Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

I will disagree slightly with Tony, as without stupid magic deletion Matt Hardy we wouldn't have had the goofy swimming pool of reincarnation bit of Stadium Stampede with PnP. That poo poo was great.

It was literally specifically the teleporting at his debut, when he bounced around the empty arena as Jericho looked on in the most jarringly obvious series of camera cuts ever committed to film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Waffleopolis posted:

I think Bray CAN be good in AEW.

1.) This can help him mentally. Brodie's death hit him hard and I think a positive environment like AEW who has some of Brodie's old friends can help him

2.) More freedom with a character he'd like to do. Make a proper monster.

3.) If ANYONE could make a "make x the new DO leader" angle work it would be him as a heel version of his swamp cult gimmick. DO would obviously deny him at first but slowly twist them mentally into acceptance one by one. Is this a good idea? Probably not, but he is the only person who can pull it off.

I remember watching, I think a CVV interview with Rowan where the idea of Rowan going to AEW (I ~think~ this was before Brodie died) and his response was basically "[Brodie] is over there doing his thing and I don't want to step on any toes over there by showing up and immediately having everyone assume that there will be a Bludgeon Bros/Wyatt family kind of angle". I kind of wonder if Rowan still has that mindset where AEW was Brodie's thing so he's staying away even with Brodie gone, and I also wonder (more relevant to your post) if Bray would/does feel kinda similarly.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

So if Bray does have the standard 90, that frees him up the week before Halloween.

Just loving lol at them letting probably their most creative star since the early aughts leave in a wet fart of a press release.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

BrayEW, Its like poetry

It rhymes.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Waffleopolis posted:

3.) If ANYONE could make a "make x the new DO leader" angle work it would be him as a heel version of his swamp cult gimmick. DO would obviously deny him at first but slowly twist them mentally into acceptance one by one. Is this a good idea? Probably not, but he is the only person who can pull it off.

This is exactly what they should do. Bray insidiously twists the DO one by one until they're all super twisted, maybe Silver doesn't break and tries to rescue his friends. Then they finally turn face on Wyatt and the crowd loses their minds like with Bryan. Great slow burn story

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yeah, uh, that thing kind of annoys them.

https://twitter.com/silvernumber1/status/1400474067988275208?lang=en

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

But yeah i do think bray is going to go be the sultan of the spooky zone in impact instead of AEW. I have no proof of this but it seems true to me.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

But yeah i do think bray is going to go be the sultan of the spooky zone in impact instead of AEW. I have no proof of this but it seems true to me.

THE SULTAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE4K00zcV7s

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tired: Bray should join the Dark Order

Wired:

https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1421534612732403714

This would actually rule.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god, Bray doing American Psycho in the HFO.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

Wired:

on BTE they can have him tease spooky stuff that turns out completely mundane

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
If every person who got released and the internet fans went "Oh my god they should join the Dark Order" actually did so they'd have like 200 people in their roster at this point

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

So IRS then

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Wired:

ok yeah this is true

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

smarxist posted:

and now BEHOLD YOUR WORST FEAR

...you really hosed up these expense reports, the head office isn't paying your travel costs from the last loop

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

smarxist posted:

I was thinking on BTE he can just release new spooky shirts and masks and doll that he flat out tells you he is just releasing to make money and have nothing to do with wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alan_Shore posted:

So IRS then

IRS didn't wear a nice suit.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Drakkel posted:

If every person who got released and the internet fans went "Oh my god they should join the Dark Order" actually did so they'd have like 200 people in their roster at this point

OK and are you going to get to the problem part any time soon?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Alan_Shore posted:

This is exactly what they should do. Bray insidiously twists the DO one by one until they're all super twisted, maybe Silver doesn't break and tries to rescue his friends. Then they finally turn face on Wyatt and the crowd loses their minds like with Bryan. Great slow burn story

why are all your ideas so bad

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

VK Wallstreet did tho

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

folks, think about this:

Bray Wyatt’s most recent character work involved him being both
-very nice and
-very evil

which I suggest is ripe with opportunity for a certain kind of...let’s say synergyhausen

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shinjobi posted:

Wyatt was a victim of his own booking, but full disclosure while I thought the Fiend was an interesting enough idea at its start I could not even begin to figure out how you book that with the Firefly Funhouse stuff on top of it.

Well it would help not to job him all the time.

The HIAC fiasco with Seth Rollins didn't help either.

Also The Fiend as IRS's kid blows my mind.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

aew should bring in Windham to do a Husky Harris reboot and let his creativity really shine

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SatansOnion posted:

which I suggest is ripe with opportunity for a certain kind of...let’s say synergyhausen

I swear to god if Danhausen mind tricks me into buying Windham Rotundo merchandise.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Wired:

"Brother Windham, I KNEW YOU'D COME!... to help me cut costs leading into Q4"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Excalibur, happily: It's Fiend's Trick, gentlemen! We love to see it.
Jim Ross, dripping with contempt: hear that, kids? fiend's trick

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Drakkel posted:

good maybe they could win a match then

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

put bray in the HFO with a nick khan cost-cutter gimmick

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Conrad_Birdie posted:

why are all your ideas so bad

How dare u

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
bray should join the dark order as Husky Harris and then through the hardwork of all his new friends he should get in better shape and pick out some nice clothes and become Hunky Harris

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Have Wyatt join the Chaos Project as a singles superheavy. Put him them in a program against HFO so they can finally get their cinematic match in which these three goons manage to scrap by a W against the massive HFO. Like in the pokemon movies when Team Rocket helps out take out the movie bad guy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If they get Bryan and Bray (they definitely have Punk) I wouldn't be shocked if they reach 2mil viewers at least once this year

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Give Bray the Tony Khan gimmick imo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MotU posted:

bray should join the dark order Wingmen as Husky Harris and then through the hardwork of all his new friends he should get in better shape and pick out some nice clothes and become Hunky Harris

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
yeah that works too

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Wyatt, Punk, and Bryan as an nWo type newcomer stable

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alan_Shore posted:

Guess it's bad takes week all around lmao

AEW not signing him is the good take. Put him in Japan for a while, he'd be a fun NEVER contender.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

Guess it's bad takes week all around lmao

AEW not signing him is the good take. Put him in Japan for a while, he'd be a fun NEVER contender.

the correct take is sign Punk, Bryan and Bray and then put an AEW Special on Monday night because i wanna see RAW do NXT numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Put Bray in charge of DO, but basically make him Hank Scorpio

or make the DO the homer simpson to bray's mr burns with like, 5 as his little wormy majordomo

(all of these are terrible ideas but i am a poster so i must post)