Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

They're not actually invulnerable, they just don't display hp bars and are as tanky as always. Killing them doesn't do anything special, just takes them out of the fight for that round of spawns

And yes, i have also lost the electro seelie multiple times. Zoooooooooom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i lost the tanuki on fire cube island, they should make those guys fly and glow purple too imo

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

finally got the hanayumi blueprint today, didn't expect this daily event to take that long

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

For the life of me I cannot beat the challenge fight you need to win to knock out the forcefield protecting the shard in the Into the Mountains quest. My team is 70/50/50/40. Am I underleveled or just bad?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

For the life of me I cannot beat the challenge fight you need to win to knock out the forcefield protecting the shard in the Into the Mountains quest. My team is 70/50/50/40. Am I underleveled or just bad?

No idea what your team looks like so I dunno. I got frozen so many times doing that one, it's really annoying.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

RareAcumen posted:

No idea what your team looks like so I dunno. I got frozen so many times doing that one, it's really annoying.

I'm running Anemo Lumine/Qiqi/Diluc/Xingqiu. I only have one of those seelie warming spots unlocked, if that matters.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Is it worth it to buy Acquaint Fate with dust?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is that the one with a pool of water, a bunch of ice mages, and you have to run round the water to kill groups on different sides on a fairly tight time limit? At the bottom of a big cave? If so, that was a bastard of a fight for me too. Took lots of attempts, and I think at one point I hosed off and came back a week or two later, higher level with better artifacts. I cant remember if there is any good advice I could give other than I think that if I fell in the water I pretty much just wrote off that attempt. My team would have been Anemo traveller, Razor, Bennet, and... I'm honestly not sure for slot 4, it was before I got Zhongli, so maybe it would have been amber purely to have a second pyro/occasionally use her bunny bomb?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Black Griffon posted:

Buy all the fates every month with dust if you can imo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

Always. Just make sure you're using Stardust and not Starglitter. I aim to clean out the shop every month for those Fates.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Excellent. I've been looking at them longingly while the days counted down, but I wasn't sure because people talk about focusing on the limited banner.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think a good way to think of it is not to spend anything particularly limited on the standard banner--in this case, primogems or starglitter. Stardust is fine to spend on acquaint fates.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

Excellent. I've been looking at them longingly while the days counted down, but I wasn't sure because people talk about focusing on the limited banner.

I buy both types, just to be clear. It's kinda died down because most of the people talking in here are all like, AR 47 at least.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yep, rolls are rolls. standard banner still has some good stuff, so any acquaints you can get without spending primos are worth grabbing.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Personally I'm looking forward to the shop resetting tomorrow because I'm closing in on the standard banner 5* pity and I'm excited to throw five more acquaint fates at it and see what happens.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Dust is for Fates, anything else is secondary.

As for that stupid challenge fight in Dragonspine, I remember having a ton of trouble and I think ended up eating a bunch of food and potions to be able to kill things fast enough. It is the epitome of what I dislike about Genshin, lovely fights with a time constraint.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Black Griffon posted:

Basically, all the other stuff you can buy with stardust isn't all that important, so there's not a whole lot of opportunity cost involved. Go wild and buy those five blue wishes every month.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm running Anemo Lumine/Qiqi/Diluc/Xingqiu. I only have one of those seelie warming spots unlocked, if that matters.

Is Diluc the one mostly leveled one? He should be leading that fight. Is that the fight with the freakin' abyss mages?

The "trick" is to get their attention and get them to all teleport close to one another, then go after them with the claymore once they're gouped. Each swing can nail multiple shields. Also try to knock them together and not away for each other.

Does that quest lock you out of multiplayer? If it doesn't you can always ask goons on discord for an assist. The discord is in the OP.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
jeez azhdaha co-op is actually impossible. Was curious and wanted the achievement but wow going through 2 million hp with randoms is not smooth. I guess it's also a bad week to try it because he's pyro/cryo.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

love to collect mushroom spores and then mihoyo tells me to gently caress off when i pick up a philanemo

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is this the one with multiple Abyss Mages? That one is a huge pain in the rear end; the way I beat it was breaking their shields and drowning them.

If you want to poke us on the Discord, I'm sure some of us would be happy to jump in and help out.

