Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

What is Eve Beeper doing in the Impact Zone

Old post but I read this as "Evil Bee Keeper" and now I'd really like to see that gimmick. Just a masked dude with a lil smoke wand and a sack of bees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Never forget

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I think the bigger thing that annoys me with the DO thing is that people keep declaring that whatever spooky wrestler gets fired would be the PERFECT NEW LEADER of the Dark Order despite the fact that the Dark Order aren't even those guys anymore. They aren't a cult anymore, they're just a group of goofballs who want to support each other and their sad cowboy friend.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Tired: Bray should join the Dark Order

Wired:

https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1421534612732403714

This would actually rule.

That is a delightfully creative idea. Maybe do a subtle gag about feeling "weird " on Halloween but never follow up on it.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
We are at an incredibly interesting bit of wrestling history. Two philosophies of promotion are clashing.

“The brand is the star” vs “Stars draw money”

Every other time this happens, Stars win.

WWE has infinite resources, but we shall see who comes out on top.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

Never forget

i watch wrestling wearing this and only this

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Obviously he's worth a try, but I'm not optimistic how well his ideas or his in ring performance would play in AEW. Maybe they could temper his worse instincts the way they seem to have kept Malachi Black on the "cool looking badass who kicks hard" side of his gimmick, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Have him come out with a pseudo Fiend gimmick as he hobbles down the ramp and he slowly picks up the mic and says..

"There's too much loving poo poo on me I can't breathe."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Waffleopolis posted:

Have him come out with a pseudo Fiend gimmick as he hobbles down the ramp and he slowly picks up the mic and says..

"I'm gonna to rip the head off."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Every time he wins or loses a match the camera closes up on him about to exit the ring saying "let me out"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Every time he wins or loses a match the camera closes up on him about to exit the ring saying "let me out of this ring-like structure"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

instead of the funhouse, he runs the "Sloppy Shop Steakhouse"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"I'm putting the big mallet down. It kills"
"The mallet kills?"
"Yeah, it actually does kill! It's quite heavy, Tony!"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol I posted about the Bray story on the Two Best Friends Play subreddit and this is the kinda thing I'm dealing with over there.

https://twitter.com/Shard01464880/status/1421559650374365185

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't want to see Bray Rotundo in AEW yet, I think he'd be a good shot in the arm in a little while. Maybe around Christmas, as Punk and Bryan aren't quite as new and shiny anymore.

I wanna see him sack up and go to NJPW and learn to get nasty with his hits. His crossbody is rad but I would love to see him get meaner learning from Ishii and Suzuki and Shingo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

blunt posted:

Old post but I read this as "Evil Bee Keeper" and now I'd really like to see that gimmick. Just a masked dude with a lil smoke wand and a sack of bees.
This is only acceptable if Miro tosses the sack of bees like he did with Jake's snake.

Drakkel posted:

I think the bigger thing that annoys me with the DO thing is that people keep declaring that whatever spooky wrestler gets fired would be the PERFECT NEW LEADER of the Dark Order despite the fact that the Dark Order aren't even those guys anymore. They aren't a cult anymore, they're just a group of goofballs who want to support each other and their sad cowboy friend.
This is why I was advocating for Sting. If he's not wrestling regularly, having a coolguy veteran mentor who's also kind of spooky would be a great fit. Darby doesn't really need him.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
TBH i wish AEW had more spooky poo poo I thought it was very sick when Malakai black showed up. I think that Darby Allin should have lost the coffin match and kayfabe died doing it, but only so he could come back as a frankenstein

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shard posted:

Lol I posted about the Bray story on the Two Best Friends Play subreddit and this is the kinda thing I'm dealing with over there.

https://twitter.com/Shard01464880/status/1421559650374365185

not surprising that subreddit is a garbage fire of negativity, they take after that slovenly gently caress Pat

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
This is the one & only time I want the WWE to heavily enforce their copyright because I really don’t want The Fiend or Fiend-adjacent characters showing up here.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nea posted:

TBH i wish AEW had more spooky poo poo I thought it was very sick when Malakai black showed up. I think that Darby Allin should have lost the coffin match and kayfabe died doing it, but only so he could come back as a frankenstein

they're gonna save that for Darby Allin vs Tama Tonga

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

dsriggs posted:

This is the one & only time I want the WWE to heavily enforce their copyright because I really don’t want The Fiend or Fiend-adjacent characters showing up here.

if bray is gonna show up for real, I only want him to show up and do something new

He's been v. good at reinventing himself, I hope he'll do it again

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Excalibur: "What the hell is Windham Wyatt doing here!?!!?"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bray's debut episode in AEW is just two hours of Excalibur reading his new character's lore bible as Bray walks to the ring incredibly slowly

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Excalibur: "What the hell is Windham Wyatt doing here!?!!?"

Okay but that is a good name.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wyatt Windham III, of the Stamford Windhams.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Windham Lawrence Rotunda the sleazy southern businessman who gets brought in by Matt Hardy to help manage the HFO as it increases in size, but starts to exert more and more control until he is cutting members, citing budget concerns. This could lead to a feud with Matt Hardy over control of the HFO, where Matt turns face when he for the first time shows genuine concern for his underlings who are now being unceremoniously discarded.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

The Butcher, the Blade, the Bray, and Bunny.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Was this already known?

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1421562571262287873

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Was this already known?

Yes, he's with the LAX reboot in MLW.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Alaois posted:

Wyatt Windham III, of the Stamford Windhams.

I'd watch this gimmick, Bray as an old money heir with an unhinged side he keeps buried under affectations of upper crust living

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Tired: Bray should join the Dark Order

Wired:

https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1421534612732403714

This would actually rule.

Bray should replace the Butcher when he's on tour with ETID and disappear once he's back and nobody ever comments on it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Waffleopolis posted:

Okay but that is a good name.

Hear me out. It could be shortened: "Ham Wyatt"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

a certain scoopster has been suggesting something SiNiStEr happened

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Windham Lawrence Rotunda the sleazy southern businessman who gets brought in by Matt Hardy to help manage the HFO as it increases in size, but starts to exert more and more control until he is cutting members, citing budget concerns. This could lead to a feud with Matt Hardy over control of the HFO, where Matt turns face when he for the first time shows genuine concern for his underlings who are now being unceremoniously discarded.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Bray is going to be so happy when he finally arrives at AEW

And you know he will.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Stick him in the business bear suit

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

(financially) BROKEN MATT HARDY

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

“I think for the foreseeable future you’ve seen the last of me in AEW. The door was kept open for a possible return one day. They spoke very highly of my work ethic and my work. I know I have a really good relationship with Tony Khan. He’s an amazing human. He’s an amazing person to work for. I am still able to work for New Japan Pro Wrestling and I’m still able to work for the United Wrestling Network. I’m still able to do my indie dates.”

Sounds awful.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
Bray should absolutely show up and join the Dark Order. But not to try and take over as a leader; just because he wants (and maybe needs) to be around Brodie's friends.

F it, just go full feel-good with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JUNGLE BOY posted:

:rolleyes:

Danny in the article posted:

The door was kept open for a possible return one day. They spoke very highly of my work ethic and my work. I know I have a really good relationship with Tony Khan. He’s an amazing human. He’s an amazing person to work for.

Sounds like he just wants to focus on what he's doing in MLW