Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TwoPair posted:

Is it though? I mean, in Universe 7 Majin Buu ate a Supreme Kai and iirc the Old Kai was a Supreme Kai that got his rear end magicked into a sword and the universe didn't end.

The universe doesn't end, but presumably with something mean enough to take out your divine hierarchy running around, things are going to get real bad because presumably they're not going to stop there. Majin Buu only barely got stopped from killing everyone and everything by the fat supreme kai getting absorbed and turning Buu into Fat Buu. Future Trunks's world is also a pretty good example, though that was a deliberately targeted assassination strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kanos posted:

The universe doesn't end, but presumably with something mean enough to take out your divine hierarchy running around, things are going to get real bad because presumably they're not going to stop there. Majin Buu only barely got stopped from killing everyone and everything by the fat supreme kai getting absorbed and turning Buu into Fat Buu. Future Trunks's world is also a pretty good example, though that was a deliberately targeted assassination strike.

Sounds like a good reason to have a backup GoD to take care of that. Assuming that is something the GoD is supposed to take care of and that they aren't sleeping.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, it’s stated in the Trunks arc that the lives of GoDs and Supreme Kais are inextricably connected. If I recall, Supreme Kai died fighting Buu so Beerus also died

Even though Old Kai was stuck in the Z Sword he was still technically alive

Interestingly now that we've seen the whole Trunks timeline Buu Saga thanks to the Kakarot DLC it seems that turning the Z Sword to stone counts as "killing" Old Kai.

Supreme Kai dies from exerting himself while helping Trunks kill Dabura after being fatally wounded shortly before.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Iirc it was mentioned or implied that Destroyers are extremely long lived but not truly immortal, and I think something similar is implied for Kais given they age visibly. And/or possibly want to retire eventually.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Beerus stuck Old Kai in the Z Sword instead of killing him, too. Smartly keeping himself safe, I guess. Then he got someone even worse to be linked to.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Darko posted:

Beerus stuck Old Kai in the Z Sword instead of killing him, too. Smartly keeping himself safe, I guess. Then he got someone even worse to be linked to.

tbf there was a pretty competent dude in the interim

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Iirc it was mentioned or implied that Destroyers are extremely long lived but not truly immortal, and I think something similar is implied for Kais given they age visibly. And/or possibly want to retire eventually.

I think Kai lifespan is outright stated. Normal ones live about 75000 years, while ones born from the Golden Fruit live about 7500000. Why determining who will serve as a Kaio they draw lots, with the role of supreme Kai only the ones from the golden fruits draw lots, unless the Supreme has a chosen successor who agrees to take it up.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Darko posted:

Or he could go and actually destroy the universe-level threats so he's not at risk of being ganked by Majin Buu through Shin

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Beerus is dead in Trunk's timeline. Thus, Trunks is the strongest in the universe, as long as Moro stays in jail.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Covok posted:

Beerus is dead in Trunk's timeline. Thus, Trunks is the strongest in the universe, as long as Moro stays in jail.

Nah that's the fail timeline that got destroyed by Zeno, he got rehoused in another timeline before Zamasu did his poo poo with a present Beerus and Whis

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

multijoe posted:

Nah that's the fail timeline that got destroyed by Zeno, he got rehoused in another timeline before Zamasu did his poo poo with a present Beerus and Whis

Yeah, Trunks is strongest in a dead multiverse with nothing in it. GG, Trunks.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

multijoe posted:

Yeah, Trunks is strongest in a dead multiverse with nothing in it. GG, Trunks.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the two trunks should potara fuse (no retcon)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

trunks is a metaphor for the toxic upbringing boomers gave the millenials. chibi trunks is basically aj soprano

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tony Soprano would have never given Cell the Senzu bean.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Aurora posted:

the two trunks should potara fuse (no retcon)

Trunksknurt would have a hair gradient from blue to purple.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Tony Soprano would have never given Cell the Senzu bean.

imagining an episode where a financially insecure paulie has to convince goku to take a dive against cell.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Trunks^2, Goku-tier

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

amigolupus posted:

So what does it say about Vegeta that the two people he's been with for huge periods of his life both have the same mindset with their wish?

Well, so did Commander Red.