No Wave posted:

jeez azhdaha co-op is actually impossible. Was curious and wanted the achievement but wow going through 2 million hp with randoms is not smooth. I guess it's also a bad week to try it because he's pyro/cryo.

I do it co-op every week, though C2 Zhongli definitely helps a lot

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

jeez azhdaha co-op is actually impossible. Was curious and wanted the achievement but wow going through 2 million hp with randoms is not smooth.

Get on goon discord :P

Those sometimes everyone's trying build friendship levels with odd characters, and comes down to Morax meleeing the bloated dragon down from full all by his lonesome.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Thanks for answers. Still the case that glitter should be saved for characters and not fates though?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Perhaps try it on a lower difficulty, since the achievement does not demand that you do the hardest one

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Black Griffon posted:

Thanks for answers. Still the case that glitter should be saved for characters and not fates though?

There's two characters available per month for 34 Glitter and a bunch of weapons for 24.

One Fate is a pretty bad deal.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Glitter is up to you since buying the fates gets you closer to your next 5 star but sometimes you can't get a 4 star to come home and buying them from the shop helps with that.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 31, 2021

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mihoyo Lab primo rewards got shifted few days earlier, now you can get them by day 18 instead of 21. It seems people missed too many days.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Unlocking all seelies also makes the fight easier indeed. Not greatly, but in this fight every tiny bit counts.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Tanreall posted:

Glitter is up to you since buying the fates gets you closer to your next 5 star but sometimes you can't get a 4 star to come home and buying them from the shop helps with that.

Right oh, don't feel a desperate need yet, I'll save them.

Also I just found out about leveling up talents ha haaa jesus gently caress what's wrong with me, I've spent a lot of hours in this game. I'm mostly just asking a lot of questions because I took a long break.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i always spend glitter on wishes, and the pulls i did using glitter got me non-pity jean and hu tao, so i won't be changing my behavior anytime soon. yes, i know those were total flukes, i dont care

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Took me four rolls at the start of the banner to get me my Ayaka, so if nothing else I'm gonna wait for the next banner.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Black Griffon posted:

Also I just found out about leveling up talents ha haaa jesus gently caress what's wrong with me, I've spent a lot of hours in this game. I'm mostly just asking a lot of questions because I took a long break.

:same:

I skipped on those for the lonest time. I thought they were just whale time sinks. Well, they are, but raising them to at least 6 nets huge benefits.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

It's fine, there's a lot of mechanics to try and wrap your head around initially.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Black Griffon posted:

Took me four rolls at the start of the banner to get me my Ayaka, so if nothing else I'm gonna wait for the next banner.

Keep in mind if you want the 4 stars on the banner, or their constellations. You're unlikely to get another 5 star in your next set of rolls (though I'm one of those guys who's had it happen).

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Some Numbers posted:

There's two characters available per month for 34 Glitter and a bunch of weapons for 24.

One Fate is a pretty bad deal.

This was more true before we found out the shop is just the same rotation. I'm at the point where the only thing I buy is freebie constellations because I already have the non-freebies at high constellations and the weapons are pretty situational. Getting closer to the 5* pity send better when those are your alternatives.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Aw man, they took out meat and fowl from the daily check-in rewards.

Jokes aside, looks way better. Primos have been moved up so you only need 18 days to get them all, and the non-leveling mats/mora you get are fully cooked food.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Making it a visual chart really puts into perspective how lopsided character distribution is. And this is even missing Kokomi & Thoma who would lopside poo poo even further.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

on one hand, the glitter to fate exchange rate is bad. on the other, the shop rotation has been static so far and depending on your roster it may just suck

i'll probably start holding onto them a bit more after Sayu drops but the batch of 4* from 1.1 haven't shown in the shop yet, let alone Yanfei or Rosa. so i could probably continue to cash glitter for rolls and be safe until like 2023 lmao

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

is there a treasure compass available for inazuma or any word on one in the future?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Hexel posted:

is there a treasure compass available for inazuma or any word on one in the future?

Yeah, it's part of the reputation rewards like with Liyue and Mondstadt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Hexel posted:

You get it as a reward for reaching level 9 reputation. It'll be a good while before you can unlock it, even if you're doing requests and max-level bounties every week.