

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

ThaumPenguin posted:

Jaggie is a growing boy

Our large adult god

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
What if Jagganoth is the one who admits it first?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

What if Jagganoth is the one who admits it first?

lol jagganoth admits allison and co are right and in the next panel is holding the spear with everyone else pointed at gog

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bussamove posted:

Oh it’s absolutely going to be Mottom. She’s riding that insult high.

Her and Dave too probably, they're both too in the moment and pissed and probably don't care for Gog to see past themselves.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

World Famous W posted:

The point of a protest is to cause inconvenience and disruption. Gog just timing it right

Can't blame an organic mass the size of a small moon for wanting a little respect.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The most powerful demiurge if she ever bothers to focus on a task. Crushing all beneath the weight of infinite worms.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

that’s kind of a fakeout. probably they’ll all go “what are you crazy come on” and she’ll say “wow I guess not lmao bye”

Is it possible though, for Operant to resist the urge to draw something cool like 'hundreds of wormpeople helping throw the big energy spear'

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Count Uvula posted:

Is it possible though, for Operant to resist the urge to draw something cool like 'hundreds of wormpeople helping throw the big energy spear'

Yeah, I definitly think the point of it's going to be "they might be six but she is Many" and drag that cubit spear a LOT further back by herselves.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It seems a whole lot less like they need her and more like they need her to not interfere. No one takes Incubus seriously either but he's still showing up.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

they're gonna kill gog with it.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

maswastaken posted:

It seems a whole lot less like they need her and more like they need her to not interfere. No one takes Incubus seriously either but he's still showing up.

She's the reason he's on his knees right now. She's crushing him under the weight of infinite worms. He just did a huge blast that did nothing but clear a space for the spear. They would be hosed if she backed off.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 31, 2021

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I don't think it'll actually play out this way but personally I'm hoping for a two-for-one killshot combo. Just absolutely no sell Gog to the extreme. "No, we don't" replies everyone in unison as they just spear Gog and Jagganoth at the same time without even skipping a beat. Which of course doesn't pay off on a whole bunch of development and isn't a natural next beat in the story or anything that will generate the kind of fun and interesting drama that Gog loving this all up will generate, but it's what I'm hoping to see.

What I'm expecting to see is the team snatching total defeat from the jaws of ultimate victory, in true Demiurge fashion.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Gog in this scene could be swapped with Incubus, and I'm kind of surprised he's not the one being the little poo poo here. "Admit I'm a real demiurge, admit you need me to survive!" would fit him very well, and it'd be a good setup of the Demiurges being forced to admit, through gritted teeth, that they need Incubus's help... just in time for Maya to decapitate him and really gently caress them over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

Mimesweeper posted:

i love that jagganog called gog out about this on the last page, "consumptive queen, you cling to your carousel passions, it weakens you" and she's still doing it. gently caress the multiverse, gently caress jagganog, gently caress everyone, its time for ME now! its a show and i'm the star!

I think she honestly believes she can survive whatever reckoning Jagganoth plans and still considers this to be a dramatic jape or smth similar