The common denominator there, actually, is that they're all very powerful people who are specifically seeking out the Dragon Balls to give them something that their own wealth, power and technology can't provide. Remember that Bulma originally wanted a perfect boyfriend- and given she starts out as the genius heir to a massive fortune, I imagine she had a lot of trouble finding one who wasn't a gold digger and still respected her. Immortality is one thing, but the magic of an Eternal Dragon can presumably do body alteration much better than even advanced cosmetic surgery can. (it can resurrect the dead, after all)

And of course, the other common factor is that they're among the few people who have the luxury to spend the time and resources scouring the globe/universe for magical orbs.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
To be honest it’s not hard to imagine Dragonball-era Bulma having boy problems just on the basis of, you know, being the kind of person who sees a twelve year old orphan’s memento of his grandpa and convinces him to help her use it to get a boyfriend without mentioning the part where the memento wishrock flies off into the ether post-wish.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That doesn't help, no, but well, she was a teenager at the time.

Had a sudden realisation that Goku Black is basically a more competent and successful Captain Ginyu. Goes along a bit with a theme of DBS villains taking gimmicks from DBZ villains but actually having the power and competence to back it up, see also Hit being an actually competent Guldo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I thought I remember reading that God is a mantle

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Stairmaster posted:

imagining an episode where a financially insecure paulie has to convince goku to take a dive against cell.

Chris and Paulie out in the East City pine barrens looking for the Androids.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That doesn't help, no, but well, she was a teenager at the time.

Had a sudden realisation that Goku Black is basically a more competent and successful Captain Ginyu. Goes along a bit with a theme of DBS villains taking gimmicks from DBZ villains but actually having the power and competence to back it up, see also Hit being an actually competent Guldo.

It's pointed out in several games. The Xenoverse 2 DLC has some fun with it too, with Ginyu taking over Goku's body which was already taken by Black.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Blaze Dragon posted:

The Xenoverse 2 DLC has some fun with it too, with Ginyu taking over Goku's body which was already taken by Black.

The best part of that is Ginyu managing to use Super Saiyan Rose's ki by just imitating Goku's combat poses. :allears:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The best part of that is Ginyu managing to use Super Saiyan Rose's ki by just imitating Goku's combat poses. :allears:

Ginyu would absolutely nail the Fusion Dance first try.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

When does Toriyama start publishing my fanfiction of Goku training with Broly for a new power-up.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ginyu would absolutely nail the Fusion Dance first try.

He's really into it in Fusions. The Ginyu Force even created their own dance to get all five together, which they teach the player team in exchange to learning the normal fusion dance.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sometimes youtube delivers a gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19JOfx_r7OM

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lonely is excellent and I fully recommend following him if you're into Dragon Ball or Yu-Gi-Oh! humour (as well as other shows but those seem to be his most consistent ones).

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Blaze Dragon posted:

He's really into it in Fusions. The Ginyu Force even created their own dance to get all five together, which they teach the player team in exchange to learning the normal fusion dance.

Ah ha, my idea to launch Tien into the Gohan and Piccolo tier of "sometimes useful in a fight" by having him use multiform and then have the multi-Tiens fuse to multiply his power is one step closer to fruition.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cabbit posted:

Ah ha, my idea to launch Tien into the Gohan and Piccolo tier of "sometimes useful in a fight" by having him use multiform and then have the multi-Tiens fuse to multiply his power is one step closer to fruition.

Wait wouldn't that just fuse them back to normal Tien?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So Brazil won a gold medal in canoeing and the dude celebrated like this:

https://twitter.com/jvnmarques/status/1423875484232806406?s=19

once again, DBZ proving to be latin american culture

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TwoPair posted:

Wait wouldn't that just fuse them back to normal Tien?

In theory it'd make an exponentially stronger magic Tien for thirty minutes or so

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Burkion posted:

In theory it'd make an exponentially stronger magic Tien for thirty minutes or so

Exactly; fusions are greater than the sum of their parts, so it'd be some sort of mega Tien-- Shin Tien Shinhan, if you will. :v:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dias posted:

So Brazil won a gold medal in canoeing and the dude celebrated like this:

https://twitter.com/jvnmarques/status/1423875484232806406?s=19

once again, DBZ proving to be latin american culture

Could also be a hadoken?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the tweet itself says it's dragon ball

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Poor form if you ask me..

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Looks more like the end part of a galick gun to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Heres the actual thing, it wasn't a static pose. Decent windup.

https://twitter.com/fsouzaxd/status/1423853975615459331?s=